Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 07:19:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I need a partner to help develop a website  (Read 1230 times)
drpepperyummy (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 08:18:08 PM

It will be a gambling website.

I do not have the coding capabiliy, however, if i can locate someone to help me, we can split profits of the site.

Will get into deeper details once we discuss via pm
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ablewasiereisawelba

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 09:07:47 PM

I would love to partner up with you to do this, I just have one question: if I am developing the website and splitting the profit with you, what value do you bring to the partnership?

BitAlarm.com - Bitcoin Alarm - Wake up to big changes in the market, or listen to beeps as a price is passed in the background.
Ford

Activity: 120

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2013, 10:53:00 PM

I would love to partner up with you to do this, I just have one question: if I am developing the website and splitting the profit with you, what value do you bring to the partnership?

the idea  Roll Eyes

ive been a web designer/developer for years and if i had a bitcoin for everyone that came to me with an idea that involved me setting up the site, running the site and marketing the site, i would have lots of bitcoins..........
basically what i then say to them is "and why do I need you".....

Hope the OP finds what they are looking for though!

danystatic

Activity: 235

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 11:46:23 PM

Could you be a little more specific on the " IDEA "

Because doing the application ( and you doing the Design )
can be from couple days of work to weeks or more in the coding....

it's nothing encouraging to jump on to a project if we dont know how much time will it take to code.

users have to be registered?
are there many Bitcoin pools? or is it like a lottery? (1 number few winners) or a every 5 minute Roulette and many Roulette tables
does it involve generating our own Unique Random Numbers or is it based on Sports?

Could you share a clear Idea?  P.M. if needed
drpepperyummy (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 12:21:30 AM

He actually shared the idea to me, thinking I would invest money for it. Obviously he wants everyone else to do the work and get the profit. It is basically every other gambling site, just that it changes the name. The idea would fail since no one knows the person with the idea or any of the developers here. Hence why he wanted me to invest, probably to get a name attached to the project.

Ummm, no

I did NOT ask you to invest money for it.  That was not my goal in messaging you.  I was looking for help in figuring out how to code some stuff on a website, as well as advice.

EDIT:  ALSO, to get a name attached to it?  I DONT EVEN KNOW WHO YOU ARE, YOU POSTED IN THE NEWBIE SECTION ASKING PEOPLE TO BOUNCE IDEAS OFF OF YOU, THATS WHAT I DID!
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 12:33:10 AM

He actually shared the idea to me, thinking I would invest money for it. Obviously he wants everyone else to do the work and get the profit. It is basically every other gambling site, just that it changes the name. The idea would fail since no one knows the person with the idea or any of the developers here. Hence why he wanted me to invest, probably to get a name attached to the project.

Ummm, no

I did NOT ask you to invest money for it.  That was not my goal in messaging you.  I was looking for help in figuring out how to code some stuff on a website, as well as advice.

EDIT:  ALSO, to get a name attached to it?  I DONT EVEN KNOW WHO YOU ARE, YOU POSTED IN THE NEWBIE SECTION ASKING PEOPLE TO BOUNCE IDEAS OFF OF YOU, THATS WHAT I DID!

It actually needs little funding

Yes you wanted money. And yes a name attached, you see I am a Hero Member so you were like if I get this dude, I instantly have trust.
drpepperyummy (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 12:37:57 AM

I responded because you posted this:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=321842.msg3447619#msg3447619

My PM to you was:

Since from a quick look, 50% or more of BTC at the moment is based on gambling, here is what I was trying to set up on my own.  It actually needs little funding, but I am illiterate when it comes to doing some of this stuff, so a point in the right direction would be nice.

Bitcoin Lottery

Oh wait, they have those already.....

BUT

Mine is not based on the provably fair method as we know it.  Mine is based off of actual lottery drawings.  (Powerball, etc)

The site would be set up with a way to buy a ticket, selecting your own numbers.  After filling out that ticket, the end user has a btc wallet address generated that is unique to that ticket.  (Part of the ticket would be the user entering the address they want winnings sent to also.)  I do not know enough about how to make that part happen. 

The odds would be set up the same as a major lotto (again, POWERBALL and a daily pick 3 type lotto), and paid out once the actual real life lotto draws.

Basically, buying lotto tickets at home.  Has the potential for there to be large jackpots on the Powerball theme, and on the daily pick 3, potential to win a little btc on a small ticket.

Ideas?

I DIDNT ASK YOU FOR FUNDING.  I HAVE THE FUNDS.  I WAS ASKING ABOUT HELP SETTING UP THE CODING.  AGAIN, HERO MEMBER OR NOT...I DONT GIVE A DAMN ABOUT YOUR NAME.  OOHHHHHH, YOU BEEN AROUND HERE AWHIULE. CONGRATS ON THAT SIR
drpepperyummy (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 12:40:04 AM

I responded because you posted this:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=321842.msg3447619#msg3447619

My PM to you was:

Since from a quick look, 50% or more of BTC at the moment is based on gambling, here is what I was trying to set up on my own.  It actually needs little funding, but I am illiterate when it comes to doing some of this stuff, so a point in the right direction would be nice.

Bitcoin Lottery

Oh wait, they have those already.....

BUT

Mine is not based on the provably fair method as we know it.  Mine is based off of actual lottery drawings.  (Powerball, etc)

The site would be set up with a way to buy a ticket, selecting your own numbers.  After filling out that ticket, the end user has a btc wallet address generated that is unique to that ticket.  (Part of the ticket would be the user entering the address they want winnings sent to also.)  I do not know enough about how to make that part happen.  

The odds would be set up the same as a major lotto (again, POWERBALL and a daily pick 3 type lotto), and paid out once the actual real life lotto draws.

Basically, buying lotto tickets at home.  Has the potential for there to be large jackpots on the Powerball theme, and on the daily pick 3, potential to win a little btc on a small ticket.

Ideas?

I DIDNT ASK YOU FOR FUNDING.  I HAVE THE FUNDS.  I WAS ASKING ABOUT HELP SETTING UP THE CODING.  AGAIN, HERO MEMBER OR NOT...I DONT GIVE A DAMN ABOUT YOUR NAME.  OOHHHHHH, YOU BEEN AROUND HERE AWHIULE. CONGRATS ON THAT SIR

By the way, learn english.  

It actually needs little funding (Thats a statement of fact, meaning, it doesnt need a lot of funding.)

IF SOMEONE SAYS:

IT ACTUALLY NEEDS A LITTLE FUNDING (Thats different.  What a difference an A makes.
drpepperyummy (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 01:20:01 AM

Are you fucking retarded?

Little funding means not a lot of funding.

Illiterate at making a website do the automated stuff.

Two seperate things. Also, the ONLY person I private messaged was you, and only because of your post.

How the FUCK is anything I said a scam you moron?

Proof in point that being a hero member means jack shit.

On to my original point. If someone can help teach me how to do the automated stuff ( a ticket system that gives each visitor a unique pay address, and also a way to have information from a third party site auto upload to a site) or can point me in the correct direction, please let me know.

Thanks.
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 01:23:43 AM

No but name calling? Really, that is the first sign that is a scam. I call you out and you jump to name calling and stuff. I am not going to act like a kindergarten that just learned a curse word yesterday, I like to keep it kinda upscale and I will leave you to your own devices. Enjoy the scam.
drpepperyummy (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 01:27:39 AM

That's how I speak when someone turns a question into some off the wall crap.

Move along, Mr hero member. Your fasle sense of importantness has worn off.

Tha k you for your contributions.
Teka

Activity: 840

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 01:30:14 AM

No but name calling? Really, that is the first sign that is a scam. I call you out and you jump to name calling and stuff. I am not going to act like a kindergarten that just learned a curse word yesterday, I like to keep it kinda upscale and I will leave you to your own devices. Enjoy the scam.

He might not be scaming but with that kind of attitude and behaviour he is not the kind of person you want as a partner.
drpepperyummy (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 01:34:09 AM

He might not be scaming but with that kind of attitude and behiviour he is not the kind of person you want as a partner.

Maybe so. When someone tries to say I'm asking them for money, when I didn't, we have a problem.

I'm done on the gweedo subject.

If someone can help or point me in a direction to find the information myself (Google search was not helpful) I'd be appreciative.
Ford

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2013, 02:45:58 AM

On to my original point. If someone can help teach me how to do the automated stuff ( a ticket system that gives each visitor a unique pay address, and also a way to have information from a third party site auto upload to a site) or can point me in the correct direction, please let me know.

Thanks.

I kind of understand what you mean, although im sure there is also much more missed out. However i understand that this is not a "brief" of the job.
It maybe an idea for you to get a detailed brief written up which explains exactly what you want (as that will help any developer) and include as much in the way of technical details as you are able to. This will also show a developer that you are serious and prepared to put your time into this too. A "working brief" can sometimes be acceptable too, that can be developed along with the coding and consistantly added to and improved.
(no offence meant but "a ticket system that gives each visitor a unique pay address, and also a way to have information from a third party site auto upload to a site", is kind of like asking "how long is a piece of string").

If you want to learn how to do this yourself (without need of a developer), pick you chosen coding language and start to read a few website or buy a few books. it is simpler than it all looks!
PHP / MySQL is a good starting point, as it is relatively simple yet can be used to build most websites + there is lots of sites out there that have tutorials. If you are serious within a year (or less is you are smarter than average) you should be a dab hand at coding.
If you are young enough, you will not regret learning this, even if you only use it for your own ideas (as i do, but i dont have age on my side :-) )

when you say you need "little funding", dont forget good coders are not cheap ($25 - $50 per hour in the US and most of the EU).....and i would expect a small but good gambling site to take at least 100+ hours to develop....  so dont expect them to do all the work.

drpepperyummy (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 03:13:22 AM

Thanks.

I kind of understand what you mean, although im sure there is also much more missed out. However i understand that this is not a "brief" of the job.
It maybe an idea for you to get a detailed brief written up which explains exactly what you want (as that will help any developer) and include as much in the way of technical details as you are able to. This will also show a developer that you are serious and prepared to put your time into this too. A "working brief" can sometimes be acceptable too, that can be developed along with the coding and consistantly added to and improved.
(no offence meant but "a ticket system that gives each visitor a unique pay address, and also a way to have information from a third party site auto upload to a site", is kind of like asking "how long is a piece of string").

If you want to learn how to do this yourself (without need of a developer), pick you chosen coding language and start to read a few website or buy a few books. it is simpler than it all looks!
PHP / MySQL is a good starting point, as it is relatively simple yet can be used to build most websites + there is lots of sites out there that have tutorials. If you are serious within a year (or less is you are smarter than average) you should be a dab hand at coding.
If you are young enough, you will not regret learning this, even if you only use it for your own ideas (as i do, but i dont have age on my side :-) )

when you say you need "little funding", dont forget good coders are not cheap ($25 - $50 per hour in the US and most of the EU).....and i would expect a small but good gambling site to take at least 100+ hours to develop....  so dont expect them to do all the work.

Thank you for this info. I would prefer to learn myself, but I also know that I will make mistakes, ans want to make sure that I don't royally screw up.

Also, bitcoin is new to me, so although I understand it, I don't fully feel comfortable with the different Api stuff, etc.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 03:19:04 AM

No component developer is going to work with you on a profit split basis, and you do not want an incompetent developer to develop your site. If you have a budget of less than $1000 for anything but the most trivial sites, find something else to be doing.
drpepperyummy (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 03:22:16 AM

No component developer is going to work with you on a profit split basis, and you do not want an incompetent developer to develop your site. If you have a budget of less than $1000 for anything but the most trivial sites, find something else to be doing.

I agree with that. I want to learn to donor myself, and have an end goal to help me learn the parts I want to learn. Basically, I want someone to help me to figure it out, and if anything comes from it, that's a bonus.

Ford

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2013, 04:10:27 AM

and want to make sure that I don't royally screw up.

Also, bitcoin is new to me, so although I understand it, I don't fully feel comfortable with the different Api stuff, etc.

we learn best from screw ups! it is all part of the fun.....
+ the "API stuff" sounds like the simple part to me, it is the rest and the security you should be worried about  Grin
On a positive note, if you build something really nice, you will probably get offers of help anyhow, just be careful who you take help from!

worst case is: this project does not work and you screw it up, but you will have learnt lots for your second project.....
if you like the idea of building websites for a living (for your own idea, which is what i do and really enjoy the freedom) there are some good books on Amazon/fleeBay for php and html.

Ford

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2013, 04:16:01 AM

I agree with that. I want to learn to donor myself, and have an end goal to help me learn the parts I want to learn. Basically, I want someone to help me to figure it out, and if anything comes from it, that's a bonus.

other than college or school, you will struggle to find someone to help you for nothing.
that's why we are all lonely geeks that sit alone programming in our underwear.....
(but dont forget the moto "Question = what do you call a geek in 10 years time? Answer = Boss")

adib

Activity: 368
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 02:39:51 PM

Don't trust this guy, he's a SCAMMER.
I made the mistake of sending him BTC without checking his trust first...newbie mistake.
He never answered my mails again.

BASTARD!

TIPS - 19JLxDkCfn5x667xCeSgmYNop4WLR3ci27
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: