Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:57:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WhiskChat Hacked  (Read 1096 times)
whiskers75 (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 502

Doesn't use these forums that often.

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 01:57:42 PM
Last edit: November 03, 2013, 09:56:37 AM by whiskers75

[redacted]

Elastic.pw Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cheffe

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 02:19:52 PM

what is this?

Partner & Investoren für das bekannt machen von Bitcoins (auch in der realen Welt mit einzigartigem Bitcoin-Zahlungssystem) gesucht. Einfach per PN melden
OleOle

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Are you like these guys?

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 02:23:37 PM

Well, my username doesn't seem to be on that list, not according to Ctrl+F anyway.

Passwords are a hassle and I got fed up typing my username and passwords to almost every site I visited. Finally I bit the bullet and got the premium edition of Lastpass. There's a free edition and the premium edition is twelve bucks a year, peanuts.

It makes such a difference, I hated trying to create new passwords for every site and then trying to remember them, what a joke, I've got better things to do with my time and this thread with the hacked list of usernames and passwords from this site just underscores that we should be changing passwords far more often then any of us really do.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up, I'm going to generate a new password for this site again right now.

Bloody scammers and thieves are everywhere  Undecided

-----

Heard at the water cooler:

"You know all those large font adverts in striking colors that people use for their forum signature?"
"Yeah, the ones that are usually for dice games and other gambling services, what about them?"
"Well, they never say that they are referral links, do they?"
"Shouldn't that just be obvious that if someone puts something in bold in a link it's a referral link?"
"Well, yeah, but sometimes people get upset and demand that they need a disclaimer..."
"Oh those people, well those are the folks that even need a "Caution: Contents Hot!" warning on their coffee cups."
"Ugh, so true bro... so true..."

Wink

wtfvanity

Activity: 504

WTF???

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 02:33:42 PM

What site is it?

WTF!     Don't Click Here              
          .      .            .            .        .            .            .          .        .     .               .            .             .            .            .           .            .     .               .         .              .           .            .            .            .     .      .     .    .     .          .            .          .            .            .           .              .     .            .            .           .            .               .         .            .     .            .            .             .            .              .            .            .      .            .            .            .            .            .            .             .          .
OleOle

Are you like these guys?

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 02:42:27 PM

Well, the OP updated the post since the first posting. It was originally just a link to a list of hacked bitcointalk usernames and passwords and the original title of the thread reflected that, hence my remarks about password security. But then it morphed into something else which I don't think has been explained yet, maybe the OP will change it again, I have no idea.

This was the link that was originally posted and, for now anyway, can still be seen on the OP:

http://pastebin.com/d1Wafvab

I used Ctrl+F to see if my username was on the list, it wasn't but I changed my password again anyway, it never hurts.

Smiley

wtfvanity

Activity: 504

WTF???

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 02:48:54 PM

Well, the OP updated the post since the first posting. It was originally just a link to a list of hacked bitcointalk usernames and passwords and the original title of the thread reflected that, hence my remarks about password security. But then it morphed into something else which I don't think has been explained yet, maybe the OP will change it again, I have no idea.

This was the link that was originally posted and, for now anyway, can still be seen on the OP:

http://pastebin.com/d1Wafvab

I used Ctrl+F to see if my username was on the list, it wasn't but I changed my password again anyway, it never hurts.

Smiley

But is anyone aware of what site it came from? The new link? Because the chat room stuff doesn't seem like it would make much sense for being bitcointalk would it?

WTF!     Don't Click Here              
          .      .            .            .        .            .            .          .        .     .               .            .             .            .            .           .            .     .               .         .              .           .            .            .            .     .      .     .    .     .          .            .          .            .            .           .              .     .            .            .           .            .               .         .            .     .            .            .             .            .              .            .            .      .            .            .            .            .            .            .             .          .
OleOle

Are you like these guys?

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 02:58:25 PM

But is anyone aware of what site it came from? The new link? Because the chat room stuff doesn't seem like it would make much sense for being bitcointalk would it?

I don't know, we need some input from the OP, I have a feeling that we could all just be wasting our time on this thread. Originally I was responding to a thread which was called something like, "Why we should all change our passwords" and then it changed to "100% FREE DUMP- No Scam!" which to me really does seem like a scam of some sort and if the thread had been called that from the start I wouldn't have bothered posting on it.

Time to walk away methinks...

Huh

DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2013, 04:28:33 PM

Oh, fuck. WhiskChat was hacked and the DB was compromised. This is a complete leak of WhiskChat's emails, salts and password hashes. :/

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 07:26:46 PM

Looks like they don't care Sad

The damn thing is already public and all there is here is a link to pastebin.
As far as I'm concerned it's better to just leave it so everybody knows about it. The harm is already done, hiding it would be the worst decision ever.
Maybe the concerned parties should contact pastebin and ask them to take the page down, no? http://pastebin.com/faq#8

EDIT: By concerned parties I mean: anyone with their email/info on that list.
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2013, 08:55:35 PM

Uh oh, I use that same password for all my bank accounts and on all the exchanges.

What am I gonna do?!

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
OleOle

Are you like these guys?

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 10:06:09 PM

Uh oh, I use that same password for all my bank accounts and on all the exchanges.

What am I gonna do?!

Now is a good time to change your bank account passwords. Do that first, then change your exchange credentials.

Unluckyduck

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 12:27:23 AM

What am I gonna do?!

Now is a good time to change your bank account passwords. Do that first, then change your exchange credentials.
I think he was kidding.
fildza

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Ask me anything if you have any problem

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2013, 05:28:55 PM

What am I gonna do?!

I think he was kidding.
I think so

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: