Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:14:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The future of payment?  (Read 465 times)
xzoit (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 05:59:33 PM

Hey guys, after my growing interest in the bitcoin, i've finally created an account on this forum.

But to start off with something - i would like to ask a few question's which still seems unanswered to a lot of people.

Yesterday i was holding a presentation about bitcoin for a group of young students, and i showed them the increasing popularity and the increasing trend of using these digital coins, and they actually never heard about it before, and i think it was a kind of mind opener for them to hear about that there does exist an online cryptocurrency which you can buy drugs, clothes, and electronics for. But i've asked them a few questions which seemed hard for them to answer, so i would like to ask them to the forum instead, to hear some different opinions about this  Cool

What do you think the futuristic payment method is going to be like?

If Bitcoin’s become more popular - do you think it would have an impact on the current banking system, and how would it effect them?

What do you think the value of 1 Bitcoin would be in 2015? And could it replace gold, or other natural resources as an payment?

Is Bitcoin just an bubble - just as we saw back in 2000 where internet companies where bought for several millions even tho they weren't "worth" anything, and with existing competition from other online currencies, would there be a chance that we would see an major drop in the Bitcoin exchange in the nearly future?
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cyborgphionex

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 09:36:22 PM

The future of payment will definitely be some form of distributed, electronic payment. Governments might try to fight/regulate it, but ultimately, any truly distributed system can't be fully controlled.

If bitcoins become more popular, they could either be hated by the banks, or embraced. In the long run, the banks that embrace it and offer some form of support for their clients who want to use bitcoin will probably have a huge advantage from the experience of working with bitcoins.
jimsmt

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 09:51:32 PM

LOL have you heard about the Space currency that PayPal are going to make XD  Roll Eyes probably be electronic though. Definately an impact, and those big banks will try to destroy bitcoins :@ Value? Erm, probably like 1BitCoin = 1.54 USD, maybe. No, BitCoin is actually proving to be quite popular and I think that it will stay that way
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: