Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:21:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: The FBI Warns About Scams On Crypto Users  (Read 488 times)
crestella (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 12:19:58 PM

'Fraud Technical Support' by the FBI Internet Crime Compaint Center (IC3) the agency released a public notice regarding the increase in fraudulent activity. By 2017, they receive 11,000 complaints with a total loss of $ 15 Million.

IC3 notes that criminals act as security, customers, or technical support representatives who offer to resolve the issue. And when contact is formed, they go to their plan.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dutchyyy
Legendary

Activity: 1197
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 12:30:46 PM

'Fraud Technical Support' by the FBI Internet Crime Compaint Center (IC3) the agency released a public notice regarding the increase in fraudulent activity. By 2017, they receive 11,000 complaints with a total loss of $ 15 Million.

IC3 notes that criminals act as security, customers, or technical support representatives who offer to resolve the issue. And when contact is formed, they go to their plan.

This is nothing! Why they don't publish how many non-crypto complaints they got and what is the loss there. I'm sure that the numbers will be x100 the crypto losses!

They are making it to scare people who are still staying away from crypto. If you don't have common sense and you are greedy as f, you will be scammed anyway.
luongdk

Activity: 686
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 01:26:46 PM

This is not something new, hackers are extremely active in crypto sphere, because there are no laws regulating crypto, thus nobody will come to police accusing someone  stole eth or btc. On the other hand, such news are published to manipulate market, because in reality % of scams on non-crypto users is far higher
krauzzer02

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 03:15:02 PM

Fraudulent activities made by those scum criminal are literally everywhere, traditional way or cryptocurrency they will always find their way in to fool people and make tons of money out of the pocket from other people, there are tons of other cases outside the cryptocurrency world that is happening on a daily basis, the figure is large but that is nothing compared to a real-time scammers online and physical investment schemes, the increase in the number of fraudulent activities on this field is normal as the trend to bitcoin is spreading throughout the globe.
jacafbiz

Activity: 2072
Merit: 529

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 03:25:40 PM

The number of scam in the space has increased drastically and this is a concern, if one look at the number of ICOs that has ended a scam and the ways people are losing their tokens in their wallet and also the number of ICO websites that were hacked, I think the $15 million mentioned is very conservative

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 03:40:44 PM

LOL. What do you expect that is their job to do it. Crypto is now Wild West. It was easy to find Gold on Wild West, more tricky was to bring t safe to not starve or get shoot to some city to sell it for a cosy ranch.  

Most people here bother with what coin to buy and day trading and try to get a bit more. But what is mot important is to keep your coins safe. You can get 10% or 100% more or even 1000% more. But if someone steal them from you at end you will have exactly nothing.  And it is so easy to scam people and steal their coins.
oxonhu

Activity: 336
Merit: 111

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 04:59:27 PM

nothing really important . I also warn people for scammers so what ? look at binance official twitter. there are guys have  similar binance username and they are saying that they are giving away eth but you must send some eth to them. there are many ''newbies'' sending eth to those scammers. We all have to be careful about scammers. Many ICOs are also scamm. Must be careful that is it.

5ensei

Activity: 728
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 09:29:18 AM

I'm sure the real number is much higher than that. The reason it is low is that a lot of this type of crime is unreported, plus the value of bitcoin and ethereum is lower than it should be. Also there are the scams where the victims are outside of the USA so won't be reported to them. ICO scammers need to be policed to clean up and protect the industry.

Telegram ❒◀           █▆▅▃▂    GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain    ▂▃▅▆█        Whitepaper❒◀
             Twitter❒◀               The world's first complete decentralized location-based services infrastructure            Facebook❒◀
Crypto_lion

Activity: 630
Merit: 11

NEW MEDICINE:Faster, Safer, Smarter

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 09:31:58 AM

How do i interpret this ? Are the federal bureau of investigation trying to create a FUD here and are they genuinely trying to make regulations to prevent this from happening?

❱_    ClinTex     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     NEW MEDICINE:   Faster,   Safer,   Smarter
   ❪  TELEGRAM  ❫                 ❪  TWITTER  ❫                 ❪  LINKEDIN  ❫   
██████████████████████   J O I N   ██████████████████████
ovisovyant1

Activity: 80
Merit: 11

EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 11:35:59 AM

The number of scam in the space has increased drastically and this is a concern, if one look at the number of ICOs that has ended a scam and the ways people are losing their tokens in their wallet and also the number of ICO websites that were hacked, I think the $15 million mentioned is very conservative
Yeah, you're right
Now there is too much fraud on ICO, I have followed several telegram groups from ICO investors which they created and named the group as ICO deception victims they follow. As an example : https://t.me/CircleCoalition , https://t.me/denarochat

goyal.dkg

Merit: 14

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 11:43:38 AM

SCAMs are everywhere not just in crypto .
even crypto scam is easy to guess for experienced investor .

however hacking is diff issue , still here hacker need to guess your key which is impossible so they can only go with phishing links or malware .

so just be alert nothing to worry apart from this .
goyal.dkg

Merit: 14

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 11:45:36 AM

How do i interpret this ? Are the federal bureau of investigation trying to create a FUD here and are they genuinely trying to make regulations to prevent this from happening?

IMO they are just making people aware to know which is scam which is not .
bcoz people buy anything blindly in crypto .

for example telegram ico is still not open for public sale , but many scammers launched site on 'Gram' or 'TON' .
they asked people to refer and earn tokens , some people even invested in that scam .
ekn222

Activity: 120

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 11:52:41 AM

and some poeople still think there is no need for regulations
Akramovkomer

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 05:39:46 PM

Yes, every day we have to be more careful and cautious I think. and then one day you can also become a victim of fraud
BattleZeo

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

Global loyalty & rewards

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 08:53:03 PM

Not just ICO shall be regulated, but also every coin shall be ruled by law, because they are relative, but now no government even accepts cryptocurrencies. Maybe one of the reason why the crypto market is hot and profitable - scam and unexecutable project. After law begin to restrict the market, perhaps we will find this market is not really profitable as we think now.

adroitful_one
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1041

1GhxHtabWhEpdb7e7oEJ2vd542n33BwTHR

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 09:10:55 PM

This really isn't much of a surprise. There's just so much scamming going on from people in this technology. I for one am just glad to see that the people getting scammed are actually reporting it to the authorities to try and track down some of these scammers. I really wish they would release the arrest statistics. Really interested in how many of these scammers have gotten punished. It may prevent someone from wanting to scam someone else in the future if they know that the FBI is actively pursuing crypto scammers.
vincentong17

Activity: 266
Merit: 17

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 09:41:50 PM

Not just ICO shall be regulated, but also every coin shall be ruled by law, because they are relative, but now no government even accepts cryptocurrencies. Maybe one of the reason why the crypto market is hot and profitable - scam and unexecutable project. After law begin to restrict the market, perhaps we will find this market is not really profitable as we think now.
I'm sure it gets mainstream  and they just want their citizen to be more careful on their investment. If government has jurisdiction we could pay taxes. however the crypto market will get bullish if it was done by the government and implementation will began shortly this year. i Hope those scam project will eliminate.
MarchToke

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 09:48:32 PM
Last edit: April 02, 2018, 09:33:43 AM by MarchToke

More and more scammers are in this crypto market and even in this forum....We need to be extra careful for that since scam project looks really real. I have been scammed before when I was a newbie because of my inocense but now I learned many things to avoid from scammers.

ene1980

Activity: 2002
Merit: 535

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 10:19:37 PM

The real problem is that the scammers are getting real smart and they are plotting schemes to trap innocent users and being masking as a technical support it can give them unlimited power and thereby scam you by collecting your sensitive information and these sort of call centers are running in third world countries.
muncuss

Activity: 634

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 10:45:49 PM

This is nothing! Why they don't publish how many non-crypto complaints they got and what is the loss there. I'm sure that the numbers will be x100 the crypto losses!

They are making it to scare people who are still staying away from crypto. If you don't have common sense and you are greedy as f, you will be scammed anyway.
No, they did to warn ppl, bcoz lots of scam here. they did right.
Everyone can access and invest in crypto (unlike non crypto) so it's important to warn ppl
truimpheriues

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 11:06:47 PM

where you get information about FBI statement
you can share source link, about new FBI statement
because if about money in USA not FBI but SEC
chanc3r

Activity: 952
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 11:49:26 PM

where you get information about FBI statement
you can share source link, about new FBI statement
because if about money in USA not FBI but SEC
https://cointelegraph.com/news/fbi-publishes-psa-about-tech-support-fraud-targeting-cryptocurrency-holders
I give you that link, if you are watching the latest news in the various crypto news site and i think that will be so easy for you to find a reliable article like that.
It's from FBI that gives an awareness to the crypto holders to make their computer secure by download the latest software antivirus to protect their pc.

Bonsaiav

Activity: 602
Merit: 118

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 03:27:07 AM

If they really experience a loss. Supposedly they publish it in the media so that we can know how such losses can occur, it's possible that the error is due to their own actions.

This is not something new, hackers are extremely active in crypto sphere, because there are no laws regulating crypto, thus nobody will come to police accusing someone  stole eth or btc. On the other hand, such news are published to manipulate market, because in reality % of scams on non-crypto users is far higher

True, the maze of the news seems to be absurd and I'm very worried that it has been abused by them, as a form of reason to attack the popularity of cryptocurrency.

Getcoinsite

Activity: 714
Merit: 260

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 03:42:22 AM

whats the sense of this news?to make people stay away of crypto?why instead of releasing this issue is capturing those criminals?suck to them that they are making fud here and at the end  affect will be in cryptocurrency?lol stop doing such and do some action for this concern we dont need news here but real action instead.leave crypto alone beside we all warned each other for this kind of problem and the forum are enough to make this things stopped
Chaki

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 04:32:53 AM

It is natural if FBI will take action if they received so much complaints that are alike, and to tell you hacking and scamming is every where, that's why it is safe also to keep your account private, no need to tell anyone about your money and earning...

█▄█▄█  ⚷ ROCATI ⚷ █▄█▄█
First Cryptocurrency Linked to a Tangible Asset: Real Estate Properties
https://www.rocati.net/
Limbor

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 06:23:50 AM

Such actions of hackers frighten off new investors and crypto-currencies are not taken seriously yet. A tight and total control is needed to reduce the actions and influence of unscrupulous people.
aceptamosbitcoin

Activity: 981
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 06:45:29 AM

I think they are getting creative on FUDding Bitcoin to scare new investors Smiley
In every money niche there are criminals and people who will try to scam you and take control of your money. Crypto's are way more secure than other stuff like CC, bank accounts, etc.
ColdZerk

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 06:52:23 AM

I think This is a right decision ! Because in last time we see a lot of scams. For example - Denaro project, which collected some millions of dollars and erased all data about themselves.
NaXxow
Legendary

Activity: 1085
Merit: 1000

ALT Add: APfc4bykKHxYSVkvzsLdQvmiTXvTgMiCRM

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 07:07:37 AM

every project now seems to be a scam because market is continuously dropping its marketcap. everything is volatile and many people or organization can manipulate the price by pumping and dumping, now everyone is claiming crypto is scam. Sad.

██
         ████
        ██████
       ████████
      ██████████
     █████  █████
    █████    █████
   █████      █████
  █████▄▄▄▄▄   █████        █████
 ████████████▄  █████      █████
██████████████▄  █████    █████
                  █████  █████
                   ██████████
                    ████████
                     ██████
                      ████
                       ██
Azbit▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
...BLOCKCHAIN INVESTING BANKING.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ●
  █
  █
  █
  █

███
███

█
  █
  █
  █
ROGER VER
ADVISOR
  █
  █
  █
  █

███
███

█
  █
  █
  █
WHITEPAPER
● ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ●
Bounty Thread

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀▀███▄
▄███████████▀▀▀      ████▄
██████▀▀▀       ▄    █████
███▄         ▄█▀    ██████
██████▄    ▄█▀      ██████
█████████▄█▀       ███████
▀██████████  ▄     ██████▀
▀█████████ ███▄  ██████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀██████▄
▄█████████▀     ███████▄
▄██████████   ███████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▀▀██████████
█████████       ██████████
███████████   ████████████
███████████   ████████████
▀██████████   ███████████▀
▀█████████   ██████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████ ▀███████     ▀▄███▄
██████   ▀▀█▀▀      ▄█████
███████              █████
████████             █████
█████████▄          ██████
▀████████▀        ▄██████▀
▀███▀▀        ▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
ivankoh

Activity: 1428
Merit: 120

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 07:37:43 AM

It is natural if FBI will take action if they received so much complaints that are alike, and to tell you hacking and scamming is every where, that's why it is safe also to keep your account private, no need to tell anyone about your money and earning...
The FBI warned of fraud. I think there was not much sense in this period because most investors who have been through the cryptocurrency for a while understand this. If the FBI warning came out sooner or later, I think it really meant the community.

SamboNZ

Activity: 1064
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 09:28:13 AM

It's really inevitable because crypto is getting known little by little and it attracts people to invest in it, that makes it easier for scammers to look for their prey. Hopefully they could make something about this and it will definitely improve the crypto world.
Commie

Activity: 621
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 09:40:41 AM

It's really inevitable because crypto is getting known little by little and it attracts people to invest in it, that makes it easier for scammers to look for their prey. Hopefully they could make something about this and it will definitely improve the crypto world.

They were useless to stop credit card scams on mass scale, what makes you think they'll be more successful with crypto?

olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 10:11:14 AM

Its all good that they are warning people as that is their job to do and then investigate which should lead to conviction as that would be what send the message out about people engaged in such nefarious activities. A whole lot of this scam activities can actually be avoided if people listen and take their time to find out before delving into parting away with their resources but laziness and greediness is one key thing that should be campaigned against if this would stop.
iryboy

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 10:36:45 AM

Yes, I too think complaints about other fraudulent crimes are way more than the cryptocurrencies complaints, if you don't want to get rich quick in crypto then you are safe.

kkerrex

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 11:37:27 AM

That's the way how big whales influence on price of crypto ,releasing negative news and warning people to stay away from crypto.  I don't really think that % of scams in crypto is higher than in credit cards fraud
AdamRay

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 11:55:41 AM

I have heard of this, Technical supporters say that they will temporarily transfer your coin to another repair shop, but once the transfer is not returned, and the technical support person also disappear. You can not contact them. That is a new trick to appear on the market today Crypto. Let's be careful not to let the scammers steal our money.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
leea-1334

Activity: 2240
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 12:15:36 PM

Looks like each claim was worth thousands too. What were all the users thinking when they invested thousands of dollars into these scams? Greed of course was on their minds. Wanting to profit, wanting in quick, wanting to cash out before the scam falls around them.

Greed will continue to invade crypto too, which is why everyone is panicking now. Prices are not going the way we want them and people are crying foul.

I think this is good for the future. Keep things realistic.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....

justin86

Activity: 406

Market Integration Platform

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 01:28:00 PM

This is actually nothing, most of them consist of phishing attacks, I don't call them hackers or there is no such complicated software used for that except smart contract hacks. That is likely to be worse in the following years  Embarrassed

haryatiposton01

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 01:36:53 PM

I think this is good news. Hopefully the FBI is able to overcome all the frauds that occur.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 01:38:31 PM

this sucks,they have waited for 11,000 complaints before doing this?this should been addressed year ago,before the situation come to this point of a more than tens of thousands victims has a complaints..i dont know with this guy why this need to fome this far,maybe this is another attack for cryptocurrency community as they really wanted to put us down.
Vit83

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2018, 01:51:55 PM

Wish they say how much money was stolen from plastic cards;) They warns not the right place) If they would warn about future ICO's I would even support them)

carlzec

Activity: 616

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 01:54:59 PM

SCAMs are everywhere not just in crypto .
even crypto scam is easy to guess for experienced investor .

however hacking is diff issue , still here hacker need to guess your key which is impossible so they can only go with phishing links or malware .

so just be alert nothing to worry apart from this .

I agree with you, my friend. Because this space is a new opportunity for fraudsters, they are making all kinds of fraud to get the money of inexperienced investors. China has sought to find a solution to the 'ICO' by completely banning it. The actual dissolution is neither prohibitive nor informative. An effective control mechanism must be established for the real solution.
masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 02:53:10 PM

From my own opinion Decentralization is associated with cryptos and because of this decentralization Bad people is using this to launch and fraudulent activities in the shed? until this time that some countries and governments are trying to show some ligth on the shed this fraudulent act is halted for a mean time but not totally rid off for me regulation is needed the most to prevent this fraud to happen just like doing ICO's and the identity of those developers and team is not revealed its a* red flag already dont just Invest think first before you do any transaction with money Involved  because money is hot. at the end of the day Youll be the one to lose because of your own recklessness.
pawanjain

Activity: 2646
Merit: 713

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 02:58:09 PM

Exactly ! Media is just following the orders of those big whales who want to create a panic in the market. This why  the media keep coming up with these kind of news which creates a negative impact on the people. The bews might be true but then what is not so corrupted in this world. Hackers and criminals are spread all over the world. The crypto community is effected with the same crimes as in the real world. Why do media keep on blaming crypto for this whereas it's the people who does this and should be blamed for.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
torotot

Activity: 134

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 03:50:14 PM

I think it cannot be for it is impossible to engage crypto the decentralized place by the government agency FBI. What is the point of decentralized if government full control this system. Full control for I think if FBI will enter this world then little by little the whole power of government will slowly manipulate this system. That is how I think what will happen in the future.
kaya11

Activity: 1302
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 05:27:57 PM

To prevent is better that to be scammed, so be vigilant in engaging in ICO. People that are choosing to participate in ICO should've already knew what lies ahead. You will not be scammed if you are in total knowledge with the ICO you are entering. This is nothing to worry about, if you people are scared to buy tokens in ICO then you should just wait for it to hit the exchange and bought it their, just simply as that.
News like that are like spreading FUD in the potential investors or to the growing crytpo community. Why not post something that are good in the eyes.
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 06:20:23 PM

I don't think we should have a free system that will be devoured of fraudulent activities at this tage of cryptocurrency development. Bitcoin is currently doing well and many icos projects will try to emulate the success it has achieved and because of this scamers will like to take advantage of it to scam others that may like to invest in idea projects.
fia_naila

Activity: 770
Merit: 258

The Standart Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 03:37:07 AM

Nice move by fbi. Scammer must be lock up in jail. Hunt them, they also hurt the growth of crypto. They need to hunt developer who male a fake promises and fake project. They also must hunt the impersonate person in telegram. I think its easy for fbi to get them. Many ico is scam nowadays. Collected money then dissappear.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
btcyoda

Activity: 644

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 04:35:18 AM

Exactly, FBI is doing good in order to protect the community from these scams, when compared to previous year, this year scams reduced a lot. So FBI should open a claiming report so that they will trace those companies.
Commie

Activity: 621
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 03:37:40 PM

I was shown screens of a Telegram channel today, showing the converstion going AFTER the ICO (won't call names here) directors were arrested. It's pathetic, people simply refuse to believe it calling news FUD etc.

heidikim

Activity: 602

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 04:39:18 PM

'ICO' processes that collect resources for the development process of crypto money can be controlled and countermeasures against fraud can be taken. But to fully control and control the crypto money is against the logic of this business, and if this happens people may give up investing.
skinomanl

Comprehensive Blockchain Billing Protocol

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 08:23:07 AM

It would be better if they caught them or filtered them, but did not warn them. All the same, there will be deceived people, so this is not a way out of the situation, but warned means armed.

╔══ // PumaPay //  Comprehensive Blockchain Billing Protocol   // PumaPay // ══╗
╠════════════  Telegram ─── Bitcointalk ─── Bounty ─── Join Here   ════════════╣
A free blockchain protocol that makes crypto billing accessible to every business  ╝
matrix50

Activity: 74

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 09:28:52 AM

I hope that all scammers will go to jail.
stiucsib86

Activity: 91

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 09:35:30 AM

Its a good sign. But ppl need to really do their own research to prevent getting scammed in the first place.
jeda2000

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 11:16:08 AM

It's good news to be alerted. If fraudulent groups can be detected, it would be nice to punish them. Of course, if this is necessary for a legal arrangement, it must first be done.
Elseye

Activity: 378

ApolloX

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 11:17:12 AM

I assume that in more than 50% of occasions that a fault of people themself - they are basically too greedy and they believe in everything the read in the net.

Shamsher19

Activity: 36

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 11:27:44 AM

The number of scam in the space has increased drastically and this is a concern, if one look at the number of ICOs that has ended a scam and the ways people are losing their tokens in their wallet and also several ICO websites that were hacked, I think that $15 million mentioned is very conservative
Johnny Lgz

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 11:38:40 AM

FBI is also and always part of investigating a lot of ICOs which has a big fund on them, since many people are involving of money laundering, this is the first step they will do, perhaps they have received thousands of complains about ICO and money scamming on cryptos.
leea-1334

Activity: 2240
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 11:48:17 AM

FBI is also and always part of investigating a lot of ICOs which has a big fund on them, since many people are involving of money laundering, this is the first step they will do, perhaps they have received thousands of complains about ICO and money scamming on cryptos.

Good for them. I do not know if they will eventually pursue all those scammers though, to me it might not be worth all their resources just to catch a few people. In the long run, better to just spend education and make people aware of how to practice good security over the internet. What makes me always surprised is how people have thousands of dollars and they just trust some guy who tells them to give them their password or private key. That really shows that crypto users do not really know crypto.

.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....

binghope

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 02:00:16 PM

I was still scared to hear this news, I read the news several times, and I've had this case but I was lucky not to lose money. I am very poor with little capital to invest in the Crypto market. If I lose my family probably will be hungry. I thank you for bringing this news to everyone.
dioanna

Activity: 612
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 02:17:54 PM

Scammers are scattered like dirt in crypto space ,people should be more cautious.
2 pointers to guarantee your investing in a scam project Without these two things it’s 100% risky.
first You don’t have control over your investment ,second You don’t understand in detail how it makes money.

despondency

Activity: 560
Merit: 103

quarkchain.io

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 03:14:26 PM

In fact, it's good, they just inform stupid people that they can be deceived. You see for yourself what madness is happening in the market. Thousands of housewives decided to become the investors of different projects, they will not study the team and the technical part, they will buy what is most advertised in social networks. And, of course, this project is often a scam

imperatron

Activity: 459
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 03:21:53 PM

They are a little bit correct with their warnings. A lot of people gettings scammed in the last couple of months, because this is just a part of crypto. It is good that some people warn about scammers and that stuff. But is is not good for the long term crypto adoption.
lifetimebitcoins

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 04:58:23 PM

The Fbi and Sec both gave serious warnings about ico which are running with huge hype and Sec any time may pick any ico and ask for Audit of coins
devollito

Activity: 560
Merit: 217

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 08:20:57 AM

That was abig loses and a lot of people got scamed by sumbag. I agree fbi must investigate those company who has stole money from other. They only make a crypto community bad and put us on disstrust. How on earth people want to invest if there are a lot of acam project.
DirkDiggler1911

Activity: 294

Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 08:46:57 AM

This is what happened to a project recently I think the name is centra, and the cofounders are arrested for fraud and now they are in jail I hope people will be able to recover their money
YCryptos

Activity: 127

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:36:29 PM

Absolutely everywhere there are swindlers, but the FBI for some reason accentuates its attention on the crypto currency. In all fraudulent actions, it is not the crypto currency that is to blame, but the people themselves, who, apart from their greed, do not notice anything.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: