Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:40:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Rogue Customer - " Scott Deleon "  (Read 3343 times)
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 08:25:25 AM

Not commenting on the whole privacy thing and 5 Dollar war here, because there's no winners in this really.

But the "Imma gonna call the FBI" thing really cracked me up. Yeah, that'll be REAL scary for someone in New Zealand. Kiwi, please install some webcams in your office so we can all watch when the FBI kicks in your doors in Two WeeksTM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 11:42:45 AM

Not commenting on the whole privacy thing and 5 Dollar war here, because there's no winners in this really.

But the "Imma gonna call the FBI" thing really cracked me up. Yeah, that'll be REAL scary for someone in New Zealand. Kiwi, please install some webcams in your office so we can all watch when the FBI kicks in your doors in Two WeeksTM

Thats what Kim Dotcom thought: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBK1kN_yvOc

I kinda doubt that's going to happen again, considering the raid was judged as illegal and the prime minister apologized profusedly.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2013, 06:30:29 PM

Another company crashed and burned due to one guy with bad PR skills.   Sad

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
JonHolmquist

Activity: 169
Merit: 101

Jon Holmquist

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2013, 06:40:42 PM

Another company crashed and burned due to one guy with bad PR skills.   Sad

I actually cancelled my service with them months ago due to their bad customer support.

It doesn't really matter who is *right*. What matters is treating all customers with respect whether they deserve it or not.

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2013, 05:49:34 AM

BUMP just to make sure everyone gets a chance to read this.
Grim Death

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 09:42:53 AM

Wow, I'll be honest if I was your customer I wouldn't be happy either. If I paid for a service and it only worked for me for half of the allotted time then I would be annoyed as well.

You have said a couple of times that you think it is reasonable to release your customers details with you as he has made false accusations, but I don't see where you are disputing anything that he has said? While I don't think you are a scammer I definitely think your customer service leaves a lot to be desired.
CryptoCoinShops

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

Online Crypto Shopping

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2013, 01:57:43 PM
Last edit: September 16, 2013, 03:35:11 PM by CryptoCoinShops

I thought I had better write in this thread just to make things clear about CryptoCoinshops stance on users posts within the website.

The comments under each website listing are left open for both users and site owners.

The purpose of the comments under each website is for the benefit of both users and site/shop owners and I feel it is very important to keep it that way, this gives users and site/shop owners decent feedback on the services they are either buying or offering.

Cryptocoinshops will not get involved with disputes between owners or users, however I feel that it is in both parties interest to settle disputes by way of emails or other means other than fighting it out with comments on the cryptocoinshops site.

I also feel that removing comments from the website is not the way to go unless they are proved to be malicious, from the user or website/shop owner.

Any racist or abusive comments towards users or website/shop owners will be removed.  

I do hope you can sort this out and hopefully move on.

redtwitz

Activity: 231

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 03:57:48 PM

I'm pretty sure everybody should understand that "instant setup" means "immediately after receiving the money". The IP issue is clearly your company's fault. Simply blacklisting a customer's IP for opening too many connections isn't good practice. So he's entitled to a refund for whatever portion of the month he couldn't access his VPS. Clearly, he hasn't handled this in the best possible way.

All that aside, this is not how you treat a customer (even a "rogue" one). If somebody defames your company, the only thing you should threaten with is taking it to court. Statements like

We informed the client of the fact that IF, he were to make false accusations we would disclose the case details for the public to review.

sound a lot like extortion. This is not what I'd expect from a professional service provider.

Whether what you did was legal or not (I know next to nothing about US laws), you certainly lost a few potential customers.
QuantumKiwi (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2013, 11:08:44 PM

I'm pretty sure everybody should understand that "instant setup" means "immediately after receiving the money". The IP issue is clearly your company's fault. Simply blacklisting a customer's IP for opening too many connections isn't good practice. So he's entitled to a refund for whatever portion of the month he couldn't access his VPS. Clearly, he hasn't handled this in the best possible way.

All that aside, this is not how you treat a customer (even a "rogue" one). If somebody defames your company, the only thing you should threaten with is taking it to court. Statements like

We informed the client of the fact that IF, he were to make false accusations we would disclose the case details for the public to review.

sound a lot like extortion. This is not what I'd expect from a professional service provider.

Whether what you did was legal or not (I know next to nothing about US laws), you certainly lost a few potential customers.

Greetings all, We have had both positive and negative feedback from this dispute. Thank you all for your input/opinions.

Just to be clear to everyone, WHY the clients connection was blocked.

It was not an issue on our side ( Our firewall is running correctly according to our engineers ) - The client had far too many connections to the server.

We have a firewall like all hosting providers. This firewall has a connection limit to stop attackers from taking down our cloud nodes.

The IP was blocked for 30 seconds due to a connection burst of 64 connections, which then hit 128 - The IP was then blocked for half an hour.

Further attempts ( hitting the connection limit again ) were made and so our firewall automatically blocked the IP for 12 hours.

This is our server security policy which has assisted in stopping many dDOS attacks ( including recent login form attacks ).

In the last week our sales have boosted - We have had no cancellations of services - Business is running as usual, if not better. Smiley

Legal & Privacy Note: Many other web hosting providers around the world submit dispute details regarding an accusation against their company public. WHT Forums is a prime example.

If you have any queries or issues related to our services as a client or member of the public - Feel free to contact us at anytime. - admin@quantumkiwi.com

Best Regards,
Quantum Kiwi

Starting your own website?
CLOUD Hosting from $4.95/0.05BTC!
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2013, 11:44:26 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2013, 12:20:06 AM by Vod

Greetings all, We have had both positive and negative feedback from this dispute. Thank you all for your input/opinions.

Nope - re-read it - they have been 100% negative against you and your lack of professionalism.

If there is even a single person that wants to support your company for releasing private deals - they haven't posted anything here...

In the last week our sales have boosted - We have had no cancellations of services - Business is running as usual, if not better. Smiley

It's less probable business has increased and more likely you are lying.  I suspect you will try and make this go away as fast as possible.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2013, 12:38:24 AM

Posted a comment here:

http://www.thebitcoinreview.com/site.php?site_id=949

It appears thebitcoinreview.com is hosted by these guys.  I guess we'll see if the owner of that site has morals, or see if he deletes my legitimate comment.

The owner of this hosting business does not care about privacy.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=292119.0

redtwitz

Activity: 231

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 01:41:13 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2013, 01:57:26 AM by redtwitz

Don't expect to feel the effects soon. I'll be switching hosting providers next month because of a stunt mine pulled a little over a year ago. My case isn't too different from this one.

They disabled my service because of an excessive amount of SMTP connections. The fact that I wasn't sending bulk emails but target of a brute-force attack obviously didn't cross the banning script's mind. What bothered me wasn't the clbuttic mistake of a banning script checking the wrong thing (incoming SMTP connections? really?) but the fact that my service was disabled without any notification whatsoever.

Instead of being mildly amused because all it takes to launch a successful DoS attack on my server is a computer that can connect to port 25 and 5 minutes of time, I was pissed because my web and email server was down for two days due to a script kiddie and an incompetent provider. Maybe not I'm-leaving-now-although-I-already-paid-for-the-next-15-month pissed, but definitely I'll-switch-providers-before-the-next-billing-cycle-begins pissed...
BitCoiner2012

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 01:54:30 AM

Well, this worked well.

BTC Long.
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2013, 12:25:33 PM

you have nothing but negative feedback from the bitcoin community as this thread clearly shows. Sure, you have a lot of happy customers, but advertising your services to a privacy concered community just to break the golden rule is beyond me.

I'd never use your service.

QuantumKiwi (OP)

Activity: 322

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2013, 09:45:38 PM

We have since had an increase of sales by 45%, which is huge Smiley Its only happened in the last few days.

It seems people don't care - We asked several clients who mentioned the case to us - They said they couldn't care less, if the client didn't get himself blocked this would not have happened.

Also, we offered him an account credit yet he called us a scam?

Favdesu - 2 Customers signed up specifically because we stuck up for ourselves, One said " Well if my IP gets blocked because i have too many connections i'll just give you a call rather than accusing you of being a scam eh? "

It seems this is just becoming a troll thread.

No further replies will be made to this thread as we see the case as resolved Smiley

Best Regards,
Quantum Kiwi

Starting your own website?
CLOUD Hosting from $4.95/0.05BTC!
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2013, 10:02:30 PM

We have since had an increase of sales by 45%, which is huge Smiley Its only happened in the last few days.

No further replies will be made to this thread as we see the case as resolved Smiley

Best Regards,
Quantum Kiwi

How is the case/thread resolved?  You've still splattered a customer's personal information on this thread - it is certainly not resolved.

45% increase in sales by stabbing a customer in the back?   Roll Eyes  You are obviously a liar.

Don't worry - I'll stick around to remind everyone what type of person you are.

peonminer

Activity: 798
Merit: 531

Crypto is King.

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 08:39:06 PM

I don't agree with how this was handled by the company. Smearing someone just because they shot the scammer accusation at your company is bogus. The kid was butt hurt. You could have defended yourself with a level of professionalisim; Instead, you chose the route of arrogant arse. Stop chopping the poor lad and get over the dispute. We get it. You're the strong arm. You win. This kid is still butt hurt. You would have been better off doing some research on his email (privately) to check for more instances. I've personally chewed out many more companies far greater than this kid. Just because he said 'FBI' doesn't give you a right to put him on such a rancid blast. It's pathetic that you would bring your company as a whole down this much over this silly instance of a problem. Your actions remind me of Butterfly Labs. If you want to know their reputation, just search the forums.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: