Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:07:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: a tutorial section for bitcoin and altcoins  (Read 176 times)
bit..what? (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 03:12:20 PM

first of all, i really like this forum and think it is really great. but, i have a suggestion. as the title says, why not making a tutorial section for bitcoins and altcoins?

there people can post tutorials, to make it for newbies easier to join the crypto world. maybe how the software works, how to update it and so on or tutorials for altcoin platforms.

what people think about this? sorry for my bad english, it's not my first language.

✦ BCB ATM ✦
The Bitcoin ATM Network ₿ Bringing Digital Currencies to Local High Streets!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3070

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2018, 01:47:11 AM

first of all, i really like this forum and think it is really great. but, i have a suggestion. as the title says, why not making a tutorial section for bitcoins and altcoins?

there people can post tutorials, to make it for newbies easier to join the crypto world. maybe how the software works, how to update it and so on or tutorials for altcoin platforms.

what people think about this? sorry for my bad english, it's not my first language.

You want to click the MOVE link (lower left) and relocate this thread to Meta. Smiley

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
bit..what? (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 02:42:45 PM

You want to click the MOVE link (lower left) and relocate this thread to Meta. Smiley

done Smiley

✦ BCB ATM ✦
Emilyearl

Activity: 700
Merit: 105

APESWAP

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 08:19:16 PM

It would be a good development if the MODs can look into it and create a sub forum for it. It will be a newbies goto first upon joining the forum. And maybe newbies can even be restricted to that section until after a while of being conversant with the forum.
reflector

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 08:24:43 PM

You do not know the Beginners and help section bro? there you may find the pinned thread and question has been created for the newbies to understand with the multiple times. It may consider as a spamming but useful for the newbies who want to learn about cryptos bro.

However, this good suggestion. Lets Theymos watch this thread. If this worthy option to implemented. He will surely take this a serious one. Good luck.
Coffee_Lover

Activity: 196
Merit: 3

Soycoin is the future "stablecoin"

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 09:35:34 PM

done Smiley

❍ soy coin ❍
❱❱UNIQUE BLOCKCHAIN CROWDSALE❰❰
FOR INDUSTRIAL PRODUCTION (http://www.soy-coin.com/eng)
Coffee_Lover

Activity: 196
Merit: 3

Soycoin is the future "stablecoin"

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 09:39:23 PM

I agree with you. That will be really greatful and hopeful especially for newbies like. Newbie in the field of btc and all. There are still mamy things i need to leaen about this and that. If ever there is a thread aboutvthis already, please let me know.. I am really interested.

❍ soy coin ❍
❱❱UNIQUE BLOCKCHAIN CROWDSALE❰❰
FOR INDUSTRIAL PRODUCTION (http://www.soy-coin.com/eng)
ManaMan

Activity: 238
Merit: 38

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 10:05:30 PM

You ca already find tons of information regarding bitcoin specially, what I see is maybe best will be to create thread and update it accordingly with latest information regarding techy side of things. To make things fun we can try to have not only bitcoin related stuff but crypto in general. But as of my point of view making another section only for this is not something we will need, it could be helpful of course I can't deny that.
bit..what? (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 03:04:11 PM

thanks guys for your reply. yes, with the search function i find a lot of helpful threads, but i think, all in one place is better for newbies like me.

maybe a few other people have their thoughts on writing. i would be very happy.  Smiley

✦ BCB ATM ✦
selezneve

Activity: 132

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 05:25:48 PM

This is a good suggestion in my opinion and will also help this forum to get rid of same repetitive questions again and again. However, I do not think that the staff here has the time to make such thread. All members can join together and compile different parts of the tutorial. For instance, one member can list the precautions to take while choosing an exchange for buying bitcoins, one can write about keeping your bitcoins safe and so on. If such a thread is made, I would like to be a part of it.
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 06:09:11 AM

I guess it could be possible, but then most people are probably not going to read those tutorials and they are going to proceed to open a new thread anyways. Though it is one of the more reasonable requests I've seen.

There's already a lot of tutorials in beginners and help, so I guess it would just belong there for any future tutorials as well. Not really that much point to have to create an entirely new subforum just for this.

Also, not sure if you know about stickies but there are stickies on each subforum to educate newbies about what they should know about before they post/ask questions. These pretty much serve the same purpose as your proposal as well.
aksen

Activity: 49
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 07:47:37 AM

There are already a lot of good tutorials shared here by different members. Only one thing is required and that is to arrange all those threads properly. For instance, all information regarding using a bitcoin exchange should be at one place. I am sure that there are enough tutorials for this already like, how to find a good exchange, how to register at an exchange, how to perform transactions at an exchange and so on. Similarly, it can be done for alt coins as well.
cabalism13
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1165

🤩Finally Married🤩

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 08:14:40 AM

I already have one of these but still its under development for better infos. There I also included some facts about what the newbies must know... You can watch my post for  updates...
As of now its still on our local section. After I finished it I'm planning to move it here on Meta.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3199418.msg33194095#msg33194095
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 08:16:58 AM

Most of the tutorials will have redundant stuff copied from other blogs with the titles like
 "Tutorial - How to sign wallet from blockchain.info"
"Tutorial - How to get your BCH from Coinomi"
"Tutorial - How to send bitcoins from Coinbase"

Not exactly but something along those lines.From the quality of users we have on the forum there would hardly any tutorial showing how to do complicated stuff like "Running a Full-Node on your CentOs/Kali Linux"

There are n number of courses offered on udemy and other blogs.Newbies can certainly use them as a reference.
knightmairesaint

Activity: 490
Merit: 262

privacy preserving smart contracts and beyond

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 01:34:03 PM

I strongly believe that making tutorial section in this forum is not necessary at all because that would possibly be a section where you may find lots of spam posts.

Another, why are you entering the field of bitcoin/alt  if you don't have some knowledge about it? Well, probably your excuse for that is you are still not mature enough in crypto world or maybe the thing you want to know about is too hard that's why you need a tutorial. If that so, then I understand but do you think conducting your own reasearch is much better, right? I'm pretty sure that you could also find datas about your queries outside the forum.

Making a tutorial section is not my point, my point is we should not let ourselves get into spoonfeeding (an instant ask - instant answer system) because that promotes laziness. If you really want to know something then try to find answers for it before asking others because it's more fulfilling if you discovered the answer by your own with the presence of your dedication and hardwork.

d█████                      d███████  ,o██████
                   d█████[                    ,█████████ d████████
                   d█████[                   ,██████P'' d█████
                   d█████[                   ██████'   d█████
                   d█████[                  ,██████    d█████
  _▄▄▄████████████bd█████Y██████L     ,█████████████████████[,d▄██▄
 ▄████████████████bd█████ Y██████b   d██████████████████████fY██████
██████P"P██████"""'d█████  ` ██████.d█████ PY█████PPPPP█████[ `▀██▀
█████    `█████[   d█████   ` ███████████ ' ]█████    d█████
█████    ,█████[   d█████     Y█████████P   ]█████    d█████
██████ooo█████P    d█████      Y███████P    ]█████    d█████
 Y███████████P     d█████       d█████P     ]█████    d█████
  `"P█████P'       d█████       d█████P     ]█████    d█████
  _oo█████oo_      d█████       d█████P     ]█████    d█████
 d███████████
██████P"Y█████
█████     █████
''''     ,█████
ooooooooo█████
█████████████
█████████▀▀

▬▬▬   is a decentralized internet
   platform delivering anonymous
   asset
transfers and data 
   privacy for smart contracts.

in
OUR SOLUTION : : :

This enables developers to include sensitive data in their
smart-contracts, directly on-chain.

██████████ █▄ 
██████████ ███▄
██████████▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████

█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN GLYFF

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
[
bit..what? (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 03:41:58 PM

many good opinions here, but i still think a tutorial section is good. in my first days here, i have many stickies, e.g. overlook and it is not easy to find the right post to find a answer for my question.

so please continue to write your opinions on this, thanks.

✦ BCB ATM ✦
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: