Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:48:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scam Alert! Bitcoin-Central  (Read 8536 times)
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2013, 09:13:43 PM

I live in same city than the owners of the exchange, if they are scamers, I can physically kick them ass

It's kind of bizarre that people assume this kind of thing, you could also be denied entry, get your ass kicked or whatever.

And I don't think they would create a registered compagny, using registered bank accounts for customers to scam them.

It's pretty sure in those conditions they will finish in jail if they do this.

Thank you, finally someone speaking some plain old common sense!

In more confident using exchanges fully registered with banks, and european laws, that's why I use bitcoin.de, and have registered on bitcoin-central.net  Wink

Both (bank accounts are not available yet in bitcoin.de, but it's coming) are covered by europeans bank law for fiat deposits to a level of 100 000€, no fear that they run with money, and if the company goes bankrupt, I'm covered.

Words of wisdom :-)

So in my opinion, for european users, those two websites (one is OTC, other is real exchange) are the better covered against incidents for buying bitcoins Smiley

Yup, other exchanges work in a sort of flawed way where the user deposits are considered to be corporate property, and can be seized, frozen and whatnot, for whatever reason, like it happened to mtgox in France (without much consequences), in the US (making them insolvent), and like it'll happen eventually to bitstamp.

The worse thing they'll ever do is 'fart in your general direction'.

I'll assume your address and my compass are accurate, so consider it just happened.

It's like if I have been interviewed by Fox  Grin

You made me chuckle :-)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
D357@RG

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2013, 11:06:18 PM

Alert:tvbcof and his new TKeenan alias is actually a troll trying to derail bitcoin start ups in any way he can, essentially by foul calomny.

tvbcof is displaying now his xenophobia openly. That is why he is targeting specifically a Paris-based business.

Ouch!  You cut me to the the quick, man!

It's not like I asserted that all French people have poor hygiene habits and offensive body odor because of this.  Or maybe I did...I don't remember.  Anyway, some of my best friends or French.  Hmmm...actually that's not true.  I don't think I really have any French friends.  I had a Belgian co-worker not long ago an he was pretty cool though.  French, Belgian, Mongolian, whatever.  It's all about the same thing to us xenophobes.

tvbcof - All of my lulz!!1

Boussac - listen here Frenchy, interwebs srs business.  playing the 'race card' like you have just done here sends an open invitation for responses of this flavor. 

then again, you raise an interesting point: should no-cap crypto-coin businesses be afforded some form of special treatment, a handycap adjustment if you will, if they're french?  i say NO to special treatment for the french! 
Boussac
Legendary

Activity: 1220
Merit: 1015

e-ducat.fr

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 02:06:46 PM

all French people have poor hygiene habits and offensive body odor because of this.
 i say NO to special treatment for the french!
Fortunately, they are almost completely non-existent in technology and matters relating to the Internet.  When they do come, the come like this feeble group.  Very limply arrive - and quickly disappear.  And that is the end of the story for Bitcoin-Central.   Pfffftt!!!  Just like a French fart.
You are right: my accusations of xenophobia are completely misguided. You are simply suffering from brain damage caused by too much watching Fox news.
I do feel sorry for you and you cannot change that. Now you are going on my ignore list for good if you don't mind.

Boussac
Legendary

Activity: 1220
Merit: 1015

e-ducat.fr

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 02:12:46 PM
Last edit: November 13, 2013, 04:38:30 PM by Boussac

playing the 'race card' like you have just done here sends an open invitation for responses of this flavor.  
I did not know nationality was race. There are people of all shapes and colors around here.
Thanks for enlightening me with your knowledge and wisdom.

By the way, read the posts before you write because someone else first mentionned that I may be from a country where people talk funny.
I try to conceal this handicap but my poor command of the English language and my blog address probably betrayed me.

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 05:18:03 AM

I just learned that Bitstamp is the exchange which you guys dream about making.  It is an actual organization with real professionals and stuff like that.

Please do be a little bit careful about this.  Boussac was eventually DOX'd in spite of the general care Bitcoin-Central took to hide their identities.  Or at least he gave some name for his presentation in San Jose earlier this year.

To the best of my knowledge the operators of Bitstamp have not been identified.  As is the case with ~davout, one of the operators of Bitstamp is has admin capabilities on this board (~hazek) but that is not a guarantee of easy tracking should it come to that, and certainly should not be used as an indication of honesty or integrity.  Sometimes I feel it is the opposite in fact.

For my part, I only do business with outfits that don't try to obscure the identities of their principles.  Currently I patronize Coinbase and Blockchain.info in part because of this.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 08:08:16 AM

I just learned that Bitstamp is the exchange which you guys dream about making.

An unlicensed money business, ignorant of FATCA (read: they'll get anally raped as soon as they set foot in the US), that can't properly round a fee, that is being effortlessly MITM'd by the NSA (yes cloudflare I'm looking at you), run by a couple slovenian freshmen? Hah. They have a very successful lemonade stand, good for them!

Not a bunch of pillocks playing about on the internet pretending to make a business.  

This is rather cute coming from a pretend-lawyer whose website comments section advertises penis enlargement products and leaks your contracts templates all over the internet ;-)

Boussac was eventually DOX'd in spite of the general care Bitcoin-Central took to hide their identities.

You're such a priceless little fella.

To the best of my knowledge

And that's why no one gives a single shit about your "knowledge".

Currently I patronize Coinbase and Blockchain.info

Go back to the newbie jail, or the self-moderated section, you'll avoid getting yourself bitchslapped back and forth :-)

tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 09:15:24 AM

Boussac was eventually DOX'd in spite of the general care Bitcoin-Central took to hide their identities.

You're such a priceless little fella.

Finally.

BTW, how's that police investigation coming along?

And dija figure out what your take on the unclaimed wallets ended up being?  At the rate Bitcoin is going up it should pay all you guy's salaries for years, eh?

To the best of my knowledge

And that's why no one gives a single shit about your "knowledge".

Currently I patronize Coinbase and Blockchain.info

Go back to the newbie jail, or the self-moderated section, you'll avoid getting yourself bitchslapped back and forth :-)

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 10:01:26 AM

Finally.

Trolling is a art that you do not seem to master.
Or maybe you're actually unable to perform a basic google search, is that so?
Oh god, it doesn't even require googling, most decent browsers will take you to paymium.com directly if you type "paymium" in the address bar.

So my question here, is "Finally what?".

BTW, how's that police investigation coming along?

You seem confused. If the difference between a private investigator and a police officer is unclear to you I suggest you go find out.

And dija figure out what your take on the unclaimed wallets ended up being?

Please, let me know by PM (or publicly if you so wish), if there is a way for us to compile an accurate financial reporting document that you can independently cross-check without trusting us. Describe all the information that should be included and how it could be cross-checked independently.

Now let us go back on topic, which, for the record is "I was scammed because BC's verification process took more time than the advertised general time-frame", a particular case of the more general problem "my fries came cold".

davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 12:58:21 AM

Fucking typical French - going after the fries thing.  You frogs LOVE McDonalds.  Go to any town in the whole country - biggest line is at McDonalds.

Yup, I'm loving it. But do you see the morbidly obese crowd you're used to in said lines? Nah. Why would that be?
Sometimes I get cold fries, I go to the counter, I say "could you change my fries, they're cold", which I usually follow by "please" and conclude by a "thank you" upon reception of additionnal fries in the acceptable temperature range. Oh, and every fucking time I forget to ask for extra salt, so I have to go back, stupid me.

Dude - it was your smart fucking answer to an inquiry which made me think you are a scammer.

Look at the mtgox withdrawal delay thread, these people have reasons to be angry!
But you... Seriously, you're waiting in line like everyone else for a few days more than advertised and you get all agitated and all "approve my account or else"?

(And for the record, despite your account being locked on our side your verification process went on with our partner and you have a verified account with them since a week or so)

you could use those penis adverts

Haha, that Napoleon complex thing again? Do you know that saying? "The flaws we see in others..."

can you please provide a link?

No fucking way. I don't disclose identifying information about past, current, or to-be customers, and certainly not to make some random point on some random internet message board.

So I want to know - are you now willing to admit your service is merely vaporware?

That's what it'll be to you unless you get invited back in :-)

At least two of us

Look, you're new here, no problem with that, for now you just need to know that tvbcof has some sort of weird obsession with me. Go figure.

you've done nothing to indicate Bitcoin-Central is nothing more than BS.

Right. Now I'm going to thank you for your visit and genuinely wish you luck and happiness, you know where to find me.

davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 10:05:34 PM

I will be contacting the authorities about this.  This 'pretend lawyer' comment is professional defamation and it is treated quite severely.  You will learn a little bit of law if you continue with me tough guy.

cool story. bring it bitch.

davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 01:17:42 AM

You'd better tread lightly my friend.  I'll have your doors shut tight in a hot Paris second.

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

bring it bitch

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.13 (Darwin)

iQEcBAEBAgAGBQJShsePAAoJEBMojqsBcTQo/yYIAJXfbkJ7R4EbIfIyhA2cLWDq
RwunJjXCaMiuQYDXvbcoJHWZ/FLR14mX7P54vm38QaIN0b5wLByBEWXta4jWmmsS
XCv68yvAteUEip6oWzyuIz9zi5pqZA8iw7b53t4U/Uzw1NzYMRl1Hp1CyVCBprTD
qqyPFb+ozsQ1JJJkicSyjq/CjeYwriInyM6GSpSva7NF1pa+Tof8GK6mxmsdSIbx
q9F70K94EQQPF2LV+DUjjsdqqLm0Mr3CQsrMGW0Ew/xqa7GVtE3JBxXPuDQ/UrpE
tqMvhVy1OZJz+DaM1sPeT0R5EnnYOjOZOgC54FIyQDJUmVmSm3xWVUrPhAfOUX8=
=VKMM
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 06:59:55 PM

I have now been informed by the authorities that there are no doors to shut

On a saturday? Cute Smiley

NickNick

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 08:13:41 PM

Some news for tonight's "site under maintenance"? I don't think I have ever been informed of it...
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 08:45:10 PM

Some news for tonight's "site under maintenance"? I don't think I have ever been informed of it...

Davout is probably tied up working on his 'military grade' computers so I'll be helpful and answer for him:

"Hey douche: Take your meds."

(I took the liberty of adding a French word for added effect.)

davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2013, 09:10:06 AM

Oh look, my two favorite haters, I won't have much time for you today, if this persists I'll make sure to hire someone to come feed you some drama and harvest the lulz from time to time.

@NickNick : Stuff that breaks usually doesn't warn in advance :-)

tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 07:35:08 PM

@NickNick : Stuff that breaks usually doesn't warn in advance :-)

Actually, it very often does if a person is good at their job.  And things that are not amenable to early warnings are usually designed to have redundancy (if implemented by competent persons.)

Of course you guys got hacked and your solvency was up in the air and you were 'saved' by a price drop (in the 'Instawallet was not a scam' scenario) so your competence has always been questionable.

davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 08:34:13 AM

Oh wow, half the posts disappeared in this thread, did TKeenan somehow manage to sober up?

Actually, it very often does if a person is good at their job.  And things that are not amenable to early warnings are usually designed to have redundancy (if implemented by competent persons.)

Of course you guys got hacked and your solvency was up in the air and you were 'saved' by a price drop (in the 'Instawallet was not a scam' scenario) so your competence has always been questionable.

So, how're you you today tvbcof?
I sense a lot of ungiven fucks in your aura, so I figured I'd keep you company a bit :-)

tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 05:54:36 PM

Oh wow, half the posts disappeared in this thread, did TKeenan somehow manage to sober up?

[sys failure early warnings]  Actually, it very often does if a person is good at their job. ...

So, how're you you today tvbcof?
I sense a lot of ungiven fucks in your aura, so I figured I'd keep you company a bit :-)

I'm well.  Thanks.

You seem to be basking in the pleasure of having both admin powers on bitcointalk.org where 'scam accusations' happen while simultaneously being a member of a loose group of organizations which take people's bitcoin and sometimes give them back.  I'm glad it brings you joy.

Gather around class; Today's lesson will be on 'Ethics' ...

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: