Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:46:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you choose between wallet or exchange ?  (Read 955 times)
Gracefs (OP)

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 05:02:11 AM

what do you use wallet or exchange for?  Do you want to trade or hold ?
If you hold on a mid term or trade, you should use exchange. And hold your coin for security, you should use hardware wallet.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
niteroy

Activity: 476
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 05:31:20 PM

If you hold on a mid term or trade, you should use exchange. And hold your coin for security, you should use hardware wallet.
In order to keep a small amount it is perfectly acceptable to use cryptocurrency exchanges. For me, the convenience of the exchanges is that I can expose the warrants I am interested in buying or selling coins in order to carry out a profitable transaction. Periodically you can trade and if necessary change one coin to another, but if you store a large amount in bitcoin or another cryptocurrency and you do not trade, then clearly you need to store coins only on a cold wallet on your computer, this will increase your chances do not lose the means.
Murloc

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 05:48:31 PM

If you are not trading those money then you should keep it in your wallet. This is an important and simple rule to keep your funds safe. Exchanges may always get hacked (as it was with mt Gox) or get suspended by the government because of the shady behaviour of their CEO (as it was with btc-e). Exchanges may face some issues when you need to withdraw your funds. For example poloniex was down fight after the BCH fork. During that time the coin may lose in price. Keepeng your money on exchange is very unsafe.

SaarMast

Activity: 100
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 05:51:33 PM

Use exchanges just for exchanging Cheesy and use wallet in order to store for a long period

P2PEPEnergy Trading Platform  ━━  Ann  ✕  Whitepaper           
                      Connecting Clean Energy Users!          
TelegramTwitter ✕  ━[ BUY TOKENS ]━
Catcorn

Activity: 274

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2018, 06:02:36 PM

Exchange is less secure than wallet. If you prefer to hold some particular coins, just keep it on wallet and sleep well. Exchanges are obviously good for trading.
sonphamuser

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 06:04:58 PM

I have divided my invest into two parts, one part is long term so i will buy a hard wallet and put it in this, and the rest is short term and mid term will be send to exchange to can sell and buy anytime

waaat?

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 06:09:21 PM

I have divided my invest into two parts, one part is long term so i will buy a hard wallet and put it in this, and the rest is short term and mid term will be send to exchange to can sell and buy anytime

As always it's the most right answer. It's classic strategy. Long-term - on wallets, short and mid - on exchanges. Why need to create new topic for this, I don't know
ManaMan

Activity: 238
Merit: 38

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 06:13:28 PM

Depends what do you think by short term, if sort term can be seen like few weeks, then you could keep coins in your own wallet. You don't need hardware wallets for your bitcoins to be safe, paper wallet can be good alternative.
dewi91

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 06:30:00 PM

Depend in my situation, when I need money I Will choose exchange to sell my coin as soon as possible, no problem if the price just a little bit goes up and I only get a little benefit but I never sell coins when the price lower than the price when I buy.
rijaljun

Activity: 1274
Merit: 267

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 06:35:31 PM

I use wallet to hold coin for long term, and only trade about 20% of total coins that I have. Wallet which allows you to keep your private keys will keep you safe from scam.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  sports
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀  ▄▄▄▀███▀▄▄▄  ▀█████
████  ▄█████▄ ▄█████▄  ████
███  █ █████▀ ▀█████ █  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀▀▄███▄▀▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀▄██ ███████ ██▄▀█  ██
██   █████ █████ █████   ██
███  █████▀▄▄▄▄▄▀█████  ███
████  ▀▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀█ ███ █▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
▀▀       ▀▀████████
 ▄▄  ▀  ▄▄   ▀█████
 ▀    ▀█████▄  ████
   ▀█▄   ▀▀██▄  ███
 █▄  ▀██▄▄  ▀█▄  ██
  ▀█▄  ▀███▄  ▀  ██
█  ▀██▄  ▀███▄   ██
██  ▀███▄  ▀█▀  ███
███  ▀████▄    ████
 ▀▀█▄  ▀▀▀   ▄█████
▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███▀▀         ▀▀███
▀   ▄▄██▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▄████████▄  ▀█  ██
██████▄▀  ██▄    ██
████▄▀  ▄▀████▄  ██
██▄▀  ▄▀██████  ▄██
▄▀  ▄▀███████  ▄███
█▄▄▀███████▀  ▄████
▀████████▀  ▄██████
  ▀██▀▀   ▄████████
      ▄▄███████████
███████████████████
1mBTC
x 3 WINNERS
BET
MULTIPLIERS
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
BigBoy89
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 06:45:18 PM

I think you should always choose wallet, except when you are going to sell it very, very quick.
IMO mid-term holdings are for wallet as well. 

.AMEPAY.
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
       AMEPAY IEO       
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
   AMEPAY LISTING   
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
supermine

Activity: 826
Merit: 518

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 06:49:44 PM

It is based on your purpose if you are going to trade that coin sooner then keep it in an exchange but it is not a safe place to store our coins.Even if you want to hold your coin for a while then choose the wallets,if hardware wallets then your coins are secured.
islakevin

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2018, 06:51:05 PM

Well for me if you are a trader you should choose an exchange , but if your an holder or investor you should choose wallet because its safer . there are possibilities that known exchange will close or even scam. so if your a day trader or just a trader better choose exchange and watch it everytime every news everything cause its like your vault .

Winner
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 06:53:45 PM

A desktop wallet is the safest. A hardware wallet is not safe unless the wallet was built by yourself.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
jinnyjinny

Activity: 280
Merit: 16

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 07:11:41 PM

I prefer to keep cryptocurrency in both places, but most of fundes - on the wallets. Usually i don't trade, i prefer long holding,but someties i need to buy something very quickly, so that comfartable to have some amount of BTC and ETH on the exchange.

vrabac68

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 07:11:48 PM

I use both .Myetherwallet when i keep coins and Binance and KUCOin for trading.Transferring coins is only like 1$ fee
I think both these exchanges are safe even if they are not decentralized
deevan

Merit: 7

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 07:18:26 PM

depends if you are a day or short-term trader then it is better to keep your coins on an exchange on which you are going to trade frequently, to avoid withdrawal fees to get your coins deposited in your wallet. If you are a long/mid term trade then it is highly recommended to store the coins in a personal wallet for which the private keys you are holding. I only use to keep those amount of coins on an exchange that I am going to trade less than a week rest coin I am keeping in my wallet, yes you are right hardware is also the best option also Desktop wallets too, as exchanges are not safe to store your coins for a long time.
husencoe

Activity: 658

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 07:20:52 PM

Actually I use exchange wallet because i'm a trader. I just have a wallet from myetherwallet for receive bounty reward and a wallet in blockchain.info but until now not have asset yet. Lol..
Actually if you not plan to hodl your asset, use exchange walletnis the best but you also must have a wallet to store your wallet when you tired to trade.

Adunni6758

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 07:31:00 PM

Each of it has its benefit. Some times i use exchange and at some other times i use wallet if i have made up my mind to hold for long.
There are coins that are good for constant trading, while some are good for long time hold. Although, this depend on individual's view.
My advise to most people is that, if you do not know how to trade, it is better to hold in wallet, then learn trading techniques before starting.
The only thing i cannot do is hold my coin in exchange wallet for a long time, because this i do not see to be well secured.
philad220

Activity: 187

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 09:08:22 PM

The thing is that both have different significance, I mostly used the exchange for day trading to safe my transaction fee, and uses hardware wallet to store the tokens i have to hold for long.
I think hardware wallet is more safer compare to exchange.
iigor

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 09:26:42 PM

I prefer long-term investments and I am keeping my coins in wallet. Exchange is for trading only. I don't thing that exchanges are safe enough to keep my investments there long time.

parkraol

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 09:55:07 PM

I wouldn't stay away from just one app. Better use of wallet and exchanger 2 in 1. I'm currently using the mobile wallet of ethereum, erc20 and erc223 tokens. Its exchanger will come soon, built with a hybrid security exchanger. It's easy for me to get into this app because it's all right there, I can trade or hold easily. I'll just try it's exchanger and hopefully it's very advantageous to use. Using this type of wallet plus exchanger can easily keep up with the volatility of the coins when suddenly fallen off can immediately buy and holds. When making a decision to sell hassle free because it's already there.
lifesgood10

Activity: 378
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 10:14:24 PM

I choose the wallet, because when you use wallet, you can sleep in peace and convenience
Also, when you keep your tokens in wallet, you could get tips from newly introduced coins as btc or eth hodler
balrog

Activity: 448
Merit: 37

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2018, 10:23:38 PM

I'm using both : wallet for hodling and exchange for trading . I think sometimes we need to trade , because it can safe our funds from massive losses , or even give a profit . Hodling can give good profit too , but it require to much time to wait . Combining both methods is a much better as for me .
Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 10:35:16 PM

i rather choose both between exchanges and wallets because both are my storages,i make sure that i had an funds in my exchange so whenever i wanna trade i have a ready..and on my wallets so whenever i need to withdraw my convertion is ready..this is how i balance my whole funds for easy way of using.

I'm using both : wallet for hodling and exchange for trading . I think sometimes we need to trade , because it can safe our funds from massive losses , or even give a profit . Hodling can give good profit too , but it require to much time to wait . Combining both methods is a much better as for me .
We have the same principle in this cryptocurrency mate,we both uses this for our daily venture so what ever may happen were always ready,and were save on hacking because our funds spreads to many storages if ever we become victim atleast lessen than single
coinsfuture

Activity: 109

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:56:59 PM

Actually, I hold the money to make them safe. I am scared of hackers, so I do not like to use exchanges. So, they are good for trading, yet a wallet is much safer.
Winterizing

Activity: 312

(。◕‿◕。)

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 06:10:43 PM

Mostly of my tokens are stored in my wallet for holding because I think the market is still you and has plenty more room for growth thus, I'll just hold it. I often withdraw only what I need from my wallet if I need it.

Jennarro

Activity: 39

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:13:53 PM

I further recommend sharing it 50:50 because both are not 100% safe if you want the most secure, is to store it in a hardware wallet like Trezor or Nano Ledger, then, your job is to keep the wallet out of reach of children or maybe your friends do not need to know
Paigeorg

Activity: 41

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:20:22 PM

In the beginning I used exchanges but now I transfered to a personal wallet. Occasionally i use exchanges to purchase cryptos but then I transfer it to my wallet. If anything occures, I can transfer it to any of the exchanges cheaply and in a fast manner while if I hold all of my crypto on one exchange and there is high volume I have to wait for hours until the servers become operational again
riaruhs09

Activity: 184

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:21:21 PM

at the time of holding the coin I prefer to keep my assets in my personal wallet because then I feel more calm. because in exchange there is often a problem and loss.

Daniel Brian

Activity: 44

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:21:48 PM

I just want to use wallets because it is safer. its to much risky, If you search about it,You would found a lot of scam news.
babay_ko

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:23:00 PM

If i want to keep coins for a long time my choice will be on  hardware wallet,but if i want to trade day to day it will be exchange wallet of course.

Chris Hauer

Activity: 77

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:23:13 PM

Personally i prefer exchange because i hold my coins for a short-term and trade it in right moment its price goes up a lot.
adriaymati58

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:29:57 PM

The best solution nowadays is to hold your coins because the market is down since it is just the beginning. I am sure the market will go up. So, hold and use a secured wallet

The best is yet to come!
xarly1

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:31:39 PM

To a large extent the main part I try to keep on an external wallets . but the money that I use to trade appropriately kept on the exchange
Enoch Lewis

Activity: 109

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:37:33 PM

Yes, i think so, for a long term investment i dont sell my coins so i hold my coins in Exodus and Coinbase. If i buy more coins, they will continue storing in my wallet.
norman472

Activity: 284

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 10:09:09 PM

I choose wallet who using private key  it keep safe for saving , I will send to exchange when I want to sale it .

▁▁▁▁▁                 SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE                 ▁▁▁▁▁
INVECH     WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM     INVECH
▔▔▔▔▔                   JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!
DonaldTramponald

Activity: 301

Next Generation Antivirus

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 02:00:18 AM

When I keep coins for long, I use separate wallets for each coin.  If I have a small number of coins, I keep them on stock exchanges.  But if you keep your coins on the exchange, then use not one, but several exchanges.  Choose top-end exchanges.

fosco333

Activity: 1260

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 05:15:56 AM

exchange wallet is not secure. you won't know what will the exchange do with your balance.
i suggest you if you are not trading and want to hold, just transfer back to your personal wallet.

magnum357

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 07:56:54 AM

I think i choose wallet for now wallet is good where ever your are you can used your money or buying items using your wallet.
babsjoe

Activity: 490

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 08:05:23 AM

I would choose wallet over exchange when it comes to safety of my fund. I will even go a step further ti keep my fund cold. The option available to cryptocurrency user and investor is amazing. The tech made it possible tovbe in charge of your money!
Road445

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 08:07:16 AM

Generally speaking, if the amount is big, then I choose local wallet.
Because if the exchange happens to steal an event, then this is a very troublesome matter.

BADBITCH

Activity: 532
Merit: 6

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 08:08:21 AM

I choose to use the wallet, because you always have an added advantage when you use a wallet unlike an exchange where you have to be careful of phishing links, password, 2fa, and so on.

The best is just a wallet, if you are fortunate to use an erc wallet, then you could even get more erc 20 tokens, hodlers airdrop won't meet you in a jiffy either.
Always use a wallet for ETH,
Use Blockchain for BTC
veraro

Activity: 966

Harmony for One and All

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 10:26:31 AM

I think the wallet should be used always. Every exchange can be hacked or same unexpected things can happen and you lost your money. Of course if you make trading you have to keep tokens on exchanges, but you should withdraw your profit.

ooxtcoo

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 05:34:01 PM

They cannot be compared because they have different purposes. Exchanges are more profitable to trade, wallets to hold.      
QuinlanDeclan

Activity: 124

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 05:59:47 PM

Wallet use the secure coins and it is easy to use when I buy the coin then I uses the exchange.
zhanyiguai261315

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 09:47:46 AM

I will buy some BTC in my wallet and hold it for a long time!

Other digital cryptocurrencies will be traded on the Binance exchange because the encrypted currency will make a profit in the short term.

HPQ.IO

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 09:54:31 AM

It depends on the amount... For huge amounts wallet (better hardware) is the only choice.
For small amounts just for regular trading exchange will do. But when stop trading for some time it is better to transfer to wallet as exchanges may have problems as we can see...
binhvo1505

Activity: 728

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 09:58:15 AM

I agree with your opinion. The small amount of money should be on the trading floor, it will help us to trade faster.
Large amounts of money should be left in cold wallet. I think that would be the safest place to keep your money. We can prevent hackers using cold wallets. Although the price of a cold wallet is quite expensive it can help you keep a lot of money, even if the security is higher than the bank.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
Snakerist

Activity: 336
Merit: 15

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 10:02:28 AM

Of course your own wallet is much more safer than exchange, so if you want to hodl it is essential to put your funds in your own wallet.

Redhead5

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 02:31:38 PM

They cannot be compared because they have different purposes. Exchanges are more profitable to trade, wallets to hold.      

This is good perception. Go in exchange when you need to trade in highest exchanges but for cold wallet for secure keep. Hodl is the best when planning for long term investment. This how it differs, but the main point are to make profit both the two.
emmybd

Activity: 1218
Merit: 112

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2018, 02:44:44 PM

There are a few good exchanges, but a lot of investors have been having problems with these exchanges. So you can't trust these exchanges. I would prefer wallet to hold my coins. In fact, I have been using MyEtherWallet for some time and holding coins without any problem.

emmybd

Activity: 1218
Merit: 112

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2018, 02:50:22 PM

There are a few good exchanges, but a lot of investors have been having problems with these exchanges. So you can't trust these exchanges. I would prefer wallet to hold my coins, I think it is safer than exchanges. In fact, I have been using MyEtherWallet for some time and holding coins without any problem.

hieu81

Activity: 518

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 03:01:28 PM

I choose both, for long-term storage, I use Wallet, use less exchange! For safety reasons!
afterdark

Activity: 395

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 03:05:36 PM

All the coins and tokens that I keep for a long time are stored on the hardware wallet. Those coins that I use for current trade are stored on exchanges. It seems to me that this is quite safe and convenient.
RonaldDuncan

Activity: 128

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 03:39:23 PM

I think these both are good but mostly people choose the wallet so i suggest you to invest in MYETHERWALLET.
realsmans

Activity: 196

Transforming the Global Shipping Industry

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 03:46:52 PM

Strange question. If you want to trade, hold on exchange, but remember about risks of breaking, and scamming. If you'r more as investor, then hold on wallets, because it's much safer, than exchange, but still can be hacked. So better hold on few different wallets.

Blockshipping  ────────────────────────────────────────────   Whitepaper   Telegram   Github
██  Transforming The Global Container Shipping Industry   ██████████████            Twitter    Facebook         
『 The ICO starts 14 May 2018 at 2 pm CET 』  ────────────────────   Reddit   Medium   ANN Thread   
Grayy

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 03:58:02 PM

I prefer keeping most of my funds in my wallet unless I'm trading at the current time. Only time I'll leave funds on exchanges is when I want to dodge payment for depositing funds on the exchange and paying again to withdraw my funds. But it's safer to keep your funds in wallets than being stingy and losing everything to hackers...lol
oyeade56

Activity: 163

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2018, 04:13:32 PM

As I do say, the choice  to choose depends on the type of coin you have and it's value in the market.
edison benzamin

Activity: 52

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 04:15:51 PM

I often divide the property into two and store it in a cold wallet
pihipawal

Activity: 70

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 05:10:04 PM

If it is ETH I think myetherwallet should be used. If you want to exchange I think it's a good idea to look for a quality trading platform such as bittrex, binance .... to keep bitcoin, eth or altcoin easy to trade.
AK47-

Activity: 644

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 04:09:59 PM

I would say diversify your investments on exchanges and wallets. I have seen many instances of exchanges getting hacked as well as wallets getting hacked. Therefore,  it's best to diversify the risk by keeping your coins at different platforms. Also, if you are frequent trader, then having some amount on exchanges is needed. But if you are a long term hodler, then go for paper or offline wallet. Online and desktop/mobile wallets are prone to hacking. It's better to go for big and reputed exchanges instead of online wallets when it comes to safe storage.
bekkioPEK

Activity: 356

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 04:20:07 PM

I personally do not like to keep coin on exchange, this is an unregulated market so no exchanges can give you guarantees or any refunds in case of hacker attacks. installing a wallet takes very little time and if you do not have an infected computer, you have a very good security. obviously some small amount for "dayly trading" is right to keep it in the exchange. the past is full of exchanges that have escaped with customers' money

kramchers

Activity: 854
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 04:22:33 PM

both are good to choose as long as you are keeping your personal information and access key to it.
exchange wallets are good if you are doing trading almost daily or weekly, but if you are about to hold the coin for a long time you better use hard wallet.
or some wallet out of the exchange.
Franklin Pierce

Activity: 82

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 10:22:10 AM

Maybe you need:
The TOP 5 BEST ALTCOIN wallets:
Cryptonator
Agama
Exodus
Jaxx
Coinomi
Stradivarioos

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 10:25:26 AM

I prefer long-term investments. I choose coins that are quite famous and sometimes I buy tokens during the ICO.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
parassinghal

A BLOCKCHAIN SOLUTION TO DISRUPT TRADE FINANCE

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 10:33:26 AM

I don't think that there is any confusion, its obvious that whenever we have to trade then we use exchange else we keep holding our coins in wallets.

Gu_XiaoMing

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 11:09:20 AM

I think keep my coin in exchange is so serious, so i chosen wallet, hardware wallet, such as Ledger Nano S, maybe you know it is the best wallet for security and you must pay fee for using that wallet about $50-$80
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2954
Merit: 598

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 11:19:56 AM

what do you use wallet or exchange for? 
Wallet for keeping.
Exchange for selling.
Do you want to trade or hold ?
I want to do both.
Nice piece of advice. Most of the bitcoin that I've got, I just let it hold with my Ledger nano S (hardware wallet).

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
tonylewisverdu

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 11:25:41 AM

use a hardware wallet for holding crypto. fine to keep smaller amounts on an exchange for trading but not for holding over an extended period
SkiOlya

Activity: 256

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 12:30:43 PM

I expect full-fledged decentralized exchanges, with good volumes and high liquidity. Then you will not have to worry about the safety of funds on the stock exchange or purse, as it will be very convenient to trade from your own purse, which no one else has access to. I hope Alexander Ivanov will soon finish his DEX on the Waves.
Viscera

Activity: 660

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 10:46:37 PM

I choose wallet to keep my precious coin alive and i know it's 100% safe coz i'm hodling my private key. Well if you keep your coins in an exchange it's a 50:50 situation. If get's hack then all your money will lost forever. So do your analysis coz i gave my opinion already.
kenelmark

Activity: 1204

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 11:46:56 PM

Wallet is always safer than exchanges. always choose wallet to hold. exchanges have many issues of safety, despite hacking, they can not guarantee their servers will always perform well. wallets are better, even for trading, unless, low amount to trade, avoiding fees.
roservelt99

Activity: 94

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 08:39:57 AM

Giving some suggetion for you
The best exchanges for trading the majority of altcoins are EtherDelta, Binance, and Bittrex.
The best wallets for securing your coins are Ledger Nano S, Trezor, Coinbase.
guagua_ga

Activity: 90

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 11:59:38 AM

Using exchange or wallet depends on your aim. So i wanna suggest you: Coinomi is the absolute winner of altcoin wallets. Coinomi by far supports the most cryptocurrencies out of any wallet on this list. It has the shapeshift.io exchange built in and just works flawlessly. You get a clear overview of all your balances, and Coinomi combines this balance so you can see exactly how much your crypto is worth.
jackichan

Activity: 116

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 12:00:23 PM

I recommend you about the wallet i love so much. It is Jaxx- a multiplatform multicurrency wallet. The private keys are stored on your device. It has a beautiful UI, is really sleek and easy to use, and has shapeshift built in. What's great about Jaxx is that it supports every major platform. Desktop clients available for Mac, Windows and Linux. Mobile clients available for iOS and android, and hardware wallet support coming soon.
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 06:32:08 PM

I would say diversify your investments on exchanges and wallets. I have seen many instances of exchanges getting hacked as well as wallets getting hacked. Therefore,  it's best to diversify the risk by keeping your coins at different platforms. Also, if you are frequent trader, then having some amount on exchanges is needed. But if you are a long term hodler, then go for paper or offline wallet. Online and desktop/mobile wallets are prone to hacking. It's better to go for big and reputed exchanges instead of online wallets when it comes to safe storage.
That makes a lot of sense honestly. Anyone who has all their investments on exchanges really does not have anything because whatever happens to those exchanges will plainly affect all their holdings. The most secured way is having a decentralized wallet holding most of your assets except for those one may want to trade once in a while for the benefit one can derive from trading.

There is absolutely no way I can actually just put all the things that I have in one single place most especially when I do not have control over them. For the short or mid-term trade, it is always tempting to have some in the exchange so as to utilize the profit one can make from the fluctuations in the market. I have always believed in storing long term in cold storage since that is safer anyway.
blue08

Merit: 2

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 03:11:30 AM

I use both. I use wallet to keep my coins and token for long term and I use exchanges for trading.  I don't usually use an exchange to keep my holdings just to be safe.

VANIG.io
The World's first integrated E-Commerce and Supply Chain Ecosystem powered by Blockchain
https://vanig.io
rommelzkie

Activity: 294
Merit: 125

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 03:19:06 AM

what do you use wallet or exchange for?  Do you want to trade or hold ?

It depends to you.

Long Term HOLD  -  Best yo use the hardware wallets available in the market like ledger. Also good for acquiring split tokens during HARD FORKS. Most secured

Trading and Short Term HOLD - Better to leave it on exchange since you constantly change your crypto.  Remember that wallets provided by exchanges are considered HOT Wallet.

blueteam09

Activity: 664

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCA

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 03:37:49 AM

I prefer to use the exchange to keep his Altcoin. If you follow Altcoin in thick portfolios or websites like coinbase, it's inconvenient when you need to transfer them to the exchange before you want to make a buy-sell so keeping them on the trade will make it easy for you to create a buy-sell.

Jenapza

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 04:06:37 AM

Keep it on your wallet if you want to keep it for longer, so that security is guaranteed. Keep your private key do not give to anyone. Use exchanges just to liquidate your assets and for asset trading. observe the ups and downs of prices lest you lose money.
ngovanngoc

Activity: 37

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 04:09:31 AM

I think that choice depends on your investment plan, especially the time you hold! If you hold on for very long time, the best wallet is good and good again!
Maloppo

Activity: 668
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 04:17:58 AM

It's better to store in the wallet than exchange
exchanges is not safe if do you want to save your coins for a long time.
abake

Activity: 555

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 06:49:53 AM

Both are useful in their different ways. I prefer exchange when i’m keeping or trading for short term which I may choose to exchange to fiat or other coin in anytime while, I prefer wallet for hold (long term) which i’m Not thinking of selling soon.

[ IQ ]           cash            ▐               THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                          ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
Sigfred Hernadez

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 07:28:38 AM

If you consider about Bitcoin, I like to use wallet because i hold them for a long term. But you should store them on many diferrent wallets and sometime you could change to exchange to secure. There are some suggetion you could need:
Bitcoin exchange: you buy and sell bitcoins, like in a regular exchange, and you can use it as a regular wallet. Examples: CoinBase and Poloniex.
Bitcoin wallet: you just keep your bitcoins. There as several of them but don't use blockchain.info's android app!
I hope I helped!
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 08:28:40 AM

It's better to store in the wallet than exchange
exchanges is not safe if do you want to save your coins for a long time.
Simple but it's reality, if you like to save coins then you should place it to much safer place a hard wallet is better to make some extra security and it
will be in your possessions not like when you are storing it inside your exchange wallets where you are not sure about possibility being hacked and the
site/exchange itself can be attack and your money/coins is not safe, a lots of people who understand the the system will prefer to use hard wallets.
michellee

Activity: 2758
Merit: 840

Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 08:37:31 AM

I think if we don't want to use the coin for trading, we can choose personal wallet like jaxx, coinomi, mycelium, electrum or else to keep our bitcoin or another coin. but if we want to use the coin for trading and we want to increase the amount, then maybe it is better to keep in the exchange so we can directly to do trade for each of coins. but remember, you need to make sure that our account safe from the attacker so we can trade without worry.

..BITWINUP..
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄██████░░██░░████████▄
██████░░░░░░░░░▀████████
█████████░░████▄░░████████
▐█████████░░████▀░░████████▌
▐█████████░░░░░░░░░░▀██████▌
▐█████████░░███████░░██████▌
███████▀▀░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░▄▄▄███████
▀██████▄▄██▄▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
UP OR DOWN?
.BITCOIN. PVP PREDECTION GAME

VS
▄███████████████████████▄
██                     ██
██  █████████████████  ██
██  ▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▀  ██
█▀  ▄███████████████▄  ▀█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██  ▄▄▄▄▄ ███ ███ ▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  █████▄ ▀███▀ ▄█████  ██
██  ███████▄▄▄▄▄███████  ██
██  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ██
MONTHLY
JACKPOT
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████▀▀██████████████▄
▄███▀░░▄▄░░▀▀███████████▄
▄███░░▄█████▄░████████████▄
████░░▀██████▀▀░░░░░▀██████
█████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄▄████▄░░█████
▀███████▄▄▄██░▀█████░░████▀
▀███████████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄███▀
▀█████████████▄▄▄█████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.Play to earn Crypto.
ogini

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 08:38:18 AM

If you are not trading any cryptocurrency at the time the best place to keep your cryptocurrency is the wallet because the exchange can be hacked and some exchange have also learn to hold people investment to ransom  
avirdoz
Legendary

Activity: 1191
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 08:58:39 AM

Depends on the goal that you pursue. If you are engaged in trading, then of course it is better to keep assets on the exchange. Wallet is the more secure way to keep your coins for a long term holding.
Robin_Good

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 09:10:21 AM

I choose wallet because I think it much more safer and also because I prefer to hold coins

TorbjornE

Activity: 148

The stock photography revolution

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 09:42:42 AM

I use many kinds of coins. If you install wallets for all coins, then it uses a lot of space and is unsafe (in some "hot" coin purses a virus may be hiding), so some coins are stored on the exchange.

╔═   PHOTOCHAIN.IO   ⚫   TRUSTED STOCK PHOTOGRAPHY   ═╗
╚══   REVOLUTION IN THE STOCK PHOTOGRAPHY MARKET   ══╝
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 07:19:18 AM

If it is ETH I think myetherwallet should be used. If you want to exchange I think it's a good idea to look for a quality trading platform such as bittrex, binance .... to keep bitcoin, eth or altcoin easy to trade.
The good thing however with some of the tokens today is that they are based on the ETH smart contract and that makes it easy to store everything in a single ETH wallet and hold the private key safely and even if I want to do any quick trade, I can easily make use of decentralized exchanges to do my thing.

I still have some coins on exchanges such as bittrex and binance, and hopefully, nothing happen to them, but nothing more than I could not handle even if both exchanges decide to fold up. I am sorry honestly I am not expecting them to do so. But in practical, we cannot do anything what is going to happen in future, I meant that alone.
jaggijagjit

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2018, 07:44:10 AM

It depends on you, if you are day trader then you can choose exchanges like Bittrex, Binnance, which will provide you good security features. or If you want to hold your coins for long term then Hardware wallet is best way to keep your coin secure.

▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀ ▄ ▀    GORECRUIT    ▀ ▄ ▀ ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▀▀
▬▬   ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE FOR HR BASED ON BLOCKCHAIN   ▬▬
Whitepaper   Telegram   [  Pre-Sale 》 24th October  ]   Facebook   Twitter
cramcram21

Activity: 854
Merit: 251

★777Coin.com★ Fun BTC Casino!

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 07:51:14 AM

For me it depends on the coin and if I need some money when I get the coin or token,
If I need some Fiat then I would deposit it in the trading site but if I don't then I would just keep it on hold in my wallet.

lisa_john

Activity: 119

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 09:04:19 AM

for a long term investment, it is safer to keep in your wallet. i use Coinbase and Exodus wallet.
for short term investment e.g. day trade, i would keep in exchange.
aray80

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 12:37:09 PM

I personally use both. I use my wallet to store my coins and tokens for long term and For exchange I use them for trading and do not use exchange to store longer my coins are there ...
Stamil

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2018, 12:49:48 PM

I prefer to keep my coins in my wallet, because it's more reliable. This method allows me not only to keep the funds safe, but also to get a good profit.
pro2017

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 12:56:39 PM

I feel safer with a hardware wallet.
But from time to time I have to keep it on the exchange.
markk94

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 01:00:14 PM

i am prefer to safe my coin in exchange for the "mid term" investment that will be sell when the price already good. but, for the coin that already noted best to be long term holding. i prefer online wallet for long term holding.
colenax

Activity: 376

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 01:11:24 PM

I think everyone knows that without you having to tell. everyone does the same thing when going to trade or just holding back the bitcoin or altcoin.

Hamphser

Activity: 2464
Merit: 325

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 01:17:12 PM

Basic thing and theres no need to repeat this kind of illustration yet there are lots of topic already towards this matter. Exchange wallets would only give advantage if you do make active trades but if you do tend to hold for long term then hardware wallets would be suggested. Storage will be depending on ones decision on where which path hes going either for long or short term.As long you are aware into your own coins then it should be fine.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
IrReAr

Activity: 742

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 01:19:50 PM

Wallet without fail... if the exchange gets shut down game over you loose out.
You must also consider trading patterns. If you are an intra-day trader no way you can move your coins every hour between wallet and exchange. But, if you plan to hold a coin for long time, not use it in your intra-day, then store it in a cold wallet.
Pumuckel21

Activity: 868
Merit: 251

Empowering crypto w/ sustainable energy

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 01:20:12 PM

To give you a very good advise never EVER store your crpyto coins/tokens at an exchange. There are multiple examples from the past that an exchange CAN be hacked and then Huh ... your coins are lost amigo Grin

▄█▄▀█████████████▀ ▐
     ▄███▄▀███████████▀ ▐ ▐
    ▄█████▄▀█████████▀ ▐ ▐ ▐
   ▄████████ ███████  ▐ ▐ ▐ ▐
  ███████████        ▐ ▐ ▐ ▐ ▐
 ███████████          ▐ ▐ ▐ ▐ ▐
███████████            ▐ ▐ ▐ ▐ ▐
 ███████████          ▐ ▐ ▐ ▐ ▐
  ███████████        ▐ ▐ ▐ ▐ ▐
   ▀████████ ███████  ▐ ▐ ▐ ▐
    ▀█████▀▄█████████▄ ▐ ▐ ▐
     ▀███▀▄███████████▄ ▐ ▐