Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:14:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My Ether Wallet  (Read 6429 times)
zirt

Activity: 296
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:32:13 AM

Hi
Maybe you can help me?
I saved my JSON from myetherwallet.

I struggle with the passwd (and I don t have my private key). I think I will find it but I need many tries.

I might be able to recover the passwd if I can do 100 or 1000 tries. But it s very not convenient on myetherwallet as there is a 10sec delay or so.
Any (easy) way I can try many password, ideally from a list I can make before?

I can use windows or linux.

Thank you for your help
kuroman

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 05:56:11 PM

What would be the difference between myetherwallet, and the eth wallet you get from other websites lets say blockchain.info for example ?

Also I'm pretty curious how the wallet with other cryptos that uses the eth protocol, since I was off cryptos when eth protocol become widely used
blackhawkeye1912

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 10:27:34 PM

I have created a wallet on MEW (https://www.myetherwallet.com/) and I have a number of questions / clarification needed:

1) To my understanding, this is not an online wallet: the website simply generate a wallet address, and gives me the public and private keys, which I can then safely store offline or on a piece of paper, if I wish so, right?

2) Once I have the address generate at 1) above, I can then send ETH and/or a number of ETH tokens to this address, right?

3) the blockchain knows that this address has received this amount of ETH and that amount of tokens. If I'm in control of the private key, then I can use my ETH and/or token for whatever I please: transfer them to another user, another wallet, an exchange etc ... Correct?

4) Even though I store on my address different tokens and/or ETH, I only need one private key right? I.e. once I know the address and my private key that unlocks my wallet with all the content which I can then use as I prefer.

Thanks for helping to understand!
Cheers,
Jay

I don't see any wrong with your explanation, it is all right and true. Maybe the the I could add is by using myetherwallet, you store some of your altcoins there if the coin is listed in mew where it is safe to keep it and hold it in a long term.
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 04:26:49 AM

What would be the difference between myetherwallet, and the eth wallet you get from other websites lets say blockchain.info for example ?

Also I'm pretty curious how the wallet with other cryptos that uses the eth protocol, since I was off cryptos when eth protocol become widely used

difference between myetherwallet and the eth wallet you get from other websites is that mew supports all new and old altcoins/tokens. mew is also easy to use and widely supports major hardware wallets for a better management and transfers (e.g imports and exports ) whether  it is a coin or your private keys. though mew isnt 100% safe due to the fact that it was involved recently on many phising attemps therfor you should always look up and check the site address if it was spelled correctly and has an https or has a lock symbol.
tricker01

Activity: 140
Merit: 20

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 06:31:48 AM

MEW is one of the best ethereum wallet, it was a friendly user's and they are easy to understand. I think more users used this wallet because they were know that this wallet is safe and secured.
kuroman

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 12:02:59 PM

difference between myetherwallet and the eth wallet you get from other websites is that mew supports all new and old altcoins/tokens. mew is also easy to use and widely supports major hardware wallets for a better management and transfers (e.g imports and exports ) whether  it is a coin or your private keys. though mew isnt 100% safe due to the fact that it was involved recently on many phising attemps therfor you should always look up and check the site address if it was spelled correctly and has an https or has a lock symbol.

Alright, thanks for the information, so Blockchain.info ether wallet is not compatible with other altcoin and tokens using the ETH protocol if I understand correctly.

Anyway I'll getting one aswell nothing to lose and miss around with it to if it is better or not.
BIHI2010

Activity: 324
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:23:09 PM

how to understand this? Insufficient funds. The account you tried to send transaction from does not have enough funds. Required 782160000000000 and got: 0.
Woody20285
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1002

Supporting DMD, ERC & PIO

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 09:00:54 AM

Very new to MyEtherWallet. I have 2 addresses. When I go to MyEtherWallet.com,
 it automatically takes me to one wallet. How do I switch to my other address?
Been searching and it must be easy but, have not figured it out.

Any help appreciated. TY
Woody
Will Crypto Make Me Rich?

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 03:18:19 PM

What prevents an air gaped offline Myetherwallet application from creating a duplicate wallet address?
tadex01

Activity: 99
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 06:28:29 PM

Hi I have a question, how do I sign out or logout of myetherwallet account after completed my transactions?
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: