Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:43:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit System And My humble Suggestion (What's Your Own Suggestion?)  (Read 106 times)
ndico (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

better Days Ahead...

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 11:11:08 PM

I like the idea of the new merit system, it will definitely improve the post quality in the community. But I have many issues with the merit system. which includes.

- The new merit will make some members to create multiple account and give themselves the merit
- Some might be given merit to their friends to help them move to another level while their post doesn't deserve the merit
- some might even demand for momentary value to be able to give out merit

these and many more issues

So my humble suggestion and opinion for the merit to be fair and justify.

I will suggest that people will only give a limited number of merit to a particular member within a time frame. Example: Member A can give Member B lets say only 1 merit within a period of two weeks. So it means that Member A cannot dump 10 merits at once to Member B. Member B can receive merit from other members but once within a time frame like once every two weeks.

I think implementing something like that will help to strengthen the merit system and make fair for everyone to receive merit for a good post from any one.

I am just sharing my thought and opinion regarding the merit system.

What is your own thought about merit system and how to make it better and fair for everyone?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mdayonliner
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 11:55:12 PM

What is your own thought about merit system and how to make it better and fair for everyone?

All these suggestions, advises, recommendations, ideas, proposals, opinions etc etc were discussed already. I guess you are new in meta section.
Welcome  Cheesy
Observe Adapt Overcome - this is I am saying now a days.

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M
theyoungmillionaire

Activity: 375
Merit: 1021

Just in case no one loves you, I love you 3000.

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 02:27:25 AM
Last edit: April 29, 2018, 04:26:45 AM by theyoungmillionaire

-snip-

ndico, welcome in!

I am sure before the implementation of merit system theymos already figure out some safety net or contingency plan. Suggestion is very easy for us to say but the implementation and to build a system that would actually work is different. Let us wait for a while on how we can handle this system. I am tired of reading about merit system every day. How much more if we are in theymos shoes. Let us just move on, make a serious & meaningful discussion here. Room for improvement is limitless and it takes time. Read.

KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 02:33:15 AM

I like the idea of the new merit system, it will definitely improve the post quality in the community. But I have many issues with the merit system. which includes.

- The new merit will make some members to create multiple account and give themselves the merit How much Merit do Newbie accounts have?
- Some might be given merit to their friends to help them move to another level while their post doesn't deserve the merit Sooner or later, these accounts will run dry of sMerits.
- some might even demand for momentary value to be able to give out merit  Already happens but see above.

these and many more issues Such as?

OP adds nothing new to the Merit discussion.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3054

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2018, 02:58:37 AM

I am just sharing my thought and opinion regarding the merit system.

Meta is for board issues.

Your feelings are not related to this forum.   Undecided

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
hoanghai101296

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 03:51:24 AM

I will suggest that people will only give a limited number of merit to a particular member within a time frame. Example: Member A can give Member B lets say only 1 merit within a period of two weeks. So it means that Member A cannot dump 10 merits at once to Member B. Member B can receive merit from other members but once within a time frame like once every two weeks.

If done this way, administrators will not be able to offer merit to a person who has 2 quality posts within 2 weeks
The moral system is strictly controlled, trading behavior, fraud is prohibited. If you see any behavior, please report it to the administrator
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4340
Merit: 3042

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 04:15:46 AM

There already is such a limit. You cannot send more than 50 merits to a single user within a 30 day period.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: