Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 04:05:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 239 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ravencoin [RVN] PoW GPU Mining | Asset Transfer Blockchain (Updated ANN)  (Read 1170212 times)
vrm42

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 09:58:22 PM

after reading the last ten pages of this branch - suggests that this project is gaining momentum and rolling into a deep pit ... constant charges of fraud, debris, scams ... the price of the coin does not stay in place and continues to fall, the community is slowly disintegrating - this very bad Angry

Yea it looks like this but in fact its a great project with devs hard working and personally i think with great future and good white paper however devs do their job and don't care about bitcoin talk thread so it looks as it looks - I wouldn't worry about that anyway

Two great posts that emphasise what is going on. For the first part: we, miners, are moving from one shitcoin to another. Simply follow the profit, it's that simple. RVN is currently the best, so we mine it until the next new hyped one.
And when an as*hole steals our money we cry. Completely normal. It's about money, nothing else.

For the second part: those kind of post make threads coloured. Crying is boring over time, must be some bullshit every now and then. But let's just think about it for a moment: what the F* would make this project great actually? Nothing at all.
Cheering like this is just a byproduct beside "developing". I got use to it, but, of course, I can't take it seriously.

Keep mining, keep crying, keep having fun Smiley

BTW, there is still no payments from 3i...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DIXxX

Activity: 38

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 11:06:54 PM

what does the quality of the project has to do with scammy pools/exchanges/people = This is crypto, everything you do is your responsibility. Send complaints to pool stop coming here crying about it....you are making it look as if project is bad with all negativity...
kaigeta

Activity: 146
Merit: 27

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 11:44:28 PM
Last edit: April 14, 2018, 12:00:40 AM by kaigeta

Visit these links for more info on the people and parties behind ravencoin! Not as community centered as they'd have you guys believe! But thats ok, transparency is coming soon, and there's no reason it should be feared or FUDed!

http://www.mediciventures.com/
http://www.chainstonelabs.com/

and the hourly paid community leaders/mods/admins from https://www.overstock.com/

And the political arm of Ravencoin: https://www.fsp.org/

More docs and a fun disclosure of the stuff going on behind the scenes coming soon. AMA that will include 3i info, the otc shutdown info, cryptobridge info, rubberchicken scamming bruce fenton doc, and lots more. Feel free to ask the community in discord! But they're mostly overstock employees and corporate/poltical friends, so don't worry if they end up getting weird.

Remember these companies work for the community, not the other way around!

Miss you RubberChicken, why'd you scam Bruce? JK. We can address that later! No reason to keep this stuff secret anymore! The cypherpunk manifesto clearly outlines the difference bewteen secrecy and privacy! Great coin, great devs, great community, but corporate controlling interest is very real. Be mindful going forward RVNfam, long live Ravencoin, long live miners!

brianmct

Activity: 26
Merit: 51

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 12:43:28 AM
Merited by Taxidermista (50)

Hi everyone,

I recently had a generous person donate a RX580 to me, and thus was able to give the AMD side some love by making some x16r optimizations for AMD.

After around a week of work, I've made numerous optimizations to the x16r / x16s kernels, and with preliminary testing I'm getting around +10% over ace's sgminer, or around 7.5 MH/s on my RX580 (without much hardware tuning). People on the Discord server seem to have good results with it as well.

As with Nevermore (which is for Nvidia cards), Avermore (for AMD) has a 1% devfee to support continued work on the miner. I look forward to hearing your feedback about this new release!

Avermore releases

Avermore source code
Github wiki pages
Getting Started guide
Troubleshooting guide
Optimizing Hashrate guide
darkdude

Activity: 113
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 01:58:39 AM

a friend of mine wants to buy rvn.  it will be there first crypto purchase and have no btc, just $$$.  Loooking to buy between 4000-8000 rvn coins.   what is the easiest way to do this

I mine my coins and dont want to sell any.  I looked at the exchanges we have and well....  they are pretty terrible to use.  So there must be an easier way?
q89p426

Activity: 11

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 02:16:07 AM

a friend of mine wants to buy rvn.  it will be there first crypto purchase and have no btc, just $$$.  Loooking to buy between 4000-8000 rvn coins.   what is the easiest way to do this

I mine my coins and dont want to sell any.  I looked at the exchanges we have and well....  they are pretty terrible to use.  So there must be an easier way?

First go to Crypto Bridge DEX to calculate how many bitcoin you need for the amount of Ravencoin you want to buy
https://wallet.crypto-bridge.org/market/BRIDGE.RVN_BRIDGE.BTC

The, go to GDAX (CoinBase) to buy bitcoin with $$
https://www.gdax.com/trade/BTC-USD

Then withdraw the bitcoin to your account on Crypto Bridge DEX to buy Ravencoin
https://wallet.crypto-bridge.org/market/BRIDGE.RVN_BRIDGE.BTC

forghu

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 03:46:54 AM

I was more concerned about creating voting assets costing $50k per vote, but maybe they'll invent a feature where a voting token isn't a full asset, but a subasset of the main asset.
sjyi

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 04:08:51 AM

I still stand by cryptopool.party.  I went to Suprnova and saw the reduction in coins.  I went back to cryptopool.party and found my coins were being properly paid

I dont work for them and get no referreal .  I am just want share with the community what I feel is a fair and solid pool

https://cryptopool.party/?address=RYCh69myaLu3LxYzxCiubUfYDFF4YFZ3xm

I tried both suprnova and 3eyed with both Nvidia and Amd cards.  suprnova does not pay all the shares.

Switched over to cryptopool with 3eyed'sproblems.  Eventually 3eyed's payment came in.
Cryptopool seems to pay the best or at least consistently.  Sticking with them for now.

sjyi

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 04:12:00 AM

a friend of mine wants to buy rvn.  it will be there first crypto purchase and have no btc, just $$$.  ...
The, go to GDAX (CoinBase) to buy bitcoin with $$
https://www.gdax.com/trade/BTC-USD
Just be informed that Coinbase holds the purchased crypto a week prior to releasing them to your account.
darkdude

Activity: 113

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 04:13:08 AM

thanks everyone for the quick responses!
sjyi

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 04:16:44 AM

after reading the last ten pages of this branch - suggests that this project is gaining momentum and rolling into a deep pit ... constant charges of fraud, debris, scams ... the price of the coin does not stay in place and continues to fall, the community is slowly disintegrating - this very bad Angry

Yea it looks like this but in fact its a great project with devs hard working and personally i think with great future and good white paper however devs do their job and don't care about bitcoin talk thread so it looks as it looks - I wouldn't worry about that anyway

The long awaited roadmap seems to be missing information, especially the Asset management protocol.

I've uploaded updates to the "RPC commands for assets" into github.
I've also included interaction diagrams for some of the use cases.

So far, I have not heard any responses.

I think they (devs?) should have been able to release a doc that is more detailed.
blacklig

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 05:19:43 AM

The long awaited roadmap seems to be missing information, especially the Asset management protocol.

I think they (devs?) should have been able to release a doc that is more detailed.

Interesting.
How come it misses?
Didnt devs release Aprils whitepaper, if it appeared on official website that day?
Commie

Activity: 621
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 06:13:47 AM

I am not satisfied with that answer, I lost about 1.500 Ravecoins, somebody has to pay for that. I don't have free electricity.

You mean, you choose a wrong/not established pool on an opensource community project, then the pool went down and the project itself has to reimburse your losses? Wow, that's bold. Chase pool owners if you want to, file reports to police, FBI, KGB or UN, they will sure help you.

They will probably help you... getting you butt kicked Smiley
I get it is annoying and you are not happy about it, but man, you lost like 50 bucks... The universe will survive it and so do you.

It's funny sometimes when you see people bitching and moaning over their own wrong decisions, thinking that the whole universe owes them.

sjyi

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 06:16:19 AM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

Interesting.
How come it misses?
Didnt devs release Aprils whitepaper, if it appeared on official website that day?

I sincerely hope Raven succeeds as a coin.  More importantly as a multi-asset management  platform.

The genesis block was released on Jan. 3rd, 2018.  I think there were a few months of lead prior to that date.

I started to mine the coin in early Feb. So I anxiously waited for the roadmap.  At that time the only thing that was released was the description of X16r with the notice that the roadmap would be  coming.

The roadmap provides more information than many of the rushed altcoins being introduced these days, the section on RPC commands for assets seems to be quite terse.  The current information seems to be based on actual code implementation.  While this is good, the roadmap should be able to specify what WILL be implemented, not what was already implemented.

The roadmap lists functions/features broken down to phases.

The Appendix lists commands from Phase 2 - Assets as well as Phase 4 - Unique Assets (makeuniqueasset(), listuniqueassets().

The Phase 2 - Assets related RPC commands seem to be incomplete.  Commands issue() and issuefrom() seems to be redundant without significant benefit for maintaining both methods.

Utilizing the current set of commands need additional features/functions to accomplish the terse requirement listed in the roadmap.

If anyone is interested, we can exchange more detailed analysis.

olamidey

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2018, 07:44:02 AM

I have grown tired of what the crypto world is turning into. It have been a while I have come across a true fair distribution of token, now all we hear is mn sale,  premine,  ico, airdrop.  With Ravencoin, I believe we are finally going to see another coin with fair distribution. I am already a fan of this coin, I believe they will go places, the only advice I have for the team is, they should strive for Ravencoin to be listed in major exchange. It has all it takes to become one of the best.

NChink

Activity: 76

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 08:40:59 AM

Visit these links for more info on the people and parties behind ravencoin! Not as community centered as they'd have you guys believe! But thats ok, transparency is coming soon, and there's no reason it should be feared or FUDed!

and the hourly paid community leaders/mods/admins from https://www.overstock.com/

More docs and a fun disclosure of the stuff going on behind the scenes coming soon. AMA that will include 3i info, the otc shutdown info, cryptobridge info, rubberchicken scamming bruce fenton doc, and lots more. Feel free to ask the community in discord! But they're mostly overstock employees and corporate/poltical friends, so don't worry if they end up getting weird.

Miss you RubberChicken, why'd you scam Bruce? JK. We can address that later! No reason to keep this stuff secret anymore! The cypherpunk manifesto clearly outlines the difference bewteen secrecy and privacy! Great coin, great devs, great community, but corporate controlling interest is very real. Be mindful going forward RVNfam, long live Ravencoin, long live miners!

A lot of this was already known to some of us - I had hinted towards that in the other thread - but one thing that completely slipped by me: FSP the "political arm" of Ravencoin? Clear to explain that?
kaigeta

Activity: 146
Merit: 27

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 10:52:51 AM

A lot of this was already known to some of us - I had hinted towards that in the other thread - but one thing that completely slipped by me: FSP the "political arm" of Ravencoin? Clear to explain that?

Great question. Bruce Fenton himself is a free stater, libertarian. He moved to my state last november. The OTHER half of the planted community in Ravencoin are libertarian kids (FSP kids) from my state and beyond (hence their coordinated trolling efforts with the Overstock crew). Ravencoin was actually announced at the Free State Digital Assets Conference in December 2017, a Bruce Fenton/Chainstone lead event in New Hampshire, USA. I am not of any of these groups, so very simple (and legal, mind you) moves by me to keep these groups from holding power in the Ravencoin "community" are met with massive trolling/spin efforts. You may have already seen how disproportionate/ineffective their efforts are.

But dont worry. The silent majority are true blockchain/Ravencoin fans! These people are just the most vocal, and aim to garner support by demonizing me and my efforts for the community at large (bad move, lol). Many have already turned over in their interest while never being truly informed of the attacks on me and special interest moves. I aim to change that! Well, already have Wink

Thanks for your question!
l.kyzmanov

Activity: 19

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 01:35:36 PM
Last edit: April 14, 2018, 01:50:39 PM by l.kyzmanov

http://evocation.network

Currently there is only RVN coin, but new coins are going to be added periodically, we do not require any registration and payouts are instant when the minimum payout is reached (0.5 right now).

Hosted in the cloud, so there are not going to be any downtime, fast server with ssd.

To see the configuration please go to http://evocation.network/connect.html and select your desire coin in the right top corner (currently only RVN).
WickedPigeon

Activity: 345
Merit: 16

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 01:37:49 PM

I have grown tired of what the crypto world is turning into.   

I've heard that "People will disappoint." Let's hope this coin doesn't!

“How did you go bankrupt?” Bill asked.

“Two ways,” Mike said. “Gradually and then suddenly.”
michelelee

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 02:12:17 PM

anyone has enemy 1.06 downlink?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 239 »
  Print  

Jump to: