Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:02:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Girls in crypto? Guys and Girls weigh in.  (Read 269 times)
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 10:06:08 PM

So i'm kind of wondering why it seems like there aren't many girls who are a part of the crypto community.
They are not able to understand things like crypto.  They just want to make cookies and stuff like that. 

thats not true, girls can be smart as hell, i take girls and women if they want to work in my cryptoproject, no problem. just PM me.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
franzkie345

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 10:34:54 PM

So i'm kind of wondering why it seems like there aren't many girls who are a part of the crypto community.
They are not able to understand things like crypto.  They just want to make cookies and stuff like that. 

Lets not underestimate girls, my girlfriend has been opening my bitcoin account and she is very active about our campaigns. She says she loves bitcoin because it really enjoys her. So, I think it really depends on girls.
orions.belt19

Activity: 686
Merit: 146

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 10:44:30 PM

I'm not really sure if I personally see any barriers that are holding women back from joining the crypto community.
For the most part, I think that our community is pretty welcoming to all people, so maybe it's just that cryptocurrency doesn't really appeal to to women?

That said, I have a couple of female friends that are actively investing in crypto, so I don't think it's right to over-generalize too much...

The best thing you could do is just try to involve more of your friends, let them know what's interesting about crypto for you.
I'm also not a big fan of women-only or men-only channels, people of all gender/sex/orientation are welcome in the mainstream crypto channels anyway.

It is simply not in the line of interest for women. I find that most of them are not interested about it. Some get curious at first but lose interest because it's too "technical" for them. Bitcoin itself is not sexist. It's totally accessible to women as much as it is for men so there's no issue on that. It's just that women choose not to use it for themselves voluntarily due to lack of interest.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 10:54:36 PM

I'm not really sure if I personally see any barriers that are holding women back from joining the crypto community.
For the most part, I think that our community is pretty welcoming to all people, so maybe it's just that cryptocurrency doesn't really appeal to to women?

That said, I have a couple of female friends that are actively investing in crypto, so I don't think it's right to over-generalize too much...

The best thing you could do is just try to involve more of your friends, let them know what's interesting about crypto for you.
I'm also not a big fan of women-only or men-only channels, people of all gender/sex/orientation are welcome in the mainstream crypto channels anyway.

It is simply not in the line of interest for women. I find that most of them are not interested about it. Some get curious at first but lose interest because it's too "technical" for them. Bitcoin itself is not sexist. It's totally accessible to women as much as it is for men so there's no issue on that. It's just that women choose not to use it for themselves voluntarily due to lack of interest.

Well that's basically what I'm saying, except that there are still some women that are interested or could be interested in crypto.
Interest isn't something that's gained 'instantly', usually there are a few external factors that contribute to developing interest for something.

I don't want to turn this into a whole 'nature vs nurture' debate, but it would be short sighted to say that social factors play no role whatsoever.

exalterego

Activity: 99
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 11:22:44 PM

So i'm kind of wondering why it seems like there aren't many girls who are a part of the crypto community. So me personally, (yes I am a female) I got pushed into crypto by accident and I never ever would have investigated it on my own if it didn't fall into my lap.

I'm very interested in bringing more women into the crypto community, 1. because I think its a worthy cause and 2. it can only help make crypto mainstream.

Most of my girlfriends say "It sounds really complicated" and "it's not really my thing."

What barriers do you see to women becoming involved in the crypto community? I want to hear your ideas, so I can start making a plan to break down those barriers.

I want to hear both from my ladies out there, and from men too! What would you like to see done to bring more women into crypto? A youtube channel? More women-only forums and chats? What else? Lets take the first step and have a conversation Wink

Thanks <3

Hi there )
Hello world )
I'm a woman )
I can see no barriers here except for the things that you (men?) expose on us by asking the questions in the heading.
I would bring some more women in the crytpo tech, as they are cabable of preserving the funds that you (men) are trying to waste Smiley
paulmaritz

Activity: 672
Merit: 274

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 11:32:10 PM

Dang Rawdog, and you probably just want to eat cookies and stuff. Grin
paulmaritz

Activity: 672
Merit: 274

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 11:45:51 PM

I am involved and have been involved in many crypto-related projects. A healthy number of women can be found in most of them. Just because they don't frequent crypto-related forums must not be taken as a sign that there are way less women involved in cryptos than men. And even if there are way less women involved, it shouldn't be taken as a negative, as there are definitely differences between men and women that explain a lot in terms of what's going on. E.g. http://bravetheworld.com/2016/08/09/50-real-differences-men-women/
fonenumba

Activity: 411
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 08:39:26 AM

we have our gentle ladies here too, you won't believe that, girls are getting interested too about cryptocurrency. Hope number of them will grow more, we need both men and women here to supporet cryptocurrency.

Yeah i think that is a good idea because womens could bring us a lot of nice ideas for crypto and for crypto industrial at all , we need new minds and idea to get crypto more better and perfectly.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: