Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:59:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 119 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 80% of ICOs are Scams  (Read 12148 times)
krodmandoon

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 10:45:41 PM

I don't think that so many ICOs are scam. Not all of the failed projects are scam, some of them are just not thought well or not promoted good.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
richbeach

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 11:01:42 PM

They say on MyWish platform there will be a function for scam checking soon. And now you can try to create your own hype ico using promo
Jasoncrypto1

Activity: 11

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 12:01:58 AM

If you follow ukcrypto you can solid advice and technical analysis. They also have another channel reviewing ico's. They are not compensated for reviews and give honest ratings. Most get 1 star. Point out code faults etc
https://t.me/ukcrypto
Crypto-capitalist

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 02:49:03 AM

About 10% of current ICO are really successful projects. Deep analysis of the project is required to participate in ICO. First of all, you need to familiarize yourself with the project team. However, the right analysis and the right investments in cryptocurrency lead to tremendous success
Agree, but I think that 5% of ICO very successful and 15-20% when project developing normal in long term.
marvtridon

Activity: 151
Merit: 3

THE ONE STOP SOLUTION FOR THE CRYPTO WORLD

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 02:55:39 AM

It ain't fair n right to say 80% of ICOs are scam. Common we should be bigger than this and not just picking numbers or using some unverified source information to make public declarative statements.

If 80% are scam then we are in it for a bad business

CRYPTASSIST.io   |▌  ICO has Started  ▶  JOIN NOW!
THE ONE STOP SOLUTION FOR THE CRYPTO WORLD   ⚫  WIN A TESLA ROADSTER!
wayaneka

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 03:37:46 AM

All ICO project should has rules to protect investor from lose by program buy back token and burn token model, by this way developer can avoid big loss of their investor from big drop of token price. Regulation is also very important to make sure the project has awesome product and will manage by solid team. ICO market now to big in quantity but low in quality product, because they can issued and create token easyly without any working product, many project does not continue to development the idea of project.

atliens99

Activity: 392
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 06:11:20 PM

Well to be honest a lot of people still call bitcoin a scam so make of that what you will.
ovcijisir

Activity: 1487
Merit: 323

🐪 https://freebitco.in/?r=38535612

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 06:17:34 PM

I don't think that number of scam ICO's is that high. If some project fails for some reason (ex. if softcap is not reached) that doesn't mean it is a scam.

cryptowye

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 06:21:09 PM

I would say 90% altcoins out there are questionable and might not last after few years. Look back at the dotcom bubble.
DeKingCrypto

Activity: 518
Merit: 124

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 06:30:02 PM

Saw this study on twitter... https://twitter.com/Zeex_me/status/978981735101878272

I've seen a lot of people asking about how many legit ICOs there are, so I thought I'd share

Quote from the article: "The study begins by breaking down ICOs into 6 groups: Scam, Failed, Gone Dead, Dwindling, Promising, Successful. “On the basis of the above classification,” they wrote, “we found that approximately 81% of ICO’s were Scams, ~6% Failed, ~5% had Gone Dead, and ~8% went on to trade on a exchange.”

"Scams were defined by researchers as “Any project that expressed availability of [an] ICO investment (through a website publishing, ANN thread, or social media posting with a contribution address), did not have/had no intention of fulfilling project development duties with the funds, and/or was deemed by the community (message boards, website or other online information) to be a scam.”

DYOR people ...

Everyone is subject to his/her opinion, before I buy into your ideology, I will first examine the circumstances that surrounds your ideology. What I understand here is that most project did not plan to fail, but because of the competitions in the cryptowolrd has made them seems to scam people. So I will say no to 80% of altcoin being scam.
@leko$

Activity: 31

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 06:33:21 PM

There're more writers than blockchain developers on this planet. Most of the blockchain developers are already working on a project, please ask yourself who will develop everything written in all these ICO whitepapers??? A whitepaper is written fast but to code everything written is much more work. I don't want to say that all ICO are scams but it is simply not possible to develop all these projects without enough developers.
tadex01

Activity: 99

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 06:34:58 PM

How can one differentiate a fake ICO from original?
Bezobraznike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 06:45:31 PM

Saw this study on twitter... https://twitter.com/Zeex_me/status/978981735101878272

I've seen a lot of people asking about how many legit ICOs there are, so I thought I'd share

Quote from the article: "The study begins by breaking down ICOs into 6 groups: Scam, Failed, Gone Dead, Dwindling, Promising, Successful. “On the basis of the above classification,” they wrote, “we found that approximately 81% of ICO’s were Scams, ~6% Failed, ~5% had Gone Dead, and ~8% went on to trade on a exchange.”

"Scams were defined by researchers as “Any project that expressed availability of [an] ICO investment (through a website publishing, ANN thread, or social media posting with a contribution address), did not have/had no intention of fulfilling project development duties with the funds, and/or was deemed by the community (message boards, website or other online information) to be a scam.”

DYOR people ...

Everyone is subject to his/her opinion, before I buy into your ideology, I will first examine the circumstances that surrounds your ideology. What I understand here is that most project did not plan to fail, but because of the competitions in the cryptowolrd has made them seems to scam people. So I will say no to 80% of altcoin being scam.

DeKingCrypto you are right about what you say
here. Most of ICO's fail cause they did not find a
way to struggle with pressure. Big competition,
new technical challenge's, to stay at top demands
big sacrifice, some are not ready for that and they
fail.
   Many failed, and many more will. There are many
that will endure and become stronger. Crypto-system
is at beginning, many up's and down's are waiting
entire crypto-system before it set's it's place in this
world.
   Time will tell how many ICO's have enough to stay
competitive. New one's are getting out everyday, they
promise a lot, how much will they fulfill it's yet to be
seen. Let's be patient and wait for that, who have faith
will invest, who do not have it will regret later for missed
opportunity.  

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
cryptoid999

Activity: 58

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 06:53:27 PM

Really a lot of ICO it was originally a failed project or a Scam  Cry
Tylev

Activity: 854
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 07:17:43 PM

I think that the figure of 80 percent of fraudulent ICO is too high. Here it is said that to fraudulent are those ICO projects, according to which people expressed in social networks that they are fraudulent. I know that in many cases, when tokens are for any reason delayed, the generosity campaigners start to panic and write that this project is fraudulent. I think that fraudulent ICO is much less. According to other studies, they are about a third, still as many as failed. This is a more real figure. It roughly corresponds to my practice, although by my calculations, fraudulent and failed ICO campaigns will have no more than 40 percent.
stingraydiver

Activity: 117
Merit: 18

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 07:34:50 PM

This is exactly why you should research any investment vehicle.  Please read my other post on investing in crypto.  There are fundamental principles that should be followed to decrease your chances of becoming a victim of fraud!!
IrReAr

Activity: 742
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 08:26:18 PM

The article is based on this https://medium.com/satis-group/ico-quality-development-trading-e4fef28df04f which doesn't mention any of them by name. With a number as high as 80% I wouldn't be surprised if joke cryptos like doge coin or garlicoin are counted as scams too. The "study" is meaningless if we can't even check which cryptos they evaluated.
carlowell

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

Presale Starting May 1st

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2018, 02:00:22 PM

I cannot agree of more than half of the current ICOs were actually scams because I agree there are too any ICOs that were failed on promoting their Crypto project in the crypto world market but it doesn't mean they're scam and fraud.
Most failed ICOs were decided to stop their Crypto project due to insufficient fund raised on their ICO stage and some had been successful.
There are a lot of scam ICOs that are already bagged investors' money but I don't think most of the ICOs are scams.
In my personal ratio then there would be 1 over 20 ICOs are scam, that is only 5% and not 80%.

MattLawson48

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 02:11:58 PM

DYOR people ...
Interesting numbers. I was looking at one listing site that had around 2,000 ICOs on it. If these numbers are accurate then approx 160 of these ICOs will make it to the exchange. With huge upside potential, I like the odds of finding a few of those 160.
JembatanMerah

Activity: 211

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 02:20:07 PM

Yes you can wisely choose the ICO projects if there are more supporters and the idea is unique then you can trust or else you can skip the project.

one of the things to watch out for when wanting to join a project is to first understand the concept of the project, the teams involved, will indeed people who are already recognized will be its performance, as well as the clarity of the roadmap of the project then, it can be used as a tool to be alert and avoid the scam from the project.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 119 »
  Print  

Jump to: