Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2017, 03:32:07 PM *
News: If the forum does not load normally for you, please send me a traceroute.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Carts for Coins Update Thread(8.4.2011)  (Read 6741 times)
logansryche

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 27, 2011, 08:25:22 AM

Want to build a store but know nothing about cart software or what's needed to accept bitcoins as payment? I can build such sites. Not everyone knows how to build these sites and/or set them up to run correctly. My rates are reasonable and my work is professional.

PM me and I'll get back to you with a quote.

-Matt

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NothinG

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 27, 2011, 09:59:49 AM

Try:
http://oscommerce.com/ (v2.3)
with...
http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8007

logansryche

View Profile
July 27, 2011, 01:47:47 PM

I've actually found OSCommerce to be very hard to set up and run correctly, and the service is for those who know little to nothing about setting up such software. My rates are really reasonable.
error

Activity: 574

View Profile
July 27, 2011, 07:22:07 PM

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Category:Shopping_Cart_Interfaces

15UFyv6kfWgq83Pp3yhXPr8rknv9m6581W
logansryche

View Profile
July 27, 2011, 07:43:52 PM

I think folks are missing the point in what I'm trying to do lol...

Lets say a cx wants to open an online store and wants to name it bitblockers.com.
Lets say that cx doesn't know anything about which cart to use or how to go about setting anything up.
This is where I come in. I have the knowledge and resources to sit down with the cx and choose which cart & modules best fit what they want to do.

To do all of this, I would charge a small one time flat fee of 1.8662 BTC. This covers setting up the domain & the server.
Then, I would charge an even smaller hourly rate of 0.2152 BTC. This covers loading the cart software onto the server, setting up mysql correctly, install any necessary/requested modules, and add anything else requested for the site(logos, banners, code changes,etc...)
From there I show the cx how to add products and categorys and how to run their site simply and effecienty.

I already have cart software for my own use, I used opencart for thebitcardstore.com
I figured I would help other folks out since I get the random request one or twice a week by PM.

-Matt
NothinG

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 27, 2011, 07:51:24 PM

Sorry, when I first posted my eye was killing me and about 5 in the morning.
Just re-read your post and your offering a service. Smiley

logansryche

View Profile
July 27, 2011, 07:52:20 PM

I am, and I've been there many times.
I apologise if I've confused anyone.
mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1134

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2011, 11:43:12 AM

Sorry, when I first posted my eye was killing me and about 5 in the morning.
Just re-read your post and your offering a service. Smiley

"and that was the hour my contacts were at lenscrafters" lmao

I had a web store set up by logansryche today and it was a great service indeed.  Now I need to populate it with inventory.

Edit: Days after I changed all the passwords he says he spent 7 hours on the web site, even though ZERO changes were made and the whole site, he says I owe him 7 hours worth of work!  I paid UP FRONT and he says my payment was pre-contract and the payment was merely a gift and "doesn't count" towards the final bill.  He said it would be approximately 2 hours worth of work, @ 0.21 BTC per hour, so I paid him 0.4 BTC in advance, and within 2 hours the site (which is a free service btw, you can download a 'carts for coins' here for free and upload it yourself without paying anyone) was completed and I was impressed. 

Instead of giving him the password and then going to bed, I made sure I sent him the password as soon as he messaged me back so I knew he only had the password at a time when I knew he was at the computer. I gave him the password at around 9:45PM on the 28th, and at 12:23AM on the 29th (few hours later) he said "ok.. got all of the sorterd out... before i forget, did you want it to point to the cart when you go to impossibledecals.com or when you go to the site and click on store." I told him the whole thing looks great.  He says, "thank you, thank you.. i'll setcha up with a pdf of where and how to add inventory. it's quite simple."

I mean, I had already paid for the work in advance, and he said thanks.. I left him a trader feedback point on my site and said he should leave me one too, he left one saying "pleasure to work with."

Isn't this end of story?  I came on his thread here on bitcoin forum and left a "wow great service!" comment... 

He tells me "I contacted the creator of the bitcoin module to see what's going on with it, because that's just rediculas >.< Also, go look at the site in the meantime and see if everything's the way you want it and let me know if there's anything you want changed.  In the meantime, this is where I get off.  G'night."

Because there was a problem with the bitcoin module, the module that he uses on his own site, and I suppose the "coins" part of the "carts for coins."  Note the text "let me know if there's anything you want changed."  and at this point, all the passwords have long been changed.

He tells me now I have to pay HIM an hourly rate for him to rewrite the "carts for coins" plugin because it doesn't work.  The original offering, "carts for coins," is broken and he wants me to pay him for his time trying to fix it.  Then he tells me my .4 BTC was not anything more than a gift.  A token of appreciation.  "you paid me .4 to start that was out of contract and wasn't discussed before hand. It cannot be counted." and then I asked for clarification... "Well it was gaven without discussing it or it being included in the contract.
I can't clearly say it was part of the overall payment."

That's sort of like someone selling you a car that runs on magical fuel.  And then you pay in advance for the car at the quoted estimate, and then you get the keys and it doesn't work on magical fuel, it runs on regular gas.  But you have to pay a chemist research and development to get the magical fuel working, but of course the end-user will pay for that, and his car payments went towards buying coffee while he works on the magical recipe.  And as soon as he gets the recipe working, he's going to use it in his own car and all additional cars that he builds.  But the end user of the 1st car sold has to pay for the recipe.

I have absolutely no problem paying someone to do work for me.  Hell, even if he came to me and said I owed him an extra .1 or something because he went a little overboard, but the web site was completed in the time allowed and he wants me to pay him an additional 1.5 BTC because my .4 was a gift and he spent 7 hours working on the site which he had no access to AND if I pay him the 1.5 BTC, the site doesn't even work with bitcoin like we said originally.  And can I add, that while he was waiting for the software to be loaded on my server, he had time to bust out photoshop and made a banner for me for some reason.

I'd love to see some comments on your opinions.  I hope this is not too biased but seriously, this dude is trying to hustle me outta money and he thinks that I give a rats ass.  "let me know if you want any changes made" becomes "you owe me for 7 hours labor."

logansryche

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 05:07:32 PM

Ok firstly, when you ban someone from a forum it makes it hard to contact you but whatever. Because Bravenet uploads files in chunks under 30mb externally, it took me 3 1/2 hours to upload Open Cart and 2 modules(one of them being for bitcoin). Now then.. the last 3 1/2 hours were spent setting up the site, adding banners, making sure the currency tables were set, and trying to get the bitcoin module working since mybitcoin.com decided to mysteriously vanish. The written contract I have and you agreed to stated that I would build you a site, get the necessary modules downloaded and installed, and add any banners, images, logo's etc to the site. You asked me in the very begining how long it would take to get the core parts up and running. I said on average it would take me 2 hours to get the open cart files loaded onto the server and mysql working right. I never said that it would take exactly 2 hours to get the site running.

And for the record, I did get in touch with Tabsa and he said that he's in the process of writing a module for Mt. Gox and that I'd need them to grant api acess(another email sent to mt gox). In the meantime, it's taken a total of 7 hours worth of work. I spent more then that trying to fix the module(tried rewriting it twice and failed). The .4 btc you gave me you said was to get me started. It wasn't discussed before hand and wasn't written into the contract so I can not accept that as payment towards the total bill. I thought I was working a good deal here, but all it seems now is that you wanted a professional running website for really cheap. You still need to pay me for my work sir.

Here's the contract that was signed and agreed to

mc_lovin
Legendary

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 05:46:38 PM

Ok firstly, when you ban someone from a forum it makes it hard to contact you but whatever. Because Bravenet uploads files in chunks under 30mb externally, it took me 3 1/2 hours to upload Open Cart and 2 modules(one of them being for bitcoin). Now then.. the last 3 1/2 hours were spent setting up the site, adding banners, making sure the currency tables were set, and trying to get the bitcoin module working since mybitcoin.com decided to mysteriously vanish. The written contract I have and you agreed to stated that I would build you a site, get the necessary modules downloaded and installed, and add any banners, images, logo's etc to the site. You asked me in the very begining how long it would take to get the core parts up and running. I said on average it would take me 2 hours to get the open cart files loaded onto the server and mysql working right. I never said that it would take exactly 2 hours to get the site running.

And for the record, I did get in touch with Tabsa and he said that he's in the process of writing a module for Mt. Gox and that I'd need them to grant api acess(another email sent to mt gox). In the meantime, it's taken a total of 7 hours worth of work. I spent more then that trying to fix the module(tried rewriting it twice and failed). The .4 btc you gave me you said was to get me started. It wasn't discussed before hand and wasn't written into the contract so I can not accept that as payment towards the total bill. I thought I was working a good deal here, but all it seems now is that you wanted a professional running website for really cheap. You still need to pay me for my work sir.
So from 9:30 to midnight you said "ok.. got all of the sorterd out... before i forget, did you want it to point to the cart when you go to impossibledecals.com or when you go to the site and click on store." and you say it took 7 hours?  Everything was good to go.  The work you did on the plugin module is supposed to show up on my bill?  I thought the plugin module was working, as per my inquiry on getting it in the first place.  You don't even have a working module for yourself, why am I paying you to develop one?  What about if someone else wants to buy your service, would you give them the same plugin module I pay you to develop, or do I own that work for my own use and not yours? 

logansryche

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 06:00:32 PM

If Tabsa right now tossed me a plugin for mt gox, you'd get that free of charge(but now i'm not so sure you want it by your attitude). With a useless plugin, I would not accept any more work till the plugin's fixed. AND if you would have just paid the other fee and let me host everything from the begining, you would have had a cart up and running in 3 hours but because of free services like Bravenet and X10 Hosting, they limit what I can upload at a time. Not my fault, but the meter still runs during that time.

Technically I did fulfill every part of the contract.

1. Work to be Done
               a. Domain and webspace be created.
               b. Install MySQL, PHP, and(or) any additional server software.
               c. Install shopping cart software, modules and(or) any requested/required items(including
                    inventory, banners, logos, etc…).
               d. Make sure all communication between the domain and the webspace is operating smoothly
                    as a professional website does.
               e. Explain to customer(s) how the inventory system works(how items, categories, and other
                    items function).

This was taken from the first part of the contract as stated. Yes I used photoshop for the banners because it needed it(photoshop version 7 if anyone wants to know). The site as it sits while can not accept bitcoins until Tabsa writes me a plugin, can accept canadian dollars(default currency). You're digging yourself a deeper hole my friend. The outcome is still the same: 7 hours of work @ 0.2152 btc = 1.5064 btc. You still owe me 1.5064 btc for work done.
mc_lovin
Legendary

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 06:04:17 PM

You still owe me 1.5064 btc for work done.
See, that's exactly why I got sour.  You think the .4 BTC I paid was simply a gift.  Why is this so? 

mc_lovin
Legendary

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 06:06:25 PM

because of free services like Bravenet and X10 Hosting
Bravenet is surely not a free hosting site, I pay for it every month, and where did you get this X10 Hosting?  I am not using this whatsoever.

logansryche

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 06:09:09 PM

Because it wasn't discussed in the contract! You never said "hey Matt, I'm giving you .4 btc towards the bill ok?" You just said "here's .4 btc to get you started." as if done as an incentive for me to get started and finnished faster(which was lost transfering it to virwox, but that's my fault).

Bravent is free, maybe not the package youre paying for. http://Http://www.x10hosting.com is the hosting site I was with before I went dot com. They hide mysql acess and limit php support so I left them. Point still valid: Bravenet was only allowing me to upload the files in chunks of 30mb. Not my fault. Bottom line is still the same sir.
logansryche

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 06:28:45 PM

True, but even if i took off .4 btc... that'd still leave 1.1064 btc to be owed for contract fulfillment.
I'm also mining like mad to get my coins back that got lost(not your fault).
mc_lovin
Legendary

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 06:45:14 PM

Including all the pictures and software and the store and all that fun stuff, i'm using 55MB of my hosting on impossibledecals.com.  So I don't know what you mean by 30MB chunks, so like, 2 chunks?

I just uploaded opencart to another bravenet domain of mine to see how long it took.  I took a freezcam video of the whole upload process (just the opencart software, no plugins) but since it took you 3.5 hours do you care to guess how long it took me?

logansryche

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 06:55:21 PM

I could care less how long it took you to upload it. Too many varibles from programs used, to hosting packages to time of day uploaded... hope you tested opencart 1.5.1.1 because that's what I used(by itself weighs in at 100mb uploaded) plus 2 modules back to back. I've already agreed to accept the .4 as a prepayment to the total bill making the ending payment 1.1064 btc.

I'm using SmartFTP(been soo since it was in beta) and when it came to uploading files to bravenet, it sent them in partitions of 30mb(so it was more like, it sent 30mb, stopped for a few to process, send 30 more mb, stop for a few... you get the point).
logansryche

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 06:58:18 PM

the contract says :

c. Install shopping cart software, modules and(or) any requested/required items(including inventory, banners, logos, etc…).
d. Make sure all communication between the domain and the webspace is operating smoothly as a professional website does.

A shopping cart was installed, but it no longer works. C & D are no longer fulfilled.

7 hours of work was done, while logansryche had no access to mc_lovin's website since he changed all the passwords.

If the above is true, the question then is what was done in those 7 hours when there was no access to mc_lovin's site.

A is irrelavent since you chose your own host over mine.
B: mysql was set up correctly for this cart
C: shopping cart was installed and does work(go to www.impossibledecals.com/store2 if you dont believe me), logos were uploaded. Only thing you have to do is add inventory and I sent you a pdg on how to do that.
D: communication between the site impossibledecals.com/store2 and the webspace does indeed work unless you deleted it.
mc_lovin
Legendary

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 06:58:24 PM

I could care less how long it took you to upload it. Too many varibles from programs used, to hosting packages to time of day uploaded... hope you tested opencart 1.5.1.1 because that's what I used(by itself weighs in at 100mb uploaded) plus 2 modules back to back. I've already agreed to accept the .4 as a prepayment to the total bill making the ending payment 1.1064 btc.

I'm using SmartFTP(been soo since it was in beta) and when it came to uploading files to bravenet, it sent them in partitions of 30mb(so it was more like, it sent 30mb, stopped for a few to process, send 30 more mb, stop for a few... you get the point).
100MB ?  Because my WHOLE site takes 55MB after all my images.

logansryche

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 07:00:11 PM

point? still didn't say what version you tested as i know for a face 1.4.9 is less then 50mb.
mc_lovin
Legendary

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 07:01:31 PM

1.5.1.1 the latest version off the site.  It's an 8.2MB RAR file that unpacks to 22.8MB.

logansryche

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 07:05:15 PM

No, i'm sorry it's not. it unpacks to 100mb(did it a few minutes ago).
I still think you wanted a cart for cheap and are pulling all of these things out of thin air to discredit me. I fulfilled the contract, you did not. Please pay me. I don't have time to sit here and argue every point I worked on your site.
mc_lovin
Legendary

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 07:12:21 PM

No, i'm sorry it's not. it unpacks to 100mb(did it a few minutes ago).
I still think you wanted a cart for cheap and are pulling all of these things out of thin air to discredit me. I fulfilled the contract, you did not. Please pay me. I don't have time to sit here and argue every point I worked on your site.
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route=download/download

^ that right there is the download link. top download is 1.5.1.1, it's an 8.2MB file that uncompresses to 22.8MB. 

How is your version 100MB?  Like, I could be wrong, you might have a special version, but right off the main page is 1.5.1.1...

mc_lovin
Legendary

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 07:20:32 PM

http://impossibledecals.com/video/up.avi

^ that's a freezcam of how long it takes to upload 22.8MB to bravenet.  I have unlimited bandwidth so anyone can download that (its <12MB).

in the installation instructions, it says "

-------
INSTALL
-------

1. Upload all the files and folders to your server from the "Upload" folder.
   This can be to anywhere of your choice.

So it's not like i'm not doing this right.  Upload those 22.8MB worth of files and then Follow the onscreen instructions.

logansryche

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 07:21:58 PM

the version of open cart i got for your site with both modules came in to 150mb. How bravenet is displaying otherwise is beyond me. I've already apologised several times for the plugin not working(which isn't my fault), and taken .4 btc you sent me as prepayment. The bottom line is I spent 7 hours to get your site up and running and it is. The site has content, you can go to it, you can buy the items in canadian dollars.. the only thing it can not do is accept bitcoins(which again, is not my fault). In the real world, I would have charged you for all labor included, not just what I put into the site. Why? Because that's the way it works here, but I'm not charging you for all labor put into trying to find another plugin or trying to reqrite the plugin twice or trying to find another cart software that accepts bitcoins the way that one does. I charged you for all work done to the site for getting it up and running. It's not my fault you don't like the numbers, but facts are facts. I think you should honor it, pay me, and be done with it because after this.. i'm going back to bitcoin mining and saying effit to services like this because of people like you that don't like the numbers.

BTW: Your video didnt work.
mc_lovin
Legendary

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 07:25:12 PM

pulling all of these things out of thin air
lol.

so. 

this payment module?  unzipped it's 56k.  so which other module makes up the missing 100+MB.

logansryche

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 07:27:05 PM

a web of trust plugin that was written for me by a friend that allows your site to be in good standing with visitors so they don't say your site is fake.

Anyone else care to take a stab at me while the wounds are still fresh?
mc_lovin
Legendary

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 07:29:20 PM

people like you that don't like the numbers.
I like numbers.  Accurate numbers.  At midnight we changed the password, and you said to let you know if we wanted anything changed.  Well, that's like 3 hours after you got the password in the first places, so in no possible manner could you have done 7 hours worth of work to the site.
Install k-lite

logansryche

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 07:31:58 PM

people like you that don't like the numbers.
I like numbers.  Accurate numbers.  At midnight we changed the password, and you said to let you know if we wanted anything changed.  Well, that's like 3 hours after you got the password in the first places, so in no possible manner could you have done 7 hours worth of work to the site.
Install k-lite

Sorry, not going to download something to my computer I know nothing about. So then let me ask you: what do you want to do to solve this problem? It's obvious you have your points and I have mine and all it's doing is creating a compiling argument.
logansryche

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 07:46:11 PM

I would like to get others opinions on this.. I know I did 7 hours of work into this site and have the sticky next to my pc i wrote all the hours down on.
mc_lovin
Legendary

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 07:46:59 PM

Well since at 12:30 i changed the passwords and whatnot and there was no actual work done past that point, i'd offer 0.15 btc to cover the difference.

edit: so just briefly, after you said "you got that all sorted out", which work was done.

logansryche

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 07:51:17 PM

the hours i have on this sticky are as follows.
I'd upload an image but have no scanner.

10:25p-11:25p
11:25p-12:25p
12:25p-1:25a
1:25a-2:25a
2:25a-3:25a
3:25a-4:25a
4:25a-5:25a

so yes, this is 7 hours worth of work. My wife can agree with me(desktop's in the bedroom, kept asking for cuddles,etc..). That is what's written on the sticky note.
senbonzakura

Activity: 602

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 07:57:25 PM

there is no way to verify that.

I would suggest in future not pay per hour. There is no way to know how much hours it has taken and with experience it could have taken less hours/faster.

I can offer interest - free loan to mc_lovin. You can pay me back in 1 week.

logansryche

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 08:00:44 PM

And here I thought building a contract would make me secure so stuff like this wouldn't happen -.-
mc_lovin
Legendary

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 08:06:59 PM

And here I thought building a contract would make me secure so stuff like this wouldn't happen -.-
Dude, I liked working with you, but if you worked on something all night you should tell the person.  What if you worked on it for 100 hours?  Would I have to pay for 100 hours?  7 hours seems a bit of a stretch, it took me 14 minutes to upload the software myself.  At the 3 hour mark, the software was all good to go.  If you spent a long time working on the plugin module, that should have been done before offering the service. 

logansryche

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 08:11:49 PM

Dude, I liked working with you, but if you worked on something all night you should tell the person.  What if you worked on it for 100 hours?  Would I have to pay for 100 hours?  7 hours seems a bit of a stretch, it took me 14 minutes to upload the software myself.  At the 3 hour mark, the software was all good to go.  If you spent a long time working on the plugin module, that should have been done before offering the service. 

No because no one forsaw mybitcoin.com going offline permantly, so yes.. i made an attempt to fix it. I put more then 100 hours in downtime to get that plugin to work and try different carts and plugins. Why? Because that's good business practice. Would I charge you for it? no because labor wasn't listed in the contract.
mc_lovin
Legendary

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 08:14:43 PM

The thing that I don't like, though, is bad numbers in a deal of numbers.

Opencart + modules = 150MB.  It's stretching the truth and saying the .4 was a gift (originally) that's what made me mad. 

logansryche

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 08:21:41 PM

The thing that I don't like, though, is bad numbers in a deal of numbers.

Opencart + modules = 150MB.  It's stretching the truth and saying the .4 was a gift (originally) that's what made me mad. 

Yeah.. and we worked around that. I agreed that I would accept .4 btc as a down payment towards the overall bill, but because i put as much time and effort into it, the price is still going to cost 1.1064
The ammount of labor I put into trying to fix that plugin costed way more then that. Sorry you don't like it, but it is the truth and I have several people to back me up on it(none on the forum), including my wife.
mc_lovin
Legendary

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 08:23:31 PM

offer: i'll give you 0.3 btc.  this is just because you tried your best.  your internet connection taking hours isn't my fault.  

logansryche

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 08:25:10 PM

No and it was stated in the contract that stuff like that I'm not responsible for. I should be fully compensated the 7 hours I put into it.
mc_lovin
Legendary

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 08:30:25 PM

No and it was stated in the contract that stuff like that I'm not responsible for. I should be fully compensated the 7 hours I put into it.
and I am still left w/o bitcoin module.

error

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 08:32:50 PM

There are a few things I don't quite understand here.

The first one is... 0.21 BTC per hour?!? That seems ridiculous. Was this a typo that was meant to be 2.1 BTC per hour?

logansryche

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 08:34:29 PM

I can't rush people, ya know? Ya might want to try and push yourself by sending mt gox an email or even tabsa an email.. i've done all I can do without sounding like an idiot. The other carts ive come across want you to run the bitcoin software on your computer or server and set up an rpc username and password. It confused me too much so I didn't look into it further. OS Commerce did have a bitcoin module but when you go to his page, it sends you a readme file instead of the actual module. I sent him an email as well. I also told you that when mt gox releases their merchant tools so tabsa can redo his module, you'd get it for free. I don't have any control over anything else.
logansryche

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 08:35:34 PM

I told you my hourly rate was 0.2152 btc/per hour and you agreed. That roughs out to $3 USD per hour. Way below what a website designer would charge you. No rounding.
error

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 08:37:23 PM

I told you my hourly rate was 0.2152 btc/per hour and you agreed. That roughs out to $3 USD per hour. Way below what a website designer would charge you. No rounding.

If I can give you some advice...NEVER offer such absurd discounts on your time. Always charge what you are worth. Otherwise you will get people who will not only waste your time but try to stiff you on the (meager) bill. You could not get me to look at a project like this for less than 6 BTC/hour.

logansryche

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 08:38:35 PM

you're right. Ok well if you want to go that route, then I put 5 hours into it instead of 7 due to internet latency. One more thing to add to a revised contract -.-
logansryche

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 08:40:32 PM

If I can give you some advice...NEVER offer such absurd discounts on your time. Always charge what you are worth. Otherwise you will get people who will not only waste your time but try to stiff you on the (meager) bill. You could not get me to look at a project like this for less than 6 BTC/hour.

I didn't want to come off as charging too much, but yeah my time is worth alot.
logansryche

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 08:45:16 PM

That's fair
mc_lovin
Legendary

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 08:45:45 PM

you're right. Ok well if you want to go that route, then I put 5 hours into it instead of 7 due to internet latency. One more thing to add to a revised contract -.-

ok i think that is reasonable.

0.2152 x 5 (hours) = 1.076

1.076 - 0.40 (deposit paid) = 0.676

pay logansryche 0.676 BTC

How about since the bitcoin module doesn't work, I pay 0.5 btc?  I think that's fair.

error

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 08:51:14 PM

I think my advice/suggestion is a contract for the whole project/job. Ask for full charge instead of paying per hour. With pay per hour, you would face problems like this current one. Some will charge you for just looking at your code and claiming they lost time and that their time is money.

Yes, a flat rate for the job is reasonable if it's short and obvious and nothing goes wrong. Installing a shopping cart probably qualifies. Making it work with Bitcoin probably doesn't. Smiley

logansryche

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 09:01:04 PM

And that was thing... when I first created my site over on x10hosting and then moved it over to dot com, everything was running smooth. Now suddenly mybitcoin.com is offline for good and I'm SOL, so I sought out the creator of the module and he said he couldn't make the module unless mt gox released acess to their merchant tools, so I sent an email off to mt gox for acess and have yet to hear a reply. I'll probly send them another one in the morning but the point here is now that i've put all this time and effort into this and all I'm getting is flack from the customer. Time is money and I do have other projects/bills to pay so I need to get this fixed asap.
mc_lovin
Legendary

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 09:04:41 PM

I think my advice/suggestion is a contract for the whole project/job. Ask for full charge instead of paying per hour. With pay per hour, you would face problems like this current one. Some will charge you for just looking at your code and claiming they lost time and that their time is money.

Yes, a flat rate for the job is reasonable if it's short and obvious and nothing goes wrong. Installing a shopping cart probably qualifies. Making it work with Bitcoin probably doesn't. Smiley
I agree..  I figured the quoted ~2 hours for the job and ~.2btc/h so i paid .4 thinking that it was like 90% paid for.  The dollar value for the difference is miniscule.  Now it's like, if I want a shopping cart for bitcoin I have to go somewhere else...  Pay someone else to do it.  I already told him in PM that the 1.5 BTC he asked for originally would be worth it for me to pay if the module was working.  And even still, it would be worth 1.5 BTC to me if the module did work.  It's very unfortunate that the module doesn't work. 

"Typical time to set up the cart software(getting it onto the server, setting up mysql,etc) typicaly runs 2 hours."

I just don't see where the hours went.  It's like, pre-made software, and the pluging module takes all of a moment to install. 

error

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 09:10:52 PM

I agree..  I figured the quoted ~2 hours for the job and ~.2btc/h so i paid .4 thinking that it was like 90% paid for.  The dollar value for the difference is miniscule.  Now it's like, if I want a shopping cart for bitcoin I have to go somewhere else...  Pay someone else to do it.  I already told him in PM that the 1.5 BTC he asked for originally would be worth it for me to pay if the module was working.  And even still, it would be worth 1.5 BTC to me if the module did work.  It's very unfortunate that the module doesn't work. 

"Typical time to set up the cart software(getting it onto the server, setting up mysql,etc) typicaly runs 2 hours."

I just don't see where the hours went.  It's like, pre-made software, and the pluging module takes all of a moment to install. 

And how is it his fault that MyBitcoin decides to go offline? It's starting to look to me like you just don't want to pay your bills.

mc_lovin
Legendary

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 09:18:52 PM

And how is it his fault that MyBitcoin decides to go offline? It's starting to look to me like you just don't want to pay your bills.
It's not his fault, this is a very unfortunate situation.  But I wouldn't have wanted a shopping cart in the first place if it didn't have bitcoin.  The argument i'm making is that he stretches figures around, like a 22MB upload became a 150MB upload, how can I believe he invested that many hours of work?  I already said I'd pay 0.5...  But I still wouldn't have the site as it was contracted to be, bitcoin enabled.

xcooling

Activity: 145

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 09:20:08 PM

Lol..seriously you pay for what you get. The developer is practically doing it for free.. you should be paying him 100x more.

Custom development rates are at the standard fee of us$150 per hour. You are paying him almost 100x less..

Next.. you will be generating an income from the shop. Generally online shops start at around the us$2000 mark.

If a developer charges for 1 hour and it takes him 5 minutes to do the job... the 55 minutes is his bonus.

xcooling

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 09:24:02 PM

Also a word of advice.. pay a fixed rate price. example: 50btc

25btc upfront, 25btc on completion.

Make sure the exact requirements are accepted by both parties, any additions or changes will be extra.

If you need support and maintenance, then you need to have a sla/ maintenance contract at a fixed monthly price.

error

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 09:32:17 PM

It's not his fault, this is a very unfortunate situation.  But I wouldn't have wanted a shopping cart in the first place if it didn't have bitcoin.  The argument i'm making is that he stretches figures around, like a 22MB upload became a 150MB upload, how can I believe he invested that many hours of work?  I already said I'd pay 0.5...  But I still wouldn't have the site as it was contracted to be, bitcoin enabled.

That's not in the contract I saw posted earlier in the thread. Are you saying that isn't the correct and complete contract?

mc_lovin
Legendary

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 09:36:03 PM

the contract says :

c. Install shopping cart software, modules and(or) any requested/required items(including inventory, banners, logos, etc…).
d. Make sure all communication between the domain and the webspace is operating smoothly as a professional website does.

A shopping cart was installed, but it no longer works. C & D are no longer fulfilled.
Just like senbonzakura said earlier.  I know it's not his fault that the module doesn't work, but that was the reason for the website.  It doesn't operate as a 'carts for coins' period.

logansryche

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 09:38:03 PM

All I want is the 1.1064 btc for the work I did and be done with this contract.
I will still honor part I said about getting the module when it becomes available to me.
I probly won't be making many more carts after this due to the plugin issue -.-

I also would have switched over to OSC but the bitcoin plugin seems to be non existant.
xcooling

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 09:42:12 PM

Logansryche .. people that pay the least always have the most work.

these are not valid for a contract, as they are open ended. You could make the guy work for free for the next 10 years on that specific  point.
and(or) any requested/required items(including inventory, banners, logos, etc…).

All that work for around us$16 .. madness... your being robbed

logansryche

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 10:16:02 PM

well unfortunatly for this contract I have to honor it since it's what the contract states.
Future contracts will have a higher ammount, and has had other areas fixed so this sort of thing doesn't happen again.

This still doesn't get me any close to getting paid -.-
logansryche

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 10:35:28 PM

yeah and he didn't go for it, so that deal's off.
mc_lovin
Legendary

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 10:41:06 PM

mc_lovin

pay the 0.50 btc you said you will pay. Then the remaining 0.10 you can argue, at least pay the 0.50 you said you will pay.
but his "deal's off".. ..

logansryche

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 10:42:30 PM

oh boy here we go.. you wouldn't go for 0.6 so I said it was off.
If you want to pay the 0.6, the address is in my sig and we'll call it even.
mc_lovin
Legendary

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 10:48:09 PM

.5 sent, because i want to win Smiley

logansryche

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 10:49:32 PM

Now that's being childish.
Damn Canadian >.<
mc_lovin
Legendary

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 10:59:53 PM

lmk how the module hunt goes, i got more btc for a working module Cheesy

logansryche

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 11:03:00 PM

Yup.. will do, I hope to hear from someone soon or I might end up folding shop myself lol.
logansryche

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 09:40:22 PM

Mt. Gox said their api is going online sometime this week and Tabsa said I'll have a module for it by the end of this week or next week. A step in the right direction if you ask me ^.^
mc_lovin
Legendary

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2011, 09:47:46 PM

Mt. Gox said their api is going online sometime this week and Tabsa said I'll have a module for it by the end of this week or next week. A step in the right direction if you ask me ^.^
absolutely!

logansryche

View Profile
August 05, 2011, 01:30:27 AM

Sigh, after going rounds with Mt. Gox, they still refuse to release their merchant tools(even though they said they were going to this week and it's already Thursday!) I'm trying to get the plugin owner to rewrite the module for bit-bank.org because I already have the key and token for it. He wants to write the module for Mt. Gox, but obviously I'm having an issue with them.

I dunno what to do now.
I built my entire enterprise around this module and now it's gone >.<
I can still take manual orders on gift cards, but I don't think anyone wants to do that.
seeARMS @ Bit-Bank

Activity: 49

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2011, 04:09:24 AM

Sigh, after going rounds with Mt. Gox, they still refuse to release their merchant tools(even though they said they were going to this week and it's already Thursday!) I'm trying to get the plugin owner to rewrite the module for bit-bank.org because I already have the key and token for it. He wants to write the module for Mt. Gox, but obviously I'm having an issue with them.

I dunno what to do now.
I can still take manual orders on gift cards, but I don't think anyone wants to do that.

I'm gonna release a new design for Bit-Bank within the next few days. After that, we'll begin working on an SCI, and hopefully get Opencart + Prestashop modules out shortly after.

Like what I have to say? Send me a few BitCoins if you feel so inclined: http://bit-bank.org/user/seeARMS
logansryche

View Profile
August 05, 2011, 05:57:55 AM

I dunno what to do now.

I'm gonna release a new design for Bit-Bank within the next few days. After that, we'll begin working on an SCI, and hopefully get Opencart + Prestashop modules out shortly after.

This will be very happy news ^.^
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.