Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:05:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Scam or real??  (Read 142 times)
jao18 (OP)

Activity: 90
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 11:42:19 AM

How could i know if a signiture campaign is scam?

Thanks for the answer..
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1113

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 05:18:46 PM

in my opinion you cant know it for sure before the first payday.
but you can minimize the risk of being scamed by:
- choose a campaign managed by a member that did it before and received positive feedback
- try to find out if the project that is advertised in the signature is legit or not.
- dont choose sig of projects that look fishy.

e.g
i know that byteball is not a scam and i know that the campaign manager managed a lot of campaigns before and kept promise.
stronghandsdeeppockets

Activity: 266
Merit: 27

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:59:00 PM

In addition to what has been said above by vlom, it also matters whether the project will be actually worth something or not.

Even if the project isn't a scam and pays the participants, the tokens paid could be worth nothing if the development of the project does not meet expectations / standards.
Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 07:22:58 PM
Last edit: April 05, 2018, 03:42:29 PM by Thirdspace

find one that pays in bitcoin, ethereum, waves, or other well established altcoins
and preferably with weekly schedule payment, so you won't waste much time if it turns scam
sig camps or bounties that pay with its own token rarely are worth keeping in the long run Tongue

edit: if the sig camp is scam, most likely the project is scam too
but even when the sig camp is paying, there is still chance the project is scam Roll Eyes

jao18 (OP)

Activity: 90
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 12:25:36 PM

in my opinion you cant know it for sure before the first payday.
but you can minimize the risk of being scamed by:
- choose a campaign managed by a member that did it before and received positive feedback
- try to find out if the project that is advertised in the signature is legit or not.

Thanks for the advise sir
- dont choose sig of projects that look fishy.

e.g
i know that byteball is not a scam and i know that the campaign manager managed a lot of campaigns before and kept promise.
teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 01:06:25 PM

- Find campaign managed by well-known Managers (Atriz, Yahoo, Lauda)
- If it's ICO, find out about their project, sometimes it is easy to smell bullshit project from their ANN topic Roll Eyes
- Make sure campaign fund are escrowed
- If the payrate are too good to be true, it is

In addition to what has been said above by vlom, it also matters whether the project will be actually worth something or not.

Even if the project isn't a scam and pays the participants, the tokens paid could be worth nothing if the development of the project does not meet expectations / standards.
Then again, if it's worthless, at least it still has some value to it Tongue
Has there any ICO project that don't meet expectation and flopped completely?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: