Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 08:29:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I shut it down tonight boys.  (Read 5066 times)
dimpsk

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 05:03:39 AM

are you overvolting or power above 100%? Grin with that wattage price you can make cloud mining services, I'm with $0.20 per kWh and still getting a minimal amount of profits but I turned it off to preserve the shelf life of my GPU's. In anyways it's much better to buy coins than to mine for today's everyday profits.  correct me if I was wrong we are mining because it's the safest investment in crypto, but for today's price and difficulty, we are actually doing worse than trading. we are hoping that the "price will increase" especially for an electric bill like mine. it's more like gambling than investing.

Trully agreed.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dimpsk

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 05:04:49 AM

Sigh, it doesn't help when ethereum devs adding timebomb difficulty to make life harder.

Yeah, you should get out now.  Get out while you still can.

Good point I think.
dimpsk

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 05:10:27 AM

i dont know what you guys are doing...im mining at 0,21ct(€) /kwh and earning still around 60-70% more than i pay...

one free advice the coins on whattomine are not profitable ..

I would like to take your advice, but you are you are actually advising against whattomine, but not advising to use anything in particular.

Long story short: where do I find profitable coins to mine?

Kind regards;
Chris

LOL ...  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

You see any declaration should be approved. He said - i am making $$ on mining  even paying $0.2 kWh. He is asked how is this - it could not be possible according whattomine.
I know secret coins he answered. No proof at all.

So, it's just another fairy tale. Going forward then Smiley
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 12:26:55 PM
Merited by not.you (1)

As expensive as mining hardware is AT THE MOMENT and as cheap as coins are AT THE MOMENT, my money is going directly into coins rather than mining hardware.  I'm still mining with the hardware that I have, but I'm buying coins rather than more mining hardware right now.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
dimpsk

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 09:26:52 PM

As expensive as mining hardware is AT THE MOMENT and as cheap as coins are AT THE MOMENT, my money is going directly into coins rather than mining hardware.  I'm still mining with the hardware that I have, but I'm buying coins rather than more mining hardware right now.

That's it, totally  agreed with this.
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 10:02:08 PM

I can't get it how you're getting a loss with 6 cents of kWh electricity. Here, right now, I'm mining Ethereum with 10 cents of kWh electricity and ending up in a little profit (not in a loss though). Roll Eyes

Would the OP mind sharing his GPU specifications right here instead of at the video? GPU's must be very outdated or something like that.
megainarmy

Activity: 347
Merit: 174

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 10:46:03 PM

Well, if it comes to that, then of course it's not necessary to turn off rigs, you need to mine for the future. Those, hoDl.
It's strange, but personally, even if I mine the etherium the profit still exists Wink
cryptovigi

Activity: 714
Merit: 611

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 11:57:09 PM

buying rather than mining... maybe that's the clue for nowdays....
gotminer

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 03:53:11 AM

That's it, totally  agreed with this.

At least we agree on something ... LOL.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
lunobird

Activity: 846
Merit: 115

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 04:17:25 AM

I can't get it how you're getting a loss with 6 cents of kWh electricity. Here, right now, I'm mining Ethereum with 10 cents of kWh electricity and ending up in a little profit (not in a loss though). Roll Eyes

Would the OP mind sharing his GPU specifications right here instead of at the video? GPU's must be very outdated or something like that.

Are you including rent for the facility and taxes for the gains earned?  After adding these you should be rekt in earnings. anybody could make a few cents per day after mining and brag they still profiting..  Such bums! LOL

gotminer

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 04:28:31 AM

Are you including rent for the facility and taxes for the gains earned?  After adding these you should nearly be rekt in earnings. anybody could make a few cents per day after mining and brag they still profiting..  Such bums! LOL

I don't pay rent for facility, because my mining rigs are in a space in my home (which is tax deductible) ... My electricity cost is 0.10kwh.  If I hit a threshold, it comes down a little.  Maybe 1-2 cents per kwh.  You pay taxes on earned income, as if you were self employed.  Your mining room is a deduction, your hardware costs are a deduction, your electricity is a deduction. 

I posted this in another thread, and I will post it again ...

"I don't know how to tell you this, but you are insanely wrong with part of that.  With the 31 gpu's that I have, I mined various coins and traded for btc in the month of March.  In the month of March, I ended up with 0.18337303 BTC.  If I converted to fiat right now that would equate to $1315.70USD.  My electrical costs (rigs and ventilation) for the month were approx $400USD.  Do the math and tell me that isn't profit.

I bought my gpu's last year at reasonable prices, not much over MSRP.  Not all, but a large portion of my rigs are paid for, if I converted to fiat right now.  I'm not converting to fiat at today's btc price (not even to cover electrical costs).  I'm placing a bet and waiting.  I'm not advocating that someone go out and pay insane gpu prices right now and start building a farm.  But do not tell me that gpu mining (in my situation) is not profitable.  Lol ... It would be insane for me to shut down my rigs right now and sell everything today."

Sevarchik

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 04:34:34 AM

I am continue mining because i have other income.
I still mine ETN and i dont know how profitable is at the moment, researching more profitable coins pain for me, with this red digits

dimpsk

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:04:44 AM

Not very, but just be not the newest. Thus 1070 is still a bit profitable with $0.1 kwh electricity, but
1050 and 460 will generate only losses now. They  are not obsolete  at all. But they are not the newest
Bulitt (OP)

Activity: 108
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:10:08 AM

Rig:
HD 6950 1GB - 200H/sec Cryptonight, 180KH/sec Neoscrypt
R9 270X 2GB - 440H/sec Cryptonight, 535KH/sec Neoscrypt, 180sols/sec Equihash.

Gaming PC:
AMD FX 8320 - 380H/sec Cryptonight.
RX 580 8GB -  690H/sec Cryptonight, 1032KH/sec Neoscrypt, 330sols/sec Equihash, 19.2 MH/sec Ethash.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 10:02:56 PM

My little hobby rig cannot find a coin to mine thats profitable. Even with $0.06kWh electricity Im losing money from this point on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSUIQgEVDM4
Lol, I clicked the youtube link hoping that it might be a documentation of your rig or your calculations, thinking you might gone wrong.
Anyways, this video might help you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ  Wink

Shhhhh DONT TELL THEM THE SECRET  Grin
The secret is, buy an ASIC.

Bitmain E3 isn't shipping 'till Mid-July - and is about the SAME specs (180 Mhash at 800 watts) as a well-tuned 6-card AMD RX 480/580 rig, and INFERIOR in performance to a well-tuned Nvidia GTX 1070 6-card rig (186+ Mhash at 700-750 watts).

Only thing it has going for it is the LOW PRICE.

Apparently the rumours about a "F3" unit were incorrect, as was that one published video - or the "F3" isn't an ETH mining unit.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
senseless

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 12:24:05 AM

My little hobby rig cannot find a coin to mine thats profitable. Even with $0.06kWh electricity Im losing money from this point on.

Keep looking

gotminer

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 12:27:11 AM

Lol, I clicked the youtube link hoping that it might be a documentation of your rig or your calculations, thinking you might gone wrong.
Anyways, this video might help you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ  Wink

Bitmain E3 isn't shipping 'till Mid-July - and is about the SAME specs (180 Mhash at 800 watts) as a well-tuned 6-card AMD RX 480/580 rig, and INFERIOR in performance to a well-tuned Nvidia GTX 1070 6-card rig (186+ Mhash at 700-750 watts).

Apparently the rumours about a "F3" unit were incorrect, as was that one published video - or the "F3" isn't an ETH mining unit.

What's up with the limit of one per person?

senseless

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 01:51:36 AM

It's their latest tactic of trying not to look like complete assholes. So, they privately mine, extract large amounts of value from a coin, sell a bunch of miners, then sell off their coins and crash the price. It keeps the price high during their sales and their units ROI looking great.

gotminer

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 03:03:56 AM

It's their latest tactic of trying not to look like complete assholes. So, they privately mine, extract large amounts of value from a coin, sell a bunch of miners, then sell off their coins and crash the price. It keeps the price high during their sales and their units ROI looking great.

I know a lot of people speculate about that and I do believe it to be true.  I mean, why wouldn't they do it?  I think I've come full circle on my opinion of Bitmain at this point ... Really doesn't matter to them if they sell this unit at $800 or $400, because they've already accumulated enough income off of mining with them privately to sell at whatever price they can get.  Jihan is a very smart man and I'm sure they carefully calculate the max price they can sell their used hardware at.  Getting money out of the used hardware is just the icing on the cake for them, if they have been mining with them for months.  You'd be doing it that way too, if it was your business that spent millions in R&D on something like that. 

Jihan doesn't even care about crypto, from what I've heard.  All that I've been hearing as of late is that he is using this as a catalyst into some really scary AI shit. 

chakfrost

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 11:20:19 AM

Just got an email overnight - they upped it to 5.  They are shady as all hell.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: