Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:18:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I shut it down tonight boys.  (Read 5066 times)
xleejohnx

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 05:06:00 PM

When it comes to mining don’t just mine one coin..

Also if you want to make a little more trade cryptocurrencies
Use bollingbands buy at the bottom sell in the middle make that one or two percent
Medved is a trading platform that can connect to gdax(coinbase) and Binance if I remember correctly

As I see a super coin as the super highway and alt coins as taxis and trucks needed to move transactions. ~philipma1957

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LSteve

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 05:35:09 PM

The point is to make a BAG of coins when the price is LOW. Only dumb are crying about how not profitable mining is.. I am willing to pay for peoples electricity if they put my wallet in their bat file Smiley

You’re mining and speculating, so you can make the argument that your post doesn’t even belong on this thread. Even though it is a form of speculating but to a lesser degree, some people mined to have a passive income not as an investment to hold. I never got into crypto for passive income but I’m sure plenty of people did, you’re probably one of those anarchist hodlers ain’t you?

LSteve

Activity: 25

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 05:41:06 PM

Well I pay US$0.22Kwh So at this prices I just mine to pay for electric which I’m subsidizing with equity. So yeah tell me how can I be profitable.

Also so, some people are saying here not to mine the top coins and being kinda harsh about it, like the found the Lambo fountain. There’s a thing called “risk tolerance”; some people will mine those bottom coins and then exchanging them into more stable coins (in which there’s an increased risk of a downturn) whereas there are some that don’t  feel comfortable or just don’t have the time and prefer to mine stable coins and don’t run those additional steps and/or don’t go into that more aggressive game of speculation.

I'm at .20kwh and I am still making profits on all of my racks. No where near what I was making 7-8 months back but most of my rigs have since been paid off. I believe Ethereum and Bitcoin prices will bounce back resulting in all alt coins to pop as well.

You can't make money everyday just like the stock market but if you make more than you spend on average then you are winning!

Personally I am looking at accumulating for the payout in the next 3 years.

Mine on!

Likewise that’s why I don’t pay electric with crypto but with Job money. I’m at an accumulated 22% operating profit at the moment so in terms of ROI, it just pushes very far on the horizon it’s not even a consideration under current market prices.
dimpsk

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 06:16:25 PM

The point is to make a BAG of coins when the price is LOW. Only dumb are crying about how not profitable mining is.. I am willing to pay for peoples electricity if they put my wallet in their bat file Smiley

Not exactly. Prices are low but difficulty is not. It is not the time for mining. Actually mining - is a money wasting now. It is time for buing  for fiat.May be
dimpsk

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 06:19:09 PM

Well I pay US$0.22Kwh So at this prices I just mine to pay for electric which I’m subsidizing with equity. So yeah tell me how can I be profitable.

Also so, some people are saying here not to mine the top coins and being kinda harsh about it, like the found the Lambo fountain. There’s a thing called “risk tolerance”; some people will mine those bottom coins and then exchanging them into more stable coins (in which there’s an increased risk of a downturn) whereas there are some that don’t  feel comfortable or just don’t have the time and prefer to mine stable coins and don’t run those additional steps and/or don’t go into that more aggressive game of speculation.

I'm at .20kwh and I am still making profits on all of my racks. No where near what I was making 7-8 months back but most of my rigs have since been paid off. I believe Ethereum and Bitcoin prices will bounce back resulting in all alt coins to pop as well.

You can't make money everyday just like the stock market but if you make more than you spend on average then you are winning!

Mine on!

Ya kidding me.  Stop it right now and take some  calculator in your hands.  It's not possible to mine  paying $0,2 per kwh. It's crazy man.
mayers8851

Activity: 45

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 06:37:19 PM

I still mine Eth and finally I see some drop in difficulty:
https://etherscan.io/chart/difficulty
Miners turn off their rigs or move to other coins.
Pennywis3

Activity: 327
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 06:42:39 PM

Hmm, can't see the drop  Grin
dimpsk

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 07:02:50 PM

Me too Smiley All speak about big profits here. Only one or two said  they stopped rigs
cryptovigi

Activity: 714
Merit: 611

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 09:48:16 PM

Me too Smiley All speak about big profits here. Only one or two said  they stopped rigs

other words the muds are good, majority and is waiting for new highs.... buying time (cheap coins and cheap GPUs) has come ;-)

but what about ethash coins forks preventing them from ASiCS (XMR and some other cryptonights already announced it) can GPUs miner count on it???
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 09:53:27 PM

My little hobby rig cannot find a coin to mine thats profitable. Even with $0.06kWh electricity Im losing money from this point on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSUIQgEVDM4

Trying to figure out which ancient GPUs you must be mining with not to make a profit with 0.06 kWh power.

Are you using the old Radeon 6990 to mine?

Hah you're pretty close. I have zero initial investment because precisely that fact, its made with my old gaming cards. HD 6950 1GB and R9 270X 2GB. The R9 270X alone is also not profitable.

I can picture that, the rig I just re-assembled with a mix of HD 7750 and R9 280x and a single 7850 is profitable but not by a lot - even at MY low electric rate.
I suspect it's going to switch over to Dnet RC5-72 work fairly soon if coin prices keep sliding.

Up side - the 7750 and 7850 cards were paid for via Litecoin mining YEARS ago, while the R9 280x were paid for sometime last year early on.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Sledge0001

Activity: 581
Merit: 149

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2018, 12:47:57 AM

Mine on!

Ya kidding me.  Stop it right now and take some  calculator in your hands.  It's not possible to mine  paying $0,2 per kwh. It's crazy man.

I have run the numbers over and over again...

I mine mostly ETH & just today trying RVN with my 1060's... Equihash only with my 1080's....
So.... no matter what type of calculator you are using I am still making $!

gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 01:29:38 AM

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

You small time boys better take a step back.  Time to shut down the rigs.  Sell me your gpu's at bottom dollar.  Cash out your crypto.  Cut your loses.  WA-WA-WA-WA-WA ... LOL!!!  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

OR ....

Stop crying like a little fucking baby and understand that this isn't or ever was a get rich quick scheme.  Don't learn to know, but know to learn, my friend ...  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
gotminer

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 01:34:43 AM

i feel sorry man, but that the way it is
I hope you have real job in order to compensate the loss of profits from mining.
cause  know some people who decided they do not need job, and start to do the mining thing only, now they feel sorry about their decisions .

I think if he undervolt and underclock, it might be more profitable. But it might not worth the effort.

Now the electric consumption of mining is very high.The mining transaction fee also reduced,So we will get less amount of coins.Now Mining is not more profitable one.Instead you can do bitcoin trading to get more profit.

Consumption of electricity doesn't change unless YOU change it ... LOL ... What the fuck are you talking about?  Maybe his rate changed and caused him to pay more, but how the fuck would the consumption of a rig change unless you YOU changed it?

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
remauto1187ma

Activity: 234
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 01:57:02 AM

And the flood of used GPU's is here.  Ill wait awhile...I could use some $100 RX 580s and some 1080s for $200.  Its coming.  Im mining coins now and I got off NiceCrash and they can shove it.  Mining in pools proves alone that NiceCrash was reporting slower output than my rigs were actually making.   NiceCrash showed my blower 1080 producing 370sol/s but EWBF showed 450 consistently.  Ill be in the pools from here on out getting the coins. If I want to give my money away ill give it to someone I like and I dont Like NiceCrash.
gawer33

Activity: 309
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 02:00:20 AM

are you overvolting or power above 100%? Grin with that wattage price you can make cloud mining services, I'm with $0.20 per kWh and still getting a minimal amount of profits but I turned it off to preserve the shelf life of my GPU's. In anyways it's much better to buy coins than to mine for today's everyday profits.  correct me if I was wrong we are mining because it's the safest investment in crypto, but for today's price and difficulty, we are actually doing worse than trading. we are hoping that the "price will increase" especially for an electric bill like mine. it's more like gambling than investing.

STOP eating Oreo save the orangutans
https://www.orangutan.org.au/about-orangutans/orangutan-threats/
gotminer

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 02:42:23 AM

All you noobs think about is daily profits ... HEHEHEHE.   Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

chrusso

Activity: 134
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 02:49:58 AM

i dont know what you guys are doing...im mining at 0,21ct(€) /kwh and earning still around 60-70% more than i pay...

one free advice the coins on whattomine are not profitable ..

I would like to take your advice, but you are you are actually advising against whattomine, but not advising to use anything in particular.

Long story short: where do I find profitable coins to mine?

Kind regards;
Chris
gotminer

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 02:51:33 AM

i dont know what you guys are doing...im mining at 0,21ct(€) /kwh and earning still around 60-70% more than i pay...

one free advice the coins on whattomine are not profitable ..

I would like to take your advice, but you are you are actually advising against whattomine, but not advising to use anything in particular.

Long story short: where do I find profitable coins to mine?

Kind regards;
Chris

LOL ...  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

stiucsib86

Activity: 91

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 02:58:58 AM

Sigh, it doesn't help when ethereum devs adding timebomb difficulty to make life harder.
gotminer

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 03:18:28 AM

Sigh, it doesn't help when ethereum devs adding timebomb difficulty to make life harder.

Yeah, you should get out now.  Get out while you still can.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: