Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:52:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 239 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ravencoin [RVN] PoW GPU Mining | Asset Transfer Blockchain (Updated ANN)  (Read 1170195 times)
cryptotamer01

Activity: 653
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 12:44:56 PM

Im calculating again on whattomine... with 6gpu im earning 2.99$ on  ravencoin and 4.50 $ on nicehash so how is ravencoin more profitable? im earning about 70-80 rvn per day

Nicehash is mining you BitCoin, which went down over $1000 in value in the last week. Roughly 13% drop.

RavenCoin is at $0.04 a coin, it's expected (or hoping) to at the very least break $1 one day.

So while today you are making $4.50 on Nicehash, that $4.50 became $3.91 after that 13% drop. Even if it climbed back up to $8000, you're back to $4.50 and even if it went back up to $9000, then you $4.50 became $5.08.

$2.99 of Raven coin today at $0.04 could end up being $74.75 (at $1 per coin) one day. That's why RavenCoin is worth it for us to mine. Could it never happen? Definitely. No one thought BitCoin would shoot up to $21,000 a coin. I doubt Raven will ever get close to that. But what if it went to a measly $10? Now that $2.99 in raven coin you mined PER DAY is worth $747.50.

That's the risk I'm taking with RavenCoin. I'm not doing it for money today but money tomorrow.

If you were to mine for 1 BitCoin, at $4.50 a day, it would take you 1509 days to earn $6,791 (todays value) If you were to get RavenCoin and it simply went to $1 a coin (74 coin a day)  you would have only had to mine for 91 days to make the same $6,791. I know my math doesn't take into account difficulty increase, the point is to illustrate the difference in how to earn between BitCoin on NiceHash and mining RavenCoin.

I'd rather gamble on RavenCoin and earn as much in 91 days of mining then to play it safe and mine with NiceHash and have to wait 1509 days to earn the same potential amount.

Im mining on nicehash 4.5$ and buying rvn .so if i mine rvn i earn 30% less rvn...  so from my calculations its much better to mine on nicehash. you are losing 30% profit a day

You have no idea what you are talking about..Nicehash pays you 20% less than what they show..There is no way that u can make more from nicehash.Period.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Cjm_258

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 12:46:08 PM

Using threeeyed mining pool I got payouts every hour for the first 24hr but now I haven't received a payout since 4pm yesterday. I can't find a discord for the pool or for Raven. Anyone else experience payout delays? What pools are you guys using?
Aismen

Activity: 83
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 12:58:35 PM

Using threeeyed mining pool I got payouts every hour for the first 24hr but now I haven't received a payout since 4pm yesterday. I can't find a discord for the pool or for Raven. Anyone else experience payout delays? What pools are you guys using?

the dev is working on it

https://discordapp.com/channels/429127343165145089/429133710663876628
DIXxX

Activity: 38

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 01:13:21 PM

I am getting on my 4x 1070 non Ti versions arround 36 - 42 Mh/s on enemy103 which is more as it is displayed on ravencalc (7.5 MH/s per card), but with average hashrate, which in my case is ~38 MH/s I should be getting arround 145 Ravens according to ravencalc. In reality I received 108 ravens into my wallet for 24 hrs which is about what should I get arround, when I set 4 1070's in ravencalc. Does this means, that the miner is showing more hashes ~38, but in reality I get only ~30 from the pool?

I am using Ravenminer.com pool and Enemy103 miner with -i19 on win10

I am using same miner on 9 1070s and get 260 a day max on suprnova...and get 250 per day approx...cards are running 97w per card on average, but still very spiky Wattage and Voltage
Techgtv

Activity: 63

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 01:21:33 PM

the point people are making is, you are either not making 4.5$ on nicehash, or your rigs are not optimized for raven and you don't earn enough raven for your config.

nicehash for all of us is about 30% LESS profitable then ravencoin, so what makes your case different? a single 1080TI makes me 1.1$ on nicehashwith powerlimite of 70%, 1.89 with 60% power limit on ravencoin. so besides higher profitable coin, it also consume less power.

can i suggest you make screenshots, write down configs, which miner, which pool etc, so we may be of assistance in getting you a better yield?

im mining with ccminer 64, 3x 1060, 1x 1050ti ,1x 1070 and 1x 980ti, about  70-80rvn per day with 70% power on all cards.i was mining 1 week ago 120 rvn per day.Why such a drop i dont know, atm its more profitable for me to mine on nicehash. If you go to whatmine its more money on nicehash
[/quote]

whattomine is wrong about ravencoin calculations. you need to put in the correct number for it to show the right profitability.

Also, best to look at satoshi /BTC you get per day, not $. then convert the mined ravencoin in value to btc, and compare it that way. there are 5-10% prise swings in a single day already.

I have a feeling you don't mine alot of coins outside of nicehash, network difficulty plays a part in how many ravencoin you get as a reward, i received 2K ravencoin a day 2 weeks ago, now i am makinng 700 a day on my whole setup.

but if i take my whole setup, and put all my hashrates into whattomine, and put in the correct ( daily) price of raven, i always end up 20% more profitable then nicehash.
i run exclusively nvidia's so again, something is off in your calculations. Don't ever trust the estimates of nicehash, they swing around WAY too much. and again i use less power on X16r.

taking a reference 1070 from whattomine for example:

whattomine says you should mine ethereum (30MH/s at 120W ) with a daily reward of 0.00013 BTC
ravencoin on a single 1070 would average at 7,5MH/s and for comparison it should be around 100W in power with a daily reward of 25.31 RVN, which is 0,0001323861 BTC

so that is a 23861 satoshi higher reward. at a 521 satoshi price level of ravencoin, with lower power consumption.

P.S. 7,5 MH/s is low end, my 1070TI's all do 12,5 MH/s at 60% power limit so it should be closer to 9-11 MH/s on a 1070

i hope to provide insight, i am not telling you what to do, but something is off and i hope you find out what is.
skablast

Activity: 476
Merit: 19

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 01:25:56 PM

at CnCwt.

1) change your name!Very hard to remember
2) which sgminer are you using Brian or ?

then try the other!
danilogrv

Activity: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 01:34:56 PM

Hey everyone, im having a problem with the mine.threeeyed.info it has been a day now and they are not paying me..Im gonna put my 2 wallets below so you guys can se that i have a lot of mature ravens and they are not sending it.
What should i do?
obs: it was working fine until yesteday.Sorry for my english

http://mine.threeeyed.info/workers/RAwwYogKonHTqiXrAtW15mkMrUYm2nuCLC
http://mine.threeeyed.info/workers/RU12DGCHveTHxMbPxUpspA8foVGhM9eTja
Fomichev

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 01:47:00 PM

At me too most, the pool does not deduce RVN  Huh
Chatturga

Activity: 50

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 01:56:39 PM

Hey everyone, im having a problem with the mine.threeeyed.info it has been a day now and they are not paying me..Im gonna put my 2 wallets below so you guys can se that i have a lot of mature ravens and they are not sending it.
What should i do?

The pool owner is aware of the issue and is working on a resolution.  He has confirmed that all coins are safe, and payouts will be made as soon as possible.
HaberHash

Activity: 115

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 01:59:48 PM

Watching this thread, but not receiving notifications about new posts.  Hopefully now I will Smiley
danilogrv

Activity: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 02:03:01 PM

What should i do?

The pool owner is aware of the issue and is working on a resolution.  He has confirmed that all coins are safe, and payouts will be made as soon as possible.

Well he should put a warning or something on the website.
DIXxX

Activity: 38

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 02:17:13 PM

Greed of you people will be the end of Crypto...this coin looked promising, but whenever money starts appearing devs get into "fight" and leaving, splitting ect, no matter what coin is at stake...so sad

Not sure why you had to use the word "devs". Maybe you are misunderstanding the situation. There is no {{ devs get into "fight" and leaving, splitting ect }}. Ravencoin threads on this BitcoinTalk forum are like fan pages, created by enthusiasts. Actual developers are not going to spend time maintaining fan pages. They spend time developing.

Yes you are right I misunderstood the situation because my initial reaction was in regard to post by that guy Kai on old ANN page...I removed the post
beursstarter

Activity: 80
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 02:20:37 PM
Last edit: April 05, 2018, 02:33:03 PM by beursstarter

Im mining on nicehash 4.5$ and buying rvn .so if i mine rvn i earn 30% less rvn...  so from my calculations its much better to mine on nicehash. you are losing 30% profit a day

is 30% after or before all the fees from Nicehash?

After all fee i have about 4-4.5$ a day... go to whattomine and check.. transfer from nicehash to coinbase is free, transfer from coinbase to gdax is free and than i can buy whatever i want or withdraw.. so why would i mine rvn?

Because you will make more mining RVN then Nicehash if you use an optimised miner like https://github.com/ocminer/suprminer/releases

I have nothing against Nicehash. My experience is that I earn more mining on Nicehash then on a pool using the same algo most of the time. But currently mining RVN is more profitable then anything on Nicehash afaik.

Therefore if you earn more on Nicehash then when mining RVN you are mining some algo I'm not aware of or you can earn more mining RVN then you think Smiley
jesser509

Activity: 68

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 02:38:16 PM

Ravencoin Miner v2.2.2

Linux support is here!
https://github.com/Ravencoin-Miner/Ravencoin/releases

v2.2.2
Added required files and permissions to source code to compile on Linux.
Windows release is the same as v2.2

Kraww!
https://imgur.com/a/Zw97u

v2.2
Kraww!
Added estimate for RVN earned per day (displays every 5th share)
Cleaned up Display:
-Removed hash order display
-Removed first algorithm display
-Removed Core clock, GPU temp, and GPU fan speed display, now only displays Efficiency (kH/W) and Power (W)
-(Afterburner and other programs display this better anyways)
-Note: Only removed display, the code to monitor these values is unaffected and any options related to them should be available.

Anyone knows how to display current mining algorithm with this miner ?

Thanks!

Hey there, I decided to remove the display of anything related to that. Let me explain why. x16r uses 16 hash functions randomized by the previous block. Whenever you submit a valid share it is because your miner received that hash function order, went through all 16 hash functions, got an output, and checked that output against the server/blockchain to confirm it was valid. Each hash function alone (skein, keccak, sha512, simd, etc) is executed in a very brief time (a few seconds at most, tenths of a second at the lower end). To display which hash function the miner is "currently" on would require printing at least 16 lines in between each accepted share. That is simply to much (in my opinion not extremely important) information to display on the console. Also considering that printing those lines every share is not computationally "free" I have decided I do not want it in my main build.

With that being said it is not an issue for me to compile a custom version for you with the line that displays the single character versions of the hash order.

"0123456789ABCDEF"

For example ^.

'Linux' support?

Or ubuntu support? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stop using the term linux as being ubuntu.

Compile in RHEL based systems also and you will have our interest in our farm. Fedora 27 x64 and Centos 7 x64.

Until then, you have UBUNTU support which is only ONE linux distribution, NOT a blanket 'linux support'.

Would be appreciated.

If you need us to compile for you, we can.

#crysx

Hey, I am very sorry for that mistake. I actually had someone assist me over discord in even getting Ubuntu support (thanks again for correction) as I only have Windows and I don't know much about the difference between Linux and Ubuntu.

I would really appreciate you helping me get my miner compiled to at least support the OS your farm is running. Message me on discord @--Banshee#1413 or PM me here Smiley
Thanks for the offer.

Every miner developer please write for which GPU card is your miner intended. People waste a lot of time to figure that out, and you can just write that in your posts. Thank you.

I am sorry about that. nVidia only Smiley

Interested, any comparison against other miners? I have been mining with Enemy/Suprnova, so far seems good, seems to be the most used Miner at the moment, at least on Ravenminer pool.

Sorry I do not have any direct comparisons with Enemy miner as I do not personally run enemy miner.
Feel free to post some though if you can!

Just started with your latest windows version, in a few hours will see how the coins move, im still on suprnova pool, it might not be a 100% fair comparison as difficulty and hashrates varies almost by the minute.

Any particular settings/OC you recommend? i have a few different rigs, have basically every Nvidia card from 1060 3GB up to 1080TI.

Thanks.

Awesome thanks for giving it a shot! Please let me know your results.
I recommend as much core OC you can get as long as its stable. I use +125.
+500 memory OC (Some people use 0, or even -502. Experiment with this one yourself. But core is most important)
60% power
70C temp limit

Also, Ravencoin Miner has been updated to v2.3. This build contains a fix for the miner not submitting valid shares when the Hamsi hash function was the first hash function in the hash order and this nets around a 6% increase in overall hash rate.

Ravencoin Miner: an optimized open source miner created specifically for Ravencoin.
v2.3
Fix miner not submitting shares when Hamsi was first Hash function!
6% increase in overall hash rate!
v2.2.2
Ubuntu support
v2.2
Kraww!
Added estimate for RVN earned per day (displays every 5th share)
Linux Support
Cleaned up Display:
-Removed hash order display (Optional)
-Removed first algorithm display (Optional)
-Removed Core clock, GPU temp, and GPU fan speed display, now only displays Efficiency and Power
   -(Afterburner and other programs display this better anyways)
   -Note: Only removed display, the code to monitor these values is unaffected and any options related to them should be available.

https://github.com/Ravencoin-Miner/Ravencoin/releases

Why the 60% power limit advice, can you elaborate on that please? I would think that 100% power limit is more stable and is more profitable, (while using more electricity of course).

Most people have noticed that the extra power is not totally necessary with x16r. But yea in reality I should have said around 60-80% power is good for most people. I just like lower temps for running 24/7. And my gpu is inside my case so not the best air flow. 

I have been running 60% power for a few weeks now and it has been totally stable for me. The un-stability comes in if your core clock or memory clock is to high.
Feel free to experiment with your own settings obviously Smiley my settings we just stable settings I have been running with solid results Smiley
beursstarter

Activity: 80
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 02:40:33 PM
Last edit: April 05, 2018, 05:19:38 PM by beursstarter

My rig is stable for weeks on 100% pl, will try to lower and see the diff.
jesser509

Activity: 68

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 02:42:45 PM

My rig is stable for weeks on 100% po, will try to lower and see the diff.

You should see much lower temps and obviously lower electricity usage means more money!
And with all that your hash rate should not change by much if at all. But definitely experiment in the 60-80 range.
Brzina

Activity: 74
Merit: 20

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 03:07:21 PM

Rig is stable on 100%, 80%, 60% pl. But, lower PL, lower the average hashrate on pool after few hours. So, I'm always on 100% PL since february.
Just watch your average hash on pool and you will see how lower PL, kills the hash....
JoenNL

Activity: 571
Merit: 18

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 03:13:30 PM

Jo guys, somebody here mining with AMD using the SGminer x16R version?

Here it was mining for a few minutes, drivers crashed and i can not get it work again.

Problem: miner close immeditaly after starting.

What i already tried:
- Look if the .bat file is wrong
- Create a .conf to run from
- Used DDU to uninstall all AMD related drivers
- Installed 1x newest AMD version + SDK package -> uninstalled again with DDU
- Installed 1x AMD Blockchain version + SDK package (both amd drivers i also tested without SDK package)
- Using the standard Windows 10 Pro AntiVirus -> also set the AV up so it avoid my sgminer folders

*i got 0 / NO problems with mining while using Claymore (for ZCASH / ETH), got no problems with xmrstak (cryptonight), i only got this problem with SGminer (tried different SGminer versions what are supporting x16r)

Somebody know the solution for this problem? I checked google, but my pool is correct, my username, my password, got no spaces or whatsoever what can be wrong..

Test system for Ravencoin:
full update Windows 10 Pro 64bit (official)
1x R9 290 Tri-X OC (AMD blockchain drivers, also tried the newest normall AMD drivers with the latest SDK package)
8GB DDR3
all running on an SSD

Using a clean .bat now for testing with the line:   sgminer.exe -k x16r -o stratum+tcp://rvn.suprnova.cc:6667 -u joenn.thuis -p 1

FgTeamBR

Activity: 8

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 03:13:40 PM

We need dedicated topic for mining rvn.

Roll Eyes
SL34Z13

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 03:17:59 PM

Signed up and First post now but have been following Kai’s original ANN (Appreciate all the work Kai! Top work mate!) and mining since early feb and wanted to share my hashrate for future ref as I think big things of raven with the community  

3x Zotac Gtx 1060 3gb  = average 6.5-7.3 Mh/s each standard core +400 mem running at 67%
1x Gigabyte G1 Gaming Gtx = average 10.5-11.2 Mh/s each standard +200 mem running at 71%

Averaging around 30 Mh/s on suprnova using Suprminer (https://github.com/ocminer/suprminer)
Was using original ccminer and only hashing on average 17 Mh/s for the first month or so, made a decent amount of rvn then but times have changed

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 239 »
  Print  

Jump to: