Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 09:01:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: The new Bitcoin ATM wants a palm print in order for a user to witdraw/convert BTC...
Thats fine ! im fine with that ok OK ! {twitch}
Its a reasonable request after all BTC has been associated with illegal activity. ...
Palm scan malm scan ! pffft wait until you see the automated semen specimen variant !
....from my cold dead palms.
Live free or die.
This is bullish because if people will palm scan it shows they really LIKE Bitcoin !

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Asking to Record your palm print to withdraw Bitcoin - Vote  (Read 4852 times)
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2013, 03:41:42 AM

While I do feel that its somewhat odd, at the same time, its not like they are collecting your palm scan and storing it on a federal database, and even if they did, you are paying with cash, how would they know who's palm it is? I'd imagine all it does is stores the palm print, and doesn't allow the same to use the ATM until they are allowed to do so again.

Now if you have to enter your name, and other personal information, as well as your palm print, thats an issue, but unless you have been finger/palm printed before, how would they know who you are?

That being said, its still a pretty stupid system, I'd just pay passing kids $5 to touch the machine for me. What prevents someone from getting a group of people (family or friends) and having them all touch it one after the other, to get their $3k limit with 20 different people. Those that want to launder are going to do so, and the current system wont stop anyone but the people who are unknowingly laundering.

Great point.  The bad guys always find a way around the system while it is we the people that end up losing more and more of our rights.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
digitalindustry (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2013, 04:22:39 AM

Well Salty it does ask for an "account" so I guess its all up to what it asks for in that process , but agreed.

Also , what oleole said.

Indeed , every bank has software " triggers" , even on applications,  that is to say on thier own employees as well.

Anything can be circumvented,  but id hope personally if funds are being used nefariously , we could all play a part to stop these things, awkward situations occur of course , where our governments are supporting known terrorists against democratically elected governments. Or for that matter any sovereign system.

But perhaps if we calmly appeal to the common senses of our leaders, these situation may become less frequent.  

Im sure somewhere someone thinks they are doing the right thing.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 04:32:23 AM
Last edit: November 04, 2013, 03:28:29 PM by cryptoanarchist

When will people stop being such scared bitches when it comes to the government?  Huh

I don't make it a secret who I am or what I do, and yet I walk free. If everyone just ignored government, we wouldn't have one.

I guess if people are willing to scan their palm to buy bitcoin, then whatever, but its that kind of stupidity that causes oppressive government.

I'm grumpy!!
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2013, 06:20:46 AM

When will people stop being such scared bitches when it comes to the government?  Huh

I don't make it a secret who I am or what I do, and yet I walk free. If everyone just ignored government, we wouldn't have one.

I guess if people are willing to scan their palm to buy bitcoin, then whatever, but its that kind of stupidity that leads causes oppressive government.

If everybody ignored government we wouldn't have one?

Hahaahhahaa.

That's like saying:  if everyone ignored gangsters and crime it would just all to away.

Take a look at history, government never to away, they just get bigger and bigger and more corrupt until they destroy themselves and their entire society which put them in power.

And that's not scared bitches of the government, it's called historic reality and those who choose to ignore it will relive the same nightmare over and over again.

I hope to be living in Argentina or something when the shit hits the fan here and I'm sure you can ignore the FEMA camps they have planned for you and your old parents and they'll just all go away. 

Good luck!

shields

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 10:39:35 AM

While I do feel that its somewhat odd, at the same time, its not like they are collecting your palm scan and storing it on a federal database, and even if they did, you are paying with cash, how would they know who's palm it is? I'd imagine all it does is stores the palm print, and doesn't allow the same to use the ATM until they are allowed to do so again.

This is exactly what my understanding of it was, and I have no problem with it if that's all it does with the scan.

OleOle, my only point about passports was that biometric readings at airports link you to your passport and whatever information is linked to that, which indeed could many things. My understanding of the biometric reading of the ATM is that it is anonymous, and would have no need to be stored centrally etc.

They said they needed a way (to comply with the AML law) to prevent anyone transacting more than 3k and to me this seems like a pragmatic solution - I was asking if anyone has a better one? As if not the only options were to do the scan, not do the scan and break the law, or not deploy the ATM at all.

Obviously in a place like AUS if there is no daily limit there would be no need for the scan.

You seem very riled up with me for some reason, not sure what I said to offend you so much.

If you liked this post -> 1KRYhandiYsjecZw7mtdLnoeuKUYoGRkH4
digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2013, 10:54:16 AM

Obviously in a place like AUS if there is no daily limit there would be no need for the scan.

You seem very riled up with me for some reason, not sure what I said to offend you so much.

I can't speak for him , ( I'm sure he can ) but i can say Aus systems have daily limits - just not biometrics to secure them.

I think he was annoyed becasue you seemed to imply that say a department that many see as "semi-governmental" or "Extra-Governmental" like the "Department of Homeland security" these Fascist sounding STASI,  like "departments" , you seemed to imply that they do not use all the biometric and other information they get - when the many laws that were written for them like the "Patriot Act" etc , in fact require they do just that , and afford very little rights to the individual .

Not that i have a problem with any of that myself per say - I just think they will shoot themselves in the foot eventually , that 's fine , i think he was annoyed you seemed to be trying to "Polish the DHS Turd" as far as its encroachments on individual privacy.

that's all. 

if I've got it wrong - anyone chime in please.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
shields

Activity: 164

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 11:15:12 AM

I can't speak for him , ( I'm sure he can ) but i can say Aus systems have daily limits - just not biometrics to secure them.

I think he was annoyed becasue you seemed to imply that say a department that many see as "semi-governmental" or "Extra-Governmental" like the "Department of Homeland security" these Fascist sounding STASI,  like "departments" , you seemed to imply that they do not use all the biometric and other information they get - when the many laws that were written for them like the "Patriot Act" etc , in fact require they do just that , and afford very little rights to the individual .

Not that i have a problem with any of that myself per say - I just think they will shoot themselves in the foot eventually , that 's fine , i think he was annoyed you seemed to be trying to "Polish the DHS Turd" as far as its encroachments on individual privacy.

that's all. 

if I've got it wrong - anyone chime in please.

OK i don't remember talking about much of that stuff. My general comment on US policy was "The amount of info the US requires for entry is excessive and one reason I'm not in a hurry to go back."

If you liked this post -> 1KRYhandiYsjecZw7mtdLnoeuKUYoGRkH4
digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2013, 01:15:41 PM

OK then i'm confused -

disregard

Palms scan is bad mmmmmmmmk

or hey! maybe its not ? maybe its all on the up an up and yeah they were just complying with the  regulation and thought that a palm scan would be very "2013" - after all i mean the human space program kind of fizzled and what ever happened to flying cars ? - all the cars still use rubber tires, and they just wear , and is it just me or do shoes now only last about 1 or 2 months ?  

anyhow...

I went into a public toilet recently and it was fully automated and talked to me , i thought it was very 2013 ! if at that moment it had of ask for a palm scan , hey sure in the heat of the moment ! maybe it would have won me over ? {it had a kind voice}

as unhygienic and that possibly could end up being ?

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 03:30:25 PM

When will people stop being such scared bitches when it comes to the government?  Huh

I guess if people are willing to scan their palm to buy bitcoin, then whatever, but its that kind of stupidity that leads causes oppressive government.

Hahaahhahaa.

That's like saying:  if everyone ignored gangsters and crime it would just all to away.

Take a look at history, government never to away, they just get bigger and bigger and more corrupt until they destroy themselves and their entire society which put them in power.

And that's not scared bitches of the government, it's called historic reality and those who choose to ignore it will relive the same nightmare over and over again.

Like I said, you're scared of the USA. Stop giving them your money.

I'm grumpy!!
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2013, 03:51:43 PM

When will people stop being such scared bitches when it comes to the government?  Huh

Hahaahhahaa.

That's like saying:  if everyone ignored gangsters and crime it would just all to away.

Like I said, you're scared of the USA. Stop giving them your money.

I don't donate my money to governments, they take it away.  Not much choice there.

And I'm scared of any government that has gotten too big for its purpose and now passes law after law taking away more and more of my rights everyday.

They have laws now saying the military can take you in with no rights for any amount of time and drones can now fly over civilian air space.  Now palm readers at ATM's and digital money which will track every move you make?

If that kind of bullshit doesn't scare you then maybe you don't really see what's happening.

cryptasm
Legendary

Activity: 997
Merit: 1002

Gamdom.com

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2013, 04:08:26 PM

lol fuck that shit, just pay homeless people to scan their hands for you.
TheEmperor

Activity: 140

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 07:36:31 PM

Least you have the option to scan your palm:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24803378

1. Buy a sword.
2. Name it Kindness.
3. Kill people with Kindness.
digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2013, 08:54:06 PM

Least you have the option to scan your palm:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24803378

And like, who do you even complain to if you are say , young and keep getting seniors adverts  ?

Crazy indeed , genuinely feel that someone thinks this gives "competitive edge"

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
bumpk1nK

Activity: 265
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 09:00:04 PM

This.

Who in their mind would give his palm scan to a stranger. Is it ever legal ?

dc98wdHhcjkwleHUnBce8gd87teibN9ys38y3uTgsHG02e9-ok my keyboard works!
Insurance is a ripoff.
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 02:57:52 PM

This.

This is what people will try to do, Problem is, That the camera's are going to see your face, and who's hand grabbed the money will be scanned and seen.
If the logged face doesnt match up with the logged plam print scan, It'll reject you

Gonna pay the same homeless guy? You mayaswell not use the ATM due to the high cost of hobo fee's

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 03:10:25 PM

Please Mr. bankster I'd like to open a Bitcoin savings account...

OK great! We just need your Name, Age, DoB, PoB, Mother's Maiden Name, Passwords, Passport, Driving License, Birth Certificate, Medical Records, Retina Scan, Palm Scan, Hair Sample, DNA Sample, Mug Shot and then you just need to sign and date this 100 page document...

It's all safe and secure, we just want to protect the good average citizens against the criminals and terrorists. Honest.

http://flashforward.wikia.com/wiki/Blue_Hand

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
fendlestick

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 03:15:35 PM

Its the same crap all over, NSA, GCHQ or whatever your local spy agency is called, you know that once you start handing over your bio metrics it will end up with the government and they have shown they simply can't be trusted.

Taking my picture or whatever is common and cant generally avoided but giving away your bio-metrics, which uniquely identifies you as you is something to be avoided.

20% OFF All Bondage - www.cryptosextoys.com
Affiliates Get 10% - Join
digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 03:24:28 PM

This.

This is what people will try to do, Problem is, That the camera's are going to see your face, and who's hand grabbed the money will be scanned and seen.
If the logged face doesnt match up with the logged plam print scan, It'll reject you

Gonna pay the same homeless guy? You mayaswell not use the ATM due to the high cost of hobo fee's

DAM ! the reason HoboNickels are on the rise !

see..

First you get the HoboNickels

then you get the Hobo hand

then you get the Bitcoin

then you get the power

then you get the woman !

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 03:33:28 PM

The bottom line is that the Canadian government requires that the seller knows the identity of those doing the currency exchange. Remember this machine not only uses bitcoin, but Canadian fiat.  Fiat currency is not owned by you, rather you are granted the right to use it within whatever laws the issuing authority feel like making. This is robocoin's idea to address those laws. A bitcoin ATM that anonymously dispenses BTC is not going to happen in most (any?) country.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 03:36:14 PM

A bitcoin ATM that anonymously dispenses BTC is not going to happen in most (any?) country.

that's a huge call.

I'd bet against that .

i'd bet a Hobo's hand. (well just the lend of it... ) (what you do with it is up to you of course.)

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: