Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:34:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Psychotherapy for bitcents  (Read 2358 times)
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 06:59:30 PM

One should decide for himself what he wants, I once had a sort of bump under my ear, googleing it I came to the conclusion I had cancer, which obviously is not correct (confirmed by a real doctor), the internet is THE worst place to search on for medical advice!

Was it a lymph node? Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
erre (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 06:00:24 PM

One should decide for himself what he wants, I once had a sort of bump under my ear, googleing it I came to the conclusion I had cancer, which obviously is not correct (confirmed by a real doctor), the internet is THE worst place to search on for medical advice!

OP, I don't want say you're not a real doctor, but here we can't prove anything..

As i said, i surely can't prove anything on this forum. That's why i'm "selling" (better say: giving free for donations) only advices. In most cases, my work would be persuade you that you need to go be checked by a doctor. It may sound an easy job, but it's not everytime such easy when it comes to psychiatry.
And, if you're asking yourself if there's people not actually seeing a psy - because of the fear or the lack of hope or whatever -, but still "some-like-unconsiously" willing to be persuaded to do so... i think there's plenty of them.

Roll a dice FOR FREE every hour, and win up to $200 in btc ---> CLICK HERE

Tip me using the LIGHTING NETWORK! -->https://tippin.me/@Erre96344121
erre (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 01:52:57 PM

Ok, experiment is over. Seems that interest about my service is not so high, so no reasons to schedule some time to that or to try to "officialize" it.
If anybody will ever read this thread in the future, fell free to PM me if you need any help.

buzybit

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 09:41:53 PM

i have many friends to suggest you!
well, bitcoin is for psychotherapy too...!!!
erre (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 12:59:23 PM

I got 3 more people interested since this thread is dead.
So i'll bump it

Sergios

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 10:09:09 AM

Personally I think this is a great concept... if it works in tandem with an actual doctor you can visit and have a face to face. So if you have a practice, a place you work out that your patients can visit and can contact you using your web page and ask advice etc that would work excellent.

Having said that you have to understand that on the net anybody can claim anything like saying I"m a university professor at oxford/Cambridge/Harvard university, I speak 12 languages fluently, I have 5 hot rods, etc .... but you get the picture. Even matters of the hart, like people searching for a partner, have been scammed silly. But you get the picture on the net ANYONE can claim ANYTHING and give FAKE credentials. ANd yes a healthy dose of paranoia is good for you! Since scammers are getting more sophisticated in their scamming methods.

Are you a scammer in my opinion? Maybe so, maybe not. I do not like to respond in yes /no or 0 and 1  Smiley Is there a possibility that this can be a scam? The probability goes up since you will try to diagnose someone you never seen, heard or met in person so how do you know that what they are saying is even real? what about a patient that says that he/she is seeing ghosts and that are constantly attacking him/her(he/she has the photos to prove it) what do you recommend? A couple of sleeping pills and a pat on the back saying "it will be alright"? Or just say "hey go and call your local paranormal gi joe's and gi janes to come and deal with your problems?
Furthermore the "real" doctors do not take advice or "help" from other doctors kindly. They want to make up their own mind. If a regular doctor says I will refer you to this doctor because  this or that and I will make an appointment for you ok but from what I've read what you do is this: communicate with potential patient by mail ( besides from obvious problems here How are you going to make a correct diagnose when you do not see the patient? People can claim this and that but how do you know it is real?  if you have had any medical training you would know that a" hands on approach" in person is the best way in analyzing the problem and then giving the people the RIGHT treatment.

Sorry about trashing and bashing nearly all your claims but you have to reverse the roles for a second. If I claim that I'm a doctor and you are my patient and we ONLY communicate through mail.. would you go for that? NO  you wouldn't because you would choose, just like everyone else, a "real" doctor that has an established practice. Just throwing in some info about my doctor: he has a practice that he shares with 9 other doctors ( some are specialized in certain areas of medicine). He is also forward thinking and has a "digital waiting room" where you can log in and make an appointment. Just saying that if you are indeed a "real doctor" with a "real" medical degree you should do something like that.

Conclusion: personally I think what you're proposing is not a clever idea. If someone with an IT background can do this but a doctor no. you have to have interaction with your patients.
These are my contribution to  this discussion  Grin
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2013, 10:50:57 AM

You might want to make the official disclaimer a bit more visible Smiley

Although you mention in your original post that "it's a brief consultation", people might still think your advice is all they'll need Smiley

And, well, honestly, any psychological or physical "treatment" over the internet is a bad idea, in my opinion Smiley
psyclon

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 12:36:18 PM

Hi, i'm a qualified psychiatrist (MD) and psychotherapist.
I'm new to the btc world, and i'm trying to get some free bitcent to get started. I will offer what I have to offer (competence about pharmacotherapy of all kinds and psychotherapy, expecially regarding personality disorders and ASD, of course i'm speaking about a brief consulence not a real psychotherapy) for a symbolical amount of btc.
Hope someone could be interested.

how could you guarantee confidentiality?
battlescars

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 08:32:10 PM

Also i think a good idea for you is to  be a lifecoach or motivator.

That will get you more sign ups then just giving out psychology sessions which is also a great innovative idea.

thx

erre (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 09:59:50 AM

Maybe i just have my personality style . Categorize someone as "having" or "not having" a personality disorder is really odd, you don't think so?
I'm probably more "B cluster" style, you're more like a "C cluster"...but it dosen't mean we cannot successfully cooperate: you made me reflect about my impusivity and low harm avoidance, and i hope i stimulate your novelty-seeking about an interesting thing like the chance of delivering online help in a simple and immediate way.

I actually feel it's a futile label but that's my personal opinion and nothing to do with what we are talking about and you know it. If you feel like throwing around wiki pages feel free, I don't think it makes you
sounds convincing.

Is still not clear to me if you have some ethical concerns about what i'm doing or if you think i'm a scammer.

Kind of both if I am honest. But unsure of intent.

What we get down to, is you are not offering anything off the back of being medical...only free advice. Otherwise it is unethical. and this advice can all be found out for free. I don't want a lot of vulnerable [and perhaps unwell] people feeling like they had been had.

Edit: I say this because I get asked about things a lot and although there is a duty of care to not ignore something, there is also the duty of care to get that person the correct care. This is not easily advised after a brief chat with no full background and the pharmacotherapy you mentioned really worries me.

I just causally come in this thread after 4 years, will bump this just for bragging a bit, because this "futile label" (personality faucets/stiles and so on) is now considered by DSM-5 the gold standard when assessing personality, and is becoming everyday more clear that a personality assessment have to be dimensional, because categoric personality disorder diagnosis are futile labels.

Not selling anything now, just to clear after 4y who had the best background about pd's...

Paranuatu

Activity: 84

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 10:17:37 PM

What a great topic! Still on? I was wondering if you made any bitcents by offering medical knowlegde?
Are you still practicing medicine or did you get rich with crypto? Or both, lol

I missed the BTC train Sad donate bitcents: BTC:1CWpbYGZVmC14zqLgNmnU8R8CbM9dbx4CY ETH:0x546A87681f70929634236Ad243AE4722A5CbDcC6
erre (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 09:13:16 PM

What a great topic! Still on? I was wondering if you made any bitcents by offering medical knowlegde?
Are you still practicing medicine or did you get rich with crypto? Or both, lol

I made 3 consultations, only one of them paid 0.02 btc (less than 20 dollars at the time) Smiley

Despite being relative early in bitcoin my buying price was a little lower than 1k, i didn't buy much and i have been trought a lot of shitstorms during these years, so i'm not a bitcoin rich at all. But that was (and still is) a funny ride.

Now I work full-time for the public health services of my country, I  would probably still provide free medical care if I got rich in bitcoins, but I dream about not having a time card. Missed it by a few.

UCHCHILD

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 10:36:41 PM

You stated that you are new in this BTC world byt your rank is hero member, how comes that you just new with btc and started this account, did you buy this account or what? I am just confused sir.
Also is anybody here can vouch OP fpr his service. This can make more attractive to his future patient.
Thank you
erre (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:29:48 PM

You stated that you are new in this BTC world byt your rank is hero member, how comes that you just new with btc and started this account, did you buy this account or what? I am just confused sir.
Also is anybody here can vouch OP fpr his service. This can make more attractive to his future patient.
Thank you

This is a thread from 2013, I was just remembering my first steps in bitcoin...

Paranuatu

Activity: 84

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 04:14:32 PM

Thank you

This is a thread from 2013, I was just remembering my first steps in bitcoin...
If something dramatic happens with the market your services might be useful here. Payed in BTC (Or BCH).

I missed the BTC train Sad donate bitcents: BTC:1CWpbYGZVmC14zqLgNmnU8R8CbM9dbx4CY ETH:0x546A87681f70929634236Ad243AE4722A5CbDcC6
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: