Bitcoin Forum
September 22, 2018, 04:22:15 AM *
News: ♦♦ New info! Bitcoin Core users absolutely must upgrade to previously-announced 0.16.3 [Torrent]. All Bitcoin users should temporarily trust confirmations slightly less. More info.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 157 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Losing money  (Read 10484 times)
TACryptoo

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 10:50:26 PM

there is one thing I do not understand . How can you lose money while investing in long term ?
I read people saying they lost their money.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
atliens99

Activity: 322
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 10:53:10 PM

You don't actually lose anything until you sell. Its just people that are in panic that only think short term instead of long term.

nakauten

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 10:54:18 PM

there is one thing I do not understand . How can you lose money while investing in long term ?
Probably because they are doing panic selling,holding wont be effective when you are holding shitcoins or whenever the market has started to fail you are selling your coins in panic,that is stupidity if you are a long term investor you should know the risk of the market,the high volatility which makes the market upside down,rise and fall all of a sudden.

Adunni6758

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

“Extended Reality Advertising”

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2018, 11:04:06 PM

The fear of the present state of market makes some people to say that. Imagine someone that plans holding for long, now looks at the market and sees that there is bearish market. Even when he did not plan to sell now, looking at the state of things, he feels he has lost. Then the fear might make him to sell in haste and in the process he might truly loose.
To his amazement, if he sells immediately and come back the next day to see that the prices have been brought to normal. That is what fear can do.
Even if things are not working as suppose, hold.

T R I V V E R  ǁ  https://www.trivver.com/t  ǁ  Token Sale Live!
Extended Reality Advertising Platform
boboyboi

Activity: 151

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 11:08:49 PM

You lose your money if you let it to happen,when price is so low then you sell what you have then you really lose your coins but if you want to have gain,then waiting sometimes is rational and panic selling is the cause of losing the value of what you are dreaming of,try to hold and wait so you wont say "I lose my money".
Endikadija

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 11:11:16 PM

They are comparing their initial investment with the result after this big bearish happened. And then as a result of they are losing a lot of their initial investment after they were calculating it. But they are forgetting to realize if they are investing in the long-term investment. i can say the majority of people feeling panic due to the big crash these weeks. It's easy to understand how the majority of people are complaining about that.

██
                        ████
                     ████  ██████
                   ███           ███
                     ████  █        ███   
              ██        ████             
             ██           ██            ███
            ██                         ██ ██
            ██        ███     ███     ██   ██
            ██        ███     ███    ██     ██
        █████  ████   ███     ███   ████  █████
         ██     ██    ███     ███         ██
          ██   ██      ▀███████▀         ██
           ██ ██                         ██
            ███            ██           ██
                           ███         ██
                ███        █  ████
                   ███           ███
                      ██████  ████
                           ████
                           ██
Runit

🎲 Website
🎲 Whitepaper
🎲 Telegram 
🎲 Bitcointalk
🎲 Twitter
🎲 Facebook 
lukmandog

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

UBECOIN

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2018, 11:11:41 PM

I guess it refers to the current price is below the price when they buy. they keep panicking with the price that still continues dropping. and they keep checking the price every day or even our.  Grin they will be saying they lost their money when they know the price is still below although they have not sold it.  Grin

UBECOIN
█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█
PaPog

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 11:12:41 PM

It's because everything can happen in cryptospace, the altcoin even can multiply about 100times, also the opposite, that's why people can lose their money while they're investing in a long-term investment, there's no 100% sure in cryptospace
ldah94

Activity: 350
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 11:15:54 PM

the only way to lose money is to sell your investment at a price below what you bought, so we must be calm and not despair until selling at a price higher than the purchase

Neluns
♦ New Generation Financial Ecosystem ♦
Pre-sale on Aug, 1
BossMacko

Activity: 966
Merit: 502

Dice>Monthly Competition>BTC,ETH,LTC>Click my Sig

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 11:29:17 PM

Its normal that you will see a lot of that here because they always panic everytime they see the value of Bitcoin decrease but again if you are investing long term you need to set your mind that you will only sell your coin when you will get profit.

coinholic

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2018, 11:31:29 PM

That’s because they may have sold at a low. You won’t lose anything if you will not sell at a price lower than your entry price. That’s just basic trading principle which many of us still don’t understand. If only they learn to hold on to their coins, then they’ll understand this principle. But some people are just too stubborn in learning and so they lose a lot in the process.

Herp-a-derp

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2018, 11:33:35 PM

Depending on how long you are going to invest.
Of course, someday this coin will grow and if you can wait for it, then you will be successful  Smiley

DAEX THE CLEARING SOLUTION FOR CENTRALIZED
CRYPTOCURRENCY TRADING EXCHANGES
|ANN
WHITEPAPER
BOUNTY
TELEGRAM
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
|DAEX PUBLIC SALE STARTS
September 9 JOIN NOW!
dipan30343456

Activity: 67

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 11:34:59 PM

Long time investment the only digital cryptographic currency BTC can make money!

Other digital cryptocurrency functions profit in a short time!

Now BTC's price is very low, can buy some long-term hold! It's going to make money!
Encelad

Activity: 294
Merit: 106

Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 11:39:46 PM

Panic sale of assets can lead to sad consequences. The market is very young, so this volatility is simply inevitable. The main thing is not to panic.

The Deal Coin      BLOCKCHAIN LENDING PLATFORM                   
FACEBOOK     PRE-SALE | March 26th  ]     TWITTER     [ CROWDSALE | April 16th ]     TELEGRAM
ANN THREAD          ⚫          BOUNTY THREAD          ⚫          WHITEPAPER
cryptocue

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 11:41:36 PM

These people are too weak,they should be emotionless when it comes to the market ups and downs because long term investments needs a lot of patience because it will only be effective when you arent selling your coins whenever the market has started to fail.Holding will only be effective when you are holding good quality long term coins,holding shitcoins wont give you any good outcome even if you hold em for decades.

Tankdestroyer

Activity: 476
Merit: 107

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 11:45:06 PM

You only lose your money when you have sold what you hold lower than the price it had when you bought it. In case of long term investment, you only lose some money if you sell it low, or if it got stolen from you. If not, then you have not lost your money, it is still with you and it might have had some gains. For this reason, I encourage everyone to not hold a certain coin for a prolonged period of time. Just set a target price and sell when it reached your target.
lyons

Activity: 294

Vertex.Market, the World's First ICO Aftermarket

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 12:00:05 AM

If you check the tables, you can understand that what the traders try to mean. The prices are too low now, and the holders are so stressful. Actually, if the holders be patient for high prices, they don't lose their money, that's all.

babay_ko

Activity: 166

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 12:08:23 AM

A lot of people in panic right now and they sell their coins and tokens,if you know you don't lose your money until you sold your something.

12retepnat34

Activity: 303
Merit: 100

“The Organic Growth Token”

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 11:13:21 PM

If you invest on crypto just keep positive, you can hold it when the value is down or do a day to day trading to fill the gap of your loss, if your not good in trading then hold and wait for a while, every crypto will also rise its value.

KitToken                         
                                         Utility * Organic Growth * Sharing                                         
▔  Whitepaper  TelegramTwitterFacebookYoutubeMedium   Announce  ▔
BADBITCH

Activity: 224
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2018, 11:24:52 PM

It could be termed this way
If you bought btc while it was 18000$ and
Now btc is at 7000$

It is a dip in market but a loss for you
In terms of money invested when btc was 18000$

//  ✩ RAINCHECK.ORG  //  Pre-sale is now in progress!   //
 A Global Loyalty & Rewards Points Exchange Aggregator Powered by Stellar
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 157 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.