Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:41:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: encapsule mulitple transferring in one transaction  (Read 86 times)
Octmath (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 05:15:37 AM

I am not sure whether I can ask eth question here. I read materials about bitcoin before and knwo that bitcoin can put multiple transferring in one transaction. is there a counterpart of such function in eth?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Coding Enthusiast
Legendary

Activity: 1039
Merit: 2783

Bitcoin and C♯ Enthusiast

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 05:30:00 AM

I don't think this is the appropriate board for this question, but then there is no Altcoin Technical Discussion board!

This is an interesting question that I was also wondering about recently so I did some research. Disappointingly the findings were somewhat contradictory. Some say it is possible and some say it isn't. The discussions about it being impossible are more reasonable.
For instance ETH is not a currency so you shouldn't expect currency functions from it such as "payment". Ether which is the token you are sending is meant to be used as a fuel for smart contracts so technically you should have only 1 recipient.
But I have seen people saying it is possible and saw one script for it (which I can't find now). But the problem was that the script was basically a loop making multiple transactions like a chain making multiple payments instead of paying all in one tx, at least that is what I figured.

If someone has any more information I would love to hear it...

Projects List+Suggestion box
Donate: 1Q9s or bc1q
|
|
|
FinderOuter(0.19.1)Ann-git
Denovo(0.7.0)Ann-git
Bitcoin.Net(0.26.0)Ann-git
|
|
|
BitcoinTransactionTool(0.11.0)Ann-git
WatchOnlyBitcoinWallet(3.2.1)Ann-git
SharpPusher(0.12.0)Ann-git
Heisenberg_Hunter
Legendary

Activity: 1583
Merit: 1276

Heisenberg Design Services

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2018, 12:48:24 PM

Though there aren't a separate place for discussing technical topics on Altcoins,  you can use the ANN Thread to clear your doubts.

Ether is not a currency which can be used for payments like btc. It will be mostly used only for covering gas fees as mentioned by VB. Hence, tokens based on ether can use this function while ether can't. It isn't a complete NO, but you can send eth to multiple addresses using the ecrecover option. I am not really familiar about using this, but sending tokens to multiple address is as easy as creating a contract. You just need to know some basic solidity coding and need to know how to use the multisend function. Here after creating a smart contract for sending of tokens, the list of addresses you mentioned will act as an array and tokens are sent.

Multisend() is commonly used by ICO teams while distributing airdrop tokens to the fellow participants. A basic solidity code for sending tokens to multiple addresses look like

Code:
contract Multisend { function multiTransfer(ERC20 token, address[] _addresses, uint256 amount) 
   public { for (uint256 i = 0; i < _addresses.length; i++)
        {
           token.transfer(_addresses[i], amount);
} } }

Though this may not be a direct answer for your question, it might help you in understanding how eth works.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: