Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:12:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Suggestion: Raise merit requirements at the lower and highest ranks (@theymos)  (Read 1335 times)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 10262

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:55:45 AM

theymos is a genius. He covertly created the most precious forum currency ever. I wonder how much time it would take for merit to get pegged to the Bitcoin value. Inb4 we get a thriving merit market Grin Wooooohooooo guys remember I said it first  Grin

QFT(lack thereof)

I will try to remember that you are coming off as a deceptive exaggeration of an idiot who wants to proclaim doom and gloom while hoping to be correction and failing to recognize value.

Nice Pajeet's level of grammar skills dude  Grin Suits you very well!  Wink

Before I typed my above response to your nonsensical earlier post, I quickly glanced at your post history, and I kind of anticipated that you would have the capabilities of a reptile in your non-sequitur...

Oh gosh, my prediction skills are getting better and better.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Silent26

Activity: 602
Merit: 326

Politeness: 1227: - 0 / +1

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 02:54:39 AM

I didn't read the entire content of the thread since I understand you main intention. You want to raised the required merits of Hero to Legendary members and even Jr. Members and Members rank. I understand what goal you are willing to achieve but it will not be that easy. I fully disagree to this one. I think you can just say such things because you are extraordinary, unlike other members  you can get merits per day and as a result, your merits describes that you deserved to be a Hero member now. Gaining merits are very difficult for other members (like me) , we need to give our full effort to conduct research about our desired Topic before we make topics/threads, and that is very difficult for non-crypto-professionals like us, Unlike you with a crypto professionalism.

All I'm trying to say is, It is unfair for lower members and also for Sr. Members and Hero to implement this proposal/idea of yours. We all know that gaining merits is not as easy as gaining likes from facebook and twitter. This is somehow making hard to harder. You are lucky that you are now famous here because of your big contributions to this forum and it is easy for you to get merits. You are already making good suggestions and proposals for the improvement of the forum and seems like looking now for power but sometimes, not being content can lead to bad/negative result.  Please don't make it harder for other members to rank if they really deserve it. Please learn to satisfied to Mr. Theymos's rules about Merits . I know there are still some issues in the forum which we need to improve but. I highly doubt that this one is not included.

404 Not Found
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1215

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 04:04:17 AM

A little deviation since Theymos can easily be reached here. Please don't see it as a complete off track.

I think there should be a deviced way the sMerit can be reversed (undone) if given in error. Let's say double clicked or sent twice without realizing it actually went through the first time or when refreshing/reloading one's browser after sending the merit - doing this tends to send our more merit even without the benefactor's knowledge. Can Theymos please fix this?

I am not sure anyone has brought this issue up but I don't want to pile up on the Merit system this and that by starting a thread on this.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 04:30:11 AM

when refreshing/reloading one's browser after sending the merit - doing this tends to send our more merit even without the benefactor's knowledge.
src: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3124852.msg32316923#msg32316923

"One way you can prevent this problem is by limiting "merit send" requests for a given post to 1 per 5 minutes (or some arbitrary time). That would prevent most of the problems, kind of similar to the anti-spam posting/PM/report/feedback restrictions." - actmyname

dmonrey002

Activity: 84
Merit: 16

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 06:39:57 AM

Some user agree with the OP and some are not. but i notice that some user here agreed that create a level above legendary.  But what about make the higher rank like HERO and Legendary like this.  add another system to that specific rank  like adding  a "Premium merit" that only the mods and theymos can give them. because being a hero and legendary is a proof that your performance is beyond to other user's and your experience is well enough to say that your position is suit to you.  I think the OP wants to say that show and prove the other user that  your worthy enough to that position..

But i think its not necessary and i do believe the main reason of this merit is to reduce spammer,alt accounts or to slow them down. to become more informative forum and to grow more in the future do you imagine when you browse this forum  and you want know something about bitcoin or search for specific topic. make some clicks then you got it. so easy to get info, so many recommendations you dont need to ask for it, to become like GOOGLE or YAHOO but for bitcoin and altcoins only. if that happen i think no spam and no alt accounts.  even your a junior member and you join a campaign the rate is fairly enough or much higher than today. because any or what kind of rank you have it doesn't matter as long as you contribute a quality informative post. unlike today even your a member rank in a campaign its not enough because even some high rank is spammers and have  alt accounts.
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 07:43:49 AM

So.. why not add a rank or two?  Seriously, who does it hurt?

Nullius is really unique member by the speed of Merit making, but I doubt the forum is going to be changed just for him  Cheesy
But the point about new rank is still open. The only change that we really need is "Banned" rank or some mark in profiles of those users who have temporary or permanent ban. This topic was discussed for several times already and I think this change would improve work of the forum indeed.
Bolt Brownie

Activity: 700
Merit: 350

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:54:22 PM

@nullius

I would like to start by saying that maybe you should read (this thread), where I expressed my thoughts about the new merit system. This way you should have a clear view on what I think about the system.

As for your suggestion, I don't really have anything against it, because as you will understand after reading the above mentioned thread, I'm not concerned about my rank anymore, and I think this system is a good thing. The only thing I don't agree after reading your post, is when you say that getting merit is easy, and for that reason the merit requirements should increase.

I don't have access to statistics, but if from all hero members when this system started, 50% or more already got the requirements to get to Legendary, then I would agree with you, but if the % is bellow 10% or 5%, then I would say that the requirements are fine. If you don't have access to that information, then maybe you can't say it's easy to rank.

This is me speculating now, but I do believe that if there were any statistics showing the % of users that were able to cross from hero to legendary, they would be quite low. This probably means that you are the exception to this system and not the rule, so the requirements are probably fine.
alex6464

Activity: 179
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 07:32:25 PM

The majority of people here use this forum to gain knowledge about the crypto world and make money from either trading or mining or why not, both. Once you get to Full Member or Sr. Member status and you can use all the features of this forum like adding an avatar, linking the signature etc. you should be all set and you shouldn't care about gaining merit or activity anymore.
steve_rogers

Activity: 280
Merit: 62

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 12:42:11 AM
Last edit: March 30, 2018, 01:09:56 AM by steve_rogers

I do think that the merit requirements for ranks through Member through Sr. Member are currently optimal.  To rise in rank at the level permitted by activity currently requires earning merit at an average rate of just over +1/day.  I think that’s a reasonable expectation for an ordinary intelligent person who spends a moderate amount of time engaging in generally pleasant forum discussions.

But “Hero” and “Legendary” are such strong words; and the substance of successful ranking systems always holds the highest ranks to standards which not only increase, but accelerate.

Proud, unapologetic elitist though I am, I do not for one moment imagine that I be a superman.  If I can merit zero to Hero in four weeks, then surely any person who wishes to bear a rank and title of honour should be able to earn much more than a measly one merit per day.

Don’t simply be proud of these titles:  Make them signify an achievement to be proud of!

Ohhhh man, by reading the OP and the first pages of the thread I've understood that you have a kind perfectionism. But I want to tell you - you can already be proud of yourself and your merit amount! Because merit in my native language is also translated as honored. You are the only who is able to achieve this enormous amount of merits in a short time. By the 2019 you will get more than 5k merits, but you still won't be satisfied, I'm almost sure. Just enjoy that every top ranked member knows you by nickname, so you are already honored member of this forum.
As for me guys with merits are more honored than guys that were just registered couple years ago without earning any merit, so if your purpose is not earning money with your rank, just dont mind about it, and enjoy the forum atmosphere.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: