Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:15:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Megabigpower failed to meed October delivery deadline - refunds?  (Read 1674 times)
noncecents (OP)

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 09:56:58 PM

Hello all,

Did anyone buy hardware from Megabigpower for delivery in October?

If so have you successfully contacted them about refunding the difference between an October and December delivery?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
davecoin

Activity: 816
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 03:24:26 AM

Here's the thread where buzzdave posts updates:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=251966.3460

Not sure what you mean by December delivery...
noncecents (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 06:44:54 PM

I didn't say anything about December delivery.

That said, I did get a response when I put in a refund request using Megabigpower's refund request form on their merchant app.

They said they are processing my refund request now.
beavertank

Activity: 94

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 09:45:12 PM

...have you successfully contacted them about refunding the difference between an October and December delivery?

I didn't say anything about December delivery.

wat

Did I help you out, or otherwise say something useful? A handful of satoshis are a great way to say thanks! - Address: 18JUKdmE1Satf8HJUU3pf7iu5ymQX8AzER
frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2013, 06:45:21 AM

MBP seems to cherry pick when they want to issue refunds so that they can issue them at a sky high price against USD so you receive half to 1/3rd of the btc paid to them.  I'd like to see my refund processed soon and I feel like the shipping delays were somewhat out of their control but this isnt.

noncecents (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 07:05:17 PM

I paid via wire transfer.

Honestly I feel that paying for anything with BTC is just stupid. I only use it for exchange for other currencies due to its volatility.
ericdc30

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 08:40:00 PM

I am still waiting for my tracking number. So my order hasn't been shipped. Buzzdave is providing updates and they are shipping. I would give them a few days.

It's true that we are losing lots of money every day but they over-delivered on the performance so it compensates.
noncecents (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 10:42:55 PM

I needed to receive the hardware in October to ROI. I did not, so I need a refund.

To keep waiting would be to say you want to lose money.
ericdc30

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 03:48:09 AM

I needed to receive the hardware in October to ROI. I did not, so I need a refund.

To keep waiting would be to say you want to lose money.

Once the difficulty reaches 2B it will slow down and grow linearly instead of exponentially. So we will probably see a ROI if you have access to cheap electricity.

Anyhow let me know if you get your refund.
noncecents (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 07:45:09 AM

Here's a follow up with more information about how the refund process went.

I wanted to let you all know about my experience so you won't make my mistake.

On 9/16/2013 I wired $8,000 to:

Enterprise Focus, Inc.
4728 Commercial Ave
Everett, WA 98203

The payment was for their product "BitFury 400G Bitcoin Mining Hardware".

The product description stated that the item was to be delivered in October.

On 10/30/2013 I contacted megabigpower using the contact form on their website to request a refund because the product had not been delivered by the promised date.

I received this reply from Kat Huntley:

---
I received your request for a refund.  It looks like you originally sent a bank transfer as the method of payment - in order to do the refund we will need your banking information (account #, routing number, name and address of your bank, etc.).  As soon as we receive that information I will send in a request for a refund.  In the meantime, your order has been marked as "refund pending" in our system, so your product will not be shipped out by mistake.
---

I provided the bank account information (odd that they would ask for that, you'd think they'd have that since I had previously wired them 8 grand).

On 11/7/2013 I had not received the refund so I emailed Kat:

---
I haven't received the funds in my partner's bank account yet so I'm growing concerned.

Others are messaging me on bitcointalk and asking me if I got my refund because they didn't either.

I would like to be able to tell them I got my refund so they won't be so worried.
---

I received this reply:

---
I talked with Dave about this earlier.  He has to physically go down to the bank to initiate a wire transfer and is hoping to be able to take care of a couple of pending ones that he has within the next couple of days.
---

I don't see how this is my problem. The man owes me 8 grand. If he has to fly in on an ornothopter he'd damn well better get it done.

I did not receive the refund, and after a week I wrote to Kat again:

---
It has been a week and we have not heard back from you regarding the refund.

This is a big deal. My partner and I need Dave to go to the bank today and do the wire transfer to my partner's account.

Please confirm that you have received this communication by email or phone today.
---

Kat replied the following day:

---
Dave will get to the bank as soon as he can so that he can take care of this.  I'm sorry for the delay.
---

We did not receive any contact from the company after that until 12/2/2013, despite my partner informing both Dave (the owner and CEO of the company) and Kat that he intended to file a police report and follow up with a lawsuit if needed.

From 12/7/2013 to 1/22/2017 emails went back and forth between me and Dave with Dave providing various excuses why he had not wired the money back to me:

1. He didn't like my partner's threatening tone.
2. It was the holidays and he wasn't able to get to the bank.
3. The bank had rejected the wire transfer (twice).

After excuse #3 I called Dave's bank to see if he had initiated a wire transfer. The bank said the wire transfer ID provided was invalid and probably had been fabricated.

On the 22nd Dave replied that he had sent the wire transfer again, and a few days later I received the funds in my bank account.

So, to summarize:

I placed my order in early September for delivery in October. At the end of October I requested a refund, which I did not receive until January, three months later.

I was messaged privately by another of the company's customers who told me they never received delivery of the product they ordered and as far as I know they did not receive a refund either.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: