Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:31:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The One True God: Satoshi Nakamoto  (Read 6279 times)
allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2013, 06:09:17 PM

lol wow. Just wow.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2013, 07:52:16 PM

Jesus was always a modern guy but i didnt expect that  Shocked ! paid his last meal with BTC
(and left some tip in Litecoin)

BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 04:19:19 AM

I'm actually a Christian (OH NO!) and thought this was funny. But then again the pictures you edited were mostly catholic and I've always thought the catholic faith was a bit on the religious side.

Just, WTF?

Huh Huh Huh
Christians (Protestants) differentiate themselves from Catholics.  Thank Martin Luther for that.  Protestant Reformation.  Back to the nitty gritty.  No more worshipping Mary, praying to Saints, donating cash to the Pope so you can get into heaven.   Now its all about confessing sins to God instead of a man in a booth, praying to God through Jesus instead of to God through a priest, etc etc ... All that standing, sitting, standing, sitting, ... latin services nobody could understand, etc ... =  "Religious".  Therefore a Christian saying Catholics seem really religious is basically a fellow who got back to the true roots of Jesus message, looking at an institution (Catholicism) which is still very bogged down in ritual and meaningless, manmade elements.  "Religiousness".  As opposed to a "Relationship" with god ...

Clear as mud?  Protestant 101 dismissed!

As for the 1 world currency that is "the mark of the beast" ... you can bet your sweet tooshie that when Bitcoin gets big .... this is going to be a HUGE focus by many in the circles of faith.  This is why I would highly recommend for anyone the least bit concerned about Bitcoins success, that you leave the "God thing" out of it.  Its already going to be labeled Satans currency.  Mark my words. http://www.ridingthebeast.com/articles/gold-money-666/ And hey ... maybe it will be just that.  As long as you don't etch your private key in your forehead or wrist, you're fine.  But you'll starve to death too.  Or get your head chopped off for non compliance.  Or get caught up in the rapture.  Whichever happens first.  

Bright days ahead!

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2198

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2013, 06:51:36 AM

I'm actually a Christian (OH NO!) and thought this was funny. But then again the pictures you edited were mostly catholic and I've always thought the catholic faith was a bit on the religious side.

Just, WTF?

Huh Huh Huh
Christians (Protestants) differentiate themselves from Catholics.  Thank Martin Luther for that.  Protestant Reformation.  Back to the nitty gritty.  No more worshipping Mary, praying to Saints, donating cash to the Pope so you can get into heaven.   Now its all about confessing sins to God instead of a man in a booth, praying to God through Jesus instead of to God through a priest, etc etc ... All that standing, sitting, standing, sitting, ... latin services nobody could understand, etc ... =  "Religious".  Therefore a Christian saying Catholics seem really religious is basically a fellow who got back to the true roots of Jesus message, looking at an institution (Catholicism) which is still very bogged down in ritual and meaningless, manmade elements.  "Religiousness".  As opposed to a "Relationship" with god ...

Clear as mud?  Protestant 101 dismissed!
Yep, you are 100% right. I grow up as a Protestant and we don't pray to Mary or put thousands of dollars into our churches. That's just stupid.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
TheEmperor

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 10:41:01 AM

Just, WTF?

Huh Huh Huh
Christians (Protestants) differentiate themselves from Catholics.  Thank Martin Luther for that.  Protestant Reformation.  Back to the nitty gritty.  No more worshipping Mary, praying to Saints, donating cash to the Pope so you can get into heaven.   Now its all about confessing sins to God instead of a man in a booth, praying to God through Jesus instead of to God through a priest, etc etc ... All that standing, sitting, standing, sitting, ... latin services nobody could understand, etc ... =  "Religious".  Therefore a Christian saying Catholics seem really religious is basically a fellow who got back to the true roots of Jesus message, looking at an institution (Catholicism) which is still very bogged down in ritual and meaningless, manmade elements.  "Religiousness".  As opposed to a "Relationship" with god ...

Clear as mud?  Protestant 101 dismissed!

As for the 1 world currency that is "the mark of the beast" ... you can bet your sweet tooshie that when Bitcoin gets big .... this is going to be a HUGE focus by many in the circles of faith.  This is why I would highly recommend for anyone the least bit concerned about Bitcoins success, that you leave the "God thing" out of it.  Its already going to be labeled Satans currency.  Mark my words. http://www.ridingthebeast.com/articles/gold-money-666/ And hey ... maybe it will be just that.  As long as you don't etch your private key in your forehead or wrist, you're fine.  But you'll starve to death too.  Or get your head chopped off for non compliance.  Or get caught up in the rapture.  Whichever happens first.  

Bright days ahead!

LOL. I'm fully aware of the difference between Catholic and Protestant, but to say that Catholics are more religious is quite frankly ludicrous, not to mention naive.

Weather you pray to Mary, the saints and follow the Pope, or just pray to Jesus and God. It's all MAN MADE! Sorry if that's a shock to you but if you actually done any research then you would know that the story of God and Jesus and pretty much everything written in the Bible is just a rehashing of different cultures mythological tales which have been passed down through the earth's MUCH longer than 6000 year history. Weather you follow the pope or not is quite frankly irrelevant. You follow a man made book as it's the word of God, although it's man made and written by individuals that didn't even live during the supposed time of Jesus. You then defend this by saying you are not as religious as Catholic because they are "still very bogged down in ritual and meaningless, manmade elements"

DUDE, take a look in the mirror! You worship a guy you don't actually know existed and his super overlord father who again there's no proof for whatsoever, while believing a book supposedly representing the word of the guys you'll never know even existed or not.  Roll Eyes

Give me proof there is a God, if you can't, then your just as religious as a catholic, a jew, a muslim, a sikh, a hindu et al, end of. Roll Eyes

Religion is faith and faith is believing in something without a shred of prove or evidence but because someone told you it was true or wrote down and you believed it. That's why I WTF'd you because you clearly can't see how much of a hypocritical douche you made yourself out to be with that post.

Reality 101 dismissed!

The only people that are going to label Bitcoin 'the mark of the beast' is religious fanatics like you. Thankfully in this day and age most of us are conscious enough to not believe all that supernatural mumbo jumbo, you know, because of like science n shit, and get on with addressing the real issues at hand created and solved by a change in the current status quo.

Your whole last paragraph is just complete BS.

Man, you've really riled me this morning, what a c**t.  Angry

1. Buy a sword.
2. Name it Kindness.
3. Kill people with Kindness.
TheEmperor

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 10:41:42 AM

Yep, you are 100% right. I grow up as a Protestant and we don't pray to Mary or put thousands of dollars into our churches. That's just stupid.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

1. Buy a sword.
2. Name it Kindness.
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2198

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2013, 10:46:44 AM

I don't see myself as a Protestant by the way. I don't believe in a God entity and if someone wants to believe in BitCoin, well, let them.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
EccLipSe

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 10:59:05 AM

funny. But just a currency with a tech support rather then goverment at all. Smiley
TheEmperor

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 11:15:31 AM

I don't see myself as a Protestant by the way. I don't believe in a God entity and if someone wants to believe in BitCoin, well, let them.

It's a good job I didn't go off on one at you as well then because I did think you were from your post.

And I'm more than happy to let people believe in whatever the hell they want. In fact, belief in Bitcoin I'd probably support more than the rest.

1. Buy a sword.
2. Name it Kindness.
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 04:40:40 PM

LOL. I'm fully aware of the difference between Catholic and Protestant, but to say that Catholics are more religious is quite frankly ludicrous, not to mention naive.
Did you even bother reading what i wrote?
I wasn't telling you the differences between Catholic and Protestant
I was telling you what he meant by "religious", because you are misinterpreting it.

Here is a shorter version since you clearly didnt read the longer version:
When he says religious he means ritual.  Pomp.  manmade rules.
Protestants use "Religious" as a derogatory term towards Catholics in general because they focus on ritual and other useless nonsense.

He is *not* referring to adherence.
You are.
Catholics are, on the whole, significantly less adherent to their faith than protestants.
You're correct.

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
jawnzer

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 06:28:02 PM

Now money becomes a religion? Really pathetic Roll Eyes

Hmmm, could list a lot more religions that are based of more ridiculous things.

But basing a religion on bitcoin could give it a bad wrap with some people, like scientology.
TheEmperor

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 10:25:29 AM

Did you even bother reading what i wrote?
I wasn't telling you the differences between Catholic and Protestant
I was telling you what he meant by "religious", because you are misinterpreting it.

Here is a shorter version since you clearly didnt read the longer version:
When he says religious he means ritual.  Pomp.  manmade rules.
Protestants use "Religious" as a derogatory term towards Catholics in general because they focus on ritual and other useless nonsense.

He is *not* referring to adherence.
You are.
Catholics are, on the whole, significantly less adherent to their faith than protestants.
You're correct.

Did you even bother reading what I wrote? Proving how more 'religious' one is than another is BS?

If the guy clearly can't differentiate between what he means and what he writes it's not my problem. And for you to say you were not telling me the difference, I think you need to go back and read your 'protestant 101' post.

If he meant ritual then he should have said ritual and not religious. Nothing more to say on the matter.

1. Buy a sword.
2. Name it Kindness.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: