Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:16:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The positive and negative effects of the new system  (Read 224 times)
Nellayar (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 185

Roobet supporter and player!

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 12:50:56 PM

A while ago, the new requirements to rank in the forum was imposed by our Administrator, Mr. Theymos.
There are some criticisms, opinions and complaints that fly away in Meta. More over, a lot of users have been discouraged by the new rules.
I made this thread because I want to know your opinion about the future of bitcointalk forum for newbies and old users.
There are two ways that will happen in the forum. Probably, positive and negative effects but I want to make a deep thinking about the future of the members to the forum regulation.
Let us first discuss what will be the result of the new rules in a negative way. Essentially, more bounty hunters around this forum will search for other forums to get a new community for bounties, newbies will loose their eagerness to join at crypto world and many users here will stop and discourage. Newbies will burden by the new system. New comers don't have a knowledge in the first place, they can't earn merits because they are beginners. Unless, they are educated enough to come up with the trend. A lot of dreams will go. In fact, some of us here are hoping to earn in order to fill up the needs. Reality, all of us here are in this forum not because we want to learn about cryptocurrency but we want all to earn tokens. Maybe, there are some but majority here came to BTT to get tokens. On the other side, what happens if the positive side maneuver the forum? Of course, there is a consensus in bitcointalk forum. No spam, fair for all and lots of informative discussion will be made. Aside from that, those who will remain in the forum knows a lot and threads here will be filtered more. I am also think that if we will accept the forum rules inside in our heart, we can learn a lot, we can be more than before and we will change the way we are right now.
Forum rules is created for the goodness of the members as well as the reputation of the forum itself. We are members in the BTT and as a member, we need to obey the regulation. Mr. Theymos will not do this if he can't see the bad effects of spamming in BTT. We are part of the community and we need to follow the rules in order for us not to excommunicate. What our purpose in this forum? Please bear it in your mind because if you have plans, you are always guided to achieve it.
we must always look forward to our goals even there is a difficulty that traps our way. Our journey in cryptocurrency are just beginning, there are lots of problem that we will face soon!
Be thankful because Mr. Theymos is concerned to the events in forum. We must appreciate whatever happens to us. Maybe, there is a reason behind this rules. And one of this is to make us more competent and knowledgeable in cryptocurrency.
So, what are your thoughts about the new requirements?

-Nellayar

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KeithBeeCham

Activity: 252
Merit: 22

Marketplace for sensor data

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 01:18:23 PM

You really wanna know other people thoughs?  Grin. My only though is there will be a lot of topics related to new system created with a lot of words and I don't even want to read them all like this one. LOL. IMO, the best part of new system is politeness Smiley)

Talk merit

Activity: 244
Merit: 17

Register for Fit to Talk through me

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2018, 01:19:01 PM

I only had a quick glance at the post, and it looked like a really bad idea from the bits that I saw. It seemed to be a great wall of text that didn't say very much - you aren't a politician in real life are you?

It seemed to be a spammer's charter. You are saying make your post as long as you can, and post it in as many places as you can to improve activity. This is exactly the behaviour that the merit system is designed to stop.

If I have misunderstood your plan, then perhaps you could provide the essence of your idea in a couple of lines.

The Talk Merit projects
 - Jet Cash has set up a number of projects for Bitcoin Talk members Click here to see the list.
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18507

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 01:46:02 PM
Merited by Mr.Ease (1)

If I have misunderstood your plan, then perhaps you could provide the essence of your idea in a couple of lines.

Allow me:

Reality, all of us here are in this forum not because we want to learn about cryptocurrency but we want all to earn tokens.

Translation to plain English:

Please abolish the merit system because it is hampering my shitpost bounty farming.
wwzsocki
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1706

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2018, 02:12:38 PM

I only had a quick glance at the post, and it looked like a really bad idea from the bits that I saw. It seemed to be a great wall of text that didn't say very much - you aren't a politician in real life are you?

It seemed to be a spammer's charter. You are saying make your post as long as you can, and post it in as many places as you can to improve activity. This is exactly the behaviour that the merit system is designed to stop.

I see your post OP in the exact same way as a quoted member. You try to gain attention posting in meta about merits because this is top discussed topic on the forum from few weeks. If you are talking about positives and negatives you should add few examples or even your thoughts and not only start a controversial topic and not say too much, only try to manipulate other members to share their criticism or approval without putting yourself at risk sharing your real thoughts. How you end your post is just too much for me. Have some dignity.

I want to hear your real opinion about merit system. Why do you think this is good or bad?

Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2018, 04:19:10 PM
Merited by Mr.Ease (1)

I think the merit system is brilliant. It has got rid of some of the crap postings, but not enough in my opinion. I'm still having to put people like the OP on ignore.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Mr.Ease

Activity: 1596
Merit: 534

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 04:28:26 PM

Allow me:

Reality, all of us here are in this forum not because we want to learn about cryptocurrency but we want all to earn tokens.

Translation to plain English:

Please abolish the merit system because it is hampering my shitpost bounty farming.

Hey, after trying to read the OP I was thoroughly confused. But after your translation, I understand perfectly!
You have a future my friend!

I think the merit system is brilliant. It has got rid of some of the crap postings, but not enough in my opinion. I'm still having to put people like the OP on ignore.

Yes, very brilliant. People need to start using merit more though. Spread it around so it actually has a purpose.

~ Too Many Scams, Schemes, and Shitcoins... ~
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2018, 04:51:01 PM

A while ago, the new requirements to rank in the forum was imposed by our Administrator, Mr. Theymos.
A while ago? New rank requirements was released only today! And theymos isn't Mr., you should call him Sir if you want to get Politeness.
TL;DR
It's just too long post camplaining about Merit system. And all things related to Merit system was already discussed many times, there are no need to start another thread.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: