Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:42:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Start Meta Trader 4 - BTC-e.com  (Read 22680 times)
JackDinn

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 05:20:41 AM

well even though i had been warned many times in a few places i sent a small amount into the MT4 account just to see for myself if i could get it back out and as far as i can tell i cant ! i just get the message "Insufficient Funds" but i defiantly have the funds in MT4 i can see them.

O well it was just a test amount as i suspected it was a BIG con (unless iv missed something someone can help me with)

Do not deposit into MT4 , They WILL keep your money !!

I shall stick with https://www.tradingview.com and QTbitcointrader
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
eldentyrell
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

felonious vagrancy, personified

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 02:32:06 AM

Here are the trading terms for MT4 accounts:

Hi, where is the web interface for trading?  No way I am going to download some executable binary to run.

Also, where is the API documentation?

The printing press heralded the end of the Dark Ages and made the Enlightenment possible, but it took another three centuries before any country managed to put freedom of the press beyond the reach of legislators.  So it may take a while before cryptocurrencies are free of the AML-NSA-KYC surveillance plague.
ponch85

Activity: 609
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 03:30:30 PM

BTCE- Extchange MT4, no connection. login not working. inability to access my account with BTC-E.

hey how can I fix it?
chris45215

Activity: 22

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 04:26:37 AM
Last edit: May 21, 2014, 12:52:10 AM by chris45215

TL;DR: Run away as fast as you can. Update: Avoid it unless you really need to use it.

Longer version:
I set up a metatrader account about 2 weeks ago. DO NOT DO IT! AVOID!

It has my money trapped there - I cannot see any way to get it out.

Additionally, (and I say this as a software developer), the program is a piece of junk. Utter, total rubbish. It does not even show you your balance in bitcoin; you have to calculate that out by hand, or decipher the heiroglyphs that are Equity (which is an understandable term), Margin, Free margin, and Margin level. WTF? What is my balance in BITCOINS??! i HAVE A FINANCE DEGREE AND I STILL CANNOT UNDERSTAND THIS!

Update: Transfers from Metatrader to the Btc-E account were processed within a day, despite messages from Btc-E saying that there were not enough funds in the account (even after I closed all my positions). The warning from Btc-E was extremely inaccurate, and the unintuitiveness of MT4 just compounded the impression that the program was incapable of returning funds to my account.
My opinion of the program has been updated to "Avoid it unless you really need to use it". I still believe the program is very poorly designed. Financial software does have a trend of poor design. Also, the software is not utter total rubbish - that assessment was based on the scenario where my money was deposited into the program's account, but could not be removed. The software seems functional, but still has a bad UI.
capoeira
Legendary

Activity: 2388
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 10:09:57 AM

TL;DR: Run away as fast as you can.

Longer version:
I set up a metatrader account about 2 weeks ago. DO NOT DO IT! AVOID!

It has my money trapped there - I cannot see any way to get it out.

Additionally, (and I say this as a software developer), the program is a piece of junk. Utter, total rubbish. It does not even show you your balance in bitcoin; you have to calculate that out by hand, or decipher the heiroglyphs that are Equity (which is an understandable term), Margin, Free margin, and Margin level. WTF? What is my balance in BITCOINS??! i HAVE A FINANCE DEGREE AND I STILL CANNOT UNDERSTAND THIS!

What's the problem with the withdraw?

Your MT4 account is in $, not in Bitcoin.

there are many turorials in the web to understand the software to understand it, at first it is a bit complicated to understand. it's the most used software in forex

chris45215

Activity: 22

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 12:40:28 AM

What's the problem with the withdraw?

Your MT4 account is in $, not in Bitcoin.

there are many turorials in the web to understand the software to understand it, at first it is a bit complicated to understand. it's the most used software in forex

Thanks for the feedback I'll put an update in my original post.

The withdraw issues are resolved. Btc-E was telling me that there were not enough funds in my account to make the withdraw. And though Btc-E says to wait 24 hours for it to process, that notice is superseded by the alerts claiming there are no funds. If the alert said "Transfer request submitted, please allow up to 24 hours", everything would have been absolutely fine. And don't worry, I know my account is in dollars - but nonetheless the program should show how many bitcoins I hold or have in a short/long position.

I am somewhat accustomed to software at least having indications of an item's functionality. This is extremely easy to design. The Trade window does not have this at all - it appears to be a transaction history, but actually is a set of standing positions. The way to exit those positions is to right-click and cancel them, which is an operation that a transaction history simply does not have. This is one of the least intuitive things I have seen for a very long time. If it looked confusing, I would have searched online to see what it was - but it didn't look confusing, it looked like a simple transaction history.

The combination of Btc-E telling me that there are no funds, and the poor way of exiting positions does create a scenario where the user (me) says "Oh no, this software controls my account but the functions to withdraw are completely broken. My money is stuck forever." And let's face it, that can happen with bitcoin.

Also, the sounds from the software are dreadful. Listing them under Tools -> Options -> Events is also inexplicable, they should be under Notifications.
capoeira
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 09:48:18 AM

This is one of the least intuitive things I have seen for a very long time.

agreed. but belive it or not, you get used to it

And don't worry, I know my account is in dollars - but nonetheless the program should show how many bitcoins I hold or have in a short/long position.

you can now trade the MT4 account on FxOpen with mBTC as base currency. If you don't know, FxOpen's crypto account is actually the same as BTC-E's MT4 account, since FxOpen provides the MT4-server for BTC-E: http://support.fxopen.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/1093/153/welcome-bonus-10-crypto

rpgreseller

Activity: 21

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 01:09:57 AM

There seriously needs to be a setup manual. Instructions unclear.
capoeira
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 01:25:03 AM

There seriously needs to be a setup manual. Instructions unclear.

look out in google. this software is used by millions

MarketMagic

Activity: 777
Merit: 777

Altbone inc.Burial service for altcoins

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 11:05:38 AM

I am currently trying to place some of my own custom indicators into the MT4 platform but when I put them into the indicator file location on btc-e mt4 they fail to appear on the list window when the programme is opened for trading.Some of the indicators end in .ex4 and some in .mq4 but none are showing up on the list Huh

█████████████████████
capoeira
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 12:45:03 PM

I am currently trying to place some of my own custom indicators into the MT4 platform but when I put them into the indicator file location on btc-e mt4 they fail to appear on the list window when the programme is opened for trading.Some of the indicators end in .ex4 and some in .mq4 but none are showing up on the list Huh

check journal tab for error messages
if you find nothing there, you have put them in the wrong folder. they have to be in the "MQL4" main folder

MarketMagic

Activity: 777
Merit: 777

Altbone inc.Burial service for altcoins

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 05:42:04 PM
Last edit: September 13, 2014, 08:46:31 PM by MarketMagic

check journal tab for error messages
if you find nothing there, you have put them in the wrong folder. they have to be in the "MQL4" main folder

I looked in the journal and a lot of errors so I tried going to options>metaeditor>file>open folder>indicators and dragged and dropped them in and then compiled and now seems to work.Thank you for your time.Much appreciated

█████████████████████
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: