Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:05:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy BTC with creditcard  (Read 386 times)
200kbtc (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 07:07:43 AM

Cheers to all of you,
I am newbie to this forum and have one simple question: How can I buy BTC with credit card?
I have checked all most famous exchanges and they have silly limits. I have recently sold the apartment and would like to invest 200k+ in crypto's and would like to avoid bank transfer if possible(if not then also write me best exchange for bank transfer to buy 200k worth of btc)can't wait to get started so feel free to recommend me what you use for this exchange and how high limits are.
Ty

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 07:54:42 AM

Problem is credit cards are considered risky payment instruments. That's because card information is prone to phishing and account hacks. Fraud is spelled with a capital F in the payment card industry. It is a very real and challenging threat. For this reason, you will find it hard to pay by credit card if your intention is to purchase bitcoins without giving out much information about yourself.

The risks are:

1. You can dispute the transaction after getting the coins and request for a chargeback. If you invoke the fraud defense, your card issuer will aggressively pursue the chargeback claim, making it very difficult and time consuming for payment card processors to fight it. You have up to 90 days to dispute the transaction and file a chargeback.

2. If the card information used for the payment is later discovered to be fraudulently sourced, the payment will be reversed in the form of a chargeback. There is no recourse for fighting this chargeback in this situation.

If you still want to go ahead and purchase the BTC via credit card, expect strict KYC and card authentication procedures. Here is a list of services which allow you to buy BTC and pay for them by credit card:

https://www.simplex.com/simplex-partners/

The limits are quite high. Usually USD 20k per day and 50k per month. Read through the FAQs on the above link. Be aware though that your card issuer might find it suspicious when they notice a pattern of daily purchases of USD 20k and they might put your card account on review or even lower your limits.

premiumproductss

Activity: 560
Merit: 119

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 08:03:50 AM

Cheers to all of you,
I am newbie to this forum and have one simple question: How can I buy BTC with credit card?
I have checked all most famous exchanges and they have silly limits. I have recently sold the apartment and would like to invest 200k+ in crypto's and would like to avoid bank transfer if possible(if not then also write me best exchange for bank transfer to buy 200k worth of btc)can't wait to get started so feel free to recommend me what you use for this exchange and how high limits are.
Ty

How do you got 200k+ in credit card? Are yours? Are the banks offering to you the possibility of taking credits worth 200k$? If yes tell us how, we will try too.

Sadly, credit cards being mostly used on bank loans or financial institutions that might ask for a refund for the bitcoin payment, so many services might be against it.

200kbtc (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 08:11:50 AM

I will be in bank and authorise those payments by CC so it won't be issue. So furthest I can go is 20k per day it seems. Ok will probably stick to bank transfer then. Thanks
Thfulted

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 08:37:21 AM

For bank transfers you have so many options to buy as much BTC as you want at reasonable prices, you can use Kraken
200kbtc (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:33:38 PM

Kraken for such ammount? I was looking for OTC as will maybe jncreasr to 500k but was dissapointed when sow itbit takes 7-10 days for verification.anyone has suggestion?
hiker

Activity: 58

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:38:53 PM

Which country are you in? Use localbitcoins.com if you can.

And of course it is better not to buy this precious BTC all at once, but cost average your purchase over a period of time.
200kbtc (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:42:00 PM

I will buy it at once. Thats how I do business and I have already made plan of waiting, withdrawing and all.
Thx anway
angry_runner

Activity: 162
Merit: 8

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 06:51:51 PM

Craken is very good option.
what % are you looking for?

the normal % in cash not more than 5%. Usually 2-3%. not forget about crypto ATM -2-4% - I use this "coinatmradar.com". Depends of your country and luck:)

CC - is a tricky way. Usually changes write 3-4%, but you need read vere very carefully what % they mean, what exchange rate they count and other things.
for example Exchanger write you - we take only 3.9% from the CC transaction. But later you can find that Exchange take 3.9% and Stripe as a CC processor take 5% more.
And the exchange rate from the Exchange (usually 5-10% more then CMC). Then take a notice that Exchanger take a fee for the transaction from Exchanger wallet to your wallet.
Try to find real people reviews from some Exchangers. So CC can cost you from 5% to 10-15% depends on your luck and attentions.

Wire most of the Exchangers take wire for free, but you need to pay your bank transfer fee. So let say wire cost you 1-2%.Usually less depends of the amount.

This is my opinion after exchange market exploring.
BarbaraRodriguez

Activity: 82

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 08:55:47 PM

I will recomend Craken website , but 200k in crypto using CC is TOOO DAMN HIGH ... you can try in that site , hope it works for you
Kraken-Septimus

Activity: 338
Merit: 101

https://support.kraken.com

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 09:49:53 PM

Kraken for such ammount? I was looking for OTC as will maybe jncreasr to 500k but was dissapointed when sow itbit takes 7-10 days for verification.anyone has suggestion?

Hi 200kbtc. I'd suggest that you open a support ticket letting our team know that you're looking to exchange a large amount of funds and in the same ticket ask about our OTC services. You can also escalate your ticket using this form. One of our agents will be with you as soon as possible. Please let us know if you need anything else by dropping by our Bitcointalk thread!

Unlock futures trading with Kraken's Crypto Facilities acquisition!
Do you need support? Please open a ticket here and escalate that ticket using this form.
amatella

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 05:28:10 AM

Dear,
all I can suggest you is to pay attention. Probably i'm victim of a scam from one of known exchange, CEX.IO, with a transfer trough the SEPA system (that is most secure) as you can see here for details https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3257211.0
They also accept cards, I don't know what can happen with a transfer trough a credit card if they normal behaviour consist in uncharge of fiat money on your account balance (or uncharge of crypto) after transfer and never reply to your support request.
Search and again search again only exchange with positive feedback. Cex.io can do bad surprise to you.
Again after weeks they not activate to support me in this issue after calling their bank, write negative experience on forums and opening support ticket with same argument. Seems that at CEX.IO care only money. Don't have a minimum of modesty and customers are nothing that thing like bancomat.
Cryptodetails

Activity: 140
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 07:17:47 PM

How to buy bitcoin with a credit or debit card online:
Please make sure that you have access to the wallet on which you wish to receive Bitcoins.
 After creating your Bitcoin purse, you need to get the address of this purse.
After the purse address is received and verified - you can purchase Bitcoins. We accept VISA / MasterCard.
Initially, enter the amount you want to buy - the amount can be specified in both the BTC and the dollar equivalent. Similarly, you can specify the amount that you want to spend with a credit or debit card.
If you are performing a transaction on Paybis.com for the first time, you will need to complete the verification of your personal data.
LastJedi

Activity: 182
Merit: 122

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 07:53:48 PM

If your buying use a large company so if they do not deliver you can be refunded by a call to your credit card company.
Changelly had a visa/mastercard logo last time I checked.
You can go try them and see if you can purchase using them.

thatkid1

Activity: 143
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 04:50:16 AM

May I know your home country? I might can help you.
amatella

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 05:39:37 AM

Important UPDATE!!
The importance of the update consists that not have an update. CEX.IO account ask me information and then not reply.. same behaviour on their ticketing system. Thousand excuses but no concrete answer and obviously no resolution of the problem.
Now is twenty-fifth day from I made the sepa transfer and no 1 euro was credit on my account.

CEX.IO WAKE UP!!
hundi.online

Activity: 34

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2018, 03:37:33 PM

There are many ways to buy BTC with Credit Card. There are many websites where you can use your Credit Card to buy BTC. I haven't use them all but have good experience buying Bitcoins with a Credit Card at Coinbase. User friendly interface, Relatively low fees, Established reputation. But also have cons that its is not available worldwide.
hejioei

Activity: 19

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 04:11:35 PM

Kraken is quite good according to me at least! But I dont think they will accept such a big CC deposit. Bank yes.
angry_runner

Activity: 162
Merit: 8

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2018, 10:54:53 PM

strange but Cracken does not have USD - only wire.May be because of EU customers.
Kraken-Septimus

Activity: 338
Merit: 101

https://support.kraken.com

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 09:11:56 PM

Kraken is quite good according to me at least! But I dont think they will accept such a big CC deposit. Bank yes.

Hi hejioei. We're glad to hear it! You're right, we don't accept credit cards, debit cards or PayPal.

strange but Cracken does not have USD - only wire.May be because of EU customers.

Hi angry_runner. We still offer domestic USD deposits and withdrawals. We're hoping to find a new banking partner for international USD deposits and withdrawals soon. You can read more about that here.

If you guys need anything else please drop by our Bitcointalk thread!

Unlock futures trading with Kraken's Crypto Facilities acquisition!
Do you need support? Please open a ticket here and escalate that ticket using this form.
generatorhd

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 03:33:49 AM

If you have a Bitcoin ATM nearby use that instead to withdraw or deposit bitcoins.
LastJedi

Activity: 182
Merit: 122

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 03:59:46 AM

If you have a Bitcoin ATM nearby use that instead to withdraw or deposit bitcoins.
ATM can take credit card for purchasing bitcoin?
If they do I can see them charging alot for the fee alone and then on top of this a service charge from the bank who issued the credit card along with it being charged interest as soon the purchase shows up on the credit card bill.
This would mean it being seen as a cash advance and usually credit card companys view this transaction on the card as such and end up charging a higher interest rate because of it.

warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 05:05:40 AM

Download the BRD (Bread Wallet) app. There is a "buy btc" option on the app. You can use either a Mastercard or Visa card but be prepared to be KYC'd. Scammers have no chance. Simplex (the payment processor) screens purchases carefully.

scriptology

Activity: 48

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 07:28:37 PM

Can sell you btc via Visa/MasterCard through E-PoS. Pm
Bugatti73

Activity: 616
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 07:35:01 PM

Looking in what country you live! First, go to your bank and find out this information that you then had no problems!
alexwon

Activity: 26

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 07:17:01 AM

With those payment options you are considering it would probably be best to check out https://cryptonex.org
On this platform you can buy eth/btc with Visa and MasterCard.
You can pay in any currency; exchange for USD or EUR is made at your bank rate.
Initial purchase from $50 to $10000. Daily limit up to $20000. Monthly limit up to $50000.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: