Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:28:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin scarcity  (Read 599 times)
bce

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 01:49:47 AM

we see bitcoin today experiencing high fluctuations below and will always drops, probably going back to the point of $ 4500. but if I look with bitcoin stock today which a little again $ 3.5 million , then this condition is not normal. because it should be when bitcoin is scarce, then price and value will quickly rise and higher. but today why down? do we have to wait 1 million bitcoins?
should it happen but we all also can not know for sure the reason that happened but I am sure the price will again creep up and possibly be stable

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinNewbie15

Activity: 574
Merit: 296

Bitcoin isn't a bubble. It's the pin!

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 02:45:35 AM

80 percent bitcoin has been mined and in circulation so bitcoin is in abduant circulation there is no scarcity

There is scarcity in the market, that's why one coin costs almost $9000 currently. Not everyone has $9000 to spend, so being able to own just one Bitcoin is a dream for many people. That is scarcity. Even with 80% of all coins being mined, an estimated 5%+ of the total supply is already lost forever (assuming satoshi will never use his coins, let's be honest, he was a genius. He definitely has the private keys still).

Many others are hodling coins too, which means they are not technically in circulation until they are moved. There are 10s of thousands of Bitcoin addresses that hold a very large amount of coins and they haven't made any transactions in years. The halving takes place in two more years as well, so the influx of new bitcoins from any miner that sells will be cut in half. The market will be flooded with fewer coins, and hopefully, adoption has continued to increase by that time. Bitcoin will be way more scarce than it already is by that point.
oni4an

Activity: 658
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:37:46 AM

If all will want to own at least 1 Bitcoin then this will not happen, because the amount of Bitcoin is limited, which in turn would affect its value. I believe that the price of 1 million bitcoins would overcome easily.
harbs23

Activity: 81
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:42:53 AM

Scarcity or the scarce is not the right term to describe bitcoin. your so funny  Grin Grin
But by the the reason why bit goes up and down its because I think the demand of bitcoin are down. Maybe because of the country who didn't accept crypotocurrency.
Caelanpelley

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 12:04:07 PM

Do you think bitcoin will be scarce? My answer is yes! One of the most valuable features of Bitcoin is the limited availability of virtual currency with 21 million units. For humans, scarcity is considered a valuable asset because economists believe that this will prevent market behavior like inflation. Most people in the world consider precious metals like gold and silver to be a scarce commodity. However, gold can still be faked, but bitcoins are not.
shultz1994

Activity: 31

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 12:18:11 PM

Now bitcoin does not have a deficit, but perhaps when bitcoin reaches its limit, there will be a great demand for bitcoin. And how much more bitcoin will be lost? Nobody knows.
svetochka.yakovleva.93

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 01:08:20 PM

There is no deficit in bitcoin, all mined priverno 12 million coins , and a total of 21 million coins , so that the deficit will not happen soon , and if it happens, imagine how its price will rise
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 01:35:38 PM

we see bitcoin today experiencing high fluctuations below and will always drops, probably going back to the point of $ 4500. but if I look with bitcoin stock today which a little again $ 3.5 million , then this condition is not normal. because it should be when bitcoin is scarce, then price and value will quickly rise and higher. but today why down? do we have to wait 1 million bitcoins?
should it happen but we all also can not know for sure the reason that happened but I am sure the price will again creep up and possibly be stable

Lol how can high volatility not be normal. The factors that affect the volatility varies so anything can happen. And there's still a lot of btcs to be mined still so i don't think scarcity is an issue for now.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
tannerchum

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

Semi-Decentralized Exchange

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 01:42:46 PM

I think bitcoin's scarcity is impossible, because with the increasingly sophisticated technology today, it enables everyone to access and invest money in various fields, one of which may be in the form of bitcoin. so it's not possible if bitcoin is scarce.

I agree on you, although their are times that bitcoin is really in demand but it does not mean that it is going to scarcity because bitcoin hits it's own target. The technology that works all over the world is super advance which bitcoin advantages when we are going to access it. In investment you will know that it increasingly and the demand is high because you had set your target about it.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:13:15 PM

FYI, "scarce" is a concept in economics that basically means "limited" or "finite".

A resource is not called "scarce" because it is hard to find or rare, but because there are limited quantities. Bitcoin is "scarce" because there are only 2,100,000,000,000,000 satoshis.

Dollars are not scarce because there is no limit on how many can be made.

Space in a Bitcoin block is artificially scarce because validation rules limit the size to 1 MB of data (or thereabouts). If the size limit rule were removed, space might possibly still be scarce because there might be economic reasons for miners to limit the size of the blocks they produce.

More info: https://www.investopedia.com/terms/s/scarcity.asp

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
wolfracer

Activity: 294
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:56:09 PM

It is not only the scarcity of a good that determines its value, there are other factors such as its usefulness, however, this will vary and it will be granted depending on the preferences of each user or the situation in which they are, that is, the demand is the predisposing factor in the determination of its price, and due to the direct price-demand relationship, a fall in demand will mean a fall in its price level. 

Merugu

Activity: 176

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 12:32:22 AM

I think the amount of bitcoin is very much, so bitcoin prices will also degrade dartis, if we think it's our chance-we'll get more bitcoin at the moment, because we'll wait with higher warnings, we're sure someday the bitcoin price will return nice.
rhana_

Activity: 124

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 12:09:12 PM

it seems, the high investors on bitcoin make stock currency this digital the thinning and almost out, supply bitcoin shows the gap significant most bitcoiners believe that the scarcity of digital will make bitcoin more valuable from time to time.
ETHtotheMOON1

Activity: 280
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 12:28:38 PM

you need to focus on real value that bitcoin and cryptos are providing to the real life. I'm not developer myself but still I understand that decentralized finance is the future.

▰▰▰▰ BLACK ▰▰▰▰
 ▰▰▰▰ Insurance Company on Blockchain  ▰▰▰▰
http://www.black.insure/
Olano

Activity: 115

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 12:31:51 PM

I'm almost sure, in the future bitcoin will be worth if not a million dollars, then 500 thousand is for sure. Another 8-10 years will pass and we will all see such a price. Already, the price of bitcoin is rising again after a recent fall. I would not be surprised if by the end of the year bitcoin would cost 20 thousand dollars again.
Crowdsale.network

Activity: 104

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 07:34:25 PM

Here are the three reasons behind Bitcoin price fall. Last month three negative news related with cryptocurrencies triggered their plunge. It is not true that the reason of price falling is the scarcity of BTC..
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: