Bitcoin Forum
October 16, 2018, 03:47:21 PM *
News: Make sure you are not using versions of Bitcoin Core other than 0.17.0 [Torrent], 0.16.3, 0.15.2, or 0.14.3. More info.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what is the different between bitcoin,altcoin and ethereum?  (Read 109 times)
Arnegisel

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 07:35:33 AM

Bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency. Father of all cryptocurrencies. It is the first to introduce blockchain technology. Ethereum is famous for the fact that it is very easy to write smart contracts. A small part of altcoins acts as tokens of some projects. And the rest of the altcoins are Scam projects.

I agree with most of your statement. However, I'm curious as to which altcoins are scam projects? I'm aware of Bitconnect, etc,.. but those have not had unique coins created just for the scam. The scammers used existing coins (eg Bitcoin) as a form to exchange.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
p4npos

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 10:50:33 PM

They are the different names of cryptocurrencies. Bitcoin is the most famous one with the biggest market value. Bitcoin is the proud son of cryptocurrency. Bitcoin has the power to single handedly change the landscape of  the cryptocurrency market.
Elyenlayna

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 08:17:21 AM

Bitcoin was the first cryptocurrency and the
strongest all other coins like Ethereum etc that came after fall under
 Altcoins (alternate coins).

patron bounty

Activity: 92

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 09:19:50 AM

Bitcoin is an electronic money made in 2009 by Satoshi Nakamoto. The design of Bitcoin allows for anonymous ownership and transfer of wealth.
The length of Altcoin is alternativecoin which means coin-coin other than bitcoin.
Ethereum is a public peer-to-peer network or a blockchain with its own digital currency called Ether
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.