Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:10:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CSS errors in forum  (Read 822 times)
afrustrum (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 07:36:41 PM

Can anyone suggest why the forum displays incorrectly for me in Firefox 25, compared to Opera?

Under Firefox, the navigation bar is invisible (white text on white): "Home         Help    Search    Donate    Profile    My Messages    Members    Logout". I think these are associated with the classes named "maintab_active...".

I've disabled most of my addons and extensions I usually use, but the problem remains, see: http://imgur.com/j25AcSC

Firefox's Web Developer's Web Console lists several errors but I am unable to determine if they are relevant (almost all websites have errors these days).

"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MiningBuddy

Activity: 927
Merit: 1000

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 07:42:21 PM

Mine's fine  Undecided
Can you list the addons you use?

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 07:50:32 PM

Have you tried CTRL+F5 ?
afrustrum (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 08:22:00 PM

> Can you list the addons you use?

I've just re-enabled all of them after I tested with all addons disabled:

Firebug 1.12.4

Firegloves 1.2.3

Ghostery 5.0.4

QuickJava 2.0.2

Self-Destructing Cookies 0.4.1

Tab Permissions 13.01.01.01

Toggle Proxy 1.8 <-- this one I keep enabled but I always keep it at No Proxy.

Greasmonkey 1.12 <-- I keep this always enabled, but I have no scripts enabled for this forum

Session Manager 0.8.0.8<-- I keep this enabled the whole time

And the only plugin I enable is Shockwave Flash, which I try to disable via QuickJava on all sites except YouTube.

I suspect one or more of these has messed up something persistent in Firefox, so I'll next try a separate vanilla Firefox install.

Also, ctrl-F5 just reloads the page with no difference, as do ctrl-R and ctrl-Shift-R.
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12976

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 09:01:11 PM

Yeah, I think that one of your extensions is messing with the forum's CSS somehow.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
afrustrum (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 01:12:05 AM

Yeah, I think that one of your extensions is messing with the forum's CSS somehow.
I may have isolated the Ghostery extension as one cause.

I created a completely new Firefox profile and re-installed each extension, testing several websites after each one.
Everything was fine until I installed Ghostery, when the images behind this forum's navigation tabs disappeared.
This happened even before I enabled Ghostery's blocking (by default it should block nothing), just installing is enough to mess up the page.
A pity, as I really liked Ghostery's blocking of all the tracking and spyware that's on almost every webpage these days.

I also discovered several extensions have no clean uninstall in Firefox and they leave a mess of configuration settings behind.

Thanks for all the feedback though, I'll keep this Ghostery-less profile only for trusted websites and continue testing in another profile.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 03:17:54 AM

I may have isolated the Ghostery extension as one cause.

I created a completely new Firefox profile and re-installed each extension, testing several websites after each one.
Everything was fine until I installed Ghostery, when the images behind this forum's navigation tabs disappeared.
This happened even before I enabled Ghostery's blocking (by default it should block nothing), just installing is enough to mess up the page.
A pity, as I really liked Ghostery's blocking of all the tracking and spyware that's on almost every webpage these days.

I also discovered several extensions have no clean uninstall in Firefox and they leave a mess of configuration settings behind.

Thanks for all the feedback though, I'll keep this Ghostery-less profile only for trusted websites and continue testing in another profile.

I use Ghostery on FF and I don't see what you describe.
afrustrum (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 02:16:56 PM

I use Ghostery on FF and I don't see what you describe.

I no longer think it's Ghostery because there's no problem when I install Ghostery on a new Firefox profile, even after several other extensions.

Whatever the cause was - and I looked long and hard at all the config settings changed in prefs.js -, it was isolated to the Firefox profile I was using, the only fix that worked was Firefox - Help - Troubleshooting - reset Firefox. That removed all extensions, reset plugins to default, but did keep my bookmarks.

So, I now do not believe the forum website nor Ghostery (nor several other extensions) was the cause, so may I suggest to the mods to mark this thread as closed?
whiskers75

Activity: 658
Merit: 502

Doesn't use these forums that often.

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 04:52:45 PM

You can lock your own threads.

Elastic.pw Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: