Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:20:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What happened to my addresses?  (Read 896 times)
btc123 (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2012, 02:19:24 AM

I only have addresses in my address book from my most recent transactions.  I can only assume this is because I recently updated my bitcoin client (0.6.0.6-beta).
My balance and transaction history is still in tact so I'm OK there.  I just want to make sure that any new BTC sent to old addresses would still be received.
Is this normal after an upgrade?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 28, 2012, 02:51:36 AM

Sounds normal.  Your old bitcoin addresses should still be present, and still usable.  The client just doesn't display all of them.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 28, 2012, 06:00:37 AM

I just want to make sure that any new BTC sent to old addresses would still be received.

Did you add encryption to your wallet?  Normally, you don't want to continue using any addresses that existed prior to the wallet being encrypted.  Any pre-encryption addresses are marked as being used.

"Bitcoin 0.5 [and greater] will flush the key pool upon encryption."
 - http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/a/2016/153

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █