Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:53:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Computer Scientists Prove God Exists  (Read 25203 times)
dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 03:47:18 AM

Was what I said not enough?  Magic, that is the fifth dimension.  You become god because you are god, you are conscious.

NO.  It wasn't enough.  Science teaches us that magic does not exist, and even offers to pay a million dollars should magic be proven.
http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/1m-challenge.html

I explained the 4th dimension clear enough for anyone to understand.  Can you explain the 5th dimension and how it adds to space + time?
Ah, I beg to differ.  I have held back a piece of a cloud from moving, with witnesses.  I have observed a stationary lamp leap off a table.  I have seen the impossible.  I know two people who have experienced levitation, one of them actually floating himself, yes, with sober witnesses around.

I have ran my car on empty off the power of consciousness.  I have quantum healed a dog of cancer by believing he was healthy.

And I assume more magic (or miracles) will come with time.

The fifth dimension adds the variable of omnipotent consciousness into the equation of life.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2013, 04:11:52 AM

Their proof is that there is a limit to what can be conceived, and that limit is god? Well, it's not the Christian, Hebrew, or Muslim god. I don't really see how it's god at all, actually. Just a supreme limit that nothing can be conceived beyond...

By the way, scientists have disproven god a long time ago. Einstein said that god doesn't play dice with the universe, meaning that nothing is random and everything is planned and predetermined, and then quantum physics came out and proved that things in the universe are random and not planned out at all (maybe even killing a cat in the process, but we don't know), meaning god wasn't around to guide anything, or is just playing with dice, and thus was unimportant. Anyone can play with dice to make the universe completely random, or the universe can just be completely random on its own.

Ahh, but not all scientists have disproven God and this article shows that doesn't it?  Could scientist be wrong?  

It seems completely illogical to think that the universe is random to me.  How could something so complex as our universe happen by chance?  

Just so you know, I posted my reply half in jest. Like, "Oh yeah? Will some other scientists said this. You don't doubt Einstein, do you?" Just because these scientists figured this out, doesn't mean they proved god's existence. They basically attributed some concept to the word "god," in much the same way as dank calls the whole universe "god." It's just redefining a word to make your idea sound special, but doesn't actually mean anything. I call a spork "a divine all knowing oracle," but it's just a spork, just like space is just space, and this is just a math function.

As for your question, imagine rolling a 6 sided dice, getting a 1, and then saying "That is impossible! How could I have rolled a 1, when it could have been any one of 6 different numbers?" It doesn't matter. It happened. If there was a one in bazillion chance, and it happened, then it just plain happened. Extremely improbable doesn't mean impossible. If you wish to believe that it happened with a purpose, feel free to keep doing it if it makes you comfortable. For me, it's easier to think that it just happened because there was a chance that it could.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2013, 04:15:25 AM

Remember: there has never been a single fact, theory, or model that science has been able to prove beyond all doubt, and as long as the scientific method is utilized, this will remain the case forever.

Science can't prove shit.  Never has, never will.

Which is exactly why it is the most trustworthy method we have. I trust someone who says "I don't know everything, but based on this and this, the answer is probably this" much more than I trust someone who says "I know everything, and out mpof my ass, the answer is this. DON'T QUESTION ME!"
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2013, 04:22:58 AM

The real question is "How did the super-compressed ball of energy originate?

It always has been and always will.  It was never created, it just has always existed.

OK, let's say this is true, and it has always existed. If you look out into space, you can see that everything is rapidly flying away from everything else. The universe is expanding. If the universe always existed, what is it expanding from? What was the universe before everything was all together in a single spot it's expanding out of?
kentrolla

Activity: 1540
Merit: 564

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2013, 04:36:13 AM

But guys, the tide comes in and the tide goes out. You can't explain that

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 04:44:26 AM

It always has been and always will.  It was never created, it just has always existed.

OK, let's say this is true, and it has always existed. If you look out into space, you can see that everything is rapidly flying away from everything else. The universe is expanding. If the universe always existed, what is it expanding from? What was the universe before everything was all together in a single spot it's expanding out of?
Think beyond our physical universe.  Consciousness has always existed and always will.

Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
just_me

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

Jesus Christ Saves Sinners

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 04:45:47 AM

I figured this article would cause some interesting discussions on here!

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/computer-scientists-prove-god-exists/story?id=20678984

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/335543-scientists-prove-god-exists-german-scientists-say-they-have/

I find it fascinating. 

From one of the articles:
Gödel’s theorem is based on modal logic, a type of formal logic that, narrowly defined, involves the use of the expressions “necessarily” and “possibly,” according to Stanford University.

The theorem says that God, or a supreme being, is that for which no greater can be conceived. God exists in the understanding. If God exists in the understanding, we could imagine Him to be greater by existing in reality. Therefore, God must exist.

Paleo and Benzmüller say that they have proven that the theorem is correct, at least on a mathematical level.

God as the pinnacle, or peak, and none greater can be concieved.
I think I get the logic.
If God only exists in the understanding but not in reality; then God existing in the reality, would be greater than God existing only in the understanding; therefore God must exist. (because there is none greater than God, and in order to fulfill that logic/reasoning, therefore if God existing in reality is greater than God existing only in understanding, then God must exist in reality then.

I changed the words a bit. I did not understand at first, but I kind of see what they are getting at. Smiley

Today is the day that the Lord has made, lets be glad and rejoice in it
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2013, 05:09:33 AM

However, the scientists are happy to use these same fallible minds (or 'subjects' as the joint nicely put it) to interpret other experiments. What makes those experiments better? Empirical evidence. And what makes empirical evidence so special? Well, it allows others to review it because two heads are better than one, right?

Actually no, wrong. It makes it special for one simple reason: relevance. If it affects everyone, as can be tested by repeating the experiment, then it is relevant to everyone, and can be used to change or influence everyone's world. If it is just some single guy's crazy fantasy, or even some single guy's crazy realty, but does not affect anyone else other than that one guy, that it's nothing but a nice story that doesn't really matter to anyone else. For instance, it's nice that dank can supposedly exist in many dimensions, but it is irrelevant to everyone else, and is this nothing but a useless stupid story.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2013, 05:18:00 AM

Think beyond our physical universe.  Consciousness has always existed and always will.

Do you know anything that is not based on your experience in the world? I would guess no. So, if we need to experience the world to think about the world and stuff in general, what were we doing and thinking about for trillions of years before the physical universe existed?
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2013, 05:25:06 AM

If God superstring particles only exist in the understanding but not in reality; then God superstring particles existing in the reality, would be greater than God superstring particles existing only in the understanding; therefore God superstring particles must exist. (because there is none greater than God 10th dimensional superstring particles, and in order to fulfill that logic/reasoning, therefore if God superstring particles existing in reality is greater than God superstring particles existing only in understanding, then God superstring particles must exist in reality then.

I replaced one fancyword with another fancyword, and it still works... Can you guys see that just slapping the word "god" into this doesn't actually do anything other than make up some new definition of the word god?
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2013, 06:38:49 AM

everything i think comes true Smiley
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 07:32:41 AM

I'm not even going to waste my time clicking the link and reading the article.

So, what you're trying to say is: challenging your pre-existing beliefs would be too unprejudiced and open-minded for you?

LOL, nice try. No, the headline has been clearly orchestrated to suck people in. I can tell without reading it, it will contain no proof.

interlagos

Activity: 496
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 08:45:52 AM
Last edit: November 02, 2013, 02:26:05 PM by interlagos

It's pretty simple when you think (or don't) about it.  If you can imagine something, it exists because you have connected to that reality where it does.  We are multidimensional beings, thoughts are other dimensions, other realities that we connect to.  If you can think of an all powerful conscious being, it surely exists.

What if I imagine a universe that operates according to physical laws without any sort of god or supernatural beings?

Then you wouldn't be there Smiley
That universe wouldn't have a recipe or any kind of pre-existing idea of you for you to ever show up there.
It wouldn't know you.

Here are a few short but insightful videos on the topic:

"Existence" (3:22)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41dGJwufXPc

"Why do we exist?" (1:47)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njKs8v61kMU

"I Am" (2:48)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Xe0-cSZ6gE

Also, talking about dimensions, it might be more relevant to talk about dimensions of a primary substance, that is consciousness, rather than dimensions of a secondary by product of it, which is space-time.

"12 dimensions of consciousness part 1" (9:59)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiIEyxZFtxw

"12 dimensions of consciousness part 2" (9:58)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KaBPBzlX2Y

"12 dimensions of consciousness part 3" (9:59)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cq5KO-uQack

PS: the total length is in (min:sec)
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3050

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2013, 09:04:47 AM

Ah, I beg to differ.  I have held back a piece of a cloud from moving, with witnesses.  I have observed a stationary lamp leap off a table.  I have seen the impossible.  I know two people who have experienced levitation, one of them actually floating himself, yes, with sober witnesses around.

I have ran my car on empty off the power of consciousness.  I have quantum healed a dog of cancer by believing he was healthy.

The fifth dimension adds the variable of omnipotent consciousness into the equation of life.

Quantum healed?   Huh

Wow.  All I asked was what the 5th dimension was.  Can you explain it?

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
interlagos

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 10:49:01 AM

Quantum healed?   Huh

Wow.  All I asked was what the 5th dimension was.  Can you explain it?

You should really watch the "12 dimensions of consciousness" videos above.
It has 5th dimension and more Smiley
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 11:11:30 AM

Like you paying back your debts for example. I won't hold my breath.

the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 12:56:38 PM

Remember: there has never been a single fact, theory, or model that science has been able to prove beyond all doubt, and as long as the scientific method is utilized, this will remain the case forever.

Science can't prove shit.  Never has, never will.

Which is exactly why it is the most trustworthy method we have. I trust someone who says "I don't know everything, but based on this and this, the answer is probably this" much more than I trust someone who says "I know everything, and out mpof my ass, the answer is this. DON'T QUESTION ME!"

I trust myself more than I trust anyone else, kind of like how I trust me more than anyone else to keep my bitcoins safe.  I think if you had two bitcoin exchanges offering to secure your coins, you'd opt out of both options and just do it yourself.

Also, most trustworthy (in a peer-reviewed, empirical context only) does not mean best, most accurate, etc.  Which is good, because it's not.  It's utterly useless for describing non-empirical things, such as its own reliance on abstract mathematical laws.

Here's a fun quote describing the scientific attitude: "'Reality consists of all and only that to which we can apply a protocol which cannot be applied to its own (mathematical) ingredients and is therefore unreal.'  Mandating the use of “unreality” to describe “reality” is rather questionable in anyone’s protocol." 
interlagos

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 02:40:52 PM
Last edit: November 02, 2013, 03:32:24 PM by interlagos

I'm cross-posting this video from the "Jesus Christ" thread, as it surprisingly has relevance to this discussion, as it touches upon the existence itself and multiplicity of parallel realities, when dealing with the questions of whether something is/was true or not. Thus the validity of certain statements is transformed from the realm of "absolute truth" and "absolute lie" to a "measure of relevance" with regards to a position/state of the one asking or asserting. The only thing that does seem to be absolute is one's own existence.

"Did Jesus Christ Actually Exist?" (3:00)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwbUL6XsUQI

I would encourage readers to watch the first three videos (a few minutes long each) I posted on a previous page, as this one is a continuation of that train of thought to some degree, even though it brings some new information (about Jesus), that cannot be derived from simple logic and definitions within our language constructs, so take it as a gift if you wish Smiley

PS: total length is in (min:sec)
dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 03:33:12 PM

Do you know anything that is not based on your experience in the world? I would guess no. So, if we need to experience the world to think about the world and stuff in general, what were we doing and thinking about for trillions of years before the physical universe existed?
I don't know what you've been doing for eternity, that's in your control.  You were probably in a different physical universe.  If our universe is indeed a bubble, or even if it's not, there are surely infinite dimensions or multiverses in the same exact spot.

However, the scientists are happy to use these same fallible minds (or 'subjects' as the joint nicely put it) to interpret other experiments. What makes those experiments better? Empirical evidence. And what makes empirical evidence so special? Well, it allows others to review it because two heads are better than one, right?

Actually no, wrong. It makes it special for one simple reason: relevance. If it affects everyone, as can be tested by repeating the experiment, then it is relevant to everyone, and can be used to change or influence everyone's world. If it is just some single guy's crazy fantasy, or even some single guy's crazy realty, but does not affect anyone else other than that one guy, that it's nothing but a nice story that doesn't really matter to anyone else. For instance, it's nice that dank can supposedly exist in many dimensions, but it is irrelevant to everyone else, and is this nothing but a useless stupid story.
Until that crazy guy resurrected from the dead to prove the eternity of the soul.  And until another crazy guy starts flying.  Then you will believe a very relevant story.

It's pretty great, I can fly in my dreams on command now.  Can't wait till that one sunny day.

Indeed they will vokain.

Vod, you can only help yourself, I have done my best.

kentrolla

Activity: 1540
Merit: 564

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2013, 04:44:22 PM

I don't know what you've been doing for eternity, that's in your control.  You were probably in a different physical universe.  If our universe is indeed a bubble, or even if it's not, there are surely infinite dimensions or multiverses in the same exact spot.

Until that crazy guy resurrected from the dead to prove the eternity of the soul.  And until another crazy guy starts flying.  Then you will believe a very relevant story.

It's pretty great, I can fly in my dreams on command now.  Can't wait till that one sunny day.

Indeed they will vokain.

Vod, you can only help yourself, I have done my best.
flying in your dreams is fun. It interesting because its something you get better and better at the more practice you have. Its like a real skill. I've had dreams where I'm teaching people how to fly.  Also, I can run really fast (like 500mph) by taking really long strides.  Each stride I get faster and faster.  I land facing sideways and right after I jump I turn the way I'm facing. Idk why, But this picks up speed.  There are definitely many other skills you can learn while dreaming.  Granted, they only work in Dreams.  But it feels like I'm learning a skill.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: