Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 02:06:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Relative weakness of ETH with BTC - Reasons?  (Read 121 times)
kryptogunner (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 10

Community Builder and Telegram Moderator

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 04:54:21 AM

Hi

I see that in the fall of the cryptocurrency since last one quarter or so, ETH has been relatively weaker with respect to BTC.
Currently BTC is still well above its lows made in February, while Ether has broken well below its Feb lows and languishing much lower. Just wondering, what is that so despite the fact that ETH blochchain has many applications on it.

I need a reasoning for relative weakness and not why every thing is falling in general.

Want growth hack for community or need 24x7 community managememt?

PM here or Telegram @meatulm

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1069

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2018, 05:12:58 AM

I don't have a proper explanation either.
But one of the reason can be the huge and diverse investment in Bitcoin (including hedge funds and traditional investors) than ethereum. With more than 3 times the marketcap and investment in Bitcoin than ETH, the money itself works as a buffer, resisting sudden changes.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Newboybb

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 05:15:33 AM

The common problem faced by BTC and ETH is the throughput problem.
I think the price of BTC and ETH has been confirmed by many large institutions, so it is normal for the prices to rise sharply.

kryptogunner (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 05:17:54 AM

I don't have a proper explanation either.
But one of the reason can be the huge and diverse investment in Bitcoin (including hedge funds and traditional investors) than ethereum. With more than 3 times the marketcap and investment in Bitcoin than ETH, the money itself works as a buffer, resisting sudden changes.

I agree that botcoin has much more support from institutional investors and this downplays the volatility to a certain extent. However, ETH is no. 2 and also have certain form of support which may be however be lower than BTC. But such waterfall kind of move just baffled me. Hope their isnt something wrong inherently.

Also, talking about reasoiing of institutional support, do you think LTC/ XRP has any compared to ETH? They are also much better off relatively with their Feb lows.

kryptogunner (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 05:20:06 AM

The common problem faced by BTC and ETH is the throughput problem.
I think the price of BTC and ETH has been confirmed by many large institutions, so it is normal for the prices to rise sharply.

May be I was not able to explain my query. I am not worried about the moves they are showing rather disparity in moves shown by BTC and ETH on standalone basis. Cant decipher that  Huh

lasencja

Activity: 92
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 05:20:34 AM

Btc have small fee now with this can be used all on the world.
Tipstar

Activity: 1764
Merit: 280

Smart World Global Token

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 05:34:52 AM

Bitcoin is here for quite a time and established itself to every layman as a viable investment. While ethereum and other altcoins are still in their proving stage.
It has larger number and amount of investment, larger number and amount of trading options and more merchants, business and markets accept it

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

kryptogunner (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 05:38:55 AM

Bitcoin is here for quite a time and established itself to every layman as a viable investment. While ethereum and other altcoins are still in their proving stage.
It has larger number and amount of investment, larger number and amount of trading options and more merchants, business and markets accept it

yes, I agree with that legacy points favoring BTC. But why ETH has fell below its lows in February, while LTC/ XRP are respecting those prices is my question. ETH certainly has much stronger application, acceptability and institutional support than LTC/ XRP. So it should also have respected the lows it made in Feb like other coins. This is what my question is.

bbcolex

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 05:41:55 AM

The only Problem I see with Ethereum is the failing of ICO's , lot's of ICOS or almost of them are scam! if only vitalik could verify every project that will be build in ethereum .

kryptogunner (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 05:44:54 AM

The only Problem I see with Ethereum is the failing of ICO's , lot's of ICOS or almost of them are scam! if only vitalik could verify every project that will be build in ethereum .

yes certainly. Credibility is an issue at the monent surely. Every second project is a scam or at least a get rich quick scheme. This calls for regulation if community could not find a credible solution to it. Ironically, cryptoworld is founded on the principle of deregulation from Govt. yet we may need it.

Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 05:52:46 AM

Just wondering, what is that so despite the fact that ETH blochchain has many applications on it.

you are confused because you are confusing "applications" with ICOs. an application, or in other words what they advertise should be something that has actual usage and does something for real not just some fake empty promises and that is what these ICOs have been doing.

and when things are like that the demand for ETH is also fake and will vanish into thin air when the dump and panic starts.
when you compare that fake demand with the demand for bitcoin which is mostly real you can understand why ETH is weak and will remain on the dumping side in the long term and bitcoin is strong and will eventually go up in the long term.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
kryptogunner (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 05:56:41 AM

Just wondering, what is that so despite the fact that ETH blochchain has many applications on it.

you are confused because you are confusing "applications" with ICOs. an application, or in other words what they advertise should be something that has actual usage and does something for real not just some fake empty promises and that is what these ICOs have been doing.

and when things are like that the demand for ETH is also fake and will vanish into thin air when the dump and panic starts.
when you compare that fake demand with the demand for bitcoin which is mostly real you can understand why ETH is weak and will remain on the dumping side in the long term and bitcoin is strong and will eventually go up in the long term.

Yes. This makes sense. Infact, I was also worried about this aspect as well. Continous dumping wrt not just BTC but LTC/ XRP as an example was baffling me. Scamming has become a meace for cryptoworld. Hope we can find a solution quickly to it before the damage is irreparable.

Endikadija

Activity: 1458
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 06:12:15 AM

Hi

I see that in the fall of the cryptocurrency since last one quarter or so, ETH has been relatively weaker with respect to BTC.
Currently BTC is still well above its lows made in February, while Ether has broken well below its Feb lows and languishing much lower. Just wondering, what is that so despite the fact that ETH blochchain has many applications on it.

I need a reasoning for relative weakness and not why every thing is falling in general.
The majority of people are thinking about the social media advertising through facebook and twitter give a lot of impact on the publication of the majority platform that runs in ethereum blockchain.

Remember the latest news about the publicy companies are still able to advertise on the facebook or twitter i guess.

In fact, whales try to give another pressure to the market.
After EOS team was dumping a lot of ethereum to the market and that gives the more possibility to the whales to take off ethereum to the bottom.

Remember a lot of people interested in ico since the last year. If those are pulling out their money and ether will get worst chart rather than bitcoin.

Monetniy

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 06:29:30 AM

As it was already possible to notice everything is under construction on positive and negative news. Work of developers what plans for the project and its development at them is monitored. At present we observe some calm, there are no positive news on our coins and negative we heavy worry. In the next awaking everything as that was in previous years has to be stabilized.

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
kryptogunner (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 06:33:00 AM

yes, we hope everything will be alright soon. This fall unlike previous falls was slow continous slide rather than a one off bump which settled back quickly earlier.

taiwww

Activity: 588
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 06:42:14 AM

Hi

I have a therapy for this but I am not sure how much we can rely on it. The thing is its philosophical where people see the bitcoin as center point and they rely on it for speculating the whole crypto currency world. I mean whenever the bitcoin is going down rest of the people think that this will hamper the altcoins very badly and thus start selling off the alts too. Apart from this ETH is second most loved altcoin in the crypto and mostly it depends on the development of ICO projects. Since bitocin is down then ICO investment goes down too (theories say) as people think ICO won't be able to fund the project for long terms. Thus net effect makes it look worst and the whole crypto goes down.
kryptogunner (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 08:04:25 AM

Yes true, BTC is the father of all cryptocurrencies. Any news affecting its price directly affects every other coin. Same way success of bitcoins also adds to their success. In a way this correction is also a good things as it will skim all the froth that is lying in the cryptoworld due to this phenomenal rise last year. May be now we will have a more sustained move.

AiwaDima

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 08:19:47 AM

ETH still needs a lot to do to set BTC a good competition, and that there are a lot of applications attached to ETH, which is also more than a minus plus, since after an ICO command sells large quantities of ETH, it reduces its price
kryptogunner (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 09:45:29 AM

ETH still needs a lot to do to set BTC a good competition, and that there are a lot of applications attached to ETH, which is also more than a minus plus, since after an ICO command sells large quantities of ETH, it reduces its price

Very valid point. All ICOs are raising money in terms of ETH and dumping it thereafter for Fiat. So this excess large supply coming in from huge growth of ICOs is actually inhibiting the growth of coin in general. Much appreciated.

annstasia009

Activity: 168
Merit: 12

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 09:50:10 AM

Well, if I say briefly, then ETH is still not ready to compete with BTC; its team still needs to work and work to become competitive.

Monkeyseemonkeydo

Activity: 246

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 09:52:19 AM

Man, there is no way Ethereum can compete Bitcoin. It's just two different leagues, they have not too much same things, we can't even compare them properly
Maricurijohn

Activity: 294
Merit: 8

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 09:56:24 AM

Yes. The reason BTC decrease is because google, facebook and Twitter simultaneously prohibit ads on ICO, Crypto..vv So the big boys have banned together Crypto, This is being some place will sue google, facebook , twitter in May. The reason for ETH is partly offset by the impact of this, partly due to the introduction of ASIC that can exploit and dig the ETH coin, so investors fear they have already sold ETH to the market. has drastically reduced the price of ETH.

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
kryptogunner (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 09:57:21 AM

Man, there is no way Ethereum can compete Bitcoin. It's just two different leagues, they have not too much same things, we can't even compare them properly

The comparison is being made in terms of their applications and development prospects. Ofcourse BTC was and is undisputed market leader with others a lot to catch up.

Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: