Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 12:11:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] R12: Black Arrow BF Bullet Run $123 = 39% cheaper than cex.io!  (Read 8788 times)
thomas_s

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 12:29:47 PM

32 shares are left in R12.

If we oversell, don't worry, we'll fit you into an R13, if necessary.  Grin
R13 will not start directly after R12 is over, there will be a small time period in between R12 closing and R13 opening.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dbasql

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

Ethics and Science need to shake hands

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 03:56:23 PM

two more for me to bring it up to 14 total.

https://blockchain.info/tx/e072ab276254f1ed86f7ef11774fc217bb44bb21d2df34e80f42b61ef274da2c

Same payout as the R9 and R10 in the spreadsheet.
DyslexicZombei (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 07:28:17 PM
Last edit: November 01, 2013, 09:10:32 PM by DyslexicZombei

two more for me to bring it up to 14 total.

https://blockchain.info/tx/e072ab276254f1ed86f7ef11774fc217bb44bb21d2df34e80f42b61ef274da2c

Same payout as the R9 and R10 in the spreadsheet.

Awesome! Welcome back!

I have an update: some good news, bad news.

Bad: He's still working out the chaining of the miners. This is important because he only has so many Pis. We're also seeing a little under performance as far as hashrate but kano is working on the cgminer chainminer integration so we should see improvements on that. Such is life on the bleeding edge of a bullet run.

Good: Since bobsag3 is basically Good Guy Bob he's going to make sure that to add a board to our 20 board stack to get our min. hashrate to 8.34GH/s as promised while software issues are worked on. He also managed to stack 6 boards, so far, even with the issues he's seeing.

Bobsag's busy as heck but I'll post some pics he shared with me as soon as I upload them to my cloud photos.

===

Also: 26 shares available.

There will be a pause before R13 so that we can let bobsag3 get caught up so that R9-12 are taken care of properly.
stex2009
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 07:35:48 PM

Can one pay with USD ?
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 08:38:30 PM
Last edit: November 01, 2013, 09:09:46 PM by DyslexicZombei

Can one pay with USD ?

Hi stex2009, please see post 2 of any of my Rounds for payment info. We offer a variety of options that a lot of GBCs don't offer.

We take USD but under certain conditions. A service we can recommend is www.cashintocoins, if you're in the US.

==

Latest pics:

Unboxing
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll87/SurfSkateKauai/c6c0691a-6c27-4ead-8647-2da4b9a91778.jpg
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll87/SurfSkateKauai/f41e6ac6-274e-42af-b4ca-e2fdcf56d3b6.jpg

chainminer screenshot, 96 chips: http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll87/SurfSkateKauai/96chips1.png

6 board stack, working: https://www.dropbox.com/s/r77umsa7eoo7x58/Photo%20Nov%2001%2C%202%2003%2000%20PM.jpg
chainminer screenshot from this stack (slight under performance which should be improved by native chainminer support): http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll87/SurfSkateKauai/ScreenShot2013-11-01at15835PM.png

I realized that I'm a little bummed that they're underperforming, but sometimes things don't always work out with initial implementations. But on the bright side this was guaranteed to be shipping by Nov. 1 and we're fortunate to have already received it! kano has been shipped a simultaneous shipment so he'll hopefully be able to tweak some improvements while he adds native BA support to chainminer.

Group Buyers are going to be compensated for any under performance of the 8.34 GH/s mark per share that was promised.
Hili

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 08:43:03 PM

Latest pics:

Very nice Smiley. How is the performance?

Edit: Never mind, just read the R11 thread.
high110

Activity: 728
Merit: 253

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 08:53:10 PM

So are these miners performing at 8 GHS and not 10 GHS? How will we be compensated?

███
             █████
            ███████
           █████████
          ███████████
         █████████████
        ███████ ███████
       ███████   ███████
      ███████     ███████
     ███████       ███████
    ███████         ███████
   ███████           ███████
  ███████             ███████
 █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
M!RACLE TELE
BRINGING MAGIC
TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
40% Biweekly Rewards
▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬
Traffic from €0.01 worldwide

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ██         ██     
        ▀▌     ▐▀       
       ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄      
     ▄█████████████     
   ▄█████████████████▄   
  ██████▄██████▄██████  
 ▐█████████████████████▌
  ██████▀███████▀██████ 
  █████   █████   █████  
  █████████████████████  
  █████████████████    
    ███████████████    
 ▀██▄ ████████████  ▄██▀
      ▀██▀   ▀██▀   
       ▄█       █▄
ANN
Lightpaper
Bounty
Facebook
Twitter
Telegram
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 09:14:04 PM
Last edit: November 01, 2013, 09:33:10 PM by DyslexicZombei

So are these miners performing at 8 GHS and not 10 GHS? How will we be compensated?

They promised 8.34 as  min.  So 5%  Rebate?  5% of 123 usd is about 6-7 usd.
or .03btc
 per share.   Of course a day or 2 of tweak and they may run at 8.5 to 9 or 10

Sorry if that wasn't clear in the good news/bad news update a few posts up. In my defense, I'm under heavy antibiotics and dealing w/ a sinus infection, so I might not be Englishing the best right now.

Since he's the official BA US Reseller, he has extra boards. For underperformance: he'll add a 21st board to the chain in order to get to that minimum 8.34 GH/s hashrate. He's not going to leave you out to dry. We're not you-know-who: those two companies which shouldn't be spoken of IMO.  Tongue

He was getting within 10% of the advertised rate with his latest update.

A good sized shipment of Pis are also due in today and is out for delivery.
thomas_s

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 11:24:58 PM

They promised 8.34 as  min.  So 5%  Rebate?  5% of 123 usd is about 6-7 usd.
or .03btc
 per share.   Of course a day or 2 of tweak and they may run at 8.5 to 9 or 10

Sorry if that wasn't clear in the good news/bad news update a few posts up. In my defense, I'm under heavy antibiotics and dealing w/ a sinus infection, so I might not be Englishing the best right now.

Since he's the official BA US Reseller, he has extra boards. For underperformance: he'll add a 21st board to the chain in order to get to that minimum 8.34 GH/s hashrate. He's not going to leave you out to dry. We're not you-know-who: those two companies which shouldn't be spoken of IMO.  Tongue

He was getting within 10% of the advertised rate with his latest update.

A good sized shipment of Pis are also due in today and is out for delivery.
Within 10% out of box w/out any software tweaks.
Mapuo

Activity: 910
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 11:27:03 PM

PM sent to thomas_s
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 12:21:00 AM

Correction: 29 shares are available at the moment.
high110

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 01:45:29 PM

Thanks for the response...much appreciated.  I'm pretty new to buying GHS - anyway we can see how the miners are hashing, like online? How frequently are the payments made?  I'm pretty noob..if all of this is in a FAQ somewhere...can someone just point me in the right direction? 

███
             █████
            ███████
           █████████
          ███████████
         █████████████
        ███████ ███████
       ███████   ███████
      ███████     ███████
     ███████       ███████
    ███████         ███████
M!RACLE TELE
BRINGING MAGIC
TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
40% Biweekly Rewards

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ██         ██     
        ▀▌     ▐▀       
       ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄      
     ▄█████████████     
   ▄█████████████████▄   
  ██████▄██████▄██████  
 ▐█████████████████████▌
  ██████▀███████▀██████ 
  █████   █████   █████  
  █████████████████████  
  █████████████████    
    ███████████████    
 ▀██▄ ████████████  ▄██▀
      ▀██▀   ▀██▀   
       ▄█       █▄
ANN
Lightpaper
Bounty
Facebook
Twitter
Telegram
Vagnavs
Legendary

Activity: 1121
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 05:01:20 PM

yes, I bought 10 shares as a trial run. Smiley
I'm assuming we can see the machines hash once they're up and running? You may have covered this before, there's just a few threads.
Regards,
Brian

a.k.a. Magiklair on DZ miners coop.

Avalanche is a must own
stex2009
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 06:04:55 PM

So how are these performing currently for older group buys? U guys getting at least 8 ghs for each share?
high110

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 07:31:20 PM

Ive bought 2, but if someone can provide some feed back, I might buy more if it's good =)

███
             █████
            ███████
           █████████
          ███████████
         █████████████
        ███████ ███████
       ███████   ███████
      ███████     ███████
     ███████       ███████
    ███████         ███████
M!RACLE TELE
BRINGING MAGIC
TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
40% Biweekly Rewards

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ██         ██     
        ▀▌     ▐▀       
       ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄      
     ▄█████████████     
   ▄█████████████████▄   
  ██████▄██████▄██████  
 ▐█████████████████████▌
  ██████▀███████▀██████ 
  █████   █████   █████  
  █████████████████████  
  █████████████████    
    ███████████████    
 ▀██▄ ████████████  ▄██▀
      ▀██▀   ▀██▀   
       ▄█       █▄
ANN
Lightpaper
Bounty
Facebook
Twitter
Telegram
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 08:05:47 PM

Gents and ladies, a Saturday, 11/2 update:

- Bob's been having problems chaining the miners beyond a certain point which has limited his ability to stack miners as he only has so many Pis to go around. He seems to have gotten past much of the earlier issues but can't stack more than 6 at the moment (the goal was 10 boards per Pi)
- He's blown a few Pis and a couple of PSUs during his testing.
- He's currently up to almost 1 TH (our target is 3.2 - 4 TH, combined from all 4 Rounds
- He's currently short Pis due to them failing,and his overnight shipment of a bunch of extras from Amazon is stuck at UPS till Monday
- We've learned a lot too: Bullet Runs can be messy, best to have waaay more supplies than you think you needed

- Because I promised optimistically that the boards would be running by now, we're going to make up the hashrate difference based on the following schedule:

Rounds 9/10 should be up to 1TH today, the target is 1.68 - 2TH/s: This pool has just started mining, but there's no dashboards set up yet. When mining deposits appear they're heading to this Black Arrow Bullet Run wallet address: https://blockchain.info/address/1JazVMG7E47ceaTnwbGzeGsrAQeURniwZV

For calculation purposes - Since yesterday, Nov.1, for daily coins expected to be mined I'll be using www.bitcoinx.com as a calculator for lost hashrate compensation calculations unless someone else has a better suggestion.

Rounds 11/12 should be running by the end of the day in Missouri by Monday evening: If hashrate is less than the promised 1.68 TH/s for R11/12 by Tuesday morning, then the same calculations listed above for lost hashrate calculations still apply.

===============================================================================================================

We'd rather take a small hit and keep our co-op members happy, then to have upset co-op members due to the delays. With this in mind, Bobsag3 is adding 3 extra boards per GB (instead of 1 extra) in order to improve hashrate and make up for lost mining power for each Group Buy Round.

If this extra hashrate still doesn't compensate for lost time/hashrate at the end of the mining period, then bobsag3 and the DZ MC will be compensating you directly.
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 08:19:03 PM

yes, I bought 10 shares as a trial run. Smiley
I'm assuming we can see the machines hash once they're up and running? You may have covered this before, there's just a few threads.
Regards,
Brian

a.k.a. Magiklair on DZ miners coop.

Thanks for putting a forum name to the order! Thank you and welcome aboard!

We'll def. have dashboards running, but please give us some time. Our priority is getting everything hashing first as quickly as possible before we do all the fun, extra stuff.

==

I need Thomas to confirm numbers but I believe we're down to 15 shares available.
Hili

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 08:25:58 PM

I'm seeing some very good 'customer service' and behind-the-scenes work going on according to DZ's updates. I'd like to give the team compliments for being so quick to dedicate extra boards, hard working and communicative about what's going on. GJ.

Also, in case you are stressing out, don't :p.
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 08:28:27 PM
Last edit: November 02, 2013, 09:58:47 PM by DyslexicZombei

I just checked PMs. R12 is definitely SOLD OUT.

If R12 is oversold, bobsag3 will be running it in an unofficial R13 that is not for sale (meant only for oversales). R13 will only come online once R9-12 are fully up to speed. He needs the pause to get R9-12 up to speed and to catch his breath.

Thank you everyone for making the Black Arrow Fundraising for Rounds 9-12 a huge success!
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 08:30:42 PM

I'm seeing some very good 'customer service' and behind-the-scenes work going on according to DZ's updates. I'd like to give the team compliments for being so quick to dedicate extra boards, hard working and communicative about what's going on. GJ.

Also, in case you are stressing out, don't :p.

Thanks! We're really trying our best for everyone in the co-op. We're different in that we attempt to be as open, honest, and transparent as possible with the co-op's issues and updates (That and we highly encourage direct representative democracy and voting on major issues in this co-op).

I def. know what it feels like to be an ASIC pre-order customer being kept in the dark like a mushroom being fed BS. At least, this way, we're all getting to see how rough a Bullet Run launch can be with the best of intentions; we're essentially all getting to see how "sausage" gets made. I should have some more pics shortly, but I'm taking a little break before posting them.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: