Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 10:51:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 [137] 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 ... 406 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔷 Waves Tech - a powerful blockchain-agnostic ecosystem  (Read 129305 times)
dolores13

Activity: 299
Merit: 271

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 02:58:02 PM

Smell of placebo sockpuppet accounts   Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Undland
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1055

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 03:34:40 PM

Sasha is clearly starting to sell off his last stake in Waves and is getting out before the price crashes to 0.  Sasha is one whale that I wouldn't mind seeing harpooned. Angry

View the list of top 100 Waves holders. They are definitely not selling at this price lol

So, people are abandoning Waves in droves, and you think that's better? LOL!  Cheesy Sasha has definitely sold some of his coins already - or do you think he's willing to lose everything, like us plebs?

74% of the waves are in LPoS. Is it a sign of distrust?

http://dev.pywaves.org/lpos/

Seems a good thing to me...on the other side, since there aren't many waves in circulation, if a whale decide to sell (likely that's what happened in the last weeks), the price go down quickly and hard.
By the Sasha's plan this was to lead to shortages and rising prices. But he could not even think that there would be no people willing to buy.  Wink
BitcoinArsenal

Activity: 924
Merit: 556

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 03:48:24 PM

waves is one of the extreme investment platforms. with an age that he had not been able to play very well and made many investors now feel disadvantaged because of falling prices at the moment. If the company does not move to improve the current situation then waves just the same as last year's failed project startjoin and eat many casualties

I think there are currently three factors that make the price so bad:

1) The uncertainty of the investors as it stands around Vostok and Waves and to what extent the team prefers Vostok for Waves in the future
2) The delays in implementing smart contract feature. It was announced for June, but have not been released so far
3) And finally the general altcoin downtrend
consar

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 05:38:21 PM

I wonder if op will be found dead from making so much loss
OP is sitting on his pile of bitcoins, not giving shit about his community and looking for more opportunities to vacuum money.
Intaryna

Activity: 342
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 10:17:33 AM

For Quality ICO whitepaper writing service Contact me through
Telegram Username: @cryptowilie
Email: icoservices07@gmail.com or wilson@coinweez.com
Order from fiverr: https://www.fiverr.com/s2/d6647fec3a
Hullo

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 10:25:30 AM

I think those three reasons explained everything about the alternative coins market of which Waves is also member. Volatility level is very high which created fears and uncertainty in people and they are not willing to inject money into any market regardless of the potential. We can see priec of many markets are down but investors are very careful and are nor ready for unwilling risks.
Coinblaze

Activity: 49
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 12:42:17 PM
Merited by eddie13 (1)

There is currently a vote on which ERC20 tokens should be listed on the DEX, voting.wavesplatform.com

But my question is: what's the point of the vote? If they want to start listing ERC20 tokens, then just list them all. It's not like it's really more work for them.

If the point is just to show how blockchain voting can work, as a proof of concept, then they have also failed on this point. Let me explain...

Just like the DEX, they try to pass it off as decentralized while in reality, it is centralized. As we have seen with the recent DNS hijacking, the dex is controlled by a single server. Yes, there is the capability for people to run their own DEX if they want, but the current DEX that all the clients use is just one server, just one Matcher that gets all the trading fees. NOT decentralized.

The voting is similar. They have you verify your account through client.wavesplatform.com. Okay, nothing wrong with that, let's give them the benefit of the doubt and just trust that they're not saving your private keys. They use this to verify your Waves address and record your vote. When voting closes, they tally up the number of WCT that each account has, to use as their voting power, and the token with the most WCT voted for it wins.

The problem here, if you didn't realize, is that the votes themselves are not recorded on a blockchain. What's to stop them from saying that an account with alot of WCT voted for something when really they didn't? Yep, it's centralized - they can completely control the results of the vote.

Coinblaze

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 12:59:22 PM

WAVES LEFT TO DIE IN 2020

Check Twitter, https://twitter.com/Ebunayo08/status/1025785794894745605

Sasha had an internal presentation outlining the company's short- and long-term plans.

Fall 2018
- Vostok launch
- NTC contracts launch

Winter 2019
- Turing complete contracts launch
- R&D work on off-chain protocols, state channels, secure POS, confidentiality
- Waves side-chains

- Integration of Vostok in large enterprises
- Maturation of the Waves blockchain
- Moving on to the next generation of open blockchains

So.... "moving on"... ouch
Dildo Shwaggins

Activity: 54
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 01:21:37 PM
Last edit: August 05, 2018, 02:04:01 PM by Dildo Shwaggins

Sasha had an internal presentation outlining the company's short- and long-term plans.

Fall 2018
- Vostok launch
- NTC contracts launch

Winter 2019
- Waves side-chains

Wow two consecutive fud posts! This guy is trying hard.  Grin Grin Grin
Waves.support

Activity: 1307
Merit: 28

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2018, 01:43:11 PM

There is currently a vote on which ERC20 tokens should be listed on the DEX, voting.wavesplatform.com

But my question is: what's the point of the vote? If they want to start listing ERC20 tokens, then just list them all. It's not like it's really more work for them.

If the point is just to show how blockchain voting can work, as a proof of concept, then they have also failed on this point. Let me explain...

Just like the DEX, they try to pass it off as decentralized while in reality, it is centralized. As we have seen with the recent DNS hijacking, the dex is controlled by a single server. Yes, there is the capability for people to run their own DEX if they want, but the current DEX that all the clients use is just one server, just one Matcher that gets all the trading fees. NOT decentralized.

The voting is similar. They have you verify your account through client.wavesplatform.com. Okay, nothing wrong with that, let's give them the benefit of the doubt and just trust that they're not saving your private keys. They use this to verify your Waves address and record your vote. When voting closes, they tally up the number of WCT that each account has, to use as their voting power, and the token with the most WCT voted for it wins.

The problem here, if you didn't realize, is that the votes themselves are not recorded on a blockchain. What's to stop them from saying that an account with alot of WCT voted for something when really they didn't? Yep, it's centralized - they can completely control the results of the vote.

Hello. There will be a payment gateway for ERC20 tokens as a temporary decision before atomic swaps. Obviously there are difficulties with implementing a new payment gateway because Waves Platform has only the following gateways: Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Zcach, Bitcoin Cash, Dash and Monero. That's why it's not very easy to add all Ethereum-based tokens via payment gateways.
Speaking about voting, it's impossible to be included in the list of voters without taking part in voting because anyone can check the list of wallets there. There's no point in this.

Best wishes,
Waves Community Manager
Coinblaze

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 03:45:51 PM

Don't get me wrong, I love Waves and now hold alot because it's a steal at this price. But I'm just saying what others are thinking, and no answers are forthcoming... I believe my posts are thoughtful and intelligent, and I genuinely hope that Waves can clean up its act.

Hello. There will be a payment gateway for ERC20 tokens as a temporary decision before atomic swaps. Obviously there are difficulties with implementing a new payment gateway because Waves Platform has only the following gateways: Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Zcach, Bitcoin Cash, Dash and Monero. That's why it's not very easy to add all Ethereum-based tokens via payment gateways.

I'll have to disagree with you there. What's the difference between accepting 1 ERC20 token or 10 ERC20 tokens? When the work is done for 1, 99% of the work is done for all. That's the whole point of ERC20 tokens.

Speaking about voting, it's impossible to be included in the list of voters without taking part in voting because anyone can check the list of wallets there. There's no point in this.

You missed the whole point of my post. It's that the voting is centralized and not on the blockchain. Waves can make up votes if it wants, and have them appear on that list, to force whatever token they want to win. Hence, no point in that vote. To have a proper vote, it needs to be on the blockchain. Eg, send any minimal amount of Waves to a certain address that corresponds to your vote. That's how I've seen other votes be done in the past. Other projects using Waves tokens are looking at how Waves itself does things, and this is not the correct way to hold a vote at all.

Waves.support

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2018, 04:19:20 PM

Don't get me wrong, I love Waves and now hold alot because it's a steal at this price. But I'm just saying what others are thinking, and no answers are forthcoming... I believe my posts are thoughtful and intelligent, and I genuinely hope that Waves can clean up its act.

I'll have to disagree with you there. What's the difference between accepting 1 ERC20 token or 10 ERC20 tokens? When the work is done for 1, 99% of the work is done for all. That's the whole point of ERC20 tokens.

You missed the whole point of my post. It's that the voting is centralized and not on the blockchain. Waves can make up votes if it wants, and have them appear on that list, to force whatever token they want to win. Hence, no point in that vote. To have a proper vote, it needs to be on the blockchain. Eg, send any minimal amount of Waves to a certain address that corresponds to your vote. That's how I've seen other votes be done in the past. Other projects using Waves tokens are looking at how Waves itself does things, and this is not the correct way to hold a vote at all.

More clarifications concerning your questions about ERC20 voting will be announced in our social media such as Twitter: https://twitter.com/wavesplatform and Telegram news and announcements channel: https://t.me/wavesnews
in the near future. Kindly rely on your patience and understanding.
But I mean, what's the point for the whole platform to be engaded in falsification of the voting results if someone can discover his wallet in this list?
This is an unjustifiable risk for the whole project.

Kind regards,
Waves Community Manager
lofegs

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 06:44:22 PM

More clarifications concerning your questions about ERC20 voting will be announced in our social media such as Twitter: https://twitter.com/wavesplatform and Telegram news and announcements channel: https://t.me/wavesnews
But I mean, what's the point for the whole platform to be engaded in falsification of the voting results if someone can discover his wallet in this list?

Kind regards,
Waves Community Manager

To be honest I also didn't get this part "What's the difference between accepting 1 ERC20 token or 10 ERC20 tokens?"

And who will be the gateway provider? Coinomat?
The last thing, voting will end around at the end of the month. So smart contract should be on the mainnet. Wouldn't atomic swap more logical?

Waves.support

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2018, 07:09:50 PM

Greetings!

Wow two consecutive fud posts! This guy is trying hard.  Grin Grin Grin

Kind regards,
Waves Community Manager

To be honest I also didn't get this part "What's the difference between accepting 1 ERC20 token or 10 ERC20 tokens?"

And who will be the gateway provider? Coinomat?
The last thing, voting will end around at the end of the month. So smart contract should be on the mainnet. Wouldn't atomic swap more logical?

Thank you for your questions, they are really interesting, but unfortunately there is no any additional information except this one on Waves news channels. Smart contracts should appear on the mainnet in August, but no 100% guarantee, as the devs are working on the product that is supposed to be secure and stable, the time is needed for testing it well. Atomic swap is logical, but is going to be implemented in Q4 only.

Best wishes,
Waves Community manager.
Mallyx

Activity: 1139
Merit: 574

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 07:48:19 AM

Best wishes,
Waves Community Manager

This is an indirect answer to one of my questions: with atomic swap you can swap any ERC20 token Grin
That's fantastic because it's kinda merging the both blockchain, Waves will be part of ETH, and ETH part of Waves.

I can't wait Grin

Btw, I think working on a gateway is a waste of time. Q4 isn't that far away.
estenity

Activity: 1918
Merit: 535

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 08:52:07 AM

a much bigger project for waves? says Shasha

https://twitter.com/sasha35625
irwanjabryg

Activity: 980
Merit: 512

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 09:24:31 AM

We're still seeing DEX errors and our project participants are seeing DEX errors. Account balances not showing, buy and sell orders not showing, unable to place by and sell orders. But community manager stated above DEX is now functional. Can we confirm DEX is working 100% now? This way we can check and see if the problem is something else. Thank you!
mandibleclaw

Activity: 532
Merit: 50

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 09:34:57 AM

Fall 2018
- Vostok launch
- NTC contracts launch

Winter 2019
- Waves side-chains

What have you been drinking bro? It's a three years roadmap, did you see any roadmap that go for any longer? And "Moving on" means nothing, can mean that they will rebuild Waves from scratch if they find a better solution then the actual one, I see no problems at all lol. Like Ark which is building the new core from scratch, doesn't mean that Ark will be left to die lol

Waves.support

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2018, 09:42:49 AM

We're still seeing DEX errors and our project participants are seeing DEX errors. Account balances not showing, buy and sell orders not showing, unable to place by and sell orders. But community manager stated above DEX is now functional. Can we confirm DEX is working 100% now? This way we can check and see if the problem is something else. Thank you!

Hello! The team is aware of some of the complexities of certain customers when using the exchange. The team is actively working to resolve these difficulties from the inside. Follow the news at https://t.me/wavesnews and wait of the completion of testing and updates. Please keep patience and let the team work and make this innovative product better and more reliable.

Kind regards,
Waves Community Support
hush

Activity: 1288
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 09:47:52 AM

a much bigger project for waves? says Shasha

https://twitter.com/sasha35625

No doubt Shahsha is very talented person with good experience in this failed but this is true Waves is far away from adoption. There is no big project being developed on this platform and all start up turned into scam this is not a good sign for this project.
Pages: « 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 [137] 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 ... 406 »
  Print  

Jump to: