Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:08:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [SCAM] Is payonix.com a legitimate AISC H/w manufacturer in Australia?  (Read 25011 times)
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1630

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 07:31:56 AM

First picture has gone live.
We see NULL and remain unconvinced

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sushi

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

ASIC Myth Buster

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 07:34:54 AM
Last edit: November 14, 2013, 08:13:35 AM by sushi

That shows, whoever made the site didn't want other to know or trace them but that is not unusual for the business.  Large International Corporations are more into doing the same practice.  (Doesn't mean they are shady.  It's their Risk Management Practice)

At least the web hosting is from IL, USA.  Scamers don't like to use Paid American Servers.

Selling out the 250 unites is possible due to the very high demand world-wide.  It may not got sold out in 24 hours but in the last several days, that's a very possible sales number.

I would say, anyone who has doubt to contact Andrew and make the decision on his/her own.  

I don't have a crystal ball, but I have a gut feeling that a few people may be smiling on the New Years Eve into the New Year for be able to meet the ROI with current uptrend of the BTC Value.

I'm planning a ASIC Myth Buster Trips, If I could confirm, I will be happy to announce it here.  

Also, I did speak with Andrew.  He is not hiding but he is simply being very busy with this project.

Good Luck to All!

Hey, if any one can donate any BTC, it will help me get there sooner in AU...  I may be able to bust the Myth for you guys!!  3 BTC will help me get there and fly out.

1AHNusc3BQA2QJCokySAQ1Qtymr1ZyAG6P

>>> PM me for New ASIC Miner's Info.  We will go check it out <<<
FEEL GENEROUS TODAY?  ==> 1AHNusc3BQA2QJCokySAQ1Qtymr1ZyAG6P
Andrew Thomas

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 07:40:34 AM

Our units were not seized at Customs - there was a delay in getting them out by the agent.

We are registering IP which is the reason we can not release more pictures. These are internal decisions.

Yes we host our website in the US. The company we choose to host with is fantastic.

We are fixing the picture issue now.
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1630

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 07:48:22 AM

Our units were not seized at Customs - there was a delay in getting them out by the agent.

We are registering IP which is the reason we can not release more pictures. These are internal decisions.

Yes we host our website in the US. The company we choose to host with is fantastic.

We are fixing the picture issue now.
Well, allegedly this is all Australian so you won't mind if I speak like a fellow Australian.

That blurry photo of some regular Lian Li PC case is the most fucked up the arse excuse for a first look at hardware I've ever seen. My kids take better pics with their toy cameras and I'm now less convinced than ever.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Andrew Thomas

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 07:53:19 AM

We are working on fixing the image. We will pull it down.
plasmoske

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

The realist

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 07:56:10 AM

Where's the picture on the blog? There's nothing.

https://payonix.com/index.php?route=pavblog/blog&id=33

Also looked at the HTML source code. There's no hidden pictures anywhere.

And wat the f is this? Just a picture only (actually no picture)? Where's the stats, videos, PCB layout, chips and all?

I mean any doofus could buy a Lian Li case and put some water cooling in there with a raspberry PI hanging out the side.

i.e. anettlefold@gmail.com

That would be odd if the 'a' stood for ... Andrew ...

The A seems to stand for Adam. How would I know? Seems like he is a known scam/con artist and has been around for quite a bit.

My google-fu shows that he's been into e-gold and the likes since 2005. He's also scammed a few people in the process.

Here's some alarming finds.

I sent $500 for deposit.
Everyday he just told me lies, like :
Will you be online tomorrow? I would like to run through the campaign and get it live. We are seeing some great conversions at the moment.

I didn’t send him any creatives, how could he see good conversions?

Then another email from him:
We will process the refund on March 1st. Apologies for everything.

I NEVER RECEIVED ANY MONEY !

So be aware this email anettlefold@gmail.com or advertiser@ubudigital.com
His name is Adam Nettlefold, you can search his name on google. He´s scam.

http://odigger.com/topic/be-aware-these-ad-networks-ubudigital-and-adcolt/

I never got payed by ubudigital. I send many invoive to them. They are scam.

adam nettlefold is a con artist!!! He's a pathological lier! Be aware of any company associated with this person! He stole my family money which made us lose our home! For 7 months he's being feeding us endless lies that he will repay, forging numerous documents to substantiate his lies. Needless to say - nothing materialized. Stay tuned - i will be revealing more information in spite his threats to spread lies about me online (i will post emails where he threatens me)

dear adam nettlefold, aka digitalads10, of course you were processing payments for august in october 2011!!!! That was a blissful time for you when you just scammed my family for 1 million dollars!!!!!

i know adam nettlefold personally! He stole large amount of money from my family in aug/oct 2011!!! From our direct experience with him for the past year, i can assure you he's a con artist, pathological lier and the way he dealt with us he's just a plain sadist. You don't have to search any further to find anything about him, this is the truth that hopefully will keep everybody away from this person or his companies - askubu, ubudigital, mikojo, ikojo, etc. I'm sure he'll be wipping up some more soon. Please contact me if any more information needed.

You can call ubudigital "sketchy" that would be a gross understatement considering the fact that it's run by the criminal Adam Nettlefold who's very skillful with forging all types of documents: bank statements, money transfers, contracts, you name it, there's not a document that he can't falsify. Adam Nettlefold has been claiming that he's involved with Russian oil transactions and Lebian princes. He's a crook that made us lose our home and terrified my whole family for the past 7 months with false promises in a very sadistic way!!!

No, he didn't steal identity, we loaned him the money (in ponzi schemes and other frauds people typically give the money), he misled us, misappropriated the funds and took off to Australia, enough said?

Beware his new company adcolt.com

https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/ubudigital-cpm-network-review.2113739/page-43

So looking at the adcolt.com whois. shows that it's using POWWEB.COM as their host. Guess who else uses POWWEB.COM as their host? You got it. Payonix. What a coincidence!! Now how the hell did I find that out? Well the other day when he was doing maint, I saw it load up for one second also with the powweb ssl cert. Well it seems like now he's migrated servers from powweb to some other. I think vpscheap.net - and now has his own dedicated IP. Trying to cover his tracks I guess.

So who is Robert Nettlefold? Most likely his brother or father. Stole documents off them so he can register up his own business/domain. But there's also a chance it's a non existent person since he is a master of forgery.

Managed to find out where the real Andrew Thomas lives. And he's not Andrew Thomas by the way. He's Adam Nettlefold.

Adam Nettlefold (anettlefold@gmail.com)
20 Campelles Ave, Varsity Lakes, Queensland, Australia

Coincidence that the real anettlefold lives only 15mins from Bundall (their supposedly new office location)? I think not!

FAAAAAKE!
Andrew Thomas

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 07:59:01 AM

This is not us. That person does NOT work for our company. If you receive contact from that person purporting to be a representative of our company, please contact us immediately. If you have questions please call us or come visit us.
plasmoske

The realist

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 08:05:08 AM

This is not us. That person does NOT work for our company. If you have questions please call us or come visit us.

What is your address for your new office location?

You seem to be updating the website a lot yet the address listed on the website is still the old one. You claimed to have already moved to Bundall so what's the address for it?

By the way, I was "ken" the other day who contacted you and acting as a supposedly interested buyer. Mate. You're so full of shit.

Get this. The miner has a usb and needs a laptop/pc in-order to use it. Miner also has a ethernet port. And a raspberry pi inside.

Tell me if that makes any sense.
plasmoske

The realist

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 08:07:57 AM

And fucking lolz at the latest blog update. So they deleted their earlier post and posted a new one.

"Issues with Blog Module & Pictures". LOL
plasmoske

The realist

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 08:09:48 AM

Must be ASIC 3.0. Even has PCI-slots now. Makes for easier upgrade installation to get em extra gigahashes.
Andrew Thomas

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 08:10:19 AM

Please come visit us. You will meet myself, the team and see our demos. We are not a scam, have a real product and the world will see soon enough.

You guys here are quite brutal here. We removed the blog entry as it didn't look right. It will be back up. We cannot seem to win here.
plasmoske

The realist

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 08:12:45 AM

Connect your miner to Eligius. Post the stats link HERE in this thread.

Also change the eligius nickname to Payonix and sign it.

At least that might give you a little credibility. You claim to have 1.5TH/s working there all weekend?

Now's the time to prove that.
sushi

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

ASIC Myth Buster

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 08:23:34 AM

I would say, for now, let's stop calling them SCAM.  Every business has their plan and model.  Also, if the investors are involved, the restrictions can be even tougher within.  

Since the initial sales are done, lets shit back and wait and see.  Enough people call them scam, so if they are, enough warning were posted on the forum.

When Payonix is ready to release more photos or additional info, they will do so.  No one can force them to give up their business secret or whatever the reasons they decide to keep it secret for now.

There were a few ASIC companies in USA this year alone didn't release much info but they do exist and in the process of getting the miners.  (some may went belly up or caused lots of pain to many but let's watch, what info they will release in the near future!)

Food for the Thought:  Competitors are stealing each other's secret to advance.  Competitions are getting harder.  If they are working on the new technologies, it they may have the VALID REASONS to keep thing secret to succeed before things are stolen from them.

Also, if I have the machine hashing out 1.5TH/S right now I don't want people to know where it is... 

CEO/CTO may had a good intentions but chip delays from China seem to be the big problem for everyone including the Chinese Companies.

>>> PM me for New ASIC Miner's Info.  We will go check it out <<<
FEEL GENEROUS TODAY?  ==> 1AHNusc3BQA2QJCokySAQ1Qtymr1ZyAG6P
plasmoske

The realist

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 08:24:48 AM

Please come visit us. You will meet myself, the team and see our demos.

Mate you keep telling us that and we keep asking, "What's your address?" You said you moved so where is it now?
Andrew Thomas

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 08:29:48 AM

Connect your miner to Eligius. Post the stats link HERE in this thread.

Also change the eligius nickname to Payonix and sign it.

At least that might give you a little credibility. You claim to have 1.5TH/s working there all weekend?

Now's the time to prove that.

Great idea. We will do this and post stats link for people to see and verify.
plasmoske

The realist

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 08:32:19 AM

Great idea. We will do this and post stats link for people to see and verify.

Looking forward to it.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 08:32:59 AM

Please come visit us. You will meet myself, the team and see our demos. We are not a scam, have a real product and the world will see soon enough.

You guys here are quite brutal here. We removed the blog entry as it didn't look right. It will be back up. We cannot seem to win here.
If you have hardware that you were going to demo last week, but got last weekend and it is working, why is there no conclusive proof of it?

The brutality comes from the fact that the hardware you say was already hashing fine and have now sold something of the order of $1mill dollars worth in pre-orders, you are still unable to produce a reasonable picture of it or any details of it mining.
Go down to Vodafone, sign up for a $30 a month plan, and they will give you an android phone that can take good quality pictures and videos.
I can afford one of these for my daughter and I certianly do not have $1mil in preorders (my phone is more expensive, it costs me $60 a month Tongue)

The closest Vodafone shop to Robert's house is here:
https://plus.google.com/100823436843011950100/about?gl=au&hl=en

By the way, did David go to Central Queensland University?

cgminer is written by ckolivas above and myself.
We know what information it will produce and how to get information out of it.
You have claimed that our miner works with your hardware - so if that claim is true, there is absolutely no reason to not provide the cgminer mining information in screen shots, API access, miner.php access etc.
Hell I can tell you exactly how to get information out of the cgminer API as pretty much anyone who knows what they are doing mining with cgminer (I wrote the API Tongue)

So at this point, no I'm not really that interested in flying to Queensland and visiting half my family, I am wondering why you have already stated you have working hardware, that uses cgminer, and have nothing to show for it.

Edit: put a wrong name above - fixed.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Andrew Thomas

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 08:35:00 AM

Please come visit us. You will meet myself, the team and see our demos.

Mate you keep telling us that and we keep asking, "What's your address?" You said you moved so where is it now?

We are still at 55 Cavill Ave. We are waiting for the office to be fitted at Bundall location (Cnr Bundall Rd and Slatyer Ave - the big blue ANZ tower). Would you like to come for an appointment to see and test the units and report your feedback? If so, PM or call and we can get you in ASAP.
Andrew Thomas

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 08:39:22 AM

If you have hardware that you were going to demo last week, but got last weekend and it is working, why is there no conclusive proof of it?

The brutality comes from the fact that the hardware you say was already hashing fine and have now sold something of the order of $1mill dollars worth in pre-orders, you are still unable to produce a reasonable picture of it or any details of it mining.
Go down to Vodafone, sign up for a $30 a month plan, and they will give you an android phone that can take good quality pictures and videos.
I can afford one of these for my daughter and I certianly do not have $1mil in preorders (my phone is more expensive, it costs me $60 a month Tongue)

The closest Vodafone shop to David's house is here:
https://plus.google.com/100823436843011950100/about?gl=au&hl=en

By the way, did David go to Central Queensland University?

cgminer is written by ckolivas above and myself.
We know what information it will produce and how to get information out of it.
You have claimed that our miner works with your hardware - so if that claim is true, there is absolutely no reason to not provide the cgminer mining information in screen shots, API access, miner.php access etc.
Hell I can tell you exactly how to get information out of the cgminer API as pretty much anyone who knows what they are doing mining with cgminer (I wrote the API Tongue)

So at this point, no I'm not really that interested in flying to Queensland and visiting half my family, I am wondering why you have already stated you have working hardware, that uses cgminer, and have nothing to show for it.

We will provide stats through Eligius and post the link once we connect it. We are off for the night. Support will be online until 9pm AEST tonight.

We do not know that person. How can we defend ourselves to that? Impossible. All we can do is take it I guess.
plasmoske

The realist

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 08:42:46 AM

All you have are a lot of words, a blurry pic of a computer (with pci slots, ram slots, non-water cooling setup, SSD with sata cables) and promises to show
Eligius stats, office visits and everything else in between. And then nothing else. Absolutely nothing else. Nothing technical at all. Not even a photo of PCB or office or staff or even your face. It's not impossible to prove that you have a miner. It's actually quite easy if you know what the hell you're doing.

Your photos are even more shitty. Did you use a potato to take those shots? And then went ahead, added blur filter and resized it down so we can't see shit?
I didn't even knew that photos came in those sizes. Do you have the original sizes?

"Would you like to come for an appointment to see and test the units and report your feedback?"

No because I'll most likely get jumped and silenced.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: