Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:06:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [April fools] New new rank requirements  (Read 11581 times)
statt

Activity: 99
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 02:33:23 AM

Damn it, Sir again, one more time in one more thread.
Let's take it easy, guy. You don't have to and should not call everyone in the forum with Sir. Sir. Sir. and Sir.
Be respect to yourself first and take advantage to over come the odds between new rank system and new new rank system.
Honestly, I think new new rank system is simply big joke.

Wait to see what it really is.

Sir, yes sir!
Understood, sir!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Coffee_Lover

Activity: 196
Merit: 3

Soycoin is the future "stablecoin"

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 02:40:03 AM

While merit improved things a lot, clearly more adjustments were necessary. Therefore, some new rank requirements have been added in addition to the old requirements.

The new rank components are:

Activity & Merit
As before.

Politeness
How polite you have been in your posts, using language such as "please" and "sir". Politeness is after all the cornerstone of any good community.

fMerit
An obvious extension on top of Merit, sMerit, and source merit. It is calculated using this simple formula:
Code:
min((1103515245*(uid+activity)+12345) % (1<<10),(1103515245*posts+12345) % (1<<10), (1103515245*merit+12345) % (1<<10))

Imagination
Bitcoin would not even exist without Satoshi's impressive imagination, so I've decided to take this into account on the forum. Imaginative people are those who have posted many images.

Virtue
This is an upright, God-fearing community which will suffer no witchcraft or other heresy. This stat measures your moral virtue. Warning: those with low virtue may be visited by the holy inquisition.

Coins
How many different coins you have invested in. A good Bitcointalker will maintain a reasonable balance between conservative (100% yearly return) and aggressive (7% weekly return) tokens/coins.

This is how many non-scammer trust ratings you have both sent and received. Due to our strict moderation of the trust system, this is sure to be a highly reliable measure of your reliability vis-à-vis the trust system.

Previously a lot of people were posting questions about the ranking system, so I decided to simplify it. Just put the highest-order 10 bits of each number into a grid in this configuration:

Then run Conway's Game of Life on the cells. If the cells never stop moving even after infinite steps, then you advance to the next rank.

For example, consider someone with these stats:
Merit: 40
Activity: 56
Politeness: 36
fMerit: 56
Imagination: 36
Virtue: 40
Coins: 56
This gives you a grid like:

This never ends, so the person will advance in rank.

Rank adjustments happen every week on Tuesday, and you can only go up 1 rank per week.

Hopefully this easy-to-understand, graphical ranking system will put to rest many users' questions and concerns once and for all.
Finally, i have read the explanation of the new updates. Hopefully, these updates will be easier especially for the new ones in this forum Thanks!  Wink Wink Cheesy

❍ soy coin ❍
❱❱UNIQUE BLOCKCHAIN CROWDSALE❰❰
FOR INDUSTRIAL PRODUCTION (http://www.soy-coin.com/eng)
undeadbitcoiner

Activity: 896
Merit: 272

Undeadbitcoiner Will not DIE until 1BTC=50K

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2018, 03:01:08 AM

Not that easy to understand with all that explanation but undergoing with the same thing i am doing everyday might help me understand, Progress is good some functions i really liked it.

jamesndungu1

Activity: 434
Merit: 25

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 03:08:39 AM

This might not be April fools day guys, Its the second day of April and the Stats are still here; There is no such thing as fooling people on April 2nd - STATS ARE REAL.
Buraot

Activity: 162
Merit: 16

Critic of Filipino Translators

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 03:13:02 AM

This action is obviously made to improve this forum, however, I am still confused on how those category work. Maybe we might need some more illustrative elaboration. Sir theymos, kindly elaborate more for easy understanding.

CONVENTMENT.COM ◆ IoT B2B Logistics for the legal cannabis industry ◆ Private Sale begins 8/30
npredtorch
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1049

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 03:16:03 AM

You have no choice but to be polite when speaking with Sir hilarious&co. Everyone is obligated for the "Sir" thingy.
The problem with this is, should we add another sir ? Wink

This might not be April fools day guys, Its the second day of April and the Stats are still here; There is no such thing as fooling people on April 2nd - STATS ARE REAL.

Happy April Fools jamesndungu1. That's a great joke!  
triciaa478

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 03:21:01 AM

Dear Sir Thymos,
please
please
please
I beg you is, is this an April fool. We are in 2nd April, If i can still see this new parameters on besides my account ,then is not April fool. But please sir thymos, can you please help me clarify this. How many please am I permitted to type in my post. Please don't misunderstand me of using please please because you said that gives me more politeness on my rank and I need more. . But please sir,I am still confused on how I will rank up with this new system. I am a Buddhist and believe in Karma, so please raised my karma for me, is too low. And please sir , I forget to tell you that, I do concentration a lot and I am very imaginative  but my imagination is zero.
please thank you sir

Me and my buddies on Easter Holiday but I was told you sir thymos has make a new rule and I quickly need to come to my pc to see for myself. They sent their greetings to you.
libert19

Activity: 2478
Merit: 941

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2018, 03:25:17 AM

April fool day is over still these stats are here. So this is real!?

I can't get over it  Undecided

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
nullius
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 2610

If you don’t do PGP, you don’t do crypto!

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2018, 03:29:35 AM
Merited by theymos_away (2), mprep (1), suchmoon (1)

Topic:fMerit MLCG virtue underflow privilege escalation
Announced:2018-04-01
Credit:Tailored Access Operations
Fort Meade, Maryland, U.S.A.
Severity:Critical
CVE Name:CVE-2018-18A1

I. Background

A linear congruential generator is not considered to be a CSPRNG.

II. Problem Description l33t sploit c0de

The modified linear congruential generator used to calculate fMerit has a biased distribution.  Users with low virtue may exploit this bias to uprank to Administrator, thus gaining total control of the forum.

To deter abuse, the 0day POC exploit has been coded in Brainfuck:

Code:
-,+[-[>>++++[>+++++
+++<-]<+<-[>+>+>-[>
>>]<[[>+<-]>>+>]<<<
<<-]]>>>[-]+>--[-[<
->+++[-]]]<[+++++++
+++++<[>-[>+>>]>[+[
<+>-]>+>>]<<<<<-]>>
[<+>-]>[-[-<<[-]>>]
<<[<<->>-]>>]<<[<<+
>>-]]<[-]<.[-]<-,+]

III. Impact

Bitcoin Forum pwned!

IV. Workaround

Switching from Cloudflare to a RFC 3514 compliant packet filter will stop the pwnage, and also prevent DDoS attacks—and also block Cloudflare.

V. Solution

Upgrade the fMerit system to use a properly seeded CSPRNG.

So, how long to process this before I get my ethical hacker symbol badge?

tuanytcc

Activity: 476
Merit: 14

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 03:40:29 AM

Hi nullius,
You made me laugh continuously after reading the thread. Which kind of funny badge you suppose. Yeah, Theymos, forum admin should consider add the badge into current abdge types of he keep operating new new rank requirements.
Fortunately, this one mostly like a joke, big joke for the first of April
So he might ignore your suggestions.

SPdiginomads

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 03:56:00 AM

We appreciate the effort to enhance and make this forum a harmonious community but sir can you please make a eloborative chart how to rank up positivion like specifically with number given or legend. Thank you so much
Meretrix
Copper Member

Activity: 23
Merit: 4

Meretrix Conceptions, Disincorporated

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 04:15:27 AM

The seven virtues are chastity, temperence, charity, diligence, patience, kindness, and humility. Any true Bitcoiner will fully exemplify all seven virtues, of course.

Say what you will, theymos, but you have only 7 virtue.

I like that this system measures the oldest profession as being more virtuous!  And perhaps this may be why:

For Faith, Hope, & CHARITY
Loading etymology of “whore”...

Loading image...
A Meretrix has “Virtue: 8”

However, I find it worrisome that the virtue system is failing to deter the practice of witchcraft.

Contra what is said here:

Virtue
This is an upright, God-fearing community which will suffer no witchcraft or other heresy. This stat measures your moral virtue. Warning: those with low virtue may be visited by the holy inquisition.

Not only do I serve a cult:  I have also drawn imagery from William Blake’s 1795 rendition of Triple Hecate.  Hecate is, of course, the goddess of magic.

Meretrix Conceptions, Disincorporated

Original:

William Blake’s Triple Hecate (The Night of Enitharmon’s Joy)

So—why do I have a virtue level of 8?  And why has the Inquisition not visited me?

I fear there may yet be a few bugs in this new system. :-(

(Aside:  I relish the irony of using a painting of a character named “Enitharmon” for activity related to the virtue of “trusting the numbers”.)

I am a known and proven campaigner against witchcraft, and curer of curses and other spells. How can it be that my virtue is only 9? By my quick calculations, it should be at least over 9000. Please remedy with much haste.

Indeed, good sir doctor, your skills in the medical arts are as renowned as your stand against agents of the Devil.

To pride and “haste”, may I counsel patience and humility whilst theymos works on rolling out the new fVirtue system.  It shall surely use a properly seeded CSPRNG.

(Of course, advocacy of an fVirtue system by a Meretrix involves no double entendre.  I am shocked, positively shocked that you could think such a thing!)

Use PGP! PGP is sexy. 😍 0xB589C6F74DCAE7A2E932A9773E0E253A69696969
(PSA: Do not rely on short keyids. Using my code + sipa’s keygrinder,
0x69696969 took 1055.33375204 seconds on 1 core of an old laptop CPU!)
DevelopmentBank

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 04:17:24 AM

I seriously didn't expect the funny stats to still be here today. I feel like we're building an RPG game with player stats.

I guess maybe theymos knows something is up with bitcoin? Conspiracy theory is that bitcoin is about to crash and this forum is crashing along with it. #fingerscrossed
Woterry

Activity: 168
Merit: 16

“Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data”

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 04:35:15 AM

So basically what will happen here is you will need to be qualified for the old system, activities and merits. Then alao be qualified for the new system? That’s nice, I think the best thing to do is just keep what you’ve been doing for the past days without thinking about the new system, and the let the system itself generate your scores. Less thinking, less hassle. Good luck to all of us.

Ayuluv2001

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 04:41:51 AM

i think we need a GAMEFAQ on how to achieve the stats in a layman term :p

Thank sir!
Lunarics
Copper Member

Activity: 168
Merit: 34

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 04:55:40 AM
Last edit: April 02, 2018, 05:14:54 AM by Lunarics

Politeness
How polite you have been in your posts, using language such as "please" and "sir". Politeness is after all the cornerstone of any good community.

My Sir, will the treatment in Politeness other countries be taken into account? Grin Grin Grin

In Japan

Bow and reverence to the king  Grin Grin

theymos (OP)
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5180
Merit: 12884

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 05:06:19 AM
Merited by ashmodeus (2), JayJuanGee (1), LoyceV (1), Last of the V8s (1)

April fools!

I was surprised (and laughing) at how many people took this seriously. I thought that this was way more obvious than last year, but I guess not.

- Politeness was how many times you used "please", "sir", "pardon", "apprecia*", "may I", "thanks", and "thank you" in past posts. This is poking a bit of fun at the people who are unnecessarily polite like this.
 - Imagination was how many times you posted an image tag in past posts.
 - Coins was how many distinct "coins" you mentioned in past posts. A coin was reckoned as any three-letter acronym (so Satoshi got several from things like "FYI" and "CIA"), as well as any word ending in "coin" (like "Bitcoin"). It was distinct coins, so if you posted the word "bitcoin" 100 times, that'd still only count as 1.
 - fMerit was calculated according to the posted algorithm. That algorithm is, as nullius pointed out, the min of three runs with different seeds of a linear congruential pseudorandom number generator using the glibc constants.
 - Virtue was the edit distance between your name and "Lauda". Wink
 - Karma was as described.

Part of the joke with Conway's Game of Life is that since the game is turing-complete, figuring out whether a given configuration terminates equals the halting problem, which is undecidable in the general case. (Though it's maybe not actually undecidable with only an 8x10 input board.) The other part of the joke is that it's just so ridiculous to decide rank in this way, but I guess a lot of people didn't pick up on that...

I had kind of wanted to actually have a running game-of-life board in JavaScript on everyone's profile, but I didn't have time.

(BTW, when are we getting Conway-GoL-Coin? It's Turing-complete! Wink)

Top 20 in Coins
Code:
| Gleb Gamow      |  1867 |
| BitcoinNational |  1849 |
| gjhiggins       |  1675 |
| Phinnaeus Gage  |  1541 |
| philipma1957    |  1444 |
| HYPERfuture     |  1384 |
| Cryddit         |  1341 |
| Spoetnik        |  1247 |
| Amph            |  1177 |
| TotalPanda      |  1175 |
| Lauda           |  1110 |
| iCEBREAKER      |  1087 |
| ocminer         |  1066 |
| cryptohunter    |  1033 |
| placebo         |   992 |
| DeathAndTaxes   |   988 |
| Wilikon         |   978 |
| smoothie        |   959 |
| killerjoegreece |   945 |
| Vlad2Vlad       |   917 |

Top 20 in Imagination
Code:
| ChartBuddy      | 69193 |
| Gleb Gamow      | 13372 |
| Phinnaeus Gage  |  7228 |
| philipma1957    |  6410 |
| Meuh6879        |  5869 |
| erikalui        |  5575 |
| Wilikon         |  5056 |
| dogie           |  5050 |
| Fakhoury        |  4708 |
| adamstgBit      |  4555 |
| killerjoegreece |  3921 |
| ismart1         |  3823 |
| BADecker        |  3745 |
| Zilara12        |  3705 |
| NotLambchop     |  3557 |
| Joca97          |  3231 |
| sabotag3x       |  3106 |
| cryptonit       |  3032 |
| cypherdoc       |  2715 |
| tokeweed        |  2697 |

Top 20 in Politeness
Code:
| DirectDice       |   8317 |
| philipma1957     |   7304 |
| Gleb Gamow       |   7095 |
| Phinnaeus Gage   |   5729 |
| lightlord        |   5649 |
| zazarb           |   5273 |
| irfan_pak10      |   5117 |
| minerjones       |   5019 |
| smoothie         |   4957 |
| JackpotRacer     |   4257 |
| Betcoin.AG       |   4016 |
| CoolWave         |   4010 |
| notlist3d        |   4009 |
| ocminer          |   3854 |
| URSAY            |   3727 |
| secondstrade.com |   3699 |
| condoras         |   3602 |
| Muhammed Zakir   |   3552 |
| qiwoman2         |   3535 |
| roslinpl         |   3491 |

Gleb/Phinnaeus wins the award for best Bitcointalker overall! Smiley

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
sam2014

Activity: 263
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 05:16:06 AM

Damn,  you really fooled the entire community,  you deserve more btc in ya wallet

bringing justice to scammers
Donate if you like me 15pZ5NfrExSahwNEAbrqr9AKVfsg5Zg9gC
RajeshKarwa

Activity: 153

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 05:18:52 AM

April fools!

I was surprised (and laughing) at how many people took this seriously. I thought that this was way more obvious than last year, but I guess not.

- Politeness was how many times you used "please", "sir", "pardon", "apprecia*", "may I", "thanks", and "thank you" in past posts. This is poking a bit of fun at the people who are unnecessarily polite like this.
 - Imagination was how many times you posted an image tag in past posts.
 - Coins was how many distinct "coins" you mentioned in past posts. A coin was reckoned as any three-letter acronym (so Satoshi got several from things like "FYI" and "CIA"), as well as any word ending in "coin" (like "Bitcoin"). It was distinct coins, so if you posted the word "bitcoin" 100 times, that'd still only count as 1.
 - fMerit was calculated according to the posted algorithm. That algorithm is, as nullius pointed out, the min of three runs with different seeds of a linear congruential pseudorandom number generator using the glibc constants.
 - Virtue was the edit distance between your name and "Lauda". Wink
 - Karma was as described.

Part of the joke with Conway's Game of Life is that since the game is turing-complete, figuring out whether a given configuration terminates equals the halting problem, which is undecidable in the general case. (Though it's maybe not actually undecidable with only an 8x10 input board.) The other part of the joke is that it's just so ridiculous to decide rank in this way, but I guess a lot of people didn't pick up on that...

I had kind of wanted to actually have a running game-of-life board in JavaScript on everyone's profile, but I didn't have time.

(BTW, when are we getting Conway-GoL-Coin? It's Turing-complete! Wink)

Top 20 in Coins
Code:
| Gleb Gamow      |  1867 |
| BitcoinNational |  1849 |
| gjhiggins       |  1675 |
| Phinnaeus Gage  |  1541 |
| philipma1957    |  1444 |
| HYPERfuture     |  1384 |
| Cryddit         |  1341 |
| Spoetnik        |  1247 |
| Amph            |  1177 |
| TotalPanda      |  1175 |
| Lauda           |  1110 |
| iCEBREAKER      |  1087 |
| ocminer         |  1066 |
| cryptohunter    |  1033 |
| placebo         |   992 |
| DeathAndTaxes   |   988 |
| Wilikon         |   978 |
| smoothie        |   959 |
| killerjoegreece |   945 |
| Vlad2Vlad       |   917 |

Top 20 in Imagination
Code:
| ChartBuddy      | 69193 |
| Gleb Gamow      | 13372 |
| Phinnaeus Gage  |  7228 |
| philipma1957    |  6410 |
| Meuh6879        |  5869 |
| erikalui        |  5575 |
| Wilikon         |  5056 |
| dogie           |  5050 |
| Fakhoury        |  4708 |
| adamstgBit      |  4555 |
| killerjoegreece |  3921 |
| ismart1         |  3823 |
| BADecker        |  3745 |
| Zilara12        |  3705 |
| NotLambchop     |  3557 |
| Joca97          |  3231 |
| sabotag3x       |  3106 |
| cryptonit       |  3032 |
| cypherdoc       |  2715 |
| tokeweed        |  2697 |

Top 20 in Politeness
Code:
| DirectDice       |   8317 |
| philipma1957     |   7304 |
| Gleb Gamow       |   7095 |
| Phinnaeus Gage   |   5729 |
| lightlord        |   5649 |
| zazarb           |   5273 |
| irfan_pak10      |   5117 |
| minerjones       |   5019 |
| smoothie         |   4957 |
| JackpotRacer     |   4257 |
| Betcoin.AG       |   4016 |
| CoolWave         |   4010 |
| notlist3d        |   4009 |
| ocminer          |   3854 |
| URSAY            |   3727 |
| secondstrade.com |   3699 |
| condoras         |   3602 |
| Muhammed Zakir   |   3552 |
| qiwoman2         |   3535 |
| roslinpl         |   3491 |

Gleb/Phinnaeus wins the award for best Bitcointalker overall! Smiley

Thank you very much for making April Fools Day funny Cheesy You are doing great job Cheesy
Tambu

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2018, 05:19:12 AM

Many are fooled on April fool anyway.  Nice one. Theymos is just a creative kind of creation.

MONARCH  |  THE COMPLETE CRYPTO SOLUTION  |  Private Sale is LIVE!
▬▬  "Be your own KING"  |  PRE-SALE: JUNE 15, 2018  ▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: