Bitcoin Forum
August 31, 2024, 08:49:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: An altcoin idea that I will propably never go through with  (Read 122 times)
nyoa (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 11:33:51 AM

Hey,

I'm just your regular crypto investors that uses bitcointalk mostly to smell for some new opportunities and to stay ahead in the information warfare. I haven't done any actual coding on anything related to cryptos, and thats why it's unlikely I'm able to do anything with this idea. I'll just share it here to keep new ideas flowing in the industry.

The whole idea would be about having a system like Steemit but it would be focused on sex industry. It would reward people for writing, or recording themselves telling the stories and reward the ones that are liked by the consumers. There are a lot of amateur writers sharing their content for free on the net and I think adding the audio would bring another level to the experience for those who'd like to listen rather than read.

What do you think. Would there be any market for an app such as this out there? Or is there already something that offers a similar service released?
Agozyen

Activity: 672
Merit: 252

Until the end

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 11:54:21 AM

Hey,

I'm just your regular crypto investors that uses bitcointalk mostly to smell for some new opportunities and to stay ahead in the information warfare. I haven't done any actual coding on anything related to cryptos, and thats why it's unlikely I'm able to do anything with this idea. I'll just share it here to keep new ideas flowing in the industry.

The whole idea would be about having a system like Steemit but it would be focused on sex industry. It would reward people for writing, or recording themselves telling the stories and reward the ones that are liked by the consumers. There are a lot of amateur writers sharing their content for free on the net and I think adding the audio would bring another level to the experience for those who'd like to listen rather than read.

What do you think. Would there be any market for an app such as this out there? Or is there already something that offers a similar service released?

Technically speaking something like this exists, but it is not limited to just the sex industry.  If you use the Brave browser (which is pretty good) and get yourself some BAT tokens (they are made to work with each other), it is possible to reward content providers just by viewing their content.  I recently started to use the Brave browser after the Facebook privacy shitstorm started up.
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 12:10:24 PM

Brave is a pretty cool browser and feels very much like Chrome and they are adding a lot of extensions, BAT and Brave together could really work well in the future as we see all these privacy issues come to light.
Agozyen

Activity: 672
Merit: 252

Until the end

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 01:18:57 PM

Brave is a pretty cool browser and feels very much like Chrome and they are adding a lot of extensions, BAT and Brave together could really work well in the future as we see all these privacy issues come to light.

I agree 100%.  The amount of data mining that is happening to us is massive and will only get worse.  I've already deleted Facebook from my phone.
kevoh

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 01:54:18 PM

To the best of my knowledge, I think Lunyr project offers something similar although it is not focused on the sex industry.
Trust me sex sells. We have seen products unrelated to sex but using sex to market the product. With this, I believe there is a significant portion of the market that can be captured.
nyoa (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 09:55:41 PM

Thanks for your feedback! I also think that an app specifically targeted to this purpose could be a potential success and I'm actually quite surprised that nobody has done it yet (as you said, there are a few projects that have some crossing surface but don't target this sector exclusively).

It's a shame that I don't know how to start a project as big as this. I would really like to see this come to fruition because it could potentially be the thing that makes crypto useful for the common user. I admit there are a lot of projects that do tie crypto to actual services, but I believe that sex is the one people want and need instead of it being mere curiosity.
Thenuka99

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 05:16:00 PM

"IT" is actually the most selling industry on EARTH,  if/when someone started a concept like that there is a huge chance of getting it more popular for sure, but there are some platforms that based on that, but your concept is a new one, It is yet to start a platform for Stories and Audios.

we can find thousands of websites, blogs , forums, just dedicated to this, a crypto based project is yet to launch. so whoever is brave enough to start a platform like that, a place where you can write, record, share your stories, not necessarily real ones, but creative ones, and getting paid like Steemit that will be one of the most popular platforms ever.
Dart18

Activity: 1400
Merit: 259

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 05:23:52 PM

Thanks for your feedback! I also think that an app specifically targeted to this purpose could be a potential success and I'm actually quite surprised that nobody has done it yet (as you said, there are a few projects that have some crossing surface but don't target this sector exclusively).

It's a shame that I don't know how to start a project as big as this. I would really like to see this come to fruition because it could potentially be the thing that makes crypto useful for the common user. I admit there are a lot of projects that do tie crypto to actual services, but I believe that sex is the one people want and need instead of it being mere curiosity.

You might create a lot of money with this.
There will always be customers when it comes to that field and some do pay just so to watch or tip others that have a good story with their sex life.

I mean, you will just need funds and a team but do not go using ICO just to create money for yourself. I hope you get this right and somehow be fruitful.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: