Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:35:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New phishing email MEW  (Read 201 times)
btccrusher

Activity: 742
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2018, 07:50:57 AM

Thank you so much for the awareness. I never received such emails.
Everyone should be cautious of such scam activity, any further steps should be taken by checking official updates in the official social channel.
Also, users have nothing to do with MyEtherWallet updates, that's the thing the dev team will do. Just never try to disclose your private key, stay safe forever.
aizen10

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 08:05:01 AM

Once in a while a new phishing email spread trying to scam new Ethereum users and sometimes even old once. Today I have received one of those, it has been long since the last time I got one so I thought I post it here to give a warning to new users and also because the email I got did not go to junk mail, so someone might really fall in this trap. First of all please flag the email if you received one. Here is how the email looks like.

It will have a title like ( My Ethereumwallet security update) something along this line. So please do not fall into this trap and stay safe.  Smiley

luckily i didnt received any emails like that yet, and i dont want to, because honestly i am so easy to get convince about all the news/info in crypto activity, so i guest i will fall into this trap. so thanks for the warning.
hotimbineh

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 08:41:58 AM

EMAIL like this is often included in our e-mail, so we have to be careful and usually they will warn us to update, and finally our MEW will be controlled. MEW is still safe until now unless we are not careful with our private keys to easily enter phishing sites

chandrarahmadewa

Activity: 308
Merit: 49

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 08:46:07 AM

Thank you for the warning of new fraud, I just saw it on the poster you made. It's strange for the integration of MEW applications with e-mail, so we already know this is a form of fraud via e-mail
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: