Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 05:07:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 [164] 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 ... 239 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ravencoin [RVN] PoW GPU Mining | Asset Transfer Blockchain (Updated ANN)  (Read 1170192 times)
Mixer78

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 10:44:30 PM

Hello Everyone
A have a question
Have you checked?  www.crypto-coinz.net/recommended-crypto-pools-for/?109-Ravencoin-RVN-X16R-mining-pools

Hashrate Distribution Pie - some one mining 54% of all hash rate. and it is Unknown .

Do you know what is the address od the pool ?
suprnova.cc
there is given that supanova has 21.7%.but I do not know if it's good or bad

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
majestymage

Activity: 994
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2018, 10:50:42 PM

the hype around raven took the difficulty to moon. i expect some miners to move on and a dif cooldown for a while.

██████
                                             ██████▄▄
                                             ██████  ▀▀▀▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄▄▄▄                             ▄▀ █ ▀▄         █▀████
         █████          ████             ▄▀   █   ▀▄     ▄▀   █
         █████          ████       ▄▄▄▄▄▀     █     ▀▄ ▄▀    █
       ▄▀     █         █▀▄█▀▄     █████     █       ▄▀▄    █
     ▄▀        ▀▄      █▄█▄▄█▄▀█▀▀▀█████     █     ▄▀   ▀▄ █
█████      ▄▄▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀█ █   ▀▄  ▀▄   █ █     █   ▄▀     █████
████████▀▀▀       █  █  █    █    ▀▄█   █  ████▄▀       █████
█████   ▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▀█  █      █    █▀▄   █▄████         ▄▀
                  ▀█▀▀███     ▀▄  █  ▄█▀▀  █          ▄▀
                  █  ▄▀▀▀      █ █▄▀▀  ▀▀▄  █       ▄▀
             ░█████▄▀         ████        ▀▀▄█    ▄▀
              █████           ████▀▀▀▄▄▄      ███████
              ▀▀▀▀▀                     ▀▀▀▄▄▄███████
                                              ███████
                                              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
/iTEX/./INNOVATING TRADING EXCHANGE/.
/Whitepaper/ /Sign Up/ /Buy Token Now/

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████ ▀███████▀    ▀██████
 █████▌  ▀▀███        ▄█████
▐██████▄             ▐██████▌
▐█████▄               ██████▌
▐███████▄            ███████▌
 ███████▄          ▄████████
  ████████       ▄█████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████████████████▀▀▀ ▐████
 ███████████▀▀▀  ▄█▀  ██████
▐█████▀▀▀      ▄█▀    ██████▌
▐███▄▄▄    ▄▄██▀     ███████▌
▐████████ ███▀       ███████▌
 ████████▌█          ███████
  ████████ ▄▄██▄    ███████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
 █████     ▄▄          █████
▐█████     ████▄▄      █████▌
▐█████     ████████    █████▌
▐█████     ████▀▀      █████▌
 █████     ▀▀          █████
  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
AlexanderDumas

Activity: 206

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 01:28:06 AM

Hello, is it still possible to mine Raven with  gtx 1060 with only 3gb of memory?
It was possible in the past... but I am not familiar with this coin, which I believe recently had a new fork.

Cheers.
Under_RVN

Activity: 19
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2018, 01:32:14 AM

For actually accurate Hashrate distributions you can trust, ditch the spotty metrics of those othersites, and get chain accurate data at https://ravencoin.network/pools  Not just an explorer!!
Chris!
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1122

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 02:19:37 AM

Hello, is it still possible to mine Raven with  gtx 1060 with only 3gb of memory?
It was possible in the past... but I am not familiar with this coin, which I believe recently had a new fork.

Cheers.

On a pool, yes. If you mean solo mining you may never find a block. I'd look into the profitability of doing so though. It depends on your electricity rates.
Morama

Activity: 104
Merit: 44

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 06:22:08 AM

Do you know what is the address od the pool ?
That's maybe Nicehash. They have up to 3 TH on X16r which should be mainly Ravencoin.
williamgrahamiv

Activity: 17

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 10:06:42 AM

Cheers.

On a pool, yes. If you mean solo mining you may never find a block. I'd look into the profitability of doing so though. It depends on your electricity rates.

The whole “profitability” thing isn’t a straight up yes or no question. It is a timeframe question. Even if short term it isn’t profitable to mine, it _could_ be in the long term if you HODL. Plus mining even when it isn’t immediately profitable grows the network, which increases the future value of RVN.

Don’t believe me? Just ask anyone who “unprofitably” mined BTC when it was at $1000.
Chris!
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1122

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 01:31:53 PM

Cheers.

The whole “profitability” thing isn’t a straight up yes or no question. It is a timeframe question. Even if short term it isn’t profitable to mine, it _could_ be in the long term if you HODL. Plus mining even when it isn’t immediately profitable grows the network, which increases the future value of RVN.

Don’t believe me? Just ask anyone who “unprofitably” mined BTC when it was at $1000.

Lol that goes without saying. But would I rather mine RVN that cost me 10 cents each, or just buy some for 5? From a personal selfish standpoint, if your electricity rates are high, just go buy RVN.

The new discord seems to have most people that added a lot to the community in the old cencored one. For uncensored chat, we'll see you in: https://discord.gg/Va496V. No bans, just a time-out room if you get a little rowdy or post someone's dox.
AlexanderDumas

Activity: 206

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 02:46:43 PM

Cheers.

Lol that goes without saying. But would I rather mine RVN that cost me 10 cents each, or just buy some for 5? From a personal selfish standpoint, if your electricity rates are high, just go buy RVN.

The new discord seems to have most people that added a lot to the community in the old cencored one. For uncensored chat, we'll see you in: https://discord.gg/Va496V. No bans, just a time-out room if you get a little rowdy or post someone's dox.
Thank you everyone for the answers.
It seems that at current difficulty, price and my cost of electricity for 5 gtx 1060, it would be barely profitable to mine. like 70 cents a day.
Although it is a minimal margin which can change any time and go against me, it is not that producing 1 raven will cost the double than just buying right away.
As someone said, you mine and "invest" or hope fr the best, which may never happens. LOL.
If the electricity bill is not a major issues like in the case of 5 gtx1060, which are very energy efficient, it may be worth just doing it.
strongke

Activity: 369
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 03:02:35 PM

I see the development of the Ravencoin very much in interest by investors because it prioritizes the coin for the community could develop a community itself
WickedPigeon

Activity: 345
Merit: 16

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 03:10:20 PM
Last edit: October 26, 2018, 04:11:52 PM by WickedPigeon

Hello everyone.I wanted to ask if such settings are ok?
3x1060 6GB,settings:PL 70 to 80%,GPU clock:160 to 170,MEM.400
Palit 1070 8GB,settings:PL 79%,GPU clock:210,MEM.500
Palit 1070 8GB,settings:PL 56%,GPU clock:50,MEM.500
Gigabyte 1070 8GB,settings:PL 70%,GPU clock:130,MEM.500
performance max 73 MH / s.Pool suprnova
mined 3.5 - 4 RVN per hour.
4 RVN per hour is the maximum I can pull out with these cards?
Thanks for the advice

You don't need the Mem. Set to 0 or -500.
other tips at Enemy's discord https://discord.gg/TxSMwz

“How did you go bankrupt?” Bill asked.

“Two ways,” Mike said. “Gradually and then suddenly.”
leetlezee

Activity: 232
Merit: 38

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 03:22:36 PM

It's the age-old argument of what matters most to you; more coins at the end of the day, or being loyal to your coin. If you want more coin, you need to be mining the most profitable coin for your setup and exchange your earnings for the coin(s) you want to accumulate. If you just want to be loyal to your coin, even if you will make less at the end of the day, just mine your coin.

Personally, I just wish I hadn't sold Raven for 305 Sats at what I thought was a pump (with the intention of buying back more when the price dropped). Still mining Raven, but so strange, I am not getting as many coins per day as I was.  Cry
Olyphant 13

Activity: 20

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 03:38:23 PM

I had the chance to buy RVN coins last month and I did not do it, big mistake, I only got them today but I think they can give a lot of satisfaction for a long time hold

Mostly it depend on various factor to make our mind for invest in any project a lot of people were thinking price will go down before asset layer activation. In this topic we can see a lot of people have plan to hold this coin for long term it has big space and it could change the life of strong hands.

It can be seen that the volumes grow several times again.
Either whales are selling before a strong fall, or we will again see a sharp pump and everything will grow significantly. For mining, it is now very profitable, but if the price collapses, many will switch back to other tokens.

I think RVN has more future than ETH or Monero. Most ppl are still mining them without looking it is profitable or not. They mine it bc they believe ETH price will hit 500/1000 USD again. But RVN has more increase potantial them. If ETH/Monero increase 200/500% Raven will incrrease 1000%.

I totally agree with this statement! Beyond the the final price that RVN will manage to reach, I hope to be very soon, the % Rise will be times higher.
Saverenergy

Activity: 728
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 04:13:05 PM

I had the chance to buy RVN coins last month and I did not do it, big mistake, I only got them today but I think they can give a lot of satisfaction for a long time hold

Mostly it depend on various factor to make our mind for invest in any project a lot of people were thinking price will go down before asset layer activation. In this topic we can see a lot of people have plan to hold this coin for long term it has big space and it could change the life of strong hands.
I agree with you that people will keep these coins for a long time, so the price will not greatly decrease. I feel the potential. I will try to get as many coins as possible before the market revives.
Ravenfields

Activity: 11

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 05:09:42 PM

Hi, I started looking into Ravencoin.
Seems quite cool and hits all the right marks. Quite clever.
I just do not get the Hype.
I mean Nem(Xem) has all the same functionality build in, code built from scratch, No ICO, community driven, lots of DAPP, really easy to code and has been here since 2015.
Code is being upgraded as core is being rebuilt in C and more functionality out of box is being built in. etc.

The main positive that I might see in Raven is this is build off BTC and uses BTC BlockChain, so if BTC market grows, then Raven will as well.
Might be able to outpace BTC in future as it has way more functionality as BTC and then BTC will just be back end protocal chain. 

How do you address enterprise level for businesses as this will be required to go mainstream ?

Here is one reason for the volume:  https://www.coindesk.com/zambia-overstocks-medici-ink-deal-on-blockchain-land-registry-pilot/

Also there is the asset layer activation 10/31.

Then there are all the big names behind this project.  Just look up what Bruce Fenton has to say. 

All the information can be found with a simple google search.  Do your DD. 

I can't tell you where this will go over the next couple of months but I have bet the majority of long term crypto investment that this will be MUCH bigger in the next 12 to 24 months and beyond.

Hi thanks for the info, much appraciated
abonarea
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 05:46:23 PM

Raven coin is open source project but funded by big names who want it to succeed and bring decentralized asset layer platform in market. Blockchain is future and sooner or later denier are going to accept the reality. Being on Bitcoin chain means possibility of implementation of all the features which are being built for Bitcoin. This makes Raven coin unique and lot different than other existed projects and all the hype is real.
@Hakermania@

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 06:22:23 PM

Hello to all! I recently learned about this project and missed the news and the reason for this price increase. I hope this is not just a pump, RVN is profitable to mineable. I will transfer my rigs to RVN. What is the reason for the price jump?

Being awesome.

Apart from that it is a coin with a puropse.

It launched without premine, in a fair open matter. There were no funds set aside for Devs or anyone else. So it had a great start, and the Dev team has been actively fixing bugs, communicating with the community and making sure things are ready.

On top of that the launch of th emain net asset layer is coming up in 6 days or so, that has really driven up price as many like yourself are taking notice of RVN now.

The devs also paid out 400,000 RVN in bounties for finding bugs on the testnet.  They are very much active and putting their money where their mouth is.  Great to see.

Good money is around 3 btc more or less right now but if we keep for long time you never know it could be much more! Great stuff guys

_Crypto made easier than cash_
▄███▄              ▄███▄
███████            ███████
███████   ▄████▄   ███████
███████  ████████  ███████
▄██████████  ████████  ██████████▄
████████████  ████████  ████████████
████████████  ████████  ████████████
▀██████████  ████████  ██████████▀
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
Saphire

Activity: 602
Merit: 114

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 06:40:59 AM

It can be seen that the volumes grow several times again.
Either whales are selling before a strong fall, or we will again see a sharp pump and everything will grow significantly. For mining, it is now very profitable, but if the price collapses, many will switch back to other tokens.

I think RVN has more future than ETH or Monero. Most ppl are still mining them without looking it is profitable or not. They mine it bc they believe ETH price will hit 500/1000 USD again. But RVN has more increase potantial them. If ETH/Monero increase 200/500% Raven will incrrease 1000%.

This right.  I believe.

Ethereum may dump.  ERC-20 coins and ICOs (allmost all same) possible securities.  USA SEC might decree these securities.  Other nations follow.  Twilight of Tokens.

Privacy coins attrack attention.  National bank attention.  Listing harder.

Leaves only coins - BTC, LTC and new champion RAVENCOIN!  Community coins only.  Regulating community coins like regulating Pokemon.  

USA SEC maybe, maybe not say ICOs and ERC-20s securities.  I do not know.  

Ethereum start out ICO - I believe.  

Yes right. If SEC decides for ETH as securtiy then ETH will die.
But Raven coin is decentralize. Ravencoin is not an organization. RVN is free and open source software. No agreement is needed for you to use it.
boopy265420
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 09:40:01 AM

You are right in this regard, it doesn't matter what SEC decides about ERC-20 tokens but some kind of uncertainty is in mind of people, and investors are careful when it comes to pour money into those markets. It is purely a form of gambling which can go either way. Ravencoin is designed to be alternative of these assets tokens utility or security without danger of seeing any setback or shutting down fear. This is experiment which after activation of asset layer will start showing its impact more broadly.
williamgrahamiv

Activity: 17

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 12:20:45 PM

Cheers.

I whole heartedly agree with the 5 vs 10 cent thing. Since I have a day job I can afford to loose money now supporting the network. I can’t code, but I can donate a little electricity
Pages: « 1 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 [164] 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 ... 239 »
  Print  

Jump to: