Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 06:09:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [OPEN] 200 gh/s "Sunzi Miner"(Rack Mountable)- 6.6 BTC  (Read 6100 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 06:03:21 AM

man, Id love to grab another sunzi but given the latest diff increase and a week of previous diff, made all the difference in the world between a fair pricepoint original 6.9btc and the now ripoff price of 6.6btc....
Id offer 4btc for a sunzi...

Come on now General, I know you didn't make 2.9 BTC in the last week. Now drop and give me 50.

In all seriousness, this is still a great deal. I wish I bought a pre-order Jupiter a few months ago and I wish I bought a few thousand bitcoins when they were worth a few pennies. You can't invest in the past, but you can still invest in the future.

yeah I probably didnt, that was counting my other ASICs but.... this was simply an offer =) meeting in the middle is fair.
Heres a diff projection which I used based on being able to guestimat a shelf... and I can tell you 6.9btc last week including before the holiday was very fair. 6.6btc 10days later after a 25% diff increase ... is not remotely close to fair. Thats a 5% decrease in price on something that became 25% less valueable =P

Heres a hopefull projection on it:
http://btcinvest.net/en/bitcoin-mining-profit-calculator.php?diff=908350862.43702&dcosts=6600&diff_mincrease=30&blpbtc=25&dhsmhs=200000&diff_mincreasedecrease=5&btcusd=1000&dpowcon=0&btcusd_mincrease=1&pcost=0.11&calcweeks=32&dleadtime=0&action=calc#

6.9btc last week didnt look nearly as bad ...(first miner purchase) ... w/ same settings.

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CrazyGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 06:14:21 AM
Last edit: December 12, 2013, 06:25:02 AM by CrazyGuy

That's prob a bit more accurate than mining.genesisblock, which assumes never ending exponential growth. I'm still not sure we'll be adding a billion difficulty per month per jump by May but I'd say that's a worst case. In that event, 6 months break even is nothing to scoff at.

Here's a link for some of you folks looking for more traditional investments. Wink "Zions Direct" is offering a 1% 6 month CD with $10k minimum deposit.

http://www.bankrate.com/funnel/cd-investments/cd-investment-results.aspx?ic_id=CDI_compare_rates_module:cd.aspx:14&local=false&prods=14

ASICPuppy.net ASIC Mining Hardware and Accessories - Compac F in stock!
GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 06:30:04 AM

That's prob a bit more accurate than mining.genesisblock, which assumes never ending exponential growth. I'm still not sure we'll be adding a billion difficulty per month per jump by May but I'd say that's a worst case. In that event, 6 months break even is nothing to scoff at.

Here's a link for some of you folks looking for more traditional investments. Wink "Zions Direct" is offering a 1% 6 month CD with $10k minimum deposit.

http://www.bankrate.com/funnel/cd-investments/cd-investment-results.aspx?ic_id=CDI_compare_rates_module:cd.aspx:14&local=false&prods=14

hehe nice one ... but traditional investment margins dont exactly apply to bitcoin mining ...
Diff will definitely be near what you stated, if not way before then, given that cointerra has a working prototype now and hashfast is right around the corner.. diff will skyrocket soon enough.
Im willin to bet u and/or who ur selling these for are getting all the profit you can now and reinvisting to up and coming hardware. Im just sayin it would be nice to see a more fair price tag on these.
I might be willin to do like 5btc... =P
But, Im sure there will be others sucking them up at the prices you are wanting.

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
elaramus

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 10:53:00 AM

4.25 is more reasonable as that is what the Antminer S1 is selling for at this time.https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=364342.0 The antminer has the same hash rate as 6 chilis, takes up less space and uses less power, and are currently shipping.

I'd be in for one Sunzi @ 4.25-4.5. The antminer doesn't come with a power supply.
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 01:45:17 PM

4.25 is more reasonable as that is what the Antminer S1 is selling for at this time.https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=364342.0 The antminer has the same hash rate as 6 chilis, takes up less space and uses less power, and are currently shipping.

I'd be in for one Sunzi @ 4.25-4.5. The antminer doesn't come with a power supply.

the antminer is an awesome system, i own two. and if 4.25BTC is 'fair' for that (I think 3.75BTC would be ideal), then a sunzi cannot be worth more than 4.00BTC considering it draws about 2x the wattage, even if it comes with a PSU

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
CrazyGuy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 01:52:25 PM

the antminer is an awesome system, i own two. and if 4.25BTC is 'fair' for that (I think 3.75BTC would be ideal), then a sunzi cannot be worth more than 4.00BTC considering it draws about 2x the wattage, even if it comes with a PSU

Price is firm. Sunzi comes with 1300 watt power supply and custom built rack mountable frame.

miaviator
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 03:06:25 PM

You are calculating for a decreasing diff?  With 4-6 Asic companies trying to ship out massive amounts of hashing power in the next 1-24months? 

GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 03:54:39 PM

Yeah, because 30% increase infinitely can only be sustained so long, at some point there will be a "shelf" for a while. And while it may seem like a "massive" amount of hashrate... each 30% increase the required hashrate increase is a substantially larger amount of hashrate required to meet 30%
In other words, in time 1TH/2TH machines wont even put a dent in diff...

This is another way to look at it ..
http://btcinvest.net/en/bitcoin-mining-profit-calculator.php?diff=908350862.43702&dcosts=6600&diff_mincrease=50&blpbtc=25&dhsmhs=200000&diff_mincreasedecrease=15&btcusd=1000&dpowcon=0&btcusd_mincrease=1&pcost=0.11&calcweeks=32&dleadtime=0&action=calc#

miaviator
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 04:05:30 PM

Yeah, because 30% increase infinitely can only be sustained so long, at some point there will be a "shelf" for a while. And while it may seem like a "massive" amount of hashrate... each 30% increase the required hashrate increase is a substantially larger amount of hashrate required to meet 30%
In other words, in time 1TH/2TH machines wont even put a dent in diff...

This is another way to look at it ..
http://btcinvest.net/en/bitcoin-mining-profit-calculator.php?diff=908350862.43702&dcosts=6600&diff_mincrease=50&blpbtc=25&dhsmhs=200000&diff_mincreasedecrease=15&btcusd=1000&dpowcon=0&btcusd_mincrease=1&pcost=0.11&calcweeks=32&dleadtime=0&action=calc#
That's a very interesting way to look at it.   Also since we know there are fabrication limits and power to ghash limits the ability to create infinitely faster and more efficient miners has real limits which could cause diff decreases as old equipment is removed. 

As CrazyGuy pointed out the usd/btc ratio is completely irrelevant to purchasing gear with BTC:

http://btcinvest.net/en/bitcoin-mining-profit-calculator.php?diff=908350862.43702&dcosts=6.6&diff_mincrease=50&blpbtc=25&dhsmhs=200000&diff_mincreasedecrease=15&btcusd=1&dpowcon=0&btcusd_mincrease=0&pcost=0&calcweeks=32&dleadtime=0&action=calc#

Sunzis and Chilis are back in stock. Free shipping to continental US.
Same price?
How many available?

Lowered to 1.10 BTC per chili, 6.6 BTC per Sunzi

I'll post when we're running low.

GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 05:37:55 PM

As CrazyGuy pointed out the usd/btc ratio is completely irrelevant to purchasing gear with BTC:

I dont really pay attention to the USD / btc price ratio... I just make sure the price per btc & the USD I enter ... equals the amount of BTC Im paying, so I pick easy numbers like $1000/btc  ... that way makes entering 6.6btc easy, cuz then its just $6600 =)    ...
The only time I would pay attention to the btc price is if Im buying something in fiat.
ha, I guess the same thing is achieved when u put price @ 1$ =P .. didnt even think of that before... .. its all the same to me anyways =)

ha, I didnt previously realize the btc price / jump increase of 1% was affecting ROI window.... bleh, now I do...shit now it looks even uglier when u put "no change" =P

GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 06:06:36 PM

Expecting hashrate to quickly triple or even more in coming months, but have a reasonable shelf after that... , I think this is pretty close:
http://btcinvest.net/en/bitcoin-mining-profit-calculator.php?diff=908350862.43702&dcosts=6.6&diff_mincrease=40&blpbtc=25&dhsmhs=200000&diff_mincreasedecrease=15&btcusd=1&dpowcon=0&btcusd_mincrease=0&pcost=0.25&calcweeks=48&dleadtime=0&action=calc

chadwickx16

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 06:18:56 PM

Love this! I completely agree with this model. Thanks!  Smiley

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████████
░░░░███████████████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███████████████
░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████████████
░░████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░███████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░░██████████
░░░████████████░
░░░░█████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░▀███████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████████████████
░░░░░▄▄██████████████████████████████████
░░░░█████████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████
░░███████████
░██████████▌
▐█████████▌
▐█████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
▐██████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
░███████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░▐████████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░▐███████████████▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄████████████████
░░░░███████████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███

███
███
!
#
HOMEPAGE
ANNOUNCEMENT
JOIN US ON SLACK
GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 06:37:03 PM

Do note, this doesnt account for unnannounced products coming later next year and hashrate the year after that... expect more so adjust the curve accordingly ... and in a couple years another block reward halving is coming. So... many unknowns past current announced hashrate projection. So, I suspect the next 6 months are reflected well in this calc, but beyond that its a crapshoot.

dlasher

Activity: 467
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 10:25:48 PM

Do note, this doesnt account for unnannounced products coming later next year and hashrate the year after that... expect more so adjust the curve accordingly ... and in a couple years another block reward halving is coming. So... many unknowns past current announced hashrate projection. So, I suspect the next 6 months are reflected well in this calc, but beyond that its a crapshoot.

Or the 5PH Hong-Kong mining project..... or the 10k chips a month Cointerra has committed.. or or or..
CrazyGuy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 02:35:51 AM
Last edit: December 13, 2013, 02:50:21 AM by CrazyGuy

I like that calculator, thanks for sharing General.

If you are interested in waiting until December 30th, you can get BFL's version with the same chips(possibly on long boards) for $11.875k(13.45 BTC)

https://products.butterflylabs.com/homepage/250-gh-s-rack-mount-bitcoin-miner.html

For those of you ready to start mining now, we have a few Sunzis left.

200-220gh/s(220 if you live somewhere really cold like the general) rack mountable miner for 6.6 BTC

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: