Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 08:39:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Intersango insolvent?  (Read 12331 times)
alomak

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 08:23:36 PM

@Tumble23: I also had a few BTC in an account there.

At the time I left the BTC there, they were not worth much. Now things are different.
I would have expected they send me an email before they close down the company.

I'm not in england anymore and would very much like a resolution.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sangopain

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 08:33:21 PM

The now offline Intersango have 64 BTC of mine and over 11,150.00 Euro.

I am giving Amir, Donald or Patrick a few more days to do the right thing but if anyone has any good links to share about Intersango please post them here. I am considering several options.

News about Intersango is being somewhat drowned-out by MtGox (where I also suffered losses) but I have brought Intersango to the attention of Richard Howlett at Selachii: http://www.selachii.co.uk/solicitors-blog/mt-gox-group-action-claim-losses-update/.

imanikin

Activity: 702
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:22:30 PM

Has anyone in the UK contacted any ambulance-chaser lawyers about this to see if they are interested in assembling a class action?

Are there any solicitors in the UK yet that deal with cryptocurrencies?

minorman
Legendary

Activity: 945
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 06:06:56 PM

As I have previously stated in this thread, I unfortunately also have substantial bitcoin stranded in intersango...
Previous correspondence has led no-where.
I am based in Denmark, but I would like to like to join any common legal action if it comes to that.

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
bitcoinsolicitor

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

Bitcoin Lawyer in Kensington, London

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 07:33:46 AM

There is a 'Proposal to Strike off' the company at Companies House.

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk//wcframe?name=accessCompanyInfo

If you are owed funds or have a claim against the company you should consider to object the dissolution.

http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk/about/gbhtml/gp4.shtml#ch1
Tumble23

Activity: 13

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 11:00:16 AM

A timely comment by bitcoinsolicitor, many thanks for the advice!  :-)

A couple of questions:

Firstly, to bitcoinsolicitor - is this a case you would consider taking if there is sufficient interest from the people involved?  If so, please could you furnish us with relevant details so that we can consider this as an option.  Your rates, chances of success and anything else you consider pertinent would be much appreciated.

Secondly, to everyone else - would we like to some representation from a solicitor who understands digital currency?  For myself, I would certainly be happy to throw a few more BTC at this...

Your thoughts, please.

Thanks.
bitcoinsolicitor

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

Bitcoin Lawyer in Kensington, London

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 12:45:42 PM

A timely comment by bitcoinsolicitor, many thanks for the advice!  :-)

A couple of questions:

Firstly, to bitcoinsolicitor - is this a case you would consider taking if there is sufficient interest from the people involved?  If so, please could you furnish us with relevant details so that we can consider this as an option.  Your rates, chances of success and anything else you consider pertinent would be much appreciated.

Secondly, to everyone else - would we like to some representation from a solicitor who understands digital currency?  For myself, I would certainly be happy to throw a few more BTC at this...

Your thoughts, please.

Thanks.

Hi,

We would look at each persons case on an individual basis and provide an estimate of costs. We can act for one person or more.

There can be no guarantees in litigation. At this stage we do not know the background to your case / how much you lost what contract was agreed - what happened when etc... is there fraud involved....?

The company is limited and registered in England. There is a proposal to strike off the company. If you do want to act you should probably do so quite quickly.

In the first instance please email info(at)selachii.co.uk or call + 44 (0) 20 7792 5649.
cooltom

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 03:25:37 PM

I had roughly €1100 in intersango between euro and btc. I'm thinking everyone is in the same boat in that no one really knows what to do but surely the people responsible can't get away with this.
What are my options?
Has anyone had any success getting funds back or even making contact with intersango?
I would love to hear from other people trying to get their money back because I really don't know what to do.
TheFootMan

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 04:50:59 PM

I had roughly €1100 in intersango between euro and btc. I'm thinking everyone is in the same boat in that no one really knows what to do but surely the people responsible can't get away with this.
What are my options?
Has anyone had any success getting funds back or even making contact with intersango?
I would love to hear from other people trying to get their money back because I really don't know what to do.

What I would do personally:

If the amount is not worth bothering with:

- forget it all and chalk it up to a good lesson - the writing was on the wall already from the onset, think extreme bragging about their own abilities and their actions (Bitcoinica scandal, inability to operate Intersango properly, setting themselves wideopen for fraud, false cocaine merchant transferring money to intersango bank account, shitty attitude towards customers etc). Only people who're not really good at something usually has the need for extreme bragging. And a vigilant customer could see what it was all about..

If the amount is worth bothering with:

1. find out exactly who's responsible and pay them a visit and force a payback. That could be illegal and lead to consequences for yourself down the line. Make a risk-reward analysis and see if its worth it.
2. Contact the authorities with all details in the case. Probably nothing at all will happen.
3. Send a bill to their business address. If unpaid, send it to a debt collectors agency. They're usually pretty agressive.

But unless you're owed a substantional amount, the effort used to attempt to collect it might be better used to make money in other ways, then pay better attention to signals in the future that gives indications that an operation is not honest.
LoWang

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 01:53:20 PM

Allright so what do we know? Who is the owner of the domain for example?
grifferz

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 02:25:21 PM

What we know is that if creditors do not register objections with the London Gazette and Companies House then this company will be dissolved any day now, losing any real chance of ever legally getting anything out of them.
Tumble23

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 10:57:49 AM

OK, I am happy to put 2BTC towards funding a case against them.  Is anyone else prepared to put their money where their mouth is?

@bitcoinsolicitor, is this something you would be willing to take on and if so, what kind of amount do you need to get going?
gaz8080

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 09:44:19 PM

The Intersango homepage has changed recently, seems to have some sort of withdrawal form.
TheFootMan

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 02:33:30 PM

Allright so what do we know? Who is the owner of the domain for example?

If you lookup whois, you will see it, but it's whois protected. I would think the people behind the original Bitcoin Consultancy would be able to provide more help:

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Bitcoin_Consultancy

However, they would only be able to provide more help, if they WANT to do so. Good luck with that.
LoWang

Activity: 147

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 03:08:56 PM

wow, so it seems maybe all is not lost yet :-] Anybody used that form at intersango.com already? I will do so now...

So I submitted it and it sent me an email with confirmation link, BUT

Code:
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
minorman
Legendary

Activity: 945
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 01:00:44 PM

Has anyone filled in the form and gotten anything back??

I'm a bit (pun intended) reluctant to "fill in my password, etc." just like that....

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
gaz8080

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 09:57:53 AM

I filled out the form and got a 'positive' response. I got an email with a verification link, which I clicked and it went through to the Intersango website. However no bitcoins have turned up yet...

https://twitter.com/AmirTaaki

See tweet from 17th May too
smith1023

Activity: 32

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 07:07:04 PM

Two weeks have passed since I filled that form. Nothing has happened.
I feel shame it crossed my mind that I could get my money back.
gaz8080

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:48:02 PM

I filled the form out 19/5/2014. Nothing so far.
Tumble23

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 09:04:06 AM

I also filled the form out.  No joy.  Why do you think this was done?  A delaying tactic?  Or do you think that there is a desire to refund, but they are waiting for a good (cheap) time to do so?

Is it worth thinking about a twitter campaign?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: