Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:03:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Zero: A better ZCash fork  (Read 385 times)
lakimens (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

PVxYGaa1UZM6oDqW3ZKe4Esi18DgwBpDkr

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 01:50:57 AM

I've been reading on Zero, getting involved with it for a long time, here's why I think it has HUGE potential:

1. It's market cap is under $3M - Let's compare this to the other ZCash forks:

-ZenCash is $17 in this bear with a market cap of $60M. Features include private transactions and private conversations.
-ZCoin is $30 in this bear with a market cap of $120M. Does nothing more than ZCash.
-ZClassic, an abandoned coin, that does basically nothing more than ZCash has a higher market cap.$2.92 and $10M market cap.
-Hush, with a market cap of $3.5M is at a higher position than Zero.

You can see that basically every ZCash fork has grown quite a bit, Zero is the last one to go and it will happen soon.

2. The Roadmap - I can't even see a roadmap on most of the ZCash forks, they just fork it and leave it, I guess.

Zero has a lot of development going on after the usual private transactions.

Mach Wave - Basically a safe haven for experimentation and further development, it will be a fork that undergoes rigorous experiments and anything successful will get ported to Zero.

WormHoleX - Yeah, yeah, I get it, the name sounds childish. It isn't childish, because that's actually what they're trying to achieve. What they're trying to achieve here is almost instant transactions by using the theory of wormholes.

Zero Alliance - An Alliance of anonymous/private coins that actually values the privacy of their users. An exchange is to be created and a key will be held by the representative of each cryptocurrency that is in the alliance, only all the keys together can unlock sensitive information, like user profiles.

Source.

3. Community-driven - There is no founder's reward or premine on this coin and anyone working for/on it is doing it of their own free will, without anyone paying them or having a huge pile of coins that they want to push, they're all investors. The coin was abandoned and it was later taken over by the community, project manager is Demarsac.
You can see that right after the community takeover on November 27th, the price started rising, 10 days after the takeover, price was already double what it was before.

4. Features - Zero's features include :
Faster transactions - Under 2 minutes per block.
Lower transaction costs - Literally costs ZERO to make a transaction. I've made a transaction with 0.0000001 ZER as a transaction fee, that is $0.00000012 at $12, the highest price this coin has had.
Eco-Friendly - Zero uses a modified equihash algorithm that consumes less electricity(30%).

5. Table is with data from late January - 2018.

_______________________________________________________________________________ _________________________________

CoinMarketCap
Cryptopia, Crex24
Announcement

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY ($PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Bounty]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zabzab

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 02:18:19 PM
Last edit: March 31, 2018, 02:29:13 PM by zabzab

This coin is still very much under the radar, anyone who is lucky enough to find it will truly be rewarded!

https://www.reddit.com/r/ZeroCoins/
Jansaa

Merit: 105

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 03:07:34 PM

Thanks for your easy-to-understand comparison! But now, all kinds of digital money are on the decline, need more time to recover!
lakimens (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 03:48:09 PM

Thanks for your easy-to-understand comparison! But now, all kinds of digital money are on the decline, need more time to recover!
Of course, I am purely pointing out the differences. This is a very unknown coin and compared to the other ZCash forks, which all have a higher market cap, this seems like an awesome deal.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY ($PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Bounty]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
korkyqq

Activity: 32

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2018, 04:01:33 PM

Another day, another fork, or so I thought.
After doing a little bit of research, I found that the project manager sometimes comes to chat to ask for opinions or do Q&A.
I found out that apparently, this coin was the most profitable to mine at one point, before it got beat down by bitcoin's downfall.
lakimens (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 01:00:26 AM

Another day, another fork, or so I thought.
After doing a little bit of research, I found that the project manager sometimes comes to chat to ask for opinions or do Q&A.
I found out that apparently, this coin was the most profitable to mine at one point, before it got beat down by bitcoin's downfall.
Yeah, those are also good things.

bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1442

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 01:06:49 AM

@lakimens. After almost 3 years of being in the cryptospace and witnessing all kinds of coins come and go, I reckon Zero is one of those projects that will only be pumped then dumped by traders, and we will not see it become what the developers want it to become. A bitcoin killer it is not because it will never be as good.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
lakimens (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 01:50:03 AM

@lakimens. After almost 3 years of being in the cryptospace and witnessing all kinds of coins come and go, I reckon Zero is one of those projects that will only be pumped then dumped by traders, and we will not see it become what the developers want it to become. A bitcoin killer it is not because it will never be as good.

It is not advertised as a bitcoin killer and it doesn't have to be. Bitcoin is not good by any means, it is just the first one.
All I am saying is that comparing it to the other ZCash forks and ZCash itself, this thing is a beast, the others don't even have a roadmap.
We still don't know what kinds of things will be tested on Mach Wave, maybe POS, maybe WormHoleX, maybe some other way to sustain a high load of transactions, I am saying there is potential.

bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 02:01:13 AM

It is not advertised as a bitcoin killer and it doesn't have to be. Bitcoin is not good by any means, it is just the first one.
All I am saying is that comparing it to the other ZCash forks and ZCash itself, this thing is a beast, the others don't even have a roadmap.
We still don't know what kinds of things will be tested on Mach Wave, maybe POS, maybe WormHoleX, maybe some other way to sustain a high load of transactions, I am saying there is potential.

Quoted your post and let us see where you are and Zero is in 3 years. I reckon bitcoin will be pushing on new all time highs while Zero will be another forgotten altcoin.

Also, I do not mean to step on the project you are shilling. But I speak from experience.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
lakimens (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 02:30:06 AM

Quoted your post and let us see where you are and Zero is in 3 years. I reckon bitcoin will be pushing on new all time highs while Zero will be another forgotten altcoin.

Also, I do not mean to step on the project you are shilling. But I speak from experience.

Yeah, that might happen, it has happened a few times, we can't predict the future, but I think there'll be HUGE gains after this bear.

v0nyu

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 02:47:43 AM

looks promising dude, i'll try to read it.
it has many advantages compared with other coins. may it can be huge soon

sylance

Merit: 102

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 03:04:04 AM

Yes, good write up.  I'm surprised these Z coins are so low value.  Privacy coins deserve much more attention as governments start tracking transactions down to the citizen.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
lakimens (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 02:33:16 PM

Yes, good write up.  I'm surprised these Z coins are so low value.  Privacy coins deserve much more attention as governments start tracking transactions down to the citizen.

Definitely. The thing is, they can still track it to some extent, because of exchanges, now the Alliance Zero is trying to form gets rid of that problem by hiding the sensitive information.

mytiburon

Activity: 31

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 03:13:06 PM

I also think this coin has potential.
rezurect

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 03:15:19 PM

Now if they coded their own coin then yes, but I can't see a fork as better even though some aspects might be better configured.
lakimens (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 03:24:44 PM

Now if they coded their own coin then yes, but I can't see a fork as better even though some aspects might be better configured.

A fork doesn't have to be the same as the original. As such, ZCash is a fork of Bitcoin and they're not alike.
Zero is a fork of ZCash, but with a lot of things changed at start, the only thing they have in common is the zerocoin protocol.

ManaMan

Activity: 238
Merit: 38

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 03:25:02 PM

Is there a whitepaper? Is the tech behind it being audited or it was or somebody will audit it in the future that it is working as expected? So far looks like small market cap with this coin but the only lack I see  it is available on cryptopia, which is not the best exchange in terms of their support and that you might wait long for deposits/withdrawls. Are there any plans to list on binance, kucoin? Any plans for hardware and light wallet integrations?
dexone
Copper Member

Activity: 28
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 03:35:30 PM

There're a lot of coins claim to be better ZEC/BTC/DASH. They've all done some extradinary work based on those coins. But to be frank, without a strong team to support and market these coins continiously, they will only be pumped and dumped from time to time, may never be serious contenders for cryptocurrency leaders.
SeXy

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 03:53:57 PM

And what is the technological value of this fork? Is this another scam? Or just a commission below? Why this fork was created is not clear
lakimens (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 05:48:10 PM

Is there a whitepaper? Is the tech behind it being audited or it was or somebody will audit it in the future that it is working as expected? So far looks like small market cap with this coin but the only lack I see  it is available on cryptopia, which is not the best exchange in terms of their support and that you might wait long for deposits/withdrawls. Are there any plans to list on binance, kucoin? Any plans for hardware and light wallet integrations?

For now, there isn't a whitepaper, but there's a mini version of it.
It's not been audited, but then again, nothing has been audited. It's open source, so anyone is free to see the code and "audit" it.
Cryptopia is not the best exchange, but this coin has proven that it can reach high price even with that exchange, they've applied for Binance, but seeing as we're in a bear market, I don't think it's gonna pass.
As wallets go, there's a desktop and paper wallet and mobile wallet nearing it's release date.

R3DEY3

Activity: 338

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2018, 05:56:33 PM

Zero Quick Guide

lakimens (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 05:59:00 PM

There're a lot of coins claim to be better ZEC/BTC/DASH. They've all done some extradinary work based on those coins. But to be frank, without a strong team to support and market these coins continiously, they will only be pumped and dumped from time to time, may never be serious contenders for cryptocurrency leaders.

That is true, but the team working on this coin is extraordinary and open-minded, they get involved with the community, answer all kind of questions on telegram.. Best part is, there is no founder's reward, so everyone's doing it from their heart.

And what is the technological value of this fork? Is this another scam? Or just a commission below? Why this fork was created is not clear

Faster block time, eco-friendly, lower fees, those are the main features right now. However, Mach Wave, WormHoleX, The Alliance, those will be BIG.

bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 02:53:53 AM

Yeah, that might happen, it has happened a few times, we can't predict the future, but I think there'll be HUGE gains after this bear.

Of course there will be huge gains because you know Zero will be pumped and hyped. But the problem is it will not be able to hold those gains because it will not have real adoption like bitcoin is having.

Also, Zcash is in a better position than Zero because it is backed by venture capitalists. Stop with the lies.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
zabzab

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 12:05:37 PM
Last edit: April 02, 2018, 02:01:39 PM by zabzab

Of course there will be huge gains because you know Zero will be pumped and hyped. But the problem is it will not be able to hold those gains because it will not have real adoption like bitcoin is having.

Also, Zcash is in a better position than Zero because it is backed by venture capitalists. Stop with the lies.

What's he lying about !?  Huh
lakimens (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 01:59:28 PM

What's he lieing about !?  Huh

I am not lying. I never said it'll be more popular than ZCash, if that happens, it will take years.
I don't think Bitcoin is having "adoption" and Bitcoin cannot scale to mass adoption. That POW that Bitcoin uses, it's gonna take the whole world's power to solve transactions in a "mass adoption" situation.

zabzab

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 04:08:17 PM

What's he lieing about !?  Huh

I am not lying. I never said it'll be more popular than ZCash, if that happens, it will take years.
I don't think Bitcoin is having "adoption" and Bitcoin cannot scale to mass adoption. That POW that Bitcoin uses, it's gonna take the whole world's power to solve transactions in a "mass adoption" situation.

Exactly!
zabzab

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 10:46:18 AM

I agree with you 100% Smiley
R3DEY3

Activity: 338

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2018, 04:18:21 PM

As the Zero community, we would like to firstly thank the current Zero managing team for the effort put into place since the revival of our coin since the November take over.

We have ascertained that besides Zero code update ver 1.0.14 and listing into crex24, nothing else was achieved in order to keep up with the demands of the highly antagonistic crypto-currency market. On the contrary, fails such as not notifying Cryptopia regarding the wallet deprecation, and a poorly designed, never updated and erroneous web site, hurt Zero’s price trend and reputation significantly.

As you may are aware, the most significant targets aimed for within Quarter One (Q1) of this year were not met (a new wallet, a new Windows miner and listing in a large exchange). Upon further investigation into the development of the works, it was found that there was little to no tangible evidence that these Q1 targets would (or could) have been met based on the status of works, and efforts of the team. In addition, Zero’s current management team (manager and developer) failed to responsibly respond to the community’s request for transparency, honesty and duty of care towards the project’s investors.

There is an urgent need for a group of dedicated team members of the Zero community to take over the management of the project and to establish a collaborative team that will strive to drive Zero to the path of success.

This team plans to establish a transparent approach and to truly allow all helping hands to assist. It is evident that in order to protect and steer the project in an effective and meaningful way, that the community needs the full cooperation of the outgoing managing team.

Alas, exhibiting a rather selfish and an authoritarian mannerism, the current managing team has denied handing over any progress on the wallet, any zero code updates and any credentials of the twitter and web site accounts, claiming their “ownership” (and making us wonder if they ever had any respect and feeling of care of duty towards for the community).

We urge them to reconsider, demonstrate realism, and to verify that this project is a community project and not a toy in the hands of two people. It is evident that without sharing the social accounts’ credentials, a project rebranding will be necessary and new social accounts need to be created. Also, without sharing the progress on the wallet, the project will stall and possibly miss a potential bull market.

Egos should step aside, for all stakeholders’ common interest. This is our last call to the current team to work under the new team as co-equal members.

From an immediate point of view, steps have been taken already to realign the current direction of the project towards our concerted vision. A new mining pool has been established today, with a 1% developer's fee now in place to fund and execute new features.

New targets will be shared with the community shortly, along with a new roadmap, and leadership group.

Thank you for your continued support,

Any questions please contact - R3DEY3/ConstantinGR/Ingarium @R3DEY3 @ConstantinGR @ingarium

Zero Community

https://www.reddit.com/r/ZeroCoins/comments/8az67x/major_update_to_zero/?ref=share&ref_source=link
btcvinci

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 01:06:54 PM

Hm. U have a valid point.
lakimens (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 10:28:51 PM

Feel like I should post this:

lakimens (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 12:58:31 AM

While everything is red:

Sephire

Activity: 700
Merit: 136

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 01:05:05 AM

Great write-up and update on the Zero coin project. The price has doubled in last few days so something is brewing! It is so cheap compared to other Z coins so got some for the ride.
Dragonrage201

Activity: 630
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 01:08:28 AM

Agree with OP that this coin has good future and one cannot go wrong at this low price and marketcap. It will go places once it is listed on a major exchange.
lakimens (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 08:55:03 PM

Agree with OP that this coin has good future and one cannot go wrong at this low price and marketcap. It will go places once it is listed on a major exchange.
It's not just the low cap, the new dev team, they're amazing. A month in and we have:
-Web Wallet
-Desktop Wallet(new)
-Paper wallet
-Mobile wallet soon most likely
-Website
-White Paper(Zeropaper)

Think about it.

Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: