Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 11:53:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Suggestion to Cryptsy  (Read 2188 times)
elambert (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 12:39:31 AM
Last edit: October 31, 2013, 01:39:36 PM by elambert

Let me preface this with saying that I am a huge fan and long time supporter of Cryptsy. Some time ago, when I was an avid trader at btc-e, I received a 1 week ban from chat. This encouraged me to join the Cryptsy chat instead. I quickly fell in love with the exchange and the community and once my btc-e ban lifted, I did not even want to go back. I moved my funds to Cryptsy and had a new home. Crytpsy did everything right then as a fledgling exchange by adding lots of coins and drawing a loyal customer base. I argue, although controversial, the adding of many coins was/is one of the keys to their success, but not the only factor. They also always had a mod in chat and tickets filed for issues were responded to promptly. The exchange worked great and Cryptsy quickly became a major player, even stole a large number of btc-e loyals such as myself. But at some point in the last couple of months, things have changed and roles have reversed. Why?

I know the Cryptsy team is dedicated and has invested a lot of time and money into upgrades that are being implemented as we speak. I do have faith that these moves will correct any performance issues currently occurring. Additional to these moves, I would like to share a couple suggestions.

1. Cut out the coins you see fit (if this is indeed a cause of exchange performance issues)
2. Make sure the exchange is secure (has not been an issue to my knowledge)
3. Make sure deposits and withdrawals are working flawlessly
4. Tickets are responded to and problems fixed promptly
5. A mod is always present in the chat

Edit:
I have removed my suggested "coins to keep" list as this is not my place to decide or suggest.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
portice
Legendary

Activity: 999
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 01:22:47 AM

Please stop making reasonable, well thought out suggestions.  This is bitcointalk.org.  Thank you.
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2013, 01:41:01 AM

Bad list

r32godzilla

Activity: 1360
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 01:43:16 AM

While I agree with alot of what your saying (ie too many crapcoins polluting Cryptsy and diluting the market), there is no chance of removing dgc out of the btc market. Dgc practically made Cryptsy in the early days. It actually has a bright future and will move back up in value unlike alot of other coins.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin.....ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..
█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.Telegram....
samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1068

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 01:45:56 AM

Those LTC coins are all wrong and most of them belong in BTC on this exchange.

I know I don't bother with LTC these days and I won't be trading with it any time soon.
elambert (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 01:48:58 AM

While I agree with alot of what your saying (ie too many crapcoins polluting Cryptsy and diluting the market), there is no chance of removing dgc out of the btc market. Dgc practically made Cryptsy in the early days. It actually has a bright future and will move back up in value unlike alot of other coins.

I tried to keep the coins trading against BTC from the > .001 category. I think as coins grow in value, they should move to the higher market. Also a loss in value would move them to a lower market.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 01:51:52 AM

past is the past, judging by its trading DGC is past it, you guys could always get back and support it and prove me wrong, looks sick now, and didn't the dev move onto other projects?
Eli0t

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 01:56:37 AM

how about a beginner trader option that shows about 10 popular coins after you sign up (BTC market only). and not a massive wall of unknown coins that they have to untick one by one

with advanced trader ticked all markets and coins are visible

LTC:  LKpJf3uk7KsHU73kxq8iFJrP1AAKN7Yni7  DGC:  DKXGvEbj3Rwgrm2QQbRyNPDDZDYoq4Y44d  XPM:  AWV5AKfLFyoBaMjg9C77rGUBhuFxz5DGGL
DannyDisco

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 01:57:18 AM

If a coin can't sustain enough value to overcome 8 decimal places as a BTC trade pair, it shouldn't be listed. period.

That means that no coins should be only available in the LTC/XPM markets. Only the more popular ones.

Also, no way should DGC or WDC be removed from the BTC markets. Their trade volume alone is probably what is generating most of Cryptsy's revenue.

Here's my list. Then the highest volume coins would also be added to LTC/XPM markets.

BTC Market:
- ANC
- CGB
- DGC
- FRK
- FST
- LTC
- MEC
- NVC
- PPC
- QRK
- SRC
- WDC
- XPM

kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 01:59:54 AM

Too the OP I very much agree with you.

I can see a problem that everyone will come up with a different list, and many will add the bags they are holding to that list. Reality is reality and all the pump dump (or just dumps) cryptsy keeps adding is (and I warned this long ago), hurting the entire market.

Good coins are suffering along with the bad.

99% of the people giving freemarket advice to cryptsy about adding everything there is a market for (and believing the market will decide gibberish) , have no idea what they are talking about, and next to know market experience (you can all spit those same generic lines out).

I've been warning from long back (its like talking to a brick wall), now the prediction I've made are clearly starting to unfold, markets at saturation point and new coins are still being added.

Hopefully more devs of serious coins wiseup and realise why their coin is suffering despite all the hard work they put in.
DannyDisco

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 02:01:59 AM

past is the past, judging by its trading DGC is past it, you guys could always get back and support it and prove me wrong, looks sick now, and didn't the dev move onto other projects?

No? The dev is still very much involved with DGC. In about 4 days there will be a major update to the coin which hopes to fight against the decreasing value as well as the issue of profit hopping pools. Baritus is also hard at work on the CryptoAve exchange which will allow for direct DGC/USD trading. Also coming down the pipeline is Risk Adverse DGC Trading and a redesign of the dgc market place. It's actually more exciting than ever to be a Digitalcoin supporter, despite the currently low value. I predict lots of people will be very sorry in a few months that they didn't hop on when the prices where at an all time low.

techbytes
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 02:14:43 AM

Actually, all his projects evolve around DGC and it is in the process of getting fixed.

-tb-

ixxi

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 02:32:27 AM

Being a long time supporter myself I agree with OP. While the choice of coins to keep is debatable, I do agree that nowadays too many coins are being added. Cryptsy still has potential, especially when USD will be added, but I am one of those who might go back to mcx because it's just too much of a mess right now. I remember when I didn't have to scroll down and could just quickly scan all the coins, now it takes me half an hour just to scroll down to see my balance....

r32godzilla

Activity: 1360
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 02:38:27 AM

You are obviously out of the loop, we are still supporting it and so is Baritus. he would arguably be one of the hardest working devs going around. As mentioned by others in here there is alot coming for dgc in the near future and beyond highlighted by CryptoAve exchange which should begin closed beta testing late November according to Baritus. Lets just put dgc down as 'hibernating' at the moment.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin.....ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..
█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.Telegram....
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 03:06:54 AM

Everybody is an exchange expert,

Nobody actually runs an exchange!

So I think this deserves a re-post. What Cryptsy really wants to say to all of you.

~BCX~

(re-posted from a previous thread)

Hey Whiners, yeah I'm talking to you "Mr too stupid To release his transfer and then submit three tickets and create a thread Guy."
Shut the fuck up you bunch of ungrateful children obliviously ignorant to the fact without Cryptsy you idiots wouldn't even have a market for 75% of your crybaby coins. You turds come in the chat, berate, complain, whine about things my dog could figure out in two seconds flat after burning down a blunt. You offer nothing of value and think you are doing us favor by living your entire life in the chat box and gifting us the profit of your .0000035 LTC fees we collected from you last week.

So from the bottom of our hearts over here at Cryptsy, FUCK OFF AND DIE if you can't deal with the petty inconveniences of upgrading your only market to peddle your shitcoins on.

Please by all means take your asses over to mcxNOW, BTC-e or VirWox and see if you can get them to add your shitcoin of the day.

Lastly, The polls we put up are just to fuck with you morons, we will add or delist any coin we feel like without your input?

Why, you want to know why? because it's our fucking site that's why.

Have a nice day

If we needed your opinion bcx we'd have trolled you for it, 3/4 of ur post is irrelevent to the OP's topic. Its in cryptsy's best interest to listen to its customers.
Tranz
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1052

May the force bit with you.

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 03:13:39 AM

I think Cryptys made it perfectly clear, their business model is to have many many coins.  Perhaps the NASDAQ should remove all of the crap OTC stocks too. I am sure the OP has a great list of acceptable penny stocks..

Neither will happen because both bring in $ or BTC!

HBN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303749.0 hobonickels.info
Personal Donations: F1TranzWqFGZyFeTMu6iLbtTQgdXuJPsiL
Donations to the HBN Fund: EhbNfund4PrRFLHMxsnbGLhP25hizJGHEE or 1LVFtCX4a83dMLjd8S7imKKKC58QaG83kw
pr0d1gy

Activity: 658
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 03:55:01 AM

You can just disable the coins you do not wish to see or trade in your user settings. Problem solved.

Set Escrow
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
digitalindustry

Activity: 798

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2013, 04:27:08 AM

If we needed your opinion bcx we'd have trolled you for it, 3/4 of ur post is irrelevent to the OP's topic. Its in cryptsy's best interest to listen to its customers.

Actually, no it is not in the best interest of Cryptsy to listen to you idiots.

Let's use Realsolid and mcxNOW as an example, do any of you really think he gave a shit what anyone had to say?

The only criteria for any of you morons to want a coin to be delisted is simple, because you don't mine it.

Cryptsy should list any coin they can make a profit from or for competitive reasons.

Again, if you don't like Cryptsy or the way they do things go somewhere else.

It's that simple really.

~BCX~

Hey hey express man , don't get so worked up any front facing business will have , petty and demanding users, some of that is the " customer service" society that has been the norm , but some of it is just normal competitive business practices.

I more always assumed  that they Cryptsy team will fork the exchanges  upon economic environment lines .

I.e Cryptsy as the infrastructure it has as a pure " Crypto" exchange

Then

The new one which will be focused and exchange fiat.  Id expect this to be more limited in diversity and focused on operation. 

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
A L I E N
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 05:09:56 AM

I told vern long ago to continually upgrade hardware and customer service to keep up with the rapid growth of Cryptsy.  They have lagged severely in both departments and thus stunted growth that was otherwise on a strong trajectory.
ethought
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 06:44:48 AM

BTC Market:
- ANC
- CGB
- FRK
- LTC
- NVC
- PPC
- XPM

LTC Market:
- ARG
- CAP
- DGC
- GLD
- MEC
- SRC
- WDC

Your list is bizarre and somewhat self serving I think.

For a start to list WDC, MEC and DGC on the LTC market alone is just wrong in my opinion. Especially when you suggest ANC, FRK and CGB are listed on BTC market. Given that you are the CGB dev I find this highly biased.

ANC is a mess at the moment (current hashrate 26.9 MH/s) . I though Franko was long gone, no development, very low hashrate (currently 6.21 MH/s).

Whereas WDC has a strong hashrate (currently 1230 MH/s), Megacoin (currently 100 MH/s) and Digitalcoin (currently 100 MH/s).

Not that hashrate is everything but honestly why would you suggest listing ANC and FRK in BTC ahead of WDC, MEC and DGC?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: