Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:37:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I didn't realize all the bans would have this much effect  (Read 161 times)
Walrus1 (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 20

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 05:18:26 AM

What with google, twitter, faceburg and whoever banning all the pump and dump coins it does appear to be having quite an impact on btc and other top crypto. I never got into all those ico as I looked at so many as scams and being the exact opposite of what btc was meant to be but this has changed things quite a bit. I'm not banging the drum saying btc is dead like I'm seeing all over the Internet lately (people have a lot of hate) but due to me not completely understanding the ico market entanglement with btc I misjudged

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mktpromp

Activity: 294
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 07:48:34 AM

Social media are a big platform to promote the crypto market. But when the promotion got banned, it will face some hard time. But I think this is very general for the industry and it will overcome the situation with its high acceptancy to people.
ganlianshifu1

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 07:52:27 AM

The impact of social media on digital encryption is huge!

People use social media to understand the new digital cryptographic currency, and when social media bans the advertising of ICO, people will be suspicious of digital encryption money!

This has led to a drop in investor confidence!
ahiaba.john@yahoo.com

Activity: 365

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 07:58:21 AM

Nothing good come easy and therefore no business or an organization succeed without criticism. This a very hard time for crypto currency because of a lot of criticism and banning by some countries in he world. It is good crypto pass through this stage of development and that would proof to the world that cryto has come to stay. Note that this hard time is temporary and crypto shall over come.

A1exander

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 08:03:36 AM

I do not think the current dump is caused by banning crypto advertisements. The market is heavily manipulated. The exponential rise in the end of 2017 was unsustainable and those who artificially pumped the market, subsequently crashed it. Now we just have to wait through the winter.
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 757

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 09:10:53 AM

I do not think the current dump is caused by banning crypto advertisements. The market is heavily manipulated. The exponential rise in the end of 2017 was unsustainable and those who artificially pumped the market, subsequently crashed it. Now we just have to wait through the winter.

Yeah I agree. The Google and Facebook bans barely moved the markets at all, actually. Bitcoin dropped quite a bit when Twitter announced its ban though, which doesn't make sense because it's smaller than Google and Facebook. It follows, then, that the logical conclusion would be that the dip doesn't have anything to do with the Twitter ban, and likely means that the Google and Facebook ban actually had a very marginal effect on the market. Bitcoin doesn't have anything to do with ads anyway.

But yeah, massive rises are typically followed by massive dips, and here we are in the aftermath of December.

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4172
Merit: 4357

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 09:18:52 AM

my opinion is that the january drop was just speculation bursting from over hype.. just like 2013

as for now its not investor confidence. but ico scammers exiting back to fiat plus a mix of day traders testing the lows to find where the new bottom resistance is, to then go to bull

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
tonyja2017

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 09:24:12 AM

What with google, twitter, faceburg and whoever banning all the pump and dump coins it does appear to be having quite an impact on btc and other top crypto. I never got into all those ico as I looked at so many as scams and being the exact opposite of what btc was meant to be but this has changed things quite a bit. I'm not banging the drum saying btc is dead like I'm seeing all over the Internet lately (people have a lot of hate) but due to me not completely understanding the ico market entanglement with btc I misjudged

Yes, you made a huge mistake. Media and social networking sites greatly influence the popularity of cryptocurrency.
Although it is FUDs, it will still have a lot of impact on the cost of the altcoins. You should update more news and references on the crypto market before investing in any ICO or altcoin. Wink

idgaf007

Activity: 126
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 09:26:07 AM

It would give an impact because people put double standards on news. People are afraid and paranoid that they won't get the money back that is why banning crypto is a big deal for them. So people tend to sell and it usually causes a ripple effect from one weak hand to the other.

●  ▌█  Dbrain - AI happens  |  Sign up for Alpha  █▐  ●
A blockchain platform to collectively build AI apps
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 09:45:22 AM

Twitter and facebooks and other similar social media platforms were great places for the advirtisement of cryptocurrencies, their wallets, exchanges, and other stuff related to them. But since these platforms have banned auch advertisement, no doubt it have taken a toll in bitcoins health.

But the cause of such bans were those fake advertisements that lured users into any random cryptocurrencies and schemes related to them. The ban has been imposed to control the mishappening from which these social networking sites wanted their hands to be clean of. Obviously it have somehow impacted on the growth and flourishment of cryptos.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 09:56:16 AM

my opinion is that the january drop was just speculation bursting from over hype.. just like 2013

as for now its not investor confidence. but ico scammers exiting back to fiat plus a mix of day traders testing the lows to find where the new bottom resistance is, to then go to bull

I have been reading some news articles about the banksters status on crypto and it's so funny when some say Bitcoin is doomed and will fail soon while others estimate its price is gonna increase such bipolar opinions lol  Grin
liamnorthcoins

Activity: 211

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 10:04:50 AM

It would give an impact because people put double standards on news. People are afraid and paranoid that they won't get the money back that is why banning crypto is a big deal for them. So people tend to sell and it usually causes a ripple effect from one weak hand to the other.
Of course it can affect. Because people who are candidates to become investor will not pursue and will have a doubt over bitcoin. So this can really make the market value of bitcoin go down. Also the prevention of social media platform to air and inform people of the benefits and importance of bitcoin is also cut off. Ignorance or lack of knowledge is the worst enemy of bitcoin. Because if people will get proper understanding of what is bitcoin through the social media platforms they will also invest and have faith in bitcoin so the market becomes more lively and more profit will come to the investors.
tonylewisverdu

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 10:08:47 AM

ofcourse, that big centralized company are trying to control decentralized system because it will decrease their profit as usual business.. this is just one of those hard times and we will recover from this.
SirTradeX

Activity: 50

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 10:09:24 AM

Well to me it's really frustrating that people get affected by such news. I mean, do you see promotions about stocks and stock markets on social networks? Do you see realestate market ads on your social media? Funny how people get psyched out over such things. I understand the fear of ban of crypto itself, but advertisments are just a joke for me. Whoever wants to be in crypto market will do the research on its own not by the help of ads that are mostly just fake businesses.

BR.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 10:11:14 AM

It is the other way around. Those bad news brought about by google, twitter, facebook and soon reddit have caused a major impact on bitcoin and thus from 9k$ bitcoin fell down to 6200$. The good news on the other hand is that bitcoin have already started recovering since the major whales have not sell their bitcoins. Thus we can expect more increase in bitcoin starting today.
marcuslong
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 10:24:06 AM

This is why those bans on the ico advertisements are actually a great thing for us in the long run. Those caused a lot of pain and issues for the ones scammed and it led to a lot of negative news and misjudging.

Lets just be positive and never lose hope mate, everything is possible that the current situations regarding the bans will be vanish in the long run. Some of those haters and group of people make more dake news regarding that, and am sure that is their one ways of breaking the reputations of crypto currencies. Those pains that we had for months ago isn't sustaining, and that must be stopped so that it will not cause dominoe effect digital currency communities crash down.
hermanjones18

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 11:11:37 AM

These bans are sad for use anyhow, but, we should not lose our patience, crypto currencies are still new to people, right? It takes time to to understand a new thing, and own it by heart. We can hope, there will be no ban soon.
vorseb

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 11:28:51 AM

Sure, Google and Facebook is the largest platform to introduce bitcoin all people in the world. But if they reject to do that, the no one knows about bitcoin and decreased bitcoin popularity so some people are lost confidence in bitcoin and finally no one buys bitcoin and the price will be fall.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 01:14:24 PM

Social media are a big platform to promote the crypto market. But when the promotion got banned, it will face some hard time. But I think this is very general for the industry and it will overcome the situation with its high acceptancy to people.
who told you that it was a social media whos affecting this fall?its the correction from the bubble of 2017 in december,now were facing the real price and sad to admit but it is,so if theres any problem with that about recovery well those who suffer must wait for another growth that maybe will happening late december or if bad mid of next year
Radio-Active

Activity: 523

YOUC - https://www.youengine.io/

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 02:30:19 PM

social media have a quite big role for advertising something include cryptocurrency.
sadly because many scam ICO's, crypto ads was banned from social media.
The purpose is to prevent peoples from getting scammed.
but i think this is not the only factor that affecting the market price.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: