Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:54:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will it happen again?  (Read 710 times)
ucingucingan (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 11:45:08 AM

if you look at the price development chart of the last two years, the beginning of the year always starts with a weakening price as if bitcoin will be destroyed, what I question is whether the pattern will return and continue to recur in the current year and the next few years?
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 12:06:07 PM

the pattern will be repeated but it doesn't have to be as visible and obvious as previous times.
for example last year we were in the middle of a big bull run and also there were a lot of good news and media coverage that worked as advertisement for bitcoin. this year we still don't have either of them.

we can see the drop stop or some small rises during summer if the bear market were to continue that long and that will be the repetition of the same pattern as previous years.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
w33man

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 12:08:37 PM

if you look at the price development chart of the last two years, the beginning of the year always starts with a weakening price as if bitcoin will be destroyed, what I question is whether the pattern will return and continue to recur in the current year and the next few years?

It might however not the same way as how it happened for the recent years. This year could be better or not for crypto. We can just safely say that crypto is becoming main stream and more and more investors and traders are getting into crypto which is good for the market.
Pain Packer

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 12:14:10 PM

If you truly look at the charts, it show that bitcoin drop always at the start of each year. But it gradually recover over the following months. The recent news about crypto give some people some chance to look into it and invest in crypto so better watch out for the price recover in the following months.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]              
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬    
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
idgaf007

Activity: 126
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 12:20:02 PM

I guess it has a high possibility because people tend to have develop a habit or idea that little by little becomes the norm. Just like the thought that you think it will happen again. Hopefully it does so people can regain confidence in the market once again.

●  ▌█  Dbrain - AI happens  |  Sign up for Alpha  █▐  ●
A blockchain platform to collectively build AI apps
andeonnut

Activity: 238
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 12:26:27 PM

I don't know that I buy into the annual cycle narrative. There are some strong data points but not a sure thing.

▰▰▰   MODULE   ▰▰▰
▐▃ CRYPTOECONOMIC ECOSYSTEM ON A CLOUD STORAGE NETWORK ▃▌
https://modltoken.io/
trecore4

Activity: 658
Merit: 260

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 12:27:12 PM

Nope. It has got nothing to do with the last years patterns and they might just reflect them but they might not be with the same intentions. I mean the price does rely on many factors which are going on always and they are different all the time. Where last year at the same point of year Japan declared the good news of accepting the crypto currency as legal tender and today we have no news like that. I do believe that Japan tried to create one by G20 summit but the effect doesn't seem to be strong enough to move market upwards.

However, the time is not far when we will see the prices resetting to the ATH and what we have to is stay strong and keep investing, thats all I would say really.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
dinar99

Activity: 88
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 12:29:30 PM

If you truly look at the charts, it show that bitcoin drop always at the start of each year. But it gradually recover over the following months. The recent news about crypto give some people some chance to look into it and invest in crypto so better watch out for the price recover in the following months.

yes, maybe bitcoin can be rise in last of the year.
Johnny Lgz

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 12:32:55 PM

If what happen this past two years is a movie then why can we just replay it again? We are the second factor that it may cause happen, just imagine if we could double the number of people who will join us this year, isn't it the possibility of the last peak Bitcoin price can be achieve again?
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 12:36:44 PM

Well there is obvious a pattern you are right.
But history shouldn't be used to predict the future, at least this is what you often will hear. Smiley
When you speak about the last two years you should also take into account, that this was the time where we left a 20 month long bear market (2014/2015) behind us. The price started to climb significantly again in october/november 2015.

However right now we are in a different situation. These two years you are talking about ( 2016/2017) were an amazing bull run as we know. So it could be possible that we will see more a pattern playing out like in early 2014, as we ended the 2013 bullrun and went into this long bear market.
If that should be the case I hope it'll play out much faster, talking about 6-10 months here, as Bitcoin itself and the whole crypto ecosystem is much bigger and diverse.
ajqjjj

Activity: 1498
Merit: 507

Not your Keys, not your Bitcoin

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 12:37:11 PM

This year also same pattern Because June month Russian government is legalised in cryptocurrency so we should expect the bull run in this year. But peoples are still panic in current situation. So all the investors are waiting for the day it will going to peak in end of June. So don't worry to cryptocurrency it will always supporting to investors.

-support Bitcoin Community Bitcointalk.org-
Always verify wallet to store your Bitcoin
Donations are open, send PM
vonnyaries

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 12:38:16 PM

the pattern is like that every year but dont makes a high hopes about the pattern maybe in this year the pattern is not like that, maybe in this time the pattern will be different and will going down, but i believe that it wont happen in bitcoin now, because as we know that bitcoin is more popular and more popoular than before and i hope that bitcoin will rise again

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████   PARTICIPATE NOW!
  █████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
██ █  Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 12:40:09 PM

2018 is a unique year, probably it is different from the other years. If you want to ask why here are my answers. First, bitcoin was overvalued and thus there is a need for correction thus the price drops from 20k$ since that price is too much. Second, after the correction in value bitcoin hits 10k$ but several issues and negative news hits bitcoin thus it fell down to 6700$. But there is one thing that we should know, the price drop were not done by whales it was done by several people who panicked because of the news. This means that their is a higher chance that bitcoin will recover soon.
veleten
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1106

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 12:43:47 PM

this drop is not seasonal per se
it is due to the market going up too fast too soon
also due to many factors like rumours about more stringent internet  control globally,global markets falling down,risks of war,China banning ICOs,Japan introducing draconian rules for the exchanges etc.
one thing is for sure:bitcoin is here to stay and this time last year people would be so happy to have even half of the current price
so,yes,it can happen again and we haven't reached the lowest low yet and no,bitcoin is not going to drop to 1-2 k as many nosayers predict

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
[/t
Morgann

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 12:50:20 PM

it might but not in the same way. bitcoin is already famous now and it is already legal to some countries it also use as a payment method. bitcoin will be more famous but in the price is not. bitcoin will be pumping and dumping because it is a currency but the price will never be the same like the last 2years.
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 12:54:12 PM

Yes that's right, at the beginning of the year always happens it and we will feel panic of course. The decline in the Bitcoin price is greatly felt by many people and when they experience it there is a tremendous sense of panic. with calm then we will be able to maintain the circumstances and in the end we will get a profit when Bitcoin prices start to improve.
  Smiley
taliwang

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 12:56:24 PM

Experiences like the years that have been, may also be repeated, at the beginning of the year bitcoin as if killed and resurrected after that
glowing10

Activity: 812
Merit: 142

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 12:57:36 PM

I don't know that I buy into the annual cycle narrative. There are some strong data points but not a sure thing.

When the market has fallen to it low it is the best time to start buying rather than keep waiting for more fall and which may not happen and price shoots up quickly like 1000- 2000$ and then you will not be able to buy more coin due to price rise.
xiaohao111

Activity: 126
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 12:59:44 PM

Yes, if you look at the changes in the price of bitcoin over the past few years, you will find that bitcoin will recover after a few months of decline, so we don't have to worry about the death of bitcoin. So I think it's a good time to buy bitcoins.
simaislam

Activity: 93

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 01:19:02 PM

well,I really hope that it'll happen again. because in my experience I can see that the last two year we were in the middle of a big bull run and also there were a lot of good news and media coverage that worked as advertisement for bitcoin.this year we still don't have either of them.we can see the drop stop or some small rises during summer if the bear market were to continue that long and that will be the repetition of the same pattern as previous years.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: