Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:18:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Researching the ASIC market  (Read 455 times)
MrAxelsen (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 12:32:37 PM

Hi Bitcoin talk forum

I'm new to bitcoin mining ("new" - not actually started yet), and I'm trying to get my head around the current ASIC miners out there, but with hundreds of topics with hundreds of replys in them, it's really hard to wrap my head around whats going on.

I was interested in buying some USB ASIC miners, but I haven't had any luck figuring out where, how or for how much to buy them. I've been looking at the Block Erupters and the blue fury.
When looking for a place to buy the Blue Furys I stumbled upon (impossible not to as it is the top google result when searching for "Blue Fury") the website "asic-technologies.com". But I also read somewhere that this website is a scam, and after a bit of back and forth with their support (clearing out questions - not asking if they are a scam) I don't have a very good feeling about them.

But other than that It has been difficult to figure out what the current prices would be for a few Blue Fury miners and where to buy them other than there has been a few threads about buying them on this forum (which are some of those confusing threads I was talking about).

Also, I read somewhere that one could buy a bunch of Block Erupters with a usb rig and everything included for the same price of a few Blue Fury miners (resulting in the same hashing power).

Can some one help me? what is the current situation on the USB ASIC miner market? Where can I buy Blue Fury miner or a bunch of Block Erupters?

Regards
MrAxelsen

Ps. It might be worth mentioning I live in Denmark? Regarding where or from whom I can buy...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MrAxelsen (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 09:48:04 AM

Hello and welcome. You can always look at the group buys section and participate there.
I wouldn't recommend investing in ASICs as you won't ROI. Either wait for Gen2 or just buy bitcoin and hold.

Yeah I'm aware of the fact, that it's hard to get an ROI...

I actually thought the Blue Fury miners were second generation ASIC miners? Or are you talking about some miner that are actually called Gen2? Tongue

Thanks for the answer
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: