Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:10:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [SCAM] Is payonix.com a legitimate AISC H/w manufacturer in Australia?  (Read 25013 times)
shapemaker

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

I run Linux on my abacus.

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 11:58:08 PM

This should prove to be most interesting Grin

Shut up and give me money: 115UAYWLPTcRQ2hrT7VNo84SSFE5nT5ozo

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MonsterCro

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 01:19:06 AM

I have a function is Queensland tomorrow not to far from Payonix, I will stay for Monday and go and watch this live demo in person. Should be interesting indeed. I wonder if they will allow photos to be taken?
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 01:46:30 AM

I have a function is Queensland tomorrow not to far from Payonix, I will stay for Monday and go and watch this live demo in person. Should be interesting indeed. I wonder if they will allow photos to be taken?
Well if you do - make sure they point it at Eligius and mine there.

I'll ask the Eligius pool operator to verify the results also.

There also is no reason to not do this and no reason to do any other pool/solo/whatever.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Tasweb

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 02:02:40 AM

Andrew Thomas did work "with" Datamonitor. He is an investment banker and Managing Director of Rothschild who gave financial advice to Datamonitor and assisted with some company takeovers. That is very different to the cryptography work that our Andrew Thomas said he did with Datamonitor. Of course this may be a coincidence and there may have been two Andrew Thomas's involved with Datamonitor?

http://bit.ly/18bGo1e

Anyone notice that the Payonix Facebook site has had 2322 likes in only a few weeks?

https://www.facebook.com/payonix/likes

Seems Payonix may be a bit pissed about having lost $5000 worth of BTC in a Coinbase hack?

https://twitter.com/payonix

plasmoske

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

The realist

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 02:04:37 AM

and I don't understand why they have not done the Eligius test yet.
It only takes a few minutes to point a miner at Eligius ... unless they don't know what they are doing and this page is a lie about mining for ~2 years already:
https://payonix.com/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=4

It's simple. Because they don't have any 1.5TH/s miner in their hands. Hence why he's resorting to other types of non-provable means of demonstration like photos and videos.

And the only "evidence" that they had were only 2 photos which were so bad. A shot of a blurry computer case and a shot of the internals (which looks exactly like a regular pc motherboard, with ram slots visible and even an SSD connected via red sata cables. also no water cooling to be seen). All in the quality size of about 300x300pixels. lol.

I can't believe people would even would to go to his store (if there is actually even one) to check it out.

Here's a hint for you to the people who are interested to go that address listed on the website. 55 Cavill ave is a shopping strip/centre. So there isn't exactly a 55 Cavill ave store. There's about 100 different stores there. And they're all full of restaurants, clothes clothes and eateries.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cavill_Avenue

http://www.menufeast.com.au/info/2845/kamikaze-teppanyaki/surfers-paradise/
http://www.menufeast.com.au/info/16113/the-pacino-pizze-vino/surfers-paradise/
http://www.pieface.com.au/franchise/stores/pie-face-circle-on-cavill/
http://www.downunderonline.com/dining_Surfers_Paradise.htm >  minus 5° Ice Lounge

And many others.

So if you're planning to just stroll by and check out the store. Don't bother. You'll need to contact the scammer first for the shop/store number (eg. 53A 15B 38A etc).
Here's a hint. He most likely won't give it to you Roll Eyes
MonsterCro

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 02:08:43 AM

There also is no reason to not do this and no reason to do any other pool/solo/whatever.

Ok, I will request them to point to Eligius, unless they have a reason they cant but should be interesting to see what happens.

Don't forget they have the 1 hour of Q&A as they stated, lets see if that happens.

I'm also going to the bundall site to see if there is a shopfront underway there also. can take some pics.
aerobatic

Activity: 702
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 02:10:38 AM

Ok, I will request them to point to Eligius, unless they have a reason they cant but should be interesting to see what happens.

Don't forget they have the 1 hour of Q&A as they stated, lets see if that happens.

I'm also going to the bundall site to see if there is a shopfront underway there also. can take some pics.

Whats to stop them pointing anyone else's miner at Eligius and pretending its theirs?

What if they've got 3 KnCMiner boxes in the other room, and the sum total of those is 1.5 TH.. and they point them all to the same address at Eligius?  won't the results look the same as if they had their own 1.5 TH miner running in front of you?

idee2013

Activity: 407
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 02:19:32 AM

Whats to stop them pointing anyone else's miner at Eligius and pretending its theirs?

What if they've got 3 KnCMiner boxes in the other room, and the sum total of those is 1.5 TH.. and they point them all to the same address at Eligius?  won't the results look the same as if they had their own 1.5 TH miner running in front of you?

simply... yes
plasmoske

The realist

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 02:20:04 AM

What's their bundall address? I've asked for this many times and they haven't given it out. Are you a shill/sockpuppet sir?

Seriously I don't trust any new members going to a scam store to do a legit test (especially from a member who is only 2 days old).

Betcha next few days you come back and say "Guys. They're legit. I saw that they connected to Eligius! Stop the chargebacks/contacting the banks/police and just wait! (... so the scammers can run off with your money Roll Eyes )"

The evidence has all been shown here already and yet MonsterCro still seems to be in denial. Strange.
MonsterCro

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 02:32:06 AM

What's their bundall address? I've asked for this many times and they haven't given it out. Are you a shill/sockpuppet sir?

Seriously I don't trust any new members going to a scam store to do a legit test (especially from a member who is only 2 days old).

Betcha next few days you come back and say "Guys. They're legit. I saw that they connected to Eligius! Stop the chargebacks/contacting the banks/police and just wait! (... so the scammers can run off with your money Roll Eyes )"

The evidence has all been shown here already and yet MonsterCro still seems to be in denial. Strange.

Im not in denial, I would like to get to the bottom of this as well, im only minutes away from them in the next two days, and i'm going to vouch for them either, remember I have 2 units on preorder so im at a lose here.

look you don't have to trust me, but what have you got to lose here if they are a scam, did you preorder?
plasmoske

The realist

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 02:35:59 AM

Im not in denial, I would like to get to the bottom of this as well, im only minutes away from them in the next two days, and i'm going to vouch for them either, remember I have 2 units on preorder so im at a lose here.

look you don't have to trust me, but what have you got to lose here if they are a scam, did you preorder?

I got nothing to lose if they turn out to be a scam (they most likely are scammers) but others would if they were to fall for the scam. So I would like to prevent other people from getting scammed by warning the community. It doesn't matter if I preordered or not. But the answer is no I did not preorder from them. Only someone who doesn't know anything about mining would be so.

So what's their bundall address? You said you would be at the bundall store so obviously you would where it is located.

And what's their store number on 55 Cavill Ave? You said you would give them a visit but there's many many stores there. So you would need a store number to know where they are.
MonsterCro

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 02:42:03 AM

Please come visit us. You will meet myself, the team and see our demos.

Mate you keep telling us that and we keep asking, "What's your address?" You said you moved so where is it now?

We are still at 55 Cavill Ave. We are waiting for the office to be fitted at Bundall location (Cnr Bundall Rd and Slatyer Ave - the big blue ANZ tower). Would you like to come for an appointment to see and test the units and report your feedback? If so, PM or call and we can get you in ASAP.

As they stated before shown above. So i'm going past there for a look
plasmoske

The realist

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 02:48:23 AM

What exactly would you be look for? Are you expecting some big sign out the front to say PAYONIX - Australian ASIC company or something?

http://goo.gl/maps/A0Zq1

If you're not a shill/sockpuppet then you're a idiot.

P.S Adam Nettlefold only lives about 10mins drive from Bundall so there's a chance you'll be able to see him in person. He got a rat face so you won't miss it.

Adam is the guy getting a haircut

Also his brothers in crime. #2 and #4
MonsterCro

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 02:52:53 AM

Look im not the enemy here. not here to pick arguments or battles with people. The only thing im saying is while im there in the next 2 days im going to have a look and see whats going on, but im not to vouch for them.

give me a hard time as you will but there is no harm at looking
MonsterCro

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 02:59:10 AM

What exactly would you be look for? Are you expecting some big sign out the front to say PAYONIX - Australian ASIC company or something?

http://goo.gl/maps/A0Zq1

If you're not a shill/sockpuppet then you're a idiot.

P.S Adam Nettlefold only lives about 10mins drive from Bundall so there's a chance you'll be able to see him in person. He got a rat face so you won't miss it.

http://adamjnettlefold.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/an-crook-3.jpg

Adam is the guy getting a haircut

http://adamjnettlefold.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/adam-nettlefold1.jpg

Also his brothers in crime. #2 and #4

Yes I will keep an eye out for the rat face

also his twitter @nettas83.
plasmoske

The realist

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 03:02:03 AM

No worries mate. Enjoy your wild goose chase and good luck trying to track down his store with those phony addresses.

Just want to state again that:

The scammers email is in the website whois.
The email links to a known QLD scammer who does these types of things.
The lies so far and lack of proof.

Surely by now you would've already contacted your banks and what not. 1+1+1+1+1+1 equals 6 does it not?

Can't wait to see what happens on Monday. On their supposedly open day (again) and video demo Roll Eyes

Anyhow really hope the best for you if you're actually a legit customer of theirs.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 04:53:17 AM

Yes - but the point is they will need to have 3 KnC's to do that.

Anyway, it's one step in the process of proving themselves.

If they are unable to do this, then of course it simply does mean they don't have the hardware.
If they ARE able to do this, then it means they have X TH/s of mining hardware.

It's a simple step to either succeed and thus mean it could be possible, or fail and thus it clearly is a scam
They said they've had hardware mining for a week, so there is no excuse for not being able to leave it mining for a few hours to prove itself.
Of course they could have done this already, so they are only shooting themselves in the foot not doing it ... or they can't ...

i.e. they need to provide a demo of 1.x TH/s mining on Monday (provable 1.x TH/s)

The company papers includes the address of one of them, and google street view shows an out of focus but guessable number plate (yep google made a mistake) of the white 4WD in the driveway.
Since he's the 100% shareholder of payonix, and payonix is who has received the money, this makes him accountable for it.
Here's the blurred by google image Smiley

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
ericdc30

Activity: 46

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 05:53:55 AM

It's nice to see people are actively preventing scams by collaborating.  Wink

By the way do you guys think Cointerra will make the December deadline?
MonsterCro

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 06:27:32 AM

there is a good effort of people helping others fall into the trap. me silly enough I have pre orders, and I know plasmoske thinks I might be part of it or on a wild goose chase, but i'm right there on sunday and Monday. and if I cant locate them or get to see this demo the I will report to the authorities on Monday, even if I do see some sort of demo, chances are slim going by their actions i'm still not going to call it legit, and they will need answer lots of questions if by chance there is a an actual person to talk to

lets see what they say about refunds. they did state they are paypal verified so they can refund via paypal as well
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 06:31:05 AM

there is a good effort of people helping others fall into the trap. me silly enough I have pre orders, and I know plasmoske thinks I might be part of it or on a wild goose chase, but i'm right there on sunday and Monday. and if I cant locate them or get to see this demo the I will report to the authorities on Monday, even if I do see some sort of demo, chances are slim going by their actions i'm still not going to call it legit, and they will need answer lots of questions if by chance there is a an actual person to talk to

lets see what they say about refunds. they did state they are paypal verified so they can refund via paypal as well
They can't afford to refuse refunds at this stage, and there is one confirmed person who got back a refund. Admittedly it was in dollars when they paid in BTC but it's better than "sorry we're bankrupt (all your funds are belong to us)".

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: