Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:28:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitstamp - how long do large withdrawals take?  (Read 3588 times)
mr_random (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 05:55:07 PM

I have to make a withdrawal from bitstamp, about 200 bitcoins. I have about 400 bitcoins on there in total.

Does anyone know how long they take to cash out to my bitcoin wallet? It says large withdrawals can take up to 24 hours due to manual orders and I need these urgently, hopefully within the next 6 hours.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 11:07:51 PM

I have to make a withdrawal from bitstamp, about 200 bitcoins. I have about 400 bitcoins on there in total.

Pro tip: If you have at least twice as many BTCs in your BitStamp wallet as you need to withdraw, put in a withdraw request now to a local wallet (e.g., Bitcoin-Qt), and within minutes you'll know if it is instant or delayed.  Maybe start out with like 15 BTC and then work your way up until you have all that you need withdrawn.  Then once they are in your own local wallet you have the control over sending them at your convenience.

In a worst-case scenario where your withdrawal gets queued, then I believe BITSTAMP has redeemable codes (coupons they call them), which you could probably do a trade.  You send someone a BITSTAMP redeemable code, and they send to you bitcoins.  The person redeeming your coupon gets the BTCs credited right away and you get the BTCs from the person you did the deal with.

Of course, you would only want to do this with a trusted counterparty, presuming you are asked to send first.  Since there are no fees for the redemable codes (coupons), using an escrow is both easy and affordable for something like this.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Turanjian

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 04:07:51 AM

I have been waiting on my last wire transfer withdrawal for almost a week now. You have to wonder if Bitstamp is going the route of Mt. Gox.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: